Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/beastie-bomber/video/67655698

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Were you just blind firing to try to keep them in place for your rocket?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I actually kind of like squad conquest, it's really easy to affect the outcome by being good. Even one good player is enough to swing the game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Were you just blind firing to try to keep them in place for your rocket?

Yeah just hoping to keep their attention for a few seconds longer.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Live At Five! posted:

I actually kind of like squad conquest, it's really easy to affect the outcome by being good. Even one good player is enough to swing the game.

It might be an OK mode for competitive play but it’s dumb as hell for random matchups. My buddies and I absolutely steamrolled people for several matches in a row and it got real boring.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
This was a good start to a match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5sQbRtEyLk

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I didn’t like panzer storm at first but it’s now one of my favorites. Usually wide open tank maps don’t work out for dice but I notice pubbies tend to swarm points and tanks don’t always sit back and snipe. And well when they do then this happens https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/ddd0ecbe-93e8-43ff-8ad7-e57b5f00de3e

This post brought to you by the swaghound gang

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

FastestGunAlive posted:

I didn’t like panzer storm at first but it’s now one of my favorites. Usually wide open tank maps don’t work out for dice but I notice pubbies tend to swarm points and tanks don’t always sit back and snipe. And well when they do then this happens https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/ddd0ecbe-93e8-43ff-8ad7-e57b5f00de3e

This post brought to you by the swaghound gang

When we BUTT Rollin this map is fun as hell but I hate to be dropped in with a squad of three or whatever

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea solo would suck if you’re not a vehicle whore. But I feel that way about bf in general

red19fire
May 26, 2010

What specializations do you run?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Straight down the right side of the tree. Not a fan of the faster but weaker repair perk but starting left means you cross over and get the useless supply box while losing smoke. AP rounds for enemy armor then using the HE when it runs out. The rate of fire means you can still do fine with HE. HE Splash is negligible like all tanks but compensated by the rate of fire to kill infantry.

I’ve tried out the littlejohn perk (increased velocity for main gun) because several PC players recommended it but unless you’re a filthy xim player you can’t really take advantage of it to dome snipers across the map. It’s probably about the same effectiveness against armor as the 20mm, just trading more damage for less rate of fire.

Only used rockets a few times and wasn’t impressed by the range drop off and long reload.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

The Midniter posted:

So the KE7 sucks now, it's just all over the place when prone. What's a good Support weapon now?

I think the best general purpose is the Lewis. You can tweak it to do just about anything you'd need.

LMG- Because Bipods, I tend to use these more when maneuverability is key
Lewis - Good General Purpose, can spec high capacity for closer or spec accuracy for longer
Bren - Open Maps/Counter-sniping/Long Rang
FG-42- offense in urban, where high ROF is needed over capacity. Can outshoot assaults and smgs

MMGs- When I have more time to position and get set up
VGO- good medium to close range MMG, for high rof situations (Rotterdam/Devestation)
MG-34 - good high cap medium to long range, good precision
MG-42 - for volume of fire at long range (ex: firing onto objectives from the bridge at twisted steel)

Drilling - An elegant weapon for a more civilized age
Pump- damage seems unreliable
Auto-Keep forgetting this is even in the game

Klisejo fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 21, 2019

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
https://youtu.be/dbUKmaisYlM - we teach a staghound that it's in the wrong neighborhood

https://youtu.be/aoHowBUT90k - the mountain shits out Germans

https://youtu.be/A1LVrtGYIZA - I'm parked next to the most oblivious person, but redeem myself

I wish the PS4 share feature captured in better quality :(

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Yo, gently caress Squad Conquest.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

WALLGOD posted:

https://youtu.be/dbUKmaisYlM - we teach a staghound that it's in the wrong neighborhood

https://youtu.be/aoHowBUT90k - the mountain shits out Germans

https://youtu.be/A1LVrtGYIZA - I'm parked next to the most oblivious person, but redeem myself

I wish the PS4 share feature captured in better quality :(

Holy poo poo that v2 kill lmao

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The Bananana posted:

Yo, gently caress Squad Conquest.

I finally got in a decent squad against a decent squad and it was fun. Finally. After like 10 matches. I got my ToW victory and kept playing a little because it was a decent time and the games were within 30 tickets of each other.

Except Rotterdam was a terribad stomp, still. LOL

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Huh. Squad Conquest was the most fun I've had with the game so far. Maybe I just got lucky with my matches, and my pubbies, but I had a solidly grand time playing glorified domination. I'd still go with larger game modes as a rule, but I'm not hating this at all and will play just this until I've unlocked all the things.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Parkingtigers posted:

Huh. Squad Conquest was the most fun I've had with the game so far. Maybe I just got lucky with my matches, and my pubbies, but I had a solidly grand time playing glorified domination. I'd still go with larger game modes as a rule, but I'm not hating this at all and will play just this until I've unlocked all the things.

Biggest problem with squad conquest is if you get stuck with a couple bad squad members, there’s nothing you can do about it. One match I had a teammate who went 0-6 through the whole game. He would just sit in a tower with a sniper on the edge of the map, not bothering to cap any points or get any kills since he was terrible with the sniper. We lost that match by less than 10 tickets. Even a slightly competent member would’ve been the difference maker there.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Maybe it's because I generally play on weekday mornings because of my shifts, but it's a lot different playing with the unemployed. You get a lot more organized deathsquads vs random trash pubbies (I count myself in the latter group) it seems. I don't think I've lost a game of team deathquest by closer than 50 tickets, and it's usually closer to 100. Same goes for the ones I've won (of which there aren't many). One good tank driver is so swingy, it's crazy what a difference they can make. The best game I had was on Hamada where you just set up between B and C and kill anyone trying to cap C or coming out of the German spawn. It's cheesy as hell to camp up there but it drains opposing tickets so fast, why wouldn't you? (because it's lovely, that's why, which also why you'll always find squads fortified up there doing just that).
The only decent map in the rotation is Arras imo, and even that just plays like TDM with fixed action points.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I was lucky because for the first 3 rounds we rolled as a squad, revives were plentiful, and there was something very satisfying about spawning in as assault (swapping from recon) to bumrush a Pz IV with panzerfausts, blowing it up yet dying in the process and considering that a fair swap, only to be revived so I can go shoot mans.

Maybe because I'm new to BFV, only joined this month and only played a handful of hours of conquest. This feels like a good way to used to the flow of moment to moment gameplay that takes a little longer to grok in the big map modes. Anyway, I had fun, will play it again tonight. Only swapped to Star Wars (which I was also late to) as it was hanging on the menu screen between rounds because :dice:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
New SMG absolutely shreds. I went with faster movement while aiming, increased accuracy while aiming, extended mags, and increased bullet velocity and it's perfect for squad conquest. The thing is so accurate that the integrated bipod isnt even necessary but I'm not complaining about having it. I never felt outclassed at close to mid range and ended up 31-2 on squad conquest Hamada with it.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
and dont forget about the semi-auto capability! does sound like an airsoft gun or a short barrel 22 though, which i enjoy

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Had some good rounds with goons yesterday. I think we had two full squads. Was able to grab these tasty clips.

1,878 point V-1
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/beastie-bomber/video/67840593

1,997 point V-1
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/beastie-bomber/video/67841483

Some goon crossfire on the big rear end tank map (quickly becoming one of my favorite maps)
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/beastie-bomber/video/67841577

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
They need to make panzerstorm 1000 tickets a side at least. 500 is just too short.

Also none of you will ever ascend to ultra tanker status if you don't play "destroy all the cover" with me. Destruction level is once again decent, we should be clearcutting maps.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

They need to make panzerstorm 1000 tickets a side at least. 500 is just too short.

Also none of you will ever ascend to ultra tanker status if you don't play "destroy all the cover" with me. Destruction level is once again decent, we should be clearcutting maps.

If I see a building and I’m in a tank, you best believe I’m driving through it. Enemies might be hiding in it...

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
I played Grand Ops again yesterday just to try something different and it just doesn't make sense how only the last map matters.

We were attacking in the Narvik operation and we got demolished in the airborne and breakthrough stages. Blew up one gun and didn't capture any sectors. We won the Fjell conquest map though so of course we win the whole thing. I figured it would at least do the final stan stage but I guess not.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

WALLGOD posted:

I played Grand Ops again yesterday just to try something different and it just doesn't make sense how only the last map matters.

We were attacking in the Narvik operation and we got demolished in the airborne and breakthrough stages. Blew up one gun and didn't capture any sectors. We won the Fjell conquest map though so of course we win the whole thing. I figured it would at least do the final stan stage but I guess not.

Allow me to explain:

Grand Ops were lazily designed and bad.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The best is the community rep saying "yeah we know the Germans are in a British plane with British soldiers and a British cutscene and we don't have an ETA on a fix" in their Crown Jewel Incredibly Awesome Super Mode

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Bring back no time limit Frontlines.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sunday at work posted:

Bring back no time limit Frontlines.

gently caress yeah.

Some of the best Frontlines matches I played in BF1 were three hour, back and forth meat grinders on Rupture and Verdun Heights.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Spent a while tonight getting matched into complete stomps with 10v20 teams then couldn't join anything at all. Very cool!

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Spent a while tonight getting matched into complete stomps with 10v20 teams then couldn't join anything at all. Very cool!
Same, I asked a random on my mic if he couldn't spawn in and he said he was having the same issue.

What the gently caress :dice: what did you "fix" this time

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

fartknocker posted:

gently caress yeah.

Some of the best Frontlines matches I played in BF1 were three hour, back and forth meat grinders on Rupture and Verdun Heights.

Oh god this, those matches were legendary.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I played a match of Frontlines the other day where the mission-status indicator (which team held which flags, time left, etc) was conspicuously missing from the screen. It made the game play oddly hollow, like the stakes were just lower. Not sure what happened but definitely do not recommend.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
A heads up, for those of you who don’t check the PC thread or haven’t logged in recently, but the retroactive Company Coins have started being awarded. I just got 130,000 dumped on me :D

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Last thing I heard about PC BF was that the hot new hack is some graphics driver thing that makes everything except player models look like a cell shaded N64 game.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Midniter posted:

I played a match of Frontlines the other day where the mission-status indicator (which team held which flags, time left, etc) was conspicuously missing from the screen. It made the game play oddly hollow, like the stakes were just lower. Not sure what happened but definitely do not recommend.

That’s been happening to me, too. It’s not good.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

sunday at work posted:

Last thing I heard about PC BF was that the hot new hack is some graphics driver thing that makes everything except player models look like a cell shaded N64 game.

Spending $1000's on hardware only to turn all the graphics down to dogshit quality to get a competitive edge is what PC gaming is all about.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Fanatic posted:

Spending $1000's on hardware only to turn all the graphics down to dogshit quality to get a competitive edge is what PC gaming is all about.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

El Jebus posted:

That’s been happening to me, too. It’s not good.

me too