Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

well thats why you never said a strigoi to do a vampire counts job, they always gently caress it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

That White House aide made my monocle pop off of my eye.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

I was gonna go with Edgecrusher

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1087902584600514561

Feeling conflicted by my hatred for gamers and like for AOC

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cactus posted:

I agree with this. Trump introduced the concept of cutting out the middle man (media) to tweet his message directly to his people. It's no surprise that actual intelligent people started adopting the same technique that has demonstrably worked so well, and proceeded to do it effectively and consistently. This is the left using one of their advantages that they have over the right; they're smarter.

This has always been a joke since the media breathlessly talks about his tweets every day all day long. The media hasn't been cut out, people like Trump have just made their job super easier.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

xrunner posted:

Man, when I turned 36 I joked that I was no longer in the prime youth marketing demographic. I acted like I was joking, but deep down, in some insecure media validation driven place, it really hurt. More than 30.

This is a fascinating experience - and I assume regional? I grew up in Southern California during the population boom - in elementary school my classrooms were often in temporary trailers the school added to the lot to support the burgeoning population - but I can't imagine how different growing up in the rust belt in the same time period or especially a decade earlier would have been.

When I arrived in high school in fall of '96 the school had 1200 students, it was a two building campus that was built for around 1400-1500 students and hadn't been full for twenty years. When I graduated in '00 we had 1600 students. When my sister graduated in '04 there were 2000 students.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

If only the general population weren't so staggeringly dumb.

AOC owns though.

Well yeah that's the issue isn't it. At the end of the day you gotta hope the reasonable sane people outnumber the dumb insane people. Because if they don't, your society collapses. If they do, they have to use it and maintain vigilance to keep the society under control, and do that while under constant attack by said dumb people. You have to let them exist because if you don't you become everything you're scared of, but you have to find a way to let them exist and not wreck your society. It's difficult and I don't have an answer.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol, seems like he knows that the House speech is probably a no show.

doesnt he have brain damage from a fall or some poo poo? like he was always a law and order shithead who milked his 9/11 fame and other problematic poo poo, but at one point he knew a loving mobster when he saw one and hell he helped destroy some. now he is basically being a punching bag/defender of one.

The problem is thinking he ever had an ethical base. Once he thought it was best for him to be in front of cameras to take down mobsters, now he thinks it looks best to be in front of cameras to defend the mob president. He's playing the same game.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYMag/status/1087845321177251841

quote:

President Trump in 2017 offered unlimited funding to NASA to send a manned flight to Mars, according to an upcoming book.

Prior to a phone call with NASA astronaut Peggy Whitson from the Oval Office in April 2017, Trump pressed Robert Lightfoot Jr., then the acting NASA administrator, for NASA’s plans for Mars, New York Magazine reported Tuesday, citing an advance copy of Cliff Sims’s upcoming book “Team of Vipers.”

“Is there any way we could do it by the end of my first term?” Trump reportedly asked Lightfoot, who explained to the president that NASA planned to try a manned spaceflight by the 2030s and that there were logistical challenges of doing so before then.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Lol m2k

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

President Big Brain

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I believe that it is somewhat different between the two, though I don't know by how much. From the Navajo perspective it was absolutely seen as a positive thing and people were basically allowed to live as whatever gender they felt like. I know that the Pueblo in practice allowed people to live as whoever they wanted, though I don't know the specifics of how they were viewed. I have an auntie who would know more about the Navajo side and I really should ask her next time I see her.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Four, actually! :eng101:

Essentially recognizing the distinction between trans-masc and trans-fem.

Oh, cool! I'm learning so much today. :D

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cactus posted:

Well yeah that's the issue isn't it. At the end of the day you gotta hope the reasonable sane people outnumber the dumb insane people. Because if they don't, your society collapses. If they do, they have to use it and maintain vigilance to keep the society under control, and do that while under constant attack by said dumb people. You have to let them exist because if you don't you become everything you're scared of, but you have to find a way to let them exist and not wreck your society. It's difficult and I don't have an answer.

The answer is democracy is quickly becoming obsolete in an era where you can experience and contribute to humanity's collective, screaming id every moment of everyday, forever (and also be perpetually monitored in pain-staking detail while you're doing it).

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

President Big Brain

Remember, no one knows more about drones and military strategy more than him, so therefore no one can know more about space and rockets more than him. He's the expert.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's more philosophical than political. It's fascinating.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1087880091474903040

:lol: when you realize that these 4 people can now interrogate Trump officials

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

But Hbomberguy owns.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

In an alternate universe 2020 comes to a close with a tragedy when hundreds die when the shoddily-constructed windows at Trump Tower Mars unexpectedly blow out.

“I caught a brief glimpse of Coulter,” said one survivor, “and then she was lost among the stars.”

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This article is listed under "The Intelligencer" and "What The Trump" which leads me back to that growingly familiar question of "Is this satire and I'm just not seeing a clear label?" or "Is this just what we are now?"

Aeolusdallas
Mar 2, 2016

terrorist ambulance posted:

There's a higher degree of intimacy in that picture than I would have thought two male uber chuds of being comfortable with publicly

When I first saw that picture, my first thought was that they were a couple. Then I recognised Kirk....

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I'll put the mark at 10 mil. Nobody gets that by being a good person, and nobody keeps it by being a good person. I can be persuaded that the number is significantly lower.

Sports stars? Singers?

Sure, plenty of them are dicks, but they're not exactly crushing the proleteriate to earn their pay.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Koalas March posted:

Medicaid will cover a new pair every 1-2 years.

Cannot wait to lose my Medicaid when the state decides my disability doesn't count! Thanks Trump for allowing all that!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

Sports stars? Singers?

Sure, plenty of them are dicks, but they're not exactly crushing the proleteriate to earn their pay.

If they made less, supporting staff could make more. Tickets and merch could be cheaper.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone who wears glasses has too much money and should be dealt with accordingly.

But if I can't see I might not be able to shoot my rifle of the revolution very straight. Also, I won't be able to find the rope for the guillotine...

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Congressional ironman legendary Xcom 2 stream with a character pool made of other politicians.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

NBC News is officially the White Moderate to Fox News' White Citizen's Council

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

RZA Encryption posted:

If they made less, supporting staff could make more. Tickets and merch could be cheaper.

Realistically it's not the millionaire athletes driving up the cost of tickets— it's the billionaire owners who try to pin it on the athletes.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

lol @ this clickbait labelling every trans person on the call (ie: everyone but hbomberguy and aoc) "unidentified caller" rather than bothering to find out their names

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"well I don't know Mr. President but it can't hurt to try. Just sign your name here and we'll get the boys at the JPL a-poppin on this."

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Ague Proof posted:

The shutdown is polling badly among the 12 year old imaginary child demographic.

Who lets their 12 year old watch Milo hold court about getting blowjobs from horny old men like its a good thing? Grooming children for pedophiles to own the libs.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

A lot of generational stuff is marketing bullshit, but there's a bit of truth to it, both the shared experiences thing and also the sheer arithmetic – that there was a dip in the birth rate in the late 60s and early 70s, which was both preceded and followed by peaks in the birth rate – is objective fact, and those numbers affect things.

The boomers have had outsized influence simply by outvoting everyone else until recently.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How is AOC not gonna just burn out sometime over the next 2 years let alone potential decades?

never underestimate the sheer willpower of a Latina woman

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Who lets their 12 year old watch Milo hold court about getting blowjobs from horny old men like its a good thing? Grooming children for pedophiles to own the libs.

Selah Williams is the name of a prominent MMA fighter :laffo:

It's not so much that she lies, it's how hilariously bad she is at it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Charlz Guybon posted:

Sports stars? Singers?

Uh sports stars across all leagues earn many thousands of times what their minor league counterparts earn while creating wealth for team owners who use that wealth to abuse labor in countless fields of work.

There is a real big systemic problem with what we pay for sports, what of that gets pos to which players and what the owners use their insane wealth for.

Ditto for the music industry.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1087880091474903040

:lol: when you realize that these 4 people can now interrogate Trump officials

This is very good, right? Since the House Oversight Committee is in charge of investigations, and these further left members of congress will (hopefully?) be more willing to go hard vs. corruption, criminality, etc.

Or do I misunderstand, and this is slamming all the progressives into the same box off in their own corner?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fart City posted:

In an alternate universe 2020 comes to a close with a tragedy when hundreds die when the shoddily-constructed windows at Trump Tower Mars unexpectedly blow out.

“I caught a brief glimpse of Coulter,” said one survivor, “and then she was lost among the stars.”

Send Arnold to Mars: "DONALD, GIVE DEEZ PEEPLE AIHHHRRR!!"
Donald: "I have air, the best air, no one knows air more than I do. Let me just open the window to Mars..."

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 23, 2019

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

This is very good, right? Since the House Oversight Committee is in charge of investigations, and these further left members of congress will (hopefully?) be more willing to go hard vs. corruption, criminality, etc.

Or do I misunderstand, and this is slamming all the progressives into the same box off in their own corner?

totally owning the new wave of progressives by giving them very good committees

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Selah Williams is the name of a prominent MMA fighter :laffo:

It's not so much that she lies, it's how hilariously bad she is at it.
On one hand, I'm sure glad an actual child isn't being told that the key to a good relationship is being molested as a preteen, on the other, what in the holy gently caress is wrong with these people!

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

morcant posted:

Oh, cool! I'm learning so much today. :D

Some African tribes pre-colonies accepted 5 genders with the 5th being androgynous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holysherm
Feb 14, 2016
Ask me about my undying love for Derek Jeter.

RZA Encryption posted:

As Dan Snyder purchases a $100M yacht while lobbying the DMV to pay for his new stadium, I'm pretty sure it isn't the salary capped players that is really putting any kind of strain on ticket and merch prices here and you are awfully optimistic if you think a guy like that rear end in a top hat would do anything but buy a 2nd new yacht with any windfall he'd get from lower labor costs.