Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Episode 90 was very good, I think.

Sekiei trying to fist bump Mitsuki before dying and crumbling a moment too soon to be able to was pretty drat sad. And while the puppet girl was an awful person her death scene still made me feel pity for her, that was a rough way to go out.

RottenK fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DualShockers/status/1087387378153488385

:confuoot:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i misread this news item like five different times and thought they were adding Kagura, not moonlady who i have no attachment to :sigh:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

RottenK posted:

Episode 90 was very good, I think.

Sekiei trying to fish bump Mitsuki before dying and crumbling a moment too soon to be able to was pretty drat sad. And while the puppet girl was an awful person her death scene still made me feel pity for her, that was a rough way to go out.

Agreed. Having spent so much time with these characters naturally makes you more sympathetic to them, even though Kirara didn't deserve it at all. Interesting that Sekiei was the only one of the artificial humans whose name didn't start with the letter K. I guess Ku will bite it in the next episode, and then the arc gets wrapped up? I wonder what happens to Mitsuki once he returns to Konoha. He and Sarada and Boruto are technically missing-nin after all.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Community service? Becoming the Hokage's personal assistant? Get their own nations? Get a bug dad? Those are the usual punishments for that in Konoha.

Actually pretty hyped for this! I love the little poo poo, and am strangely attached to Kaguya for some reason. She's got a neat design, and I actually liked her two parter episodes.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Torrannor posted:

Agreed. Having spent so much time with these characters naturally makes you more sympathetic to them, even though Kirara didn't deserve it at all. Interesting that Sekiei was the only one of the artificial humans whose name didn't start with the letter K. I guess Ku will bite it in the next episode, and then the arc gets wrapped up? I wonder what happens to Mitsuki once he returns to Konoha. He and Sarada and Boruto are technically missing-nin after all.

I don't think that Kirara was sympathetic, but she was so completely pitiful in her last moments that I couldn't help but feel kinda bad while she was crying and screaming for her life.

I hope the fight with Ku will be cool.

RottenK fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 22, 2019

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I'm glad the snake boy is not in the game, I don't have to buy it now.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

RottenK posted:

I don't think that Kirara was sympathetic, but she was so completely pitiful in her last moments that I couldn't help but feel kinda bad while she was crying and screaming for her life.

I hope the fight with Ku will be cool.

Ku went to instant "beyond redemption" status when he killed the doctor for his heart. Poor guy was honestly trying to help Ku and just do his job. :smith:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Umbreon posted:

Poor guy was honestly trying to help Ku and just do his job. :smith:

Poor guy, who was wholly on board with relieving some ninjas of their still beating hearts and implant them in Ku and co.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Torrannor posted:

Poor guy, who was wholly on board with relieving some ninjas of their still beating hearts and implant them in Ku and co.

I DID say he was just trying to do his job!

(I'm pretty sure the doctor drank WAY too much of the "sacrifice for the greater good" kool-aid, considering the entire reason he was there in the first place)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Gaara actually looks pretty cool

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoLA/status/1087737545654497281

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Umbreon posted:

Ku went to instant "beyond redemption" status when he killed the doctor for his heart. Poor guy was honestly trying to help Ku and just do his job. :smith:

the doctor deserved it though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

honestly was hoping sekiei would make it long enough for them to use ku's heart to stabilize him... or they could've just had ku not get the heart at all

but i guess we needed this final battle with a largely irrelevant villain for ohnoki to confront him? after the sekiei and kokuyo fights i just don't really care anymore, there is probably not going to be anything that matches them emotionally. best case we get some animation highlights like the kako fight

e: if we hadn't spent a ton of time with ohnoki already then I'd be more into this as a way for him to deal with his past but they've kinda plumbed it already.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 22, 2019

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Pretty sure this is meant to be Ohnoki's dying moment of redemption here, one last chance to set right this mistake. They've been leaning into his old age and ill health for the whole arc after all.

Hell his only mistake was assuming that artificial people would be soulless automatons instead of possessing wills and souls and drives to survive at all cost - y'know, actual people. But roads to hell and good intentions and all that jazz.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

rndmnmbr posted:

Pretty sure this is meant to be Ohnoki's dying moment of redemption here, one last chance to set right this mistake. They've been leaning into his old age and ill health for the whole arc after all.

Hell his only mistake was assuming that artificial people would be soulless automatons instead of possessing wills and souls and drives to survive at all cost - y'know, actual people. But roads to hell and good intentions and all that jazz.

Well, and deciding to listen to Ninja Mengele.

no no, not snake ninja mengele, the one with the monocle

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Kerning Chameleon posted:

no no, not snake ninja mengele, the one with the monocle

If he'd had a discussion with snake ninja mengele, his plan might have even worked.

(hell I love that we have to clarify our evil doctors and mad scientists. The more the merrier.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly the Scientist working with Ohnoki was not that bad, he had no ulterior motives and honestly believed in Ohnoki's ideals. I don't even think he knew that Ku had imprisoned Ohnoki and that he was doing the heart work without his blessing.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I think he was the one manipulating Onoki, mostly, and he seemed to know that he was taking advantage but he's nowhere near as bad as Orochimaru who everyone kind of is turning a blind eye to. Though they both seem to have similar motives (science!)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

MonsterEnvy posted:

Honestly the Scientist working with Ohnoki was not that bad, he had no ulterior motives and honestly believed in Ohnoki's ideals. I don't even think he knew that Ku had imprisoned Ohnoki and that he was doing the heart work without his blessing.

I understand "not that bad" is relative, and people like Orochimaru or Madara are in a different league. But the scientist came up with the solution to the deteriorating condition the artificials suffered from: Murder people to implant their heart into Ku and co. That's very much "bad".

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Torrannor posted:

I understand "not that bad" is relative, and people like Orochimaru or Madara are in a different league. But the scientist came up with the solution to the deteriorating condition the artificials suffered from: Murder people to implant their heart into Ku and co. That's very much "bad".
Well yeah, but that was the only way he could see from researching Mitsuki of how to increase their lifespans. And he still did not go through with it until ordered to by Ku. I would paint him as amoral, like how Ohnoki was, viewing it as a sacrifice for the greater good. Ohnoki himself only put his foot down with stealing the hearts of the Stone Villagers. He viewed the deaths of the Leaf Villagers they had killed as a necessary evil, and I would view him as the same as Ohnoki without the attachment to the stone villagers.

my parents boyfriend posted:

I think he was the one manipulating Onoki, mostly, and he seemed to know that he was taking advantage but he's nowhere near as bad as Orochimaru who everyone kind of is turning a blind eye to. Though they both seem to have similar motives (science!)

If he was, I don't he would have been murdered by Ku while trying to help him.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Orochimaru is a monster to his core, but being a good dad mom parent redeems him at least a little. Besides, he's been more on the side of good not completely evil ever since Sasuke rezzed him back in Shippuden.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
orochimaru made mitsuki so all his crimes are now forgiven, IMO

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, I was right.

Goodbye, Ohnoki. May your will be strong and your back be sound in the pure land.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

rndmnmbr posted:

Yeah, I was right.

Goodbye, Ohnoki. May your will be strong and your back be sound in the pure land.

Is that actually spoilers? I haven't watched the episode yet

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This arc is pretty good. The end is not really surprising of course, but I think it did a good job fleshing out Mitsukis's character and strengthening the bonds between the members of Team 7. It also helped Konohamaru getting over his (understandable) issue with Mitsuki being the child of the murderer of Konohamaru's grandfather. Next episode might close out the arc?

It's quite a bit of fun to watch the anime. I'm not even surprised anymore when Sarada is once again a fully functioning, levelheaded and clever human being, despite being an Uchiha. Even Boruto acknowledged that he didn't treat Mitsuki as well as he should have. And Konohamaru had faith in Mitsuki and Team 7 to resolve the situation. If you think back how screwed up the original Team 7 was... a bad love triangle, Uchiha derangement syndrome, the demon fox sealed inside Naruto, Kakashi having issues with his father's suicide, Obito's and Rin's death, etc. Team Konohamaru is a bastion of sanity and cooperation in contrast.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

on the other side of the arc it's easy to forget all the chaff and stalling that didn't do much in this but yeah the broader emotional and character strokes are pretty good, aside from how tediously they handled Ohnoki. wish he had jumped into the Ku fight sooner, since the fakeout loss was expected. the fight with Kakou is still probably the animation highlight for me, but they definitely didn't slouch with Ku, and Sarada turned in some S-tier screams.

excited to see what they do next, after the cool down ep for this arc next week. give us an arc where Sumire is relevant imo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Next arc spoilers

The arc after this is going to be a animated version of one of the Naruto novels. It's like a flashback to a bunch of moments between fathers and daughters. Naruto and Himawari, Chouji and Chocho, Hinata Hanabi and Hiashi, and Sasuke and Sarada.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dexo posted:

Next arc spoilers

The arc after this is going to be a animated version of one of the Naruto novels. It's like a flashback to a bunch of moments between fathers and daughters. Naruto and Himawari, Chouji and Chocho, Hinata Hanabi and Hiashi, and Sasuke and Sarada.

I'm not happy that Hinata, among others, is so criminally underused so far. This sounds pretty cool then.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Manga side is getting interesting with the ninja tech people. And Naruto having injury fake outs.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Jiro posted:

Manga side is getting interesting with the ninja tech people. And Naruto having injury fake outs.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Hamelekim posted:

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it.

:yeah:

I thought it was strange at how easy Delta took him out, so I was happy seeing him use strategy again. I hope he takes her out in the next chapter.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Just saw an article touting the idea that Boruto is wasting the storytelling potential of the franchise's best character: Sasuke.

How is he even in that conversation? Even excluding Boruto characters, I don't think he'd break the Top 20 characters with wasted potential.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

HitTheTargets posted:

Just saw an article touting the idea that Boruto is wasting the storytelling potential of the franchise's best character: Sasuke.

How is he even in that conversation? Even excluding Boruto characters, I don't think he'd break the Top 20 characters with wasted potential.

Hinata, Sakura, and Ino are obviously fulfilling their potential by being stay at home moms. :biotruths:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's true, sasuke's potential was never fulfilled. he could have been punched in the dick so much more over the years. ah, what a terrible waste.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Torrannor posted:

Hinata, Sakura, and Ino are obviously fulfilling their potential by being stay at home moms. :biotruths:

tbf to Ino, she still goes on missions.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Nothing happened this episode, and I enjoyed it a lot. :iiam:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dexo posted:

tbf to Ino, she still goes on missions.

I believe Sakura still works at the hospital as well. Hinata's the only one that really just seems to be a stay at home mom now (possibly Temari as well).

Also in regards to next week's episode: it seems the writers finally remembered that Kiba and Tenten exist.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 3, 2019

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I'm glad that Bort grew closer with his future husband.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

I believe Sakura still works at the hospital as well. Hinata's the only one that really just seems to be a stay at home mom now (possibly Temari as well).

Also in regards to next week's episode: it seems the writers finally remembered that Kiba and Tenten exist.

Temari is an active Ninja who seems to do a lot of field work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Temari is an active Ninja who seems to do a lot of field work.

Alright, so it's just Hinata then (that we've seen so far anyway).