Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I didn't realize namor was "can take a nuclear bomb to the face" strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

e2: guess i missed this last month but domino ending actually has simone rolling it into a team book called hotshots with her and black widow and some other people??

it's a fuckin weird situation, the solo series ending was clearly super rushed, but they're starting a 5-issue series with the exact same creative team and mostly the same characters because ????????

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gails been talking about all women team books on Twitter for months so i kinda wonder if she just asked if she could do that instead of the solo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

april solicits just dropped

e: another infinity event getting started already

You didn't really think Marvel wouldn't force some Infinity Gem related event in time for Endgame, did you?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Marvel: all infinity all the time

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

site posted:

e: another infinity event getting started already and loving rob liefeld is back
Where are you getting that another Infinity event is getting started?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Look up Ralph Macchio Not The Karate Kid But The Comics Guy.
They're not gonna bring some old dude out of retirement to do a big event. It'll be some lil vanity miniseries.

edit: or one-shot. #1 doesn't mean there'll be more than that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 22, 2019

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Endless Mike posted:

Looks like lots of good stuff, but yeesh, Age of X-Man sounds like a hard pass.

It looks like it's probably gonna be a lousy event, but I'm excited about some of the writers on some of the more ancillary minis, at least.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Edge & Christian posted:

Where are you getting that another Infinity event is getting started?

There's some infinity thing buried down in the middle

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

There's some infinity thing buried down in the middle
There's a new Infinity Watch mini and something called Avengers: Edge of Infinity, but neither of those constitute an event.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I heard the same thing when countdown started

Regardless, the infinity never stops

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's not gonna be a big Infinity Stones-centric event helmed by... Ralph Macchio.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Crisis of Infinite Events hahaha got em

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

I heard the same thing when countdown started

Regardless, the infinity never stops

What about Infinity... Plus One?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
N-no... :negative:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

To Infinity And Beyond

cut me my cross media promotion money Disney

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1087960181617631232?s=19

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I guess she's been getting hassled over that sweet Blob cover.
https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1087961546695815170
https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1087985231901216769

e: The cover, since we're on a new page:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jan 23, 2019

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Immortal Hulk is really loving good guys, like holy poo poo.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Onmi posted:

Immortal Hulk is really loving good guys, like holy poo poo.

I couldn't believe he name-dropped Anna Kingsford, one of the most interesting but also one of the most obscure tangential figures in my dissertation. I was beaming. I hope at least a few people googled her after reading this issue because she's so wonderful and weird.

Also, someone please walk me through this Leah Williams kerfuffle? I've been around the block a few times but I'm lost on this. I get the element of frustration that characters like Ice Man or Northstar aren't being showcased on the cover, but like, they aren't showcased on the majority of X-Men covers. Is it just because the Blob is conspicuously overweight?

edit: FWIW I like the cover a lot. It always sort of bugged me that the Blob's being the way he is was part of his mutant power, but people still wrote him as like the most grotesque caricature of the leering, drooling, stupid glutton. It's one of those things that seemed to run counter to the inclusivity and radical restructuring of what's "beautiful" that should be at the center of mutant stories.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 23, 2019

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Lobok posted:

Billy, you’re so stupid!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Superior Spider-Man is fun as hell and oh man Otto is going to hilariously gently caress up having cosmic powers now

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I loved Immortal Hulk, but Ewing's tendency to dilute personal stories with wacky insubstantial metaphysics bugs me a little. It's all great apart from "the gamma that is neither a wave or a particle, the mysterious third form of light!", which could be a fun gimmicky comic book science thing if it was played gentler, or a substantial sci-fi thing if it was played harder, but instead just sits awkwardly between in the middle of a story that's fundamentally about trauma, violence and abuse.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Also if it was not, "there's this mysterious form of energy behind gamma radiation and it's God, metaphorically, but also sort of actually it is God and this is an elaborate hellscape, because of the mysterious third form of energy which...spontaneously generates Hell in connection with gamma radiation?". Actually, that probably hurts it more than anything else for me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Has there ever been a Hulk story titled Gamma Gamma Hey?

*googles*
Answer: Yes!

Uncanny Avengers #16 and the letters page for She-Hulk volume 5 was titled that for a while.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Android Blues posted:

I loved Immortal Hulk, but Ewing's tendency to dilute personal stories with wacky insubstantial metaphysics bugs me a little. It's all great apart from "the gamma that is neither a wave or a particle, the mysterious third form of light!", which could be a fun gimmicky comic book science thing if it was played gentler, or a substantial sci-fi thing if it was played harder, but instead just sits awkwardly between in the middle of a story that's fundamentally about trauma, violence and abuse.

What you're describing is starting to sound more and more like Argent Energy from DOOM. Eventually you're gonna start to see Imps, Hell Knights, Pinky Demons, Cyberdemons, Revenants, and Bruce is going to internalize the Hulk permanently he gets bulked up in doing so, and ETERNALLY ANGRY AGAINST THE LEGIONS OF HELL. Thus becoming DoomSlayer. :black101:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Archyduchess posted:

Also, someone please walk me through this Leah Williams kerfuffle? I've been around the block a few times but I'm lost on this. I get the element of frustration that characters like Ice Man or Northstar aren't being showcased on the cover, but like, they aren't showcased on the majority of X-Men covers. Is it just because the Blob is conspicuously overweight?

Someone was calling her out for putting a bisexual hero, Psylocke, in a relationship with someone they called a "loser" - but loser continually read as "fat.* They accused Leah of bi-erasure and she took offense since she says the book is anything but

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

How could anyone tell the woman was Psylocke?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Because it said so in the solicit?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

How is it bi-erasure to have a bi person in a relationship with a man?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
When was Psylocke identified as bisexual?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Skwirl posted:

When was Psylocke identified as bisexual?

I wanna say going back to Humphries' Uncanny X-Force run, where Fantomex's three brains got put into three different bodies, one of them is a woman and Psylocke is kinda-sorta dating all three.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lobok posted:

That was part of Leah's problem with it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Speaking of Twitter, apparently Matthew Rosenberg is going to scale back his Twitter use or just leave it all together.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd delete myself from Twitter the moment I signed on as an X-writer.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'd delete myself from Twitter the moment I signed on as any comic writer.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'd delete myself from Twitter the moment I signed on as an X-writer.

The amount of self-promotion that's basically expected of any writer (comics or otherwise) these days is ridiculous. If you're not on Twitter, you'll be told to get on it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lobok posted:

there's a not insignificant amount of people who think you can only be bi if you're actively in a same sex relationship and anything else doesn't count

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Blockhouse posted:

there's a not insignificant amount of people who think you can only be bi if you're actively in a same sex relationship and anything else doesn't count

That sounds a lot like bi-erasure. Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

those people are loving awful