Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
considering creative types are usually extremely self critical i can totally understand a bunch of "hey you drew that thing wrong!" piling up and being seriously depressing. it feels like a fun joke when its just you, the one person trying to make a funny joke, but on the receiving end its a shitstorm of, well, poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I mean, it's not like the jokes were actually worth making a guy who produces massive quantities of good art for free unhappy/frustrated, so does it really matter why this particular situation sucked for him?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

yay I got a youtube soundtrack this time

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
i draw comics and write role playing games for a living, my existence is getting body slammed by 50 nerds daily, over and over

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Operant posted:

i draw comics and write role playing games for a living, my existence is getting body slammed by 50 nerds daily, over and over

The path to royalty is often indistinguishable from the path of madness.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

ConfusedUs posted:

The path to royalty is often indistinguishable from the path of madness.
Best exemplified by the tale of the tragedy of so-called Imperial Majesty of the Pacific Coast Nort-UN.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't know why this is hard to empathize with.

And little digs repeated is VERY evocative of bullying and mockery without the context of face-to-face interaction.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
"It's going all over the place." :staredog:

Nicely done. Also Cio's expression in that last panel is great. Very schoolmistress.

Study hard for your math test altering the fabric of reality test Alison.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Operant posted:

I've been reading webcomics for over 2/3s of my life, nearly 20 years now. Yours is by far the best I've come across, through the combination of good plot, pacing and art. Keep up the good work.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Operant posted:

so how does the victory wine taste?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
cio continues to look fly as gently caress

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Operant posted:

Lancer is really good ok thx

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Lancer is really good ok thx

Broken Worlds is also extremely fun fwiw

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Its kind of like how an avalanche is just some snowflakes. Individually harmless, but together it hurts.

Mods please rename to An Avalanche of Nipples

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
An Avalanche of Shitposts more like

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Operant posted:

you're a treasure

and I loving love Swollison. eagerly awaiting the next several times she cracks some heads in the name of justice.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Operant posted:

Enlighten us with the name of this fist art!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I have trained an AI on the precise location of all of Allison's injuries and have created a chart of scar-injury mismatch, which reveals

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Operant posted:

Your poo poo is among the best poo poo I've seen. 13/10 have reread more than once and evangelized to friends. Thank you for bringing that joy into my life.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Operant posted:

BW is the first game to make me want to try and understand Powered by the Apocalypse as a system.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Operant posted:

How's that victory wine taste?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Victory bawls

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Operant posted:

I bet those nerds haven't even taken a single grappling class and can't even body-slam you properly. shame

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

ElMaligno posted:

I bet those nerds haven't even taken a single grappling class and can't even body-slam you properly. shame

That actually makes it more dangerous.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

habeasdorkus posted:

That actually makes it more dangerous.

yes that was the point of the response.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

seems like all this time we’ve been so focused on bodyslamming operant that we’ve forgotten to bodyslam... ourselves

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

this took way more time than I'd hoped

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Is that a stack of Perfectly Generic Objects?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I choose to believe it's Flubber

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

Is that a stack of Perfectly Generic Objects?

yes

for some reason there seems to be a dire lack of clean HD ones, so I had to go with the stack

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Q*Bert is royalty.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

I choose to believe it's Flubber

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

:sbahj:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

this took way more time than I'd hoped

idgi

igi

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Perfectly Generic Objects, from Homestuck

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

honestly it took me a minute because i was trying to figure out how it was a Clevin joke

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

eke out posted:

honestly it took me a minute because i was trying to figure out how it was a Clevin joke

I've never read the original comic, so I don't have that primal drive that's so essential for invoking him

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

Oh.

lol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

ThaumPenguin posted:

Made by Roxy, canonically the best character