Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Mods plz move the D&D Venezuela thread into it's true home: C-SPAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i got a folder full of "shut the gently caress up, liberal" memes ready

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

smarxist posted:

have them holstered, if they move it to C-SPAM the bourgeoisie in the thread will be classicided within a week

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

strongly considering issuing a resolution recognizing c-spam as the legitimate politics forum on sa

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

smarxist posted:

bitch iv'e been using mspaint to add 'shut the gently caress up, liberal' to every anime face i own. im ready for this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

strongly considering issuing a resolution recognizing c-spam as the legitimate politics forum on sa

I'd try to secure backing from Games before you did this at the very least

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
Maduro severed diplomatic ties with the US. Hoping Iran sends them Hezbollah fighters to repel the imperialists.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

R. Guyovich posted:

Life in this society being, at best, an utter bore and no aspect of society being at all relevant to posters, there remains to civic-minded, responsible, thrill-seeking posters only to overthrow the mods, eliminate :10bux:, institute complete automation and destroy D&D.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
We're not moving the thread to D&D, I've already had to hear enough complaining about the last time.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Graphic posted:

Maduro severed diplomatic ties with the US. Hoping Iran sends them Hezbollah fighters to repel the imperialists.

Gamemaster Anthony but the international brigades

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
https://twitter.com/EenaRuffini/status/1088235454439309313

galaxy brane

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lol trump is gonna have to pull a Carter in two weeks

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lightning Knight posted:

We're not moving the thread to D&D, I've already had to hear enough complaining about the last time.

we're not moving it to D&D, we're moving it from D&D :science:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Lightning Knight posted:

cowardice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

i say swears online posted:

I'd try to secure backing from Games before you did this at the very least

Sorry, Imp Zone has already been recognized as the legitimate gaming forum on SA.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Operation Goondor

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
This whole display is really surreal. Par for the course according to history but it's another thing to witness it in real time.

1. Recognize some fascist loser instead of Maduro
2. People come out to the streets to support Maduro, their actual president
3. Media goes "look guys, they're flooding the streets to protest Maduro's regime!", even though in the pictures and videos almost everyone is wearing red, and "Crisis deepens over Venezuelan presidential row" not mentioning that the "row" is completely manufactured by the US
4. Entire political establishment goes "this is horrible, we have to do something!"
5. ??? (materiel support for violent coup, invasion, we'll see).

And all unfolding in a matter of hours, carefully orchestrated between the government and media.

At least according to some reporters on the ground in Venezuela for years, the military are almost universally Chavistas so a coup would probably fail badly.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Graphic posted:

This whole display is really surreal. Par for the course according to history but it's another thing to witness it in real time.

1. Recognize some fascist loser instead of Maduro
2. People come out to the streets to support Maduro, their actual president
3. Media goes "look guys, they're flooding the streets to protest Maduro's regime!", even though in the pictures and videos almost everyone is wearing red, and "Crisis deepens over Venezuelan presidential row" not mentioning that the "row" is completely manufactured by the US
4. Entire political establishment goes "this is horrible, we have to do something!"
5. ??? (materiel support for violent coup, invasion, we'll see).

And all unfolding in a matter of hours, carefully orchestrated between the government and media.

At least according to some reporters on the ground in Venezuela for years, the military are almost universally Chavistas so a coup would probably fail badly.

Whats going to be interesting is the U.S. military is stretched thin in a way that it really hasn't been in the past wrt our dumb Vietnam-esque adventures. The funneling of money away from recruiting/staffing means doing poo poo like supporting coups depends a lot on allies/raw money because we literally do not have the manpower to do another Libya or Iraq. The air force is short thousands of pilots, the Army can't hit recruiting goals, the navys ships are all running on skeleton crews.

And even fat bitch isn't dumb enough to bring back the draft so lol

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 24, 2019

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Brb inventing a Chavista detection device to sell to the US gov

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BULBASAUR posted:

we're not moving it to D&D, we're moving it from D&D :science:

grammar is counterrevolutionary.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
current mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSuMKNCgUOE

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
that new 100k karma reddit account posting propaganda in /r/pics is also this. one tweet:

https://twitter.com/rebelsonlyco/status/950758254937821184

quote:

cool people | influentials | culture | music institution 🇻🇪🇨🇴🇺🇸 #JoinTheRebellion #Immortals

Bogotá, D.C., Colombia

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sorry, Imp Zone has already been recognized as the legitimate gaming forum on SA.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1088258030591008769

Lmao.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

R. Guyovich posted:

Please make D&D into C-SPAM's subforum

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MizPiz posted:

Please make D&D into C-SPAM's subforum

there's probably a way to do this in the forum cpanel but i imagine attempting to do it would just melt the database

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

Mods plz move the D&D Venezuela thread into it's true home: C-SPAM

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venom Snake posted:

Whats going to be interesting is the U.S. military is stretched thin in a way that it really hasn't been in the past wrt our dumb Vietnam-esque adventures. The funneling of money away from recruiting/staffing means doing poo poo like supporting coups depends a lot on allies/raw money because we literally do not have the manpower to do another Libya or Iraq. The air force is short thousands of pilots, the Army can't hit recruiting goals, the navys ships are all running on skeleton crews.

wonder how many people would desert lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

R. Guyovich posted:

The one subforum policy ensures peace

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Venom Snake posted:

Wait till he starts poo poo with iran

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

THS posted:

fishmech referring to Venezuela as a right wing military dictatorship. why hasnt he been permabanned. who is letting him roam free

someone ask him what president Clinton plans on doing about this catastrophe

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Postoyevsky posted:

someone ask him what president Clinton plans on doing about this catastrophe

Interim President Clinton

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Has any Amerikkkan politicians speak against this poo poo btw?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1088242673230725121?s=19

THE LAD

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plutonis posted:

Has any Amerikkkan politicians speak against this poo poo btw?

https://twitter.com/RoKhanna/status/1088109037982543873

besides that Carter tweet this is the closest a progressive has gotten to touching it afaik

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/Ilhan/status/1088192524911607808?s=19

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

:goofy:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The good southern Lee

Adbot