Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

My gaming chair is a white leather Barcelona lounge chair because I am not a loving philistine lmao

so what color was it originally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Anora posted:

What light level should I be to do Gambit? I always feel under leveled.

Banged out Sleeper Simulant, Polaris Lance, and am working on Ace of Spades, any other easy Exotics I should be looking for?

Against the pve mobs level doesn't matter, it's all normalized.

Against the pvp invaders level does matter, but chances are they'll be using heavy (or rarely supers) that would kill you instantly anyway. If you're not invading then it really won't make a huge difference.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Spanish Manlove posted:

I sleep in a bed with my wife.

Gay

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I got Jotunn and Monarque tonight in back to back forges; 27th and 28th powerful frame.

rng is loving weird

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 24, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Me: I think I probably have a grenade launcher equipped

Also Me:

https://i.imgur.com/pw5arSp.gifv

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I finally bought the annual pass how much work do I have to do before I can start trying to get a jotunn?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I'd call it a fuckton

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

QuasiQuack posted:

I'd call it a fuckton

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

rodbeard posted:

I finally bought the annual pass how much work do I have to do before I can start trying to get a jotunn?

You have to unlock at least the first forge, but that will only give you once chance a week. I’d say unlock at least 2 forges this week, then worry about Izanami next week. Bergusia is already unlocked, but you won’t be able to get Alpha frames without unlocking the other 3 forges.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

rodbeard posted:

You need to get to 650 LL for bergusia

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
Re: D1 Sniping, Destiny 2 is nowhere close to the amount that D1 just aimed for you.
The amount my crosshair deviates from the middle here to give me headshots is disgusting.

https://i.imgur.com/8LAQfdx.gifv

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

For people like me just on the high end of average (1.67 kda, got a lunas last season), it seems like the vendor wishbringer with full choke, slideshot, and snapshot is about as good as it gets. I know it won't have as good base stats as DRB, but if I'm in the skill range I'm in, that's not going to matter too much and it's pretty much perfect if I'm rolling kinetic primary, right?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Emron posted:

For people like me just on the high end of average (1.67 kda, got a lunas last season), it seems like the vendor wishbringer with full choke, slideshot, and snapshot is about as good as it gets. I know it won't have as good base stats as DRB, but if I'm in the skill range I'm in, that's not going to matter too much and it's pretty much perfect if I'm rolling kinetic primary, right?

Yeah that's really good (what does it have on the second column? what is the mw?). I've gotten several wishbringers, I think my best one has slideshot, snapshot, accurized and smallbore, along with range mw.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

actionjackson posted:

Yeah that's really good (what does it have on the second column? what is the mw?). I've gotten several wishbringers, I think my best one has slideshot, snapshot, accurized and smallbore, along with range mw.

Accurized/range MW. It's really good. All you have to do to be able to buy it is reset valor one (maybe only got legendary valor).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
it's the best that archetype can be. if it works for you then cool, use it. precision frame is more consistent though

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I use wishbringer or parcel (or Hawthorne's) as my PVE shotguns and Retold Tale or dust rock as my PVP shotguns

In pve I wanna put out as many shells as I can in a quick amount of time, but pvp I just wanna make sure that my one shot murders the thing in front of me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's really the difference between PVE and PVP in a nutshell- in the former you want sustained DPS so you can either move from enemy to enemy or burn down a giant HP pool, but in PVP you want to each engagement to deliver as close to one player's worth of damage as you can get without going under and then spend all the rest of your perks and tuning on making that one quantum of damage arrive quickly and reliably.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

That's really the difference between PVE and PVP in a nutshell- in the former you want sustained DPS so you can either move from enemy to enemy or burn down a giant HP pool, but in PVP you want to each engagement to deliver as close to one player's worth of damage as you can get without going under and then spend all the rest of your perks and tuning on making that one quantum of damage arrive quickly and reliably.

lucky pants + OS hand cannon is NEW META

https://i.imgur.com/IOqFFoo.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

lucky pants + OS hand cannon is NEW META

specifically a 110 because a 110 body shot will kill after a monarque crit

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

haveblue posted:

I'm unsure on my pve wishbringer but I'm thinking of settling on graverobber/autoloading for pure "never manually reload" ability.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm unsure on my pve wishbringer but I'm thinking of settling on graverobber/autoloading for pure "never manually reload" ability.

Curated Threat Level is godly in pve

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

so what color was it originally
:lol:

MissMarple posted:

Re: D1 Sniping, Destiny 2 is nowhere close to the amount that D1 just aimed for you.
The amount my crosshair deviates from the middle here to give me headshots is disgusting.

https://i.imgur.com/8LAQfdx.gifv
I... what the gently caress?

I played Destiny 1 for almost 700 hours and never noticed the crosshairs jumping around like that. :stare: I may be blind, which would explain my kdr.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Fifty Three posted:

:lol:

I... what the gently caress?

I played Destiny 1 for almost 700 hours and never noticed the crosshairs jumping around like that. :stare: I may be blind, which would explain my kdr.

the ambush scope specifically was very fast and handled flinch very well. it fell out of favor when shortgaze hit the scene and people figured out it gave an AA bump (while ambush actually took AA away).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have a MWK Threat Level with Threat Detector and Trench Barrel and holy gently caress is this thing a total death machine.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/u3iLbTj.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

Good ol' D1 sniper flinch :allears:

d2 still does this btw

Cool Guy did a bunch of testing and found that basically AA will almost always drag the scope to the head even if it was center mass before the flinch

someone else shooting me put my reticle right on this poor dude's head

https://i.imgur.com/WlyodqJ.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 24, 2019

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

What is the point of using lucky pants? I still don't get that exotic.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Free QuickDraw when swapping to a HC.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

its used in blint builds which are a lot more popular with bows. 110rpm hc's can body shot ohk anything that that's been hit by a high impact bow crit. the free quick draw and ammo returns means you never have to reload your hc the entire match.

the play style is fairly high skill ceiling but drat if it doesn't just look cool as gently caress

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Ringing Nail can roll with dragonfly and is well worth the grind if you got a dragonfly mod to pop into it. Reminds me of Geneis Chain

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
it can roll dragonfly AND rampage. ive gotten both but never together

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Curated Ringing Nail looks niiiiiiiiiice

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

i've got one with dragonfly and rampage and it's a wonderful thing

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I have a thousand ringing nails with the two stupid shield breaking perks.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Too bad ringing nail is 450. They just feel weak.

If it was 600

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Peechka posted:

Too bad ringing nail is 450. They just feel weak.

If it was 600

any weapon that increases the amount of rounds required to kill with unbroken line of sight is shitter than anything with a lower rpm

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

any weapon that increases the amount of rounds required to kill with unbroken line of sight is shitter than anything with a lower rpm

Sorry your aim is poo poo. The 450s feel weak, for me at least, compared to 600s. Well, other than the breakneck, but thats its own thing. I would never take them to crucible until they get the buff next week, but gambit was a perfect example for me. doing the breakneck quest, I took many, many ARs from collections to try them to see which is best. And I pretty much had them all. From vanilla to post forsaken. I settled on the 600 suros with rampage from vanilla.

I think for ARs in D2, 600 RPM is the sweet spot.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 600 can out DPS a 450 assuming all shots are landed, and as crits. But that requires more total bullets be landed, and there are harsher penalties for missing a shot or missing a crit.

Real world DPS definitely favors 450, since they're more forgiving and accomplish the job with few total bullets.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Peechka posted:

Sorry your aim is poo poo.

Don't be an rear end. Your posts are almost exclusively objectively incorrect and we do you the courtesy of ignoring them (on this forum)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A 600 can out DPS a 450 assuming all shots are landed, and as crits. But that requires more total bullets be landed, and there are harsher penalties for missing a shot or missing a crit.

Real world DPS definitely favors 450, since they're more forgiving and accomplish the job with few total bullets.

Next weeks AR buff only mentions the 600s and 720s, right? So for crucible youre gonna see more 600s than 450s which are not getting the buff. well if its and actual buff, not any of Bungies .04% bullshit.