Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Thanks for reading!

This is awesome! Second getting the Grey Shield in there.

I'm aiming on doing a silly Ultramarines Brigade with Roboute, and having his second in command be a Primaris Lt wit Grey Shield so my 4 units of Intercessors (all flavours) can benefit from one of the other tactics. Raven Guard or Imp Fists (especially if your boy was using Haulers for cover) likely will be the one chosen. And them using Imp Fists is fluffy as hell.

Edit: dammit top of page. Have some WIPs -

Whoever it was said watercolour pencils for edge highlighting was a genius -

Chipping fluid is so fun it should be illegal -

Harkano fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jan 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Anyone got any nice examples of non-Black Deathwatch schemes?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Shockeh posted:

Anyone got any nice examples of non-Black Deathwatch schemes?

I’m particular to “Just paint them up as regular members of their respective chapters, plus the silver arms and shoulders,” but that’s less about good unit coherency and more about getting to play around as a painter with a bunch of one-off color schemes while still ending up with something you can call an army.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MinistryofLard posted:

Games Workshop is punishing me for my illegal conversions. My attempt at a cool little "huh that's not right"-then-it-hits-you Tzeentch mutation looks a bit too obvious when I look at it again.

Someone's going after Hixon's HAND CHAMP title I see

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Crossposting from the painting thread. I followed advice I got here and picked up two boxes of immortals/deathmarks and a start collecting box of necrons.

Alternative pants posted:

I may never actually put my new necrons on the table, but painting this overlord has been so satisfying.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Alternative pants posted:

Crossposting from the painting thread. I followed advice I got here and picked up two boxes of immortals/deathmarks and a start collecting box of necrons.

When u sharded but she still c’tannin...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So Mortian is spinning up production again.

Here are two pics next to a Leman Russ (Mars). Would these be not-Macharius or not-Malcador tanks?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Yesterday's Rumour Engine:

And a preview of the GSC KT starter set: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/23/23rd-jan-kill-team-starns-disciplesgw-homepage-post-1/

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I don’t know what I was expecting for those pistols, but I’ll take it. Three S4 AP-1 D2 shots at 2+ is a nice Primaris mulcher (not that most armies need help in that regard).

I’m interested to see if Kelermorphs have any unit synergy or are just awesome models with decent rules for themselves. I’m assuming they’re in the Elite slot.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm pretty sure I have no interest in GSC as a full army but aw poo poo I kinda want that KT set.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That bandito stealer is the best kind of silly.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/23/23rd-jan-coming-soon-black-library-celebration-2019gw-homepage-post-3/

I want this one badly but its most likely going to be just an one time exclusive thing to GW stores. Of which the nearest one to me is either 200 or 500km away from where I live. :cry:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/23/23rd-jan-coming-soon-black-library-celebration-2019gw-homepage-post-3/

I want this one badly but its most likely going to be just an one time exclusive thing to GW stores. Of which the nearest one to me is either 200 or 500km away from where I live. :cry:

Hard :same:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Tau have way too many goddamn options for KT, jeez.

Are there like...Tau upgrade kits or anything? I found basically a stack of gun drones at various stages of painted and a bunch of fire warriors and stealth suits in my old 40k box, but I'd really like to change a few things out (the drones especially) as different types.

Also I really want a Sigmarine or two to paint up as statues for terrain. I hate the way they look as units but love the way they look as statues.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Hey thailor...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
I saw a few people ask about checkers recently, thought I'd share how I approach it.

First I want to break the larger field in half vertically using thinned black paint. Get this line as straight and centered as possible, but it will be fine tuned later in the process.
(Doing a larger field I'd start with vertical and horizontal lines crossing in center of area.)
Second I broke the area into squares with horizontal lines. These were done on both sides starting at the top so they would be approximately even.
Third is bringing a bit of paint around the edge of sword so that I can see where to line up with other side.
Fourth in this set is connecting the dots across back after both sides are done to step three.

The next steps are filling the squares still using somewhat thinned paint. I started with the spine and worked out to both sides. Here you can start to sharpen up areas that look wobbly or off. I spent some time here fine tuning the corners of the squares, the sharper they are the more even everything will look. From here it's getting things as clean as you want them.
I've seen some of the studio paint jobs doing a slight highlight along the top and one side of squares.

Here is the finished sword on my Excoriator intercessor Sgt.

Here is a better pic of final sword:
https://instagram.com/p/BqsNKLlHttC/

Skails fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 23, 2019

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Schadenboner posted:

Hey thailor...

It's a lady.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Skails posted:

Here is the finished sword on my Excoriator intercessor Sgt.

Jesus Christ this owns a lot.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Thanks for the tips, Skails! And the battle damage on that guy is incredible - the kneepad especially really pops and looks cool.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cooked Auto posted:

Well the last celebratory mini they did for Black Library was Eisenhorn and he was freely available on the store, maybe there’s hope.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

I'm sure that somewhere, some salty old ham is furiously typing "NO BOOB PLATE? SJWs RUINING MAH GAME!" over this announcement.

I really want my daily dose of nerd salt but am not willing to delve into the particular forums where it can be found.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That’s not a twink?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Plz no kinkshame.

:(

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Schadenboner posted:

Plz no kinkshame.

:(

Did you miss your meds this morning or something

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well the last celebratory mini they did for Black Library was Eisenhorn and he was freely available on the store, maybe there’s hope.

GW confirmed on FB that this is the case for this model too.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Cooked Auto posted:

I JUST finished up two commisars last night. I dont need a fourth.

She could be a sick company commander or something tho.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Good

Schadenboner posted:

Hey thailor...
Bad

Skails posted:

I saw a few people ask about checkers recently, thought I'd share how I approach it...
:words:
Good

LingcodKilla posted:

That’s not a twink?
Bad

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Good

Emotional rollercoaster today.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

It looks like a weedy teen boy attempting a pose as a badass. Whatever, there’s no time on the battlefield to do your hair and put on makeup.

And there’s nothing wrong with that.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Phew.
Just gotta have to hope the price tag is decent then.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

LingcodKilla posted:

It looks like a weedy teen boy attempting a pose as a badass. Whatever, there’s no time on the battlefield to do your hair and put on makeup.

And there’s nothing wrong with that.

drat son were you worried we didn't think you were the worst poster in the thread, cuz you're making a hell of a play for the crown

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Mef989 posted:

I'm sure that somewhere, some salty old ham is furiously typing "NO BOOB PLATE? SJWs RUINING MAH GAME!" over this announcement.

I really want my daily dose of nerd salt but am not willing to delve into the particular forums where it can be found.

God I hate boob plates so much. This model is kicking rad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Corrode posted:

drat son were you worried we didn't think you were the worst poster in the thread, cuz you're making a hell of a play for the crown

I could give a gently caress. I showed the model to half my office and they thought it was an elf of some sort.
Everyone should looked the same on battlefield anyways. Bullets don’t care if you are man or woman.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Corrode posted:

Did you miss your meds this morning or something

He's spouting nonsense, but this is also not cool.

BoneMonkey posted:

God I hate boob plates so much. This model is kicking rad.

Yep. Maybe they'll even extend the philosophy to male miniatures. Fewer extra large codpieces.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Maneck posted:

He's spouting nonsense, but this is also not cool.

Yep. Maybe they'll even extend the philosophy to male miniatures. Fewer extra large codpieces.

Steroids do indeed shrink ding dongs.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Maneck posted:

I donno if you taking the Mick or not, but I agree. Get the weird horny fantasy out of the dumb power fantasy.

Also highheels, they can go to.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Cooked Auto posted:

I need this model and I don't even play Guard.

Dammit.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

LingcodKilla posted:

Steroids do indeed shrink ding dongs.

No, they don't, but ok.

Don't have to get antsy about a model. The model is cool. Your co-workers would probably not think your other plastic men look cool either.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Cessna posted:

I need this model and I don't even play Guard.

Dammit.

Same.

Pretty sure commisars as Inquisitorial henchmen is canon though!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

evol262 posted:

No, they don't, but ok.

Don't have to get antsy about a model. The model is cool. Your co-workers would probably not think your other plastic men look cool either.

https://dontcookyourballs.com/anabolic-steroids-testicular-atrophy-balls-shrink-use-steroids/

Ok your balls whatever.

The like gundam so their opinion is indeed suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

BoneMonkey posted:

I donno if you taking the Mick or not, but I agree. Get the weird horny fantasy out of the dumb power fantasy.

Also highheels, they can go to.

Entirely serious. You're right about high heels, they're even worse. It was disappointing to seem them on combat figures in the Rogue Trader box last year.