Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Season 17: gamecubes usable on jewelery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Substandard posted:

Exactly level 27 and then level 30? I have a gem of ease leveled up I can throw on a weapon for another wizard but it's pretty easy to get like 5 levels per pack at those levels if you aren't careful. It sounds like a worthwhile project until I get the last of the Tal Rasha set.

I've got the Etched Sigil already (assuming that is the channeling offhand you are talking about), but since I'm mostly orbing I've not been using it.
https://www.d3planner.com/game/55430/kadala

Pick wizard and check levels.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If you wanna get carried on higher grs pm me. Should at least find an extra tal piece to cube into a belt.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently, the game wants me to play a Sunwuko Bell Monk. Despite getting the Uli gift, it's dropped everything I need for Bells except for the Sunwuko Chest.

Also, it dropped this:

I'm not playing a Crusader. :sigh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

^ i cant even get a regular one and i've been cubing flails like a manic :mad:

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm at a bad place with my hammerdin this season. I'm only on T8 and I'm one- or two-shotting everything, even RG's, but trash can also two-shot me and frequently does. This is fine on bell monk but these hammers aren't targetable and take time to spin out. The only thing I'm missing from the build is endless walk. Is that a huge survival boost? Am I playing it wrong? I jump whenever it's off CD and otherwise try to spam hammers.

I can just switch to invoker since im 4/6 with it but I want to give this a fair shake.

i was having this issue and while i can only do around g11 right now i've been able to survive a lot better by making slightly better use of my abilities. pretty much i save falling sword for elite packs that i know will be trouble unless there's a big enough pack that i can immediately put it at the lowest possible cooldown. i still struggle with the stupid bugs or a lot of the ranged damage like the stupid trappers so i'm running law of hope wing of angels and iron skin flash to just nope entirely out of those levels. you can still toss a hammer here and there and do a decent job of wiping poo poo out if it gathers on you from running through all of it.

basically i have found the DR from iron skin to be pretty invaluable. i am still trying to suss out how to get more survivable too though, my damage is still fine but the trouble ranged enemies just melt me.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Just wanted to say thanks. It took about an hour to relevel a wizard cube those items and start easily destroying guys with the Vyr set. I got my Tal Rasha belt about 2 seconds after I did it, but at the moment I'm still messing around with Vyr & Chantodo rolling through GRs and it is significantly better to play once you keep your stacks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My First Primal™

:rip:

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
What do i do with all these extra set items? I have ten Jesseth Skullscythes and a bunch of other greens that I'm not gonna use.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Forgotten souls. One to equip, one to reforge (optional), salvage the rest.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

Apparently, the game wants me to play a Sunwuko Bell Monk. Despite getting the Uli gift, it's dropped everything I need for Bells except for the Sunwuko Chest.

Also, it dropped this:

I'm not playing a Crusader. :sigh:

I've been taking a look at leaderboards and it looks like Bell Monk is by far the most common high rift build, but the cool thing is there are multiple bell monk builds I've seen (Sunwuko + Inna)

Sunwuko and Inna can also wear Sages gear at the same time for farming

Meanwhile I have 3 pieces of Sunwuko gear. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME GLOVE

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You know there's a cube recipe to convert set items, right.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

You know there's a cube recipe to convert set items, right.

Yes I've managed to run out of the materials and am way too weak with Sages to farm more quickly :v:

I think I'll just take turns with friends wearing sages and following them through rifts

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am actually loving my bell monk, it's super fun to play and really fast. Using an Inna's build right now but might switch to a 6/2 build later on as I got this (first usable primal):

I just don't really understand the stats for the build that well, especially weapons, this build I am following lists CHD/Socket/CDR/Area Damage as priorities, no dex, damage range or damage %.
So how do I reroll this offhand? Roll the damage % or the dex away for CDR?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
So I made a Barbarian for this season hoping to do a LoN / Frenzy type build. I did the seasonal quest just so I could have the IK set to farm the stuff I wanted to farm in higher Torment levels.

Now I have the full set and am doing ludicrous amounts of damage while maintaining WoB at near 100% uptime as my ancients bulldoze everything instantly. Why would I do anything but this?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

So I made a Barbarian for this season hoping to do a LoN / Frenzy type build. I did the seasonal quest just so I could have the IK set to farm the stuff I wanted to farm in higher Torment levels.

Now I have the full set and am doing ludicrous amounts of damage while maintaining WoB at near 100% uptime as my ancients bulldoze everything instantly. Why would I do anything but this?

I also was supposed to do some other build but the free IK set won me over.

This was the fastest season ever, took me 5 days to complete guardian / hit the leaderboards / gear up to full ancient.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I also was supposed to do some other build but the free IK set won me over.

This was the fastest season ever, took me 5 days to complete guardian / hit the leaderboards / gear up to full ancient.

The buffs may have been meant to level the playing field at high GRs but that certainly rippled down to lower ones

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
My biggest issue right now is that when I pop WoB I cannot get to the mob before it dies to build fury such that I can dump it to lower the WoB cooldown. That, and I've outpaced my toughness dramatically and am quite squishy at the Torment levels I can clear.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

My biggest issue right now is that when I pop WoB I cannot get to the mob before it dies to build fury such that I can dump it to lower the WoB cooldown. That, and I've outpaced my toughness dramatically and am quite squishy at the Torment levels I can clear.

This is exactly the same set of problems I've had since getting my full IK set. Phenomenal cosmic power, itty bitty health pool.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Lights posted:

This is exactly the same set of problems I've had since getting my full IK set. Phenomenal cosmic power, itty bitty health pool.

It gets very tough once you find the related damage reduction items (the ring that gives 80% reduced damage after charging being the important one). I could facetank packs in gr90+ as long as I'm not standing in multiple ground effects at once.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

You can hammer the ground to reset WOB

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Lights posted:

I like the changes to sets overall with the increase in damage but not toughness, survival is a more significant consideration for pushing GRs in HC.

Band of Might is the critical piece for barbs, 80% DR is like 5x life as long as you keep the buff up. Also look at life per fury spent, it's huge on a fast attacking HotA.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Vomik posted:

You can hammer the ground to reset WOB

I have no problems dumping, it's getting the fury in the first place. I've taken to using weapon throw just so I can get a hit or two before the screen is obliterated.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tahirovic posted:

I am actually loving my bell monk, it's super fun to play and really fast. Using an Inna's build right now but might switch to a 6/2 build later on as I got this (first usable primal):

I just don't really understand the stats for the build that well, especially weapons, this build I am following lists CHD/Socket/CDR/Area Damage as priorities, no dex, damage range or damage %.
So how do I reroll this offhand? Roll the damage % or the dex away for CDR?

I'm probably wrong, but I'd reroll the +7% Damage for CDR.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
% damage seems right unless there's some weird thing where your attacks only take into account main hand damage. Speaking of which Bells I assume alternates weapons but what about for Uliana's? Does it alternate your weapon for palms or is it only mainhand?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I have no problems dumping, it's getting the fury in the first place. I've taken to using weapon throw just so I can get a hit or two before the screen is obliterated.

Think there's a furious charge rune that gives you fury based on mobs hit. Charge till your fury bar is up, dump fury to reset WoB, rinse and repeat. Combine some raekor set pieces to get all the FC runes too.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The Ancients' Fury rune in combination with Gavel of Judgment basically pegs my fury at maximum as soon as the ancients hit anything, even in relatively low GRs.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

You’re talking about IK HOTA? Can you link your character? You should have max fury at all times- are you missing the gavel of judgment?

mewse
May 2, 2006

For those of you playing uliana monk for the first time, I think this post is the bible for how mythic rhythm interacts with EP/u2-EP

e: oh and somewhere in the thread he talks about how MH/OH affects different abilities

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/class/barbarian/active/hammer-of-the-ancients

HotA costs 20 fury per attack.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/the-gavel-of-judgment-P61_Unique_Mighty_2H_001

Refunds 25 fury per attack on 0 to 3 enemies. Ground attacking nothing with HotA should always profit fury.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/fury-of-the-ancients-P3_Unique_Shoulder_102

This shoulder gives the Ancient's Fury rune which makes them gain 4 fury every time they deal damage. (You can slot this but lose the 50% Damage Reduction rune.)

You should have 100% Fury at all times in combat with the above alone. Charge and Warcry should be more than enough to get the pain-train going.

My group always makes fun of my pre-Rift Guardian temper tantrums as I spam ground attacks to build cooldown and regenerate HP from Life per Fury Spent.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh man I have been messing around with monk builds today as I’ve been getting new parts and these are all super fun

Sunwuko + Wol:Multishot monk
Sunwuko + Sages set: so many deaths breaths
Sunwuko + 4 inna: multishot monk and also helps your entire group Cool
6 inna: wait this seems really strong
6 inna 2 raiment generators: I am a whirlwind force of nature all will perish

Monk is cool man

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Kaustik posted:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/class/barbarian/active/hammer-of-the-ancients

HotA costs 20 fury per attack.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/the-gavel-of-judgment-P61_Unique_Mighty_2H_001

Refunds 25 fury per attack on 0 to 3 enemies. Ground attacking nothing with HotA should always profit fury.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/fury-of-the-ancients-P3_Unique_Shoulder_102

This shoulder gives the Ancient's Fury rune which makes them gain 4 fury every time they deal damage. (You can slot this but lose the 50% Damage Reduction rune.)

You should have 100% Fury at all times in combat with the above alone. Charge and Warcry should be more than enough to get the pain-train going.

My group always makes fun of my pre-Rift Guardian temper tantrums as I spam ground attacks to build cooldown and regenerate HP from Life per Fury Spent.

Here is the wisdom.

I also smash ground and people ask me what am I doing

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Wow this week's challenge rift is loving stupid.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

5er posted:

Wow this week's challenge rift is loving stupid.

What is it?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Here is the wisdom.

I also smash ground and people ask me what am I doing
To be fair, it's somewhat non-obvious even in terms of D3's weird mechanics that Gavel of Judgment still refunds fury for hitting nothing. It's probably better to just hit some small mob since it'll at least do SOME damage, but if you're waiting for a GRG spawn and want to have a full duration WotB ready, it's time to play the bongos.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Incoherence posted:

To be fair, it's somewhat non-obvious even in terms of D3's weird mechanics that Gavel of Judgment still refunds fury for hitting nothing. It's probably better to just hit some small mob since it'll at least do SOME damage, but if you're waiting for a GRG spawn and want to have a full duration WotB ready, it's time to play the bongos.

True that, it's pretty counter-intuitive, I had no idea it works that way but suddenly all the hotas give endless fury

5er
Jun 1, 2000

A super-confused WD.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mmm that point where you can finally clear a t13 goblin vault.

Money ain't a Thang, indeed

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Is it just me or is the uli monk set really unfun to play? Why the gently caress would I want to run around doing jack poo poo nothing for 10 seconds until I can use my actual DPS skill?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
It's no good without the necessary legendary items to drastically reduce the cooldown on SSS, and doesn't really shine unless you also have enough cooldown rolls on your gear to negate the cooldown entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Season 17 will be Permanent Gloves Of Worship. Also, there will be a bug where Rift Pylons only last for 10 seconds!

interrodactyl posted:

Is it just me or is the uli monk set really unfun to play? Why the gently caress would I want to run around doing jack poo poo nothing for 10 seconds until I can use my actual DPS skill?

Swilo posted:

It's no good without the necessary legendary items to drastically reduce the cooldown on SSS, and doesn't really shine unless you also have enough cooldown rolls on your gear to negate the cooldown entirely.

Yup. Sunwuko Bells is way more fun!