Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to be the 2020 Democratic Nominee?
This poll is closed.
Joe "the liberal who fights busing" Biden 27 1.40%
Bernie "please don't die" Sanders 1017 52.69%
Cory "charter schools" Booker 12 0.62%
Kirsten "wall street" Gillibrand 24 1.24%
Kamala "truancy queen" Harris 59 3.06%
Julian "who?" Castro 7 0.36%
Tulsi "gay panic" Gabbard 25 1.30%
Michael "crimes crimes crimes" Avenatti 22 1.14%
Sherrod "discount bernie" Brown 21 1.09%
Amy "horrible boss" Klobuchar 12 0.62%
Tammy "stands for america" Duckworth 48 2.49%
Beto "whataburger" O'Rourke 32 1.66%
Elizabeth "instagram beer" Warren 284 14.72%
Tom "impeach please" Steyer 4 0.21%
Michael "soda is the devil" Bloomberg 9 0.47%
Joseph Stalin 287 14.87%
Howard "coffee republican" Schultz 10 0.52%
Jay "nobody cares about climate change :(" Inslee 13 0.67%
Pete "gently caress the homeless" Butt Man 17 0.88%
Total: 1930 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Predicting presidential election results based on national popularity polling is one of the biggest mistakes pollsters made in 2016.

theblackw0lf posted:

If there was a plan proposed that would guarantee everyone a free health care public plan with no-copays ore deductibles, that would include dental and visual, and would be about the most generous plan that exists in the world, but still allowed private insurance to exist, you really think that would have a hard time generating a huge base of support?

^^^^^^And yes it could also impose some restrictions on private insurance. That I think makes sense. I just don't think it should say private insurance would be totally eliminated.

Private insurance should be eliminated, though, and I don't think there's any value in tiptoeing around that fact. Yeah, it may poll worse now - and that's why we need to spend the next couple of years publicly building the case for killing them, not lying through our teeth about how we expect the mob healthcare plans to coexist peacefully with one they don't have their fingers in.

In particular, "letting it die off naturally on its own via market forces" is not the easy solution that's promised. It'll cause incredible amounts of chaos and disruption in the markets as private insurance flails to survive, plenty of people will be caught up in that through no fault of their own, and the dying private insurance companies will make sure to blame the public option as they demand bailouts and insist that the public option be weakened for the sake of fair competition. And they'll get plenty of agreement, because it'll be incredibly obvious to everyone that the private insurance industry has been set up to fail, they'll have made investing in lobbying and PR their primary strategy over however many years they continue to exist, and the entire basis of this whole strategy is that liberals are too chicken to come out and say "private insurance shouldn't even be in the market of necessary expenses".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If you kill the private insurance industry, be sure to hire all those actuaries and people, train them, and put them in the IRS since that's been weakened so hard. Go after big business and Oligarchs like the Koch's.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Main Paineframe posted:

Predicting presidential election results based on national popularity polling is one of the biggest mistakes pollsters made in 2016.

Private insurance should be eliminated, though, and I don't think there's any value in tiptoeing around that fact. Yeah, it may poll worse now - and that's why we need to spend the next couple of years publicly building the case for killing them, not lying through our teeth about how we expect the mob healthcare plans to coexist peacefully with one they don't have their fingers in.

In particular, "letting it die off naturally on its own via market forces" is not the easy solution that's promised. It'll cause incredible amounts of chaos and disruption in the markets as private insurance flails to survive, plenty of people will be caught up in that through no fault of their own, and the dying private insurance companies will make sure to blame the public option as they demand bailouts and insist that the public option be weakened for the sake of fair competition. And they'll get plenty of agreement, because it'll be incredibly obvious to everyone that the private insurance industry has been set up to fail, they'll have made investing in lobbying and PR their primary strategy over however many years they continue to exist, and the entire basis of this whole strategy is that liberals are too chicken to come out and say "private insurance shouldn't even be in the market of necessary expenses".

So your argument, which from what I can tell has a lot of merit, is that if we are going to be transitioning out of the private insurance market we need be intentional about it and a M4A plan should also help in the assistance of the transition, by alleviating the negative effects of that disruption.

That’s a really compelling argument. I’ll have to think about it some more.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

So your argument, which from what I can tell has a lot of merit, is that if we are going to be transitioning out of the private insurance market we need be intentional about it and a M4A plan should also help in the assistance of the transition, by alleviating the negative effects of that disruption.

Yeah I hadn't fully considered it but private insurance companies employ a ton of people and yeah there needs to be a deliberate plan to deal with those positions dying.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

theblackw0lf posted:

This is a bad answer
Edit: although actually listening to the interview I don’t think accurately reflects what she said.
Still have issues with it though/

https://twitter.com/podsaveamerica/status/1087856633026306049?s=21

That is a truly terrible answer. Yes we all know that the reason the GOP filibustered literally everything Obama wanted to do was just because they wanted to "debate more" lol. gently caress off.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

mcmagic posted:

That is a truly terrible answer. Yes we all know that the reason the GOP filibustered literally everything Obama wanted to do was just because they wanted to "debate more" lol. gently caress off.

Based on what I heard, I don’t think that’s what she’s saying though. I think she’s talking about the idea of the filibuster in general, rather than how it applies in our current situation.

Still though, it’s bad because unless you point out that Reps are completely unreasonable then it reinforces the idea that if Dems can’t get support it’s because of some flaw of the bill or how it’s been messaged.

I mean c’’mon even Obama started pointing out how loving nuts the GOP obstruction is.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
jon favstar will never prestige the jon class at this rate

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theblackw0lf posted:

Wouldn’t be so sure. It’s based on Modern Monetary Theory which is becoming more popular in political circles. AOC said she’s open to it, and even Howard Dean says there’s a lot of validity to the idea.

Really short version: Federal government creates money by fiat. If they need more money they just print it. Only real limit to how much they can spend is worry of inflation. But given that we might actually be in a deflationary cycle, and that there’s good reason to believe M4A wouldn’t actually increase inflation, then there’s no real economic need to raise taxes (which is used to curb inflation by taking money out of the economy).

If this is correct, then the only real reason is political, because it’s possible that for a federal program to be an entitlement and not subject to the annual appropriations process, it needs to be fully paid for. But I’m still not totally sure of that.

I don't really know what to say to this.

On the one hand, it seems odd to say that you can educate voters on MMT when your premise is that they're too irrational to comprehend the much easier to understand empirical proof that single-payer is superior.

On the other hand maybe that doesn't matter because I'm skeptical voters really care about the deficit, they never hold Republicans accountable for it after all. So you could just not address it or claim it will pay for itself or w/e Republicans say.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Where are you getting this poo poo

No you just give people a fig leaf of "if you like your plan you can keep it" to prevent freakouts

There's a reason Obama said that

They can't keep their plan, though. Introducing a worthwhile public option would immediately render most existing private plans uneconomical. So your current plan would have to significantly increase premiums, cut benefits, or (most likely) both. Rather than thinking "boy, the public option sure is cheaper", people will ask "gee, why did my private insurance get massively worse as soon as the government passed a big healthcare takeover bill?". And the insurance companies will happily blame M4A.

The thing is that a lot of people get caught up in this transition period as private insurance collapses! Better to rip the band-aid off on day 1 and smoothly transition everyone to M4A, rather than standing back and waiting for all the beep-boop rational actors to analyze the market forces as the industry collapses around them.

Fundamentally, the answer to people's worries isn't "if you like your plan, you can keep it", it's "we'll give you a plan that's better in literally every way".

theblackw0lf posted:

Yeah, exactly. The thing about market forces is they're messy, inefficient, and cause a lot of collateral damage - at least at the level of the average person who isn't following economic trends as their full-time job.

Simply setting up unfavorable market conditions and waiting for insurance companies to fail on their own is nice and easy and non-interventionist, but the industry won't fail smoothly. As it struggles to stay afloat, service and quality will degrade and prices will skyrocket, and the people who believed "if you like your plan you can keep it" will be the ones caught up in the industry's death throes. Instead of being smoothly transitioned over to M4A in a planned fashion as the private industry is put to rest, they'll be caught up in the chaos of their dying insurance company and suffer significant personal hardship which causes them to jump ship in an unpredictable fashion.

Eliminating private insurance from the competition on day one will make for a much smoother and more painless transition. Simply setting private insurance up to fail may have a lower upfront political cost, but the ones who will ultimately pay the price for that are the very consumers that move is meant to appeal to. Other than the financial and physical difficulties inflicted on people who believe the lie and stick with doomed private insurance, that could also very well have significant political implications down the road.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm just loving sick of Democrats acting like they're smart and clever while losing to Republicans over and over again. This isn't The West Wing, politics aren't three-dimensional chess, we aren't going to sneak our way to good outcomes around people's backs without having to fight or risk getting yelled at.

Just run on good polices, fight for good policies, defend good policies, tear your throat yelling good policies.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

theblackw0lf posted:

Based on what I heard, I don’t think that’s what she’s saying though. I think she’s talking about the idea of the filibuster in general, rather than how it applies in our current situation.

Still though, it’s bad because unless you point out that Reps are completely unreasonable then it reinforces the idea that if Dems can’t get support it’s because of some flaw of the bill or how it’s been messaged.

I mean c’’mon even Obama started pointing out how loving nuts the GOP obstruction is.

The filibuster in general is bad and shouldn’t exist.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

mcmagic posted:

The filibuster in general is bad and shouldn’t exist.

Yea at this point in time I agree

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
can we move the discussion of the best way to legislate M4A in a hypothetical future congress to another thread? it has basically nothing to do with the presidential election, since no candidates have a plan detailed enough anyway

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I'm just loving sick of Democrats acting like they're smart and clever while losing to Republicans over and over again. This isn't The West Wing, politics aren't three-dimensional chess, we aren't going to sneak our way to good outcomes around people's backs without having to fight or risk getting yelled at.

Just run on good polices, fight for good policies, defend good policies, tear your throat yelling good policies.

I think there's this odd psychology where it's assumed that the reason something like say single-payer hasn't happened yet, must be because it's complicated and not the actual reason (both parties work for the same oligarchs who don't want it to happen).

Giving people healthcare can't be as simple as "give people healthcare" because then it would have happened in 2008 when Democrats had a supermajority and could pass anything they wanted without obstruction or even worrying about industry motivating public opinion against it because by the time an election came around it would be too late to undo it. So it can't be that Democrats didn't want to do it, it must be an intractable problem that is unsolvable without some intricate Rube Goldberg solution that will pull the wool over everyone's eyes and so insurance companies, big pharma, and the American people will just one day wake up with single-payer and not even notice.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
All this filibuster talk is a moot point if the Dems can't even get to 50 in the Senate. And looking at the 2020 map, that's going to be a pretty big challenge for them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

VitalSigns posted:

I think there's this odd psychology where it's assumed that the reason something like say single-payer hasn't happened yet, must be because it's complicated and not the actual reason (both parties work for the same oligarchs who don't want it to happen).

Giving people healthcare can't be as simple as "give people healthcare" because then it would have happened in 2008 when Democrats had a supermajority and could pass anything they wanted without obstruction or even worrying about industry motivating public opinion against it because by the time an election came around it would be too late to undo it. So it can't be that Democrats didn't want to do it, it must be an intractable problem that is unsolvable without some intricate Rube Goldberg solution that will pull the wool over everyone's eyes and so insurance companies, big pharma, and the American people will just one day wake up with single-payer and not even notice.

You can't just build libraries.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

All this filibuster talk is a moot point if the Dems can't even get to 50 in the Senate. And looking at the 2020 map, that's going to be a pretty big challenge for them.

The general opinion is 'could go either way'. Republicans have a permanent structural advantage in the senate but they also have a lot more seats to defend, including quite a few at-risk ones.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cease to Hope posted:

can we move the discussion of the best way to legislate M4A in a hypothetical future congress to another thread? it has basically nothing to do with the presidential election, since no candidates have a plan detailed enough anyway

In what ways is S.1804 not detailed enough to discuss?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

Yeah, exactly. The thing about market forces is they're messy, inefficient, and cause a lot of collateral damage - at least at the level of the average person who isn't following economic trends as their full-time job.

Simply setting up unfavorable market conditions and waiting for insurance companies to fail on their own is nice and easy and non-interventionist, but the industry won't fail smoothly. As it struggles to stay afloat, service and quality will degrade and prices will skyrocket, and the people who believed "if you like your plan you can keep it" will be the ones caught up in the industry's death throes. Instead of being smoothly transitioned over to M4A in a planned fashion as the private industry is put to rest, they'll be caught up in the chaos of their dying insurance company and suffer significant personal hardship which causes them to jump ship in an unpredictable fashion.

Eliminating private insurance from the competition on day one will make for a much smoother and more painless transition. Simply setting private insurance up to fail may have a lower upfront political cost, but the ones who will ultimately pay the price for that are the very consumers that move is meant to appeal to. Other than the financial and physical difficulties inflicted on people who believe the lie and stick with doomed private insurance, that could also very well have significant political implications down the road.

So far the only answer to this has been "gently caress 'em, by the time this happens the law is in place and it's too late", which is an answer I guess, it's what Obama did after all. Of course, that was horrible politically and he ended up trying to pivot to the argument he could have made from the beginning "your plan sucked anyways and you're better off now" which was...a lot less convincing after lying about it for 5 years.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Cease to Hope posted:

bernie does and he's almost certainly running

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

In what ways is S.1804 not detailed enough to discuss?

fine-tuning s.1804 isn't really relevant to the presidential primaries until a candidate brings up the subject of improving it or rejecting it but only because of such-and-such detail somewhere. it's fine and good to have an opinion on the role of private insurance under nationalized healthcare, but how does that opinion relate to the presidential primary?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I don't want to sound like I'm pimping :decorum: but I think "I don't know," is not a bad answer to "will you kill the filibuster." Because I think if you asked that same question even a few months ago it would have been an out-of-hand rejection. Saying "I don't know," telegraphs that you know it might be necessary without giving much if any fodder to right wing alarmists who probably have 50 articles pre-written for this and court-packing related stuff. How many people voted for Trump solely to "save," Scalia's seat? Polls indicated it was not a small number.

I know the reaction is to assume that it's actually cover in the OTHER direction to make leftists think she might when she has no intention, but this early in the game it's not something that needs to be pressed too hard. I don't even think Bernie would answer a flat yes to that question, at least not at this stage.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Cease to Hope posted:

fine-tuning s.1804 isn't really relevant to the presidential primaries until a candidate brings up the subject of improving it or rejecting it but only because of such-and-such detail somewhere. it's fine and good to have an opinion on the role of private insurance under nationalized healthcare, but how does that opinion relate to the presidential primary?

There is Sander's history of writing health care bills that end up being an absolute nightmare when enacted into law and privatize major parts of care in the pursuit of "choice". https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/2450

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Sanguinia posted:

I don't want to sound like I'm pimping :decorum: but I think "I don't know," is not a bad answer to "will you kill the filibuster." Because I think if you asked that same question even a few months ago it would have been an out-of-hand rejection. Saying "I don't know," telegraphs that you know it might be necessary without giving much if any fodder to right wing alarmists who probably have 50 articles pre-written for this and court-packing related stuff. How many people voted for Trump solely to "save," Scalia's seat? Polls indicated it was not a small number.

I know the reaction is to assume that it's actually cover in the OTHER direction to make leftists think she might when she has no intention, but this early in the game it's not something that needs to be pressed too hard. I don't even think Bernie would answer a flat yes to that question, at least not at this stage.
The problem with this sort of triangulating cowardice is this: suppose you win the general election giving that bullshit answer to the question all throughout the general. Once you win, what mandate do you have to put pressure on Democratic Senators to end the filibuster? You have none. The question of "should we abolish the filibuster" has not been answered by the electorate. And you can recurse this back, actually: if you don't make it an issue in the primary what mandate has the Democratic base given you to make it an issue in the general? And so on.

And politics in a democracy is all about mandates i.e. getting a clear unequivocal sense of what the people want, and then executing on that. This is why Democrats, ironically, are loving terrible at democracy and the Republicans frequently run circles around them especially in engagement of their base: the Republicans know what Republicans want (more racism) and they deliver.

This is a general problem with triangulation and other forms of not-saying-what-you-stand-for (and its cousin, not-standing-for-anything). But, this one is especially egregious, because in this case the mandate is all the President would have. Other than harsh language there's nothing a President can do to end the filibuster.

Candidates need to just loving say what they stand for from the start in clear and expressive language, and let the people decide. This isn't poker.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM

Gripweed posted:

This is a really bad strategy if you want those cushy private lobbying jobs after leaving congress.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

It's a bad answer because it isn't one

those right-wing alarmists will say she's secretly planning to destroy democracy anyway, just say yes or no and move on from there

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

mcmagic posted:

Yup. I don't get the Gillibrand boosters. She's just an opportunist, not a fighter.

Sanguinia posted:

It's the second half of the response that's the problem, not the first. We don't need more :decorum:. No amount of advocacy will convince a bad faith actor to become a good faith actor.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
The question of ending the filibuster doesn't really seem like a matter of principle but a matter of tactics, and the correct tactical answer really depends on the seat count.

As of today there is no reason to prioritize ending the filibuster.

DynamicSloth fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 23, 2019

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
What do you guys think about Buttigieg?
https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1088016937718874112?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Luckyellow posted:

What do you guys think about Buttigieg?

He doesn’t have a big enough platform to get meaningful numbers in a presidential primary irrespective of his stances imo. He’s aiming for higher office/the Cabinet/status boosting here.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Run for Senate you idiot.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

Run for Senate you idiot.

He probably will at some point. But in the meantime, might as well get his name out there, raise his profile a bit.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The filibuster is good when my team needs it and bad wheb the other team needs it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The filibuster is good when my team needs it and bad wheb the other team needs it

No. It's universally bad.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Federalist Papers posted:

To give a minority a negative upon the majority (which is always the case where more than a majority is requisite to a decision), is, in its tendency, to subject the sense of the greater number to that of the lesser. Congress, from the nonattendance of a few States, have been frequently in the situation of a Polish diet, where a single VOTE has been sufficient to put a stop to all their movements. A sixtieth part of the Union, which is about the proportion of Delaware and Rhode Island, has several times been able to oppose an entire bar to its operations. This is one of those refinements which, in practice, has an effect the reverse of what is expected from it in theory. The necessity of unanimity in public bodies, or of something approaching towards it, has been founded upon a supposition that it would contribute to security. But its real operation is to embarrass the administration, to destroy the energy of the government, and to substitute the pleasure, caprice, or artifices of an insignificant, turbulent, or corrupt junto, to the regular deliberations and decisions of a respectable majority. In those emergencies of a nation, in which the goodness or badness, the weakness or strength of its government, is of the greatest importance, there is commonly a necessity for action. The public business must, in some way or other, go forward. If a pertinacious minority can control the opinion of a majority, respecting the best mode of conducting it, the majority, in order that something may be done, must conform to the views of the minority; and thus the sense of the smaller number will overrule that of the greater, and give a tone to the national proceedings. Hence, tedious delays; continual negotiation and intrigue; contemptible compromises of the public good. And yet, in such a system, it is even happy when such compromises can take place: for upon some occasions things will not admit of accommodation; and then the measures of government must be injuriously suspended, or fatally defeated. It is often, by the impracticability of obtaining the concurrence of the necessary number of votes, kept in a state of inaction. Its situation must always savor of weakness, sometimes border upon anarchy.

It is not difficult to discover, that a principle of this kind gives greater scope to foreign corruption, as well as to domestic faction, than that which permits the sense of the majority to decide; though the contrary of this has been presumed. The mistake has proceeded from not attending with due care to the mischiefs that may be occasioned by obstructing the progress of government at certain critical seasons. When the concurrence of a large number is required by the Constitution to the doing of any national act, we are apt to rest satisfied that all is safe, because nothing improper will be likely TO BE DONE, but we forget how much good may be prevented, and how much ill may be produced, by the power of hindering the doing what may be necessary, and of keeping affairs in the same unfavorable posture in which they may happen to stand at particular periods.

But on the other hand a bunch of empty land and a few large landowners will be sad if poor people get healthcare

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/1088095475553763328

https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/1088103513983500288

https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/1088105229369987072

Yay, we get to do the "paid speeches" scandal all over again

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

DynamicSloth posted:

The question of ending the filibuster doesn't really seem like a matter of principle but a matter of tactics, and the correct tactical answer really depends on the seat count.
It's both. Requiring a supermajority to pass anything is undemocratic.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Yay, we get to do the "paid speeches" scandal all over again

Cashing in on your office is a bad look.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Paid speeches to colleges are whatever, paid speeches to multinational banks and in support of Republican politicians is hilariously terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also helping elect Republicans is bad. I know a chud, that doesn’t mean I’m going to help his rear end get into Congress just cos.