Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

that looks like a different cat lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you compare to the earlier picture posted higher up, they look much closer :)

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

? Looks like the same cat to me, markings and face are identical, the lighting is just different.

Also holy poo poo what a story, I hope you get the other guy back too.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

One picture is a kitten, the other is not. It has been 2 years after all :)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Bootcha posted:

Caught my cat's puke in an empty cereal bowl, saving a carpet scrubbing.

I should feel like I accomplished something.

A couple days ago my cat was starting to puke so I caught it in my cupped hands.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Bootcha posted:

Caught my cat's puke in an empty cereal bowl, saving a carpet scrubbing.

I should feel like I accomplished something.

Proudly remember that moment every time you eat out of that bowl

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Took my cats to the vet today to get sterilized. Hopefully every thing turns out ok.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

He's definitely the same cat. He has the same meow, same mannerisms, on his belly there is a unique pattern of spots that is there also.
He's just bigger than he was before he was still a baby when he disappeared.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Sterilization went fine, they arent sleepy and tired though. They are very active.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Look at those tiny shirts :kimchi:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Someone recommend me a good, budget-conscious automatic feeder so this cat stops associating me with food, please.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Organza Quiz posted:

? Looks like the same cat to me, markings and face are identical, the lighting is just different.

The one cat is wearing a tie while the other isn't though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Built this cat house/tree prototype to see if my cats would like it before I went ahead and put the time and effort into making it out of wood. It's about 12x12 so I'm going to expand the size to 16x16 or 18x18. They seem to approve.

Decorating curtosy of my 9 year old daughter.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's already executed in the most perfect material for the target user: cardboard.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kw0134 posted:

It's already executed in the most perfect material for the target user: cardboard.

You're not wrong. They're already chewing on it all the time.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
If I've learned anything in three years of cat ownership, it is that there is no stronger cat attraction material on the planet than an empty cardboard box. I'm at work but otherwise I'd post a dozen pictures of Mel in a dozen different boxes throughout the house. I bought a new pair of running shoes over the weekend and sure enough this morning I got up and there she is sleeping in the still tissue-paper lined shoebox. :3:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sydin posted:

If I've learned anything in three years of cat ownership, it is that there is no stronger cat attraction material on the planet than an empty cardboard box. I'm at work but otherwise I'd post a dozen pictures of Mel in a dozen different boxes throughout the house. I bought a new pair of running shoes over the weekend and sure enough this morning I got up and there she is sleeping in the still tissue-paper lined shoebox. :3:

Yep, Sweetheart has an empty Monster box that she's basically claimed as her other bed. I'd set it down for a moment to grab a recycling bag to put it in and when I turned back around to it, she was sitting in it, happy as can be. I decided to let it be her one permanent box since she loves it so much.

My girlfriend likes to joke that it suits her, the little monster goes in the monster box. :3:

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

the little monster goes in the monster box. :3:

awwwwwww

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gorgar posted:

awwwwwww

Pictured: one (1) adorable soot sprite where she likes to be

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cat box tax:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cat 1

[/]Jumbo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bean is broken and doesn't like boxes. She won't go in them on her own, jumps out immediately if you put her in one, and hisses at you if you walk in her direction holding one.

It makes me so sad and I want to know her story ):

We're also pretty sure she wasn't allowed up on things in her previous home because she's only just starting to jump up on the couch to get pets and we've had her almost 2 years

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Peridot doesn't go in boxes, she does like hitting the open flaps of them with her paw to make annoying noises and get attention though.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Pictured: one (1) adorable soot sprite where she likes to be

She looks like she’s on display. Labelled and everything.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Tater has no interest in cardboard boxes! I also offered him a bit of fish and he walked away. I think he's defective.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Buffy

Olli

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

zakharov posted:

I also offered him a bit of fish and he walked away.

Oh man, that reminds me of the first time that my girlfriend and I had fresh salmon for dinner after adopting Sweetheart, she was insufferable, trying to get into our plates and meowing pitifully and wandering around the dining table legs.

Since she was pretty good about the whole thing we did give her a very small piece that hadn't been seasoned or anything, but now when we plan to have fresh fish for dinner we make sure to get one of those fish filet treats so she has her own and doesn't try to get a hold of ours. :v:

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
So sweet

This is my current phone wallpaper; Sammy

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Fyodor has a love/hate relationship with boxes. He loves to sit in them but at the same time he hates them and will try to destroy them by chewing on the flaps.

He also hates mail and will shred it especially if it's bills.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Kyrosiris posted:

Since she was pretty good about the whole thing we did give her a very small piece that hadn't been seasoned or anything, but now when we plan to have fresh fish for dinner we make sure to get one of those fish filet treats so she has her own and doesn't try to get a hold of ours. :v:

Before we got our own cats we were looking after two of a friend's cats. When we ordered sushi one night, one of the cats would sit on a nearby recliner and stare intently at the sushi, not making any moves at all, just staring and waiting. We were torn but decided to not give him any, lest he gets ideas about food off tables. He looked kinda confused but otherwise ok.

Later on we told that to our friend and she laughed and said she's taught him to wait until she's finished her sushi and then he'd get a piece of salmon or tuna sashimi that she'd order for him specifically. :3:

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Zwille posted:

We were torn but decided to not give him any, lest he gets ideas about food off tables. He looked kinda confused but otherwise ok.

You should be jailed for your crimes

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Thumposaurus posted:

He also hates mail and will shred it especially if it's bills.

I mean, that's a mood.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

computer angel posted:

You should be jailed for your crimes

I'm the bad influence that asks the internet if it's safe for cats to eat (thing) and if it is I try to share.

Most things they do not like but no matter how many times Domino decides he doesn't actually like cheese he still wants to sniff it.

I caught the fucker dragging a loaf of bread through the house the other day. I have no doubt he was aiming to get it under the bed.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah as much as I'd like to pamper our two cats to hell and back I don't want them begging for food off the table. It's bad enough already that we can't leave a cheesecake out without it getting paw prints, can't imagine what'll happen if they think human food is fair game. Sorry we're boring.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I've had to put Roswell in time out if I want to eat in peace lately. She'll steal the food out of my mouth if I don't stop her.

Since we got the kitten, I think they know they have us outnumbered now and are acting out accordingly.

I have three cats on two different diets, one on meds for the sniffles, one on meds for an eye infection, Dexter is sitting on the kitchen counter where she knows she doesn't belong, Cosima is playing with something loud on the tile floor while dad takes a nap, and Roswell is insisting on licking my left hand while I type with my right.

Send help.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I’ve only got two but I still feel you. One’s a horrible food thief, one keeps getting the wink eye, and now they cooperate causing chaos.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

We're having a lazy Sunday. I'm reading, fiancee is doing homework, and the cat is sleeping in a sunbeam next to the heatvent snoring.

He's going to be wired when it's actually bedtime.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Question about my cat. She's making weird sounds when chewing. Grindy sounds. Like she's chewing on a carrot.

Her mood is fine and she's eating her food as normal but no matter what she eats she makes the carrot grinding sound.

At first I thought it was her dry food but then she made the same sound while eating peas and corn (she gets a teaspoon when I cook because she won't stop mewling until she gets some) and she makes the exact same sound when chewing grass or eating a dry leaf on the hallway floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Katt posted:

Question about my cat. She's making weird sounds when chewing. Grindy sounds. Like she's chewing on a carrot.

Her mood is fine and she's eating her food as normal but no matter what she eats she makes the carrot grinding sound.

At first I thought it was her dry food but then she made the same sound while eating peas and corn (she gets a teaspoon when I cook because she won't stop mewling until she gets some) and she makes the exact same sound when chewing grass or eating a dry leaf on the hallway floor.

I'm pretty sure you have a cat.