Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

that poo poo was so awesome, they just very throughout documented their scam for no clear reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh my God I watched that docu last night and snapped the same clip to my friends. It was wild hearing him describe that and when he said he went home to shower I thought it was cuz he felt disgusted, instead it was because he was getting ready!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO is that the Hulu or Netflix one?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LMAO is that the Hulu or Netflix one?

Netflix one.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't both of the Fyre Festival docs just taking a different organizer's side on what happened and who's to blame?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't both of the Fyre Festival docs just taking a different organizer's side on what happened and who's to blame?

I haven't watched the Hulu one yet but yes kinda, it's more everyone making GBS threads on the same people but the different docos have different people doing it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

MizPiz posted:

The Netflix one is made by Jerry Media (FuckJerry on Instagram) who put the festival on. The Hulu one calls them out on it and is more ruthless and honest but the Netflix one has more style.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
piss

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tim Whatley posted:

The Netflix one is made by Jerry Media (FuckJerry on Instagram) who put the festival on. The Hulu one calls them out on it and is more ruthless and honest but the Netflix one has more style.

Wait, FuckJerry, the lovely meme people?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yup. Started a marketing firm and were hired to do all marketing for the fest. When poo poo went south they threw the head account manager under the bus and he quit. If there's anything so perfectly telling of the Fyre story its that stealing lovely memes for millions of people to like and tag their friends in can make you successful as part of this entire cycle.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lowtax made the front page of imgur as part of this dump:

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yep. And the guy they had handle the social media stuff for the festival got fed to the lions for it while the rest got off scot free.

It was a lot of schadenfreude, with the exception of all the Caribbean locals who got completely screwed over by yuppies. That part was just infuriating. The docs did do a good job of laying bare how hollow and alienating "influencer" poo poo is.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kheldarn posted:

lol

and how is this man gonna get paid? it's not like he has ebaum money

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Kheldarn posted:

How do we capitalize on this to encourage new users? :thunk:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://i.imgur.com/P8uiW6X.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

It's only 11pm

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Who What Now posted:

It's only 11pm

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It is Wednesday somewhere my dudes

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
In a way, it's always almost Wednesday.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It is not Monday. Anywhere.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It is not Monday. Anywhere.

The ancient foe has been vanquished.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

loving God drat it why don't they mix the other way

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Just checking, we all agree Sailor Pikachu is rad as hell, right

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

why is the scale from garf to homr, this is absurd DELETE THIS

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

loving God drat it why don't they mix the other way

Right? The fact one axis isn't "faces" and the other axis "heads" is pissing me right the gently caress off

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

extremely disappointed in this meme

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Any combination of Sonic and Pikachu is extremely cursed.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Homerfield is terrifying

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Bluemillion posted:

Any combination of Sonic and Pikachu is extremely cursed. original content do not steal

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Literally Kermit posted:

Kind of looks like the head of some sort of spider monster, so yes.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Literally Kermit posted:

i think pikachu face + anime hair has much untapped potential

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Lol this wasn't the first one on there either

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Der Kyhe posted:

Start with the basics: Don't talk to anyone unless absolutely necessary, possibly not even then, and always sit on the empty table or at least one chair away from everyone else. Do not maintain eye contact on other people. If it is not possible to sit alone, consider standing. Keep at least 2m to everyone else at all times, and learn to like metal or heavy music in general. Unless the national hockey team has won the championship, never show any emotion while outside your home. Or not even at home. Always binge drink Friday and Saturday, if your internal organs can handle that. Do it still even if they can't.

Advanced courses are learning the inner meaning of Sisu (not the candy) by drinking alone at home while watching the original Unknown soldier-movie, and learning the classical philosophy of Pertti 'Spede' Pasanen. Nimittäin.

Get an idea on how Savonian logic works.

By then you will fit right in!

EDIT: I also have to add that between Donald and Mickey its always Donald. When time comes and you are asked, the ones who pick Mickey will not be even bothered to be buried for a memorial because there is no need to remember those people.

And Rosa-Barksian canon plus works not in direct conflict with the said canon. Ducktales is a heresy. This cannot be stressed enough.

For training simulation on living in Finland, there is always My Summer Car Project.

Where do these fit into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.