Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Welp
gently caress the Pats
gently caress the Rams?
gently caress the Refs
gently caress
View Results

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
If you're not winning by 20 did you really deserve to win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We gotta redo the gdts too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Oh man, I love reading old threads, so many hopes and dreams just waiting to be dashed

indigi posted:

I couldn't believe that they let Stewart Bradley back in the game after 2 plays on the sidelines, only to pull him at half time for a concussion. It was clear as day that they should have taken him in the back to do a more thorough examination right there when he was stumbling around like Old Yeller. I hope they catch some poo poo for it.

Kolb, I don't care if they send him back out with a concussion though

lol I really didn't like Kevin Kolb

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Definitely get rid of instant replays and challenges except maybe for touchdowns and turnovers. They haven’t helped the game at all. All they do is waste time and quite often the calls are still wrong. Thank you

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
It's laughable for the Saints, out of all of the teams in the NFL, to be whining like this.

They got their Lombardi by murdering national hero Brett Favre in the NFC championship, and then it was revealed that they were trying to hurt opposing players on purpose.

If ever a result should have been vacated, it was that one. Man. These bitches are tired.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Fake news. Y'all ain't got no proof

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Larch posted:

It's laughable for the Saints, out of all of the teams in the NFL, to be whining like this.

They got their Lombardi by murdering national hero Brett Favre in the NFC championship, and then it was revealed that they were trying to hurt opposing players on purpose.

If ever a result should have been vacated, it was that one. Man. These bitches are tired.

Favre deserved every hit. Also

PostNouveau posted:

Fake news. Y'all ain't got no proof

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

really queer Christmas posted:

Favre deserved every hit. Also

Says someone who obviously doesn’t enjoy funslinging. Go cheer for dink and dunk Brady in the no-fun league.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

indigi posted:

lol I really didn't like Kevin Kolb

I seem to recall there was some Eagles poster that was convinced that Kolb was a better fit than McNabb for the Eagles offense based on the two good games Kolb had at the very beginning of his career.

And then Kolb kept playing

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Just gonna leave this here...

https://twitter.com/OfficiallyIce/status/1088201201609523201?s=19

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Besides wanting the Patriots to lose, I want the Rams to win the SB to further cause art like that to be released.

"Who dat? Who dat?"
"Your Superbowl Champions, the LA Rams is dat!"

I wonder what wunderkid Sean McVay is coming up with for strategy for the Patriots and how hard they're working on it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

really queer Christmas posted:

Favre deserved every hit.

That's a gross opinion ya got there

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Every single musician in New Orleans should be embarrassed by that video.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Sure is impressive that with a storied and unique musical history as that of New Orleans, this is what we’ve ended up with.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It is OK Saints I am sure another most prolific passer in the NFL will fall into your laps again. Also the Refs handed you your superbowl win so you got nothing to complain about.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MD2020 posted:

I seem to recall there was some Eagles poster that was convinced that Kolb was a better fit than McNabb for the Eagles offense based on the two good games Kolb had at the very beginning of his career.

And then Kolb kept playing

I want to say that was Notwearingpants? That seems like the kind of thing he'd come up with. He was also the guy arguing that they should have fired Doug Pederson after the Raiders game at the end of 2017.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He also believes Wentz is the greatest QB in Eagles history. Despite BDN.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
It's not even funny anymore it's just sad.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1088405336090923008?s=19

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

New Orleans needs to be robbed more often if the entire state is going to melt down like this

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Is this more or less embarrassing than the Vikings meltdown last year when they lost to the Eagles in the NFCCG :thunk: Both are so good.

Saints meltdown seems more insane, but at least they were actually robbed. Vikings just got their asses handed to them

Nov 6, 2002

Vikings is more mind boggling because they got completely blown out, and then held it personally against Eagles fans.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's not like it's the Rams' fault. The blame lies solely on the busted sorry officiating.

Not that I expect anything to change in any meaningful way.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Docjowles posted:

Is this more or less embarrassing than the Vikings meltdown last year when they lost to the Eagles in the NFCCG :thunk: Both are so good.

Saints meltdown seems more insane, but at least they were actually robbed. Vikings just got their asses handed to them

I live in the twin cities and the reaction to that I saw was just “welp”

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, did Vikings fans react that poorly? I saw some stuff about restaurants refusing reservations to Eagles fans during Super Bowl week, which is definitely some petty poo poo, but nobody was petitioning Congress or whatever.

Okay, not MANY people were petitioning Congress.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

hobbesmaster posted:

I live in the twin cities and the reaction to that I saw was just “welp”

Yeah I mean the super bowl was even hosted here. If there was a meltdown it could've been a lot worse.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Vikings is more mind boggling because they got completely blown out, and then held it personally against Eagles fans.

I don't think not liking obnoxious Eagles fans is unique to the Viking's fanbase.

Nov 6, 2002

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Yeah I mean the super bowl was even hosted here. If there was a meltdown it could've been a lot worse.

I don't think not liking obnoxious Eagles fans is unique to the Viking's fanbase.

I tried to Google some stories about Vikings fans from last year and all I could find was articles about Eagles fans behaving awful :lol:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Congressional hearings are some weak-rear end poo poo.

I'm working on diplomatic solutions overseas. We're very close to getting Germany to recognize the Saints as the rightful Super Bowl champions, and the rest of the EU will follow their lead.

Nov 6, 2002

It's amazing that Goodell gets paid $30 million to hide in a bunker during the biggest controversy of the season.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

PostNouveau posted:

Congressional hearings are some weak-rear end poo poo.

I'm working on diplomatic solutions overseas. We're very close to getting Germany to recognize the Saints as the rightful Super Bowl champions, and the rest of the EU will follow their lead.

If this had happened to Al Davis it may very well have turned into an international incident.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I laughed out loud at a Saints blogger on twitter who said that the team should at least get a few draft picks if they aren’t going to replay the game

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I laughed out loud at a Saints blogger on twitter who said that the team should at least get a few draft picks if they aren’t going to replay the game

I mean its worth a shot :laugh:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I tried to Google some stories about Vikings fans from last year and all I could find was articles about Eagles fans behaving awful :lol:

I swear I remember massive amounts of salt online after the Vikings lost, like businesses refusing to serve anyone identifying as Eagles fans and stuff. But yeah I can't find too much now :shrug:

some minor examples https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/eagles-players-fans-not-minnesota-hospitality-article-1.3785872

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

If you read the article it sounds like it’s just a gimmick by the pastor to get people to focus on productive social change.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Give them one free "get out of penalty free" card to be played at any point during next regular or post season.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I agree, give them the draft picks as if they'd won the superbowl, drop them 3 spots in each round.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you read the article it sounds like it’s just a gimmick by the pastor to get people to focus on productive social change.

Why would I read the article instead of just outright laughing at the poo poo show Saints fans?

Kalli posted:

I agree, give them the draft picks as if they'd won the superbowl, drop them 3 spots in each round.

Best part is they traded away their 1st, 3rd, and some others I believe :laugh:

e:

2019 draft picks
Round 1: None
Round 2: New Orleans
Round 3: None
Round 4: None
Round 5: New Orleans
Round 6: New Orleans, N.Y. Jets
Round 7: New Orleans, Cleveland

Nov 6, 2002

Thankfully they're not in win-now mode, right?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

weird Asian candy posted:

Why would I read the article instead of just outright laughing at the poo poo show Saints fans?

Best part is they traded away their 1st, 3rd, and some others I believe :laugh:

e:

2019 draft picks
Round 1: None
Round 2: New Orleans
Round 3: None
Round 4: None
Round 5: New Orleans
Round 6: New Orleans, N.Y. Jets
Round 7: New Orleans, Cleveland

Wow, what did they trade them for?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow, what did they trade them for?

Trade up for Davenport. Traded 3rd for Bridgewater. Not sure where the 4th went I will google.

e:

Oh right, Apple. They traded a 4th for Eli Apple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the Saints have been treating the last two years as win now mode and mortgaging the future... and I mean, it's worked. They've been a miracle play last year from the NFC championship and a blown call this year from the Superbowl.

They're maximizing Brees' window.

Of course the opposite version is the Patriots which are still doing Bill's endless stockpiling wizardry, but actually making the Superbowl, so I don't know?