Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Phy posted:

Any person who quotes that song deserves the same imo

fixed

Oh, poo poo, Uh, here, have a page from today's Batman:

Senior Woodchuck fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Senior Woodchuck posted:

fixed

Which Batman issue is that from? I love me the Batman/ Catwoman pairing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Senior Woodchuck posted:

fixed

This was traced on poser right

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

fixed

Are Bruce and Selina back together?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

10 Beers posted:

Nope, it's a dream thing.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

10 Beers posted:

no, and i'm still peeved about it.

also, 10:47 :goonsay:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Go-Bots is cool.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
from Captain Marvel Adventures #35

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Senior Woodchuck posted:

fixed

I'm surprised Dick never changed it to 4:20.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Esplanade posted:

I'm surprised Dick never changed it to 4:20.

That's definitely more of a Plastic Man move

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

TwoPair posted:

That's definitely more of a Plastic Man move

Idk, it could totally be a Dick move.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Step 1: Marry Hitler

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #1 and #2

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

har de har har (Fantastic Four: Atlantis Rising #1)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doom is super curious about that bottled city

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pastry of the Year posted:

har de har har (Fantastic Four: Atlantis Rising #1)

Johnny's been working out.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

prefect posted:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

prefect posted:

He just heats the thin layer of air between his skin and suit to puff out his uniform.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Golden age comics making fun of Hitler and his inner circle is great. It makes me wish there were superhero comics during other wars so I could read about Captain America slamming confederates...

Actually, why isn't there a comic book about Captain America punching out Robert E. Lee?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Random Stranger posted:

Golden age comics making fun of Hitler and his inner circle is great. It makes me wish there were superhero comics during other wars so I could read about Captain America slamming confederates...

Actually, why isn't there a comic book about Captain America punching out Robert E. Lee?

Captain America's track record for backing the government side in Civil Wars is less than stellar. :v:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Suleman posted:

Source: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #1 and #2

You missed the bit where the kids don't know who Spider-Man is.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Random Stranger posted:

One thing I've learned from following the newspaper comics megathread over the past year or so is that the funnies had a fascinating array of responses to WWI and WWII. I feel like one could also write a whole book on superhero comics and Vietnam.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Hitler's a lucky guy, marrying Patrick Warburton like that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1088494742328000518
Sorry if this is technically spoilers for Exiles just saw it pop in my feed

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Endless Mike posted:

You missed the bit where the kids don't know who Spider-Man is.

I don't think they did.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1088494742328000518
Sorry if this is technically spoilers for Exiles just saw it pop in my feed

Exiles is too good

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Random Stranger posted:

Gavok posted:

Hitler's a lucky guy, marrying Patrick Warburton like that.

the actual context of this is more batshit insane and incredible than either of y'all could possibly imagine.

that's not Hitler. that's the Reverse Hitler from Macro-World (which our universe is just an atom within), named Reltih. he is in the process of marrying into the Reverse British Royal Family, which Captain Marvel notes will cause Hitler to marry into the Royal Family in our world. Captain Marvel solves this by marrying Reverse Hitler himself.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the actual context of this is more batshit insane and incredible than either of y'all could possibly imagine.

that's not Hitler. that's the Reverse Hitler from Macro-World (which our universe is just an atom within), named Reltih. he is in the process of marrying into the Reverse British Royal Family, which Captain Marvel notes will cause Hitler to marry into the Royal Family in our world. Captain Marvel solves this by marrying Reverse Hitler himself.

*looking pointedly at Superman* your fave could never

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
i have so many questions

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
So that means Captain Marvel also married OUR Hitler?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

John Dyne posted:

So that means Captain Marvel also married OUR Hitler?

Jesus loving Christ it's like you numbskulls have never read a comic book before.

If regular Captain Marvel marries Reverse Hitler, then regular Black Adam marries Literally Hitler.

This is not that loving hard.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Intuitively I feel like if Captain Marvel marries Reverse Hitler than that means Reverse Captain Marvel and Hitler get divorced.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Toshimo posted:

Jesus loving Christ it's like you numbskulls have never read a comic book before.

If regular Captain Marvel marries Reverse Hitler, then regular Black Adam marries Literally Hitler.

This is not that loving hard.

But wait if Reverse Hitler had married Princess Diana, he'd be in the royal family, and by the explanation, that means Literally Hitler was ALSO in the Royal Family by marriage. But it's just marrying into the same family, hence Literally Hitler marrying into the Marvel family by marrying Black Adam.

Does that mean Literally Hitler would have been a blushing bride to Prince Charles?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I like how Hitler looks like he came out of a Hergé comic.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

John Dyne posted:

But wait if Reverse Hitler had married Princess Diana, he'd be in the royal family, and by the explanation, that means Literally Hitler was ALSO in the Royal Family by marriage. But it's just marrying into the same family, hence Literally Hitler marrying into the Marvel family by marrying Black Adam.

Does that mean Literally Hitler would have been a blushing bride to Prince Charles?

It’s either that or Hitler marries the Queen.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Samuringa posted:

I like how Hitler looks like he came out of a Hergé comic.

No joke, golden age Captain Marvel looks and reads great and it's right up there with Eisner's Spirit and Cole's Plastic Man. It does have a helping of unfortunate golden age racism, though. The Japanese characters are bad, Captain Marvel's African-American sidekick is worse. On the other hand, every other story between 1941 and 1945 feature Hitler throwing a temper tantrum. The best stories of that era were written by Otto Binder, who was responsible for all the fun things in Superman's silver age.

If you read any single golden age Captain Marvel story it needs to be "The Monster Society of Evil" which ran in Captain Marvel's quarterly magazine for about 25 issues. It started with Captain Marvel confronting Japanese aggression in Asia before they got any ideas of attacking US territories and ends with the villain being angry that his allies in Germany had been defeated. Well, that's not the actual ending; the actual ending is the execution of a tiny worm in a full sized electric chair. It's one of comic's first long form epics and definitely the first one for a comic book superhero (plenty of comic strips had months long storylines at that point, of course).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Post panels of Hitler throwing a tanty ITT

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Captain America #2

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

I'm the soldier poking his finger up Hitler's nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Very progressive for Cap to not try to force Gay Paris to straighten all the way back in the 40s