Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I keep doing missions where it'll be like "first half, ground assault" so I'll take an A-10 with A2G missiles, then the second half is all dogfighting so I'm trying to take out SU-30s and poo poo in an A-10. It's dumb and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i havent tried the vr yet because im enjoying the normal game too much

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I have only played about an hour or so, but, resident evil 2 is good

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

bought a switch last night on a whim. it's p cool.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

colachute posted:

bought a switch last night on a whim. it's p cool.

It is, what games did you get?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Goons Are Great posted:

It is, what games did you get?

Mario Odyssey, Zelda, and Dark Souls Remastered. Been playing Mario Odyssey. Some of the goofiest fun poo poo I've done in a game.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I bought a Switch on Friday. It's great, picked up Mario Odyssey, Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu, and Smash Bros. I'm really enjoying all three, but can't decide which to keep playing. Also, those three games took up almost all of the internal memory so I went to the Best Buy for an SD card. Best they had was 64 gigs for $50, and I checked Amazon and they had a 128 gig for $25 shipped. So, that'll be here Wednesday.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

colachute posted:

Mario Odyssey, Zelda, and Dark Souls Remastered. Been playing Mario Odyssey. Some of the goofiest fun poo poo I've done in a game.

What'd that run you total, like 400$? Keep pushing the impulse back off myself.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

SquirrelyPSU posted:

What'd that run you total, like 400$? Keep pushing the impulse back off myself.

Like $475 total. Had I only got one game it would've been about $375ish.

This screencap is SMO in a nutshell.

colachute fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 27, 2019

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Bad Poster posted:

I bought a Switch on Friday. It's great, picked up Mario Odyssey, Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu, and Smash Bros. I'm really enjoying all three, but can't decide which to keep playing. Also, those three games took up almost all of the internal memory so I went to the Best Buy for an SD card. Best they had was 64 gigs for $50, and I checked Amazon and they had a 128 gig for $25 shipped. So, that'll be here Wednesday.

Best buy deserves to die. If you can wait for something, Amazon is better, if you need it today, pray there's a Fry's near you.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

colachute posted:

Costco has a Smash Brothers bundle for 360 and I can get SMO on Amazon. Might do this today. I need a stupid pick me up. What's the headphones situation like?

e: Oh I forgot I've got an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket too.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 27, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Best buy deserves to die. If you can wait for something, Amazon is better, if you need it today, pray there's a Fry's near you.

No Fry's around her sadly. One of the dudes at best buy was like "oh we price match" and I was like "cool" but we got a to the register and he checked the Amazon listing and was like "oh, yeah, see, so we only price match if it's being sold by Amazon themselves, not just fulfilled by them" which is dumb as hell.

Edit:^^^ no wireless headphones, but it has a headphone jack. Online chat is a été clusterfuck that I don't plan to touch because it has to go through a phone app.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I picked up a pro controller yesterday but haven't tried it yet.

Be ready to drop $70(pro controller)-$100(official joycons + grip) more for a second controller if you want to play with a friend.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

A Bad Poster posted:

No Fry's around her sadly. One of the dudes at best buy was like "oh we price match" and I was like "cool" but we got a to the register and he checked the Amazon listing and was like "oh, yeah, see, so we only price match if it's being sold by Amazon themselves, not just fulfilled by them" which is dumb as hell.

Edit:^^^ no wireless headphones, but it has a headphone jack. Online chat is a été clusterfuck that I don't plan to touch because it has to go through a phone app.

I've obviously googled this while talking, but the headphone situation remains murky. Can I use headphones while playing docked?

(greatest feature of the next gen consoles btw, hooking the headphones through the wireless controller)

Cyks posted:

Be ready to drop $70(pro controller)-$100(official joycons + grip) more for a second controller if you want to play with a friend.

Well I've got a few more Amazon fun bucks to cash in so that's okay.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Why is Carmen Sandiego in a Mario game?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

EBB posted:

Probably because Carmen Sandiego owned, gumshoe.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EBB posted:

That is Paulina you loving rube, you loving fake rear end gaymer fucboi.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Cyks posted:

Costco offer fyi:

https://imgur.com/a/AqxnyTs

e: Looks like I have to get an adapter or an extension cord one way or the other, not a big deal. Just would like to know most efficient mechanism.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 27, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is Ace Combat 5 worth playing?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Resident Evil 2 remake is extremely good.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

That is Paulina you loving rube, you loving fake rear end gaymer fucboi.

Yeah well at least my job pays me

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

colachute posted:

So SMO is worth checking out?

I got a Switch for Christmas and I’ve been really happy with the games for it. Rabbits, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Into the Breach, Super Mario Bros.

I bought a 256GB SD card which is most definitely overkill, but I’ve been downloading games rather than buying cartridges for convenience.

I’d not ever considered buying one, but got it as a gift and it’s a really great system.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Costco offer fyi:

https://imgur.com/a/AqxnyTs

e: Looks like I have to get an adapter or an extension cord one way or the other, not a big deal. Just would like to know most efficient mechanism.

Just tested it and yes. The 3.5mm jack will take over if they are plugged in while docked.

However the jack is on the console itself and not the controller or the pro. You will need a cable long enough to go from the docking station to you.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 27, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SMO is incredible

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Dude McAwesome posted:

So SMO is worth checking out?

I got a Switch for Christmas and I’ve been really happy with the games for it. Rabbits, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Into the Breach, Super Mario Bros.

I bought a 256GB SD card which is most definitely overkill, but I’ve been downloading games rather than buying cartridges for convenience.

I’d not ever considered buying one, but got it as a gift and it’s a really great system.

If you don't enjoy SMO then you have no soul.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I wouldn't say my opinion is in any way biased at all and it's actually very objective and not exaggerated in any way, but Super Mario Odyssey is one of the greatest masterpieces in video game history ever, lines up directly with titles like the orignal Super Mario Bros. in terms of quality and sets a new standard on how platformers should be.

So stop what you're doing and get it right now, this is history.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

McNally posted:

If you don't enjoy SMO then you have no soul.

This.

EBB a basic b*tch not recognizing Pauline like that.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Cyks posted:

Just tested it and yes. The 3.5mm jack will take over if they are plugged in while docked.

However the jack is on the console itself and not the controller or the pro. You will need a cable long enough to go from the docking station to you.

Appreciate this.

e: Done! Look forward to talking about Luigi related bullshit in a couple of days.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 27, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

SMO is great and, while I don’t think a single game is worth the price of a console*, this one isn’t pretty close.

*TLOU2 is worth it and I will be preordering it** and buying a PS4 again with TLOU when the release date for TLOU2 is formally announced.

**unless they do some dumb poo poo and put micro transactions in the game. Even cosmetic ones. If that happens I’ll wait for it to go on sale because gently caress micro transactions.

colachute fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 27, 2019

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I don't think Naughty Dog's ever done any sort of micro bs

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I don't think Naughty Dog's ever done any sort of micro bs

I’m pretty sure you’re right but big publishers have gotten so greedy that i don’t think any of them are immune to stupid stuff.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

welp, looks like I’m getting SMO

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Playing SMO was like playing Mario 64 for the first time again, which is nuts for an adult

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Fallom posted:

Playing SMO was like playing Mario 64 for the first time again, which is nuts for an adult

Exactly this.

Last week I was approx 20 hours in total inside a train and during that time I either was on SA or in SMO.
Last time I had this kind of gaming situation was when I discovered that there are NSFW mods for The Sims as a teenager.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is Ace Combat 5 worth playing?

oh yeah

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There are no RE3 fans.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fallom posted:

There are no RE3 fans.

*ahem*

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

of the REs that are worth a poo poo, RE3 is definitely the weakest but getting stalked by nemesis scared the poo poo out of me as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nemesis owned hard and i loved playing it

honestly all i want is a new code veronica but id gladly play through a remade 3