Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

evol262 posted:

Dead language, unknown founding, violates multiple principles of Codex: Astartes. Yep, it's fanfic. Isn't there a fanfic thread somewhere?

It's pretty good fanfic as it goes, though. And the heraldry is a nice touch

Please clean up the spelling and grammar if you're gonna subject people to this. I'm not gonna grammar Nazi this :effort: post, but a proofreader who knows the difference between averse and adverse could make this look passable with some editing

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck offffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

PierreTheMime posted:

Are they allowed to arrive from reserve on turn one? Most other units were FAQd to have to wait till turn two.

They arrive before the first turn and are indeed dope.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018

PierreTheMime posted:

Are they allowed to arrive from reserve on turn one? Most other units were FAQd to have to wait till turn two.

They still come in before turn 1, but have to be 9” away from the enemy deployment zone and enemy models. I imagine they didn’t get the same “instead of deepstriking it gets a free move” thing other similar units got because they’re fortifications and can’t actually move.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

Post history. They're the blue and tan bois.

Oh I know. I'm just pushing for you to post them again with your fluff.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

spacegoat posted:

They arrive before the first turn and are indeed dope.

Huh, shows how much I’ve paid attention to that unit. Definitely sounds fun then!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Cooked Auto posted:

Or maybe the series has just become old hat. :cheeky:

you watch your god damned mouth

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeast posted:

you watch your god damned mouth

I meant more in the eyes of BL than the readers.
Even if I still need to get around to reading the Warmaster so I can then get the Anarch.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What are the multiple principles of codex astartes that are violated by Eiferts fluff?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Schadenboner posted:

Seems like they're jumping the gun a little?

It's a pistol you loving dweeb.

Nice dude.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Oh hey, post your army fluff became a thing. Neat.

I like the Iron Hands who mumble a lot. I like quartered shields as well. Keep it up!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What are the multiple principles of codex astartes that are violated by Eiferts fluff?

Off the top of my head:

More than 10 companies
Veterans that weren't Sergeants first
Archaeotech wargear

It's all 1) the tamest poo poo imaginable for a 'violation' and 2) the most pedantic loving thing to literally measure up a dude's custom chapter to the Codex Astartes in the first place.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Stephenls posted:

If I made up custom chapter fluff I wouldn’t ge able to resist turning it into a .pdf with custom org charts and fleet diagrams and poo poo and then I’d have to inflict it on everyone.

Would you sneak any Exalted references into your custom chapter fluff?

If so I'd probably throw you :10bux: for a pdf of it.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Booley posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck offffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I hope some of the new sisters stuff looks like that commissars practical style armor.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Eifert Posting posted:

So in honor of the goon who said no one cares about home-brew chapter fluff I've decided to post my home brew chapter fluff. My plan is to have a larger making-of booklet and fluff booklet for Nova.

Part 1: Chapter, origin and philosophy

This owns, please post more.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I have what might be an immensely stupid Kill Team question. When using the Tactical Re-roll Tactic, you can only re-roll your own rolls, correct? If so, then wouldn't the only application of it to re-roll Injury rolls be for the attacker to try to re-roll a flesh wound into an Out of Action?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

PantsOptional posted:

I have what might be an immensely stupid Kill Team question. When using the Tactical Re-roll Tactic, you can only re-roll your own rolls, correct? If so, then wouldn't the only application of it to re-roll Injury rolls be for the attacker to try to re-roll a flesh wound into an Out of Action?

Or your to hit, or to wound? Or saves

But yes, I usually save mine for the Out of action rolls.

Especially vs loving Necrons

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
In between my big projects I've worked on a bunch of small scale things, kill teams and test models and stuff that I didn't really like enough to do a whole army out of. Here are some of my ghosted projects.

BlackPink

I like this colour scheme a lot and think the Custodes look good, but I absolutely hate the scion models and never want to paint another one as long as I live. They've got so many fiddly little details and so many different materials they take forever and I burned out on 'em after 10. Maybe I'll come back to this later.

Rainbow Ruberics

Similar to BlackPink, I lothed the ruberic marines as models - they're persnicketty jerks who are all about a billion jillion highlights and trim, they're a pain in the rear end, and their poses are incredibly boring and static. I was originally going to do 6 squads, each with a different colour armour pattern and the sorcerer leading the squad from the next colour over, but I gave up after one.

The Fall of Man

Harlequin troupe that re-enacts the Fall of Mankind, each player dressed as a different Primarch. This one stopped because I didn't want to paint the boat which has languished in my to-do pile for over a year now.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Schadenboner posted:

Oh hey, post your army fluff became a thing. Neat.

I like the Iron Hands who mumble a lot. I like quartered shields as well. Keep it up!

Hey do you even remember making this post?

Schadenboner posted:

Hey Corrode, how's it going.

What's the over-under on how long it'll be until you or Booley get someone else to make weird creepy threats against me? Three weeks maybe?

Wanna explain what you're talking about or was this just your standard misfire you've already forgotten about?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

PantsOptional posted:

Sometimes you roll the injury roll yourself, like if you fall off a thing or similar. Attacker re-rolling injury rolls is insanely good though. I kinda think it's a bad decision that they included injury rolls in possible re-rolls for the game. Epically since you're re-rolling all the dice, from a multi damage weapon. I had a friend whose harlequin fusion pistoled a space marine for 5 damage, and by some miracle there was no 4s and we were like 'oh poo poo!' and he just re-rolled and 'out of action', it was kinda anticlimatic.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Strobe posted:

Off the top of my head:

More than 10 companies
Veterans that weren't Sergeants first
Archaeotech wargear

It's all 1) the tamest poo poo imaginable for a 'violation' and 2) the most pedantic loving thing to literally measure up a dude's custom chapter to the Codex Astartes in the first place.

Plus Space Wolves and Dark Angels hit those as well. “12 great companies (technically 13)”
“What is a rift cannon”
Or Black Templars and their crusade fleets, there’s plenty of non codex conduct going on. Custom stuff is fun and lets you create a story.

That aside I have an odd request because I have no idea where to start looking, but does anyone make a case or foam for a 28mm warlord titan?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

That aside I have an odd request because I have no idea where to start looking, but does anyone make a case or foam for a 28mm warlord titan?

KR does (unsurprisingly):
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/VC2
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/VC3

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
He said 28mm :v:

Crab-Stuffed
Jul 24, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

My Stygies army will be lead by John Cena since you can't see them.
Fook Yeah. :rock:

Shockeh posted:

Anyone got any nice examples of non-Black Deathwatch schemes?
I don't know if this count as 'non-black', but you can use Incubi Darkness as a base color, which will give you a subtle blue (green?) black:

Thought I'd share pics of my Deathwatch Commander conversion. I wish I could take credit, but I stole it from a dude on Instagram:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

So the actual branded Kill Team boxes have cards that include a bunch of extra command tactics - is the box the only place these are available? I mean, I am throwing together some teams with old models I have sitting around and I don't really want to be missing anything as gamechanging as the Drukhari "your phantasm grenade launcher can actually kill poo poo".

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Yeah, you get the 5 or six in the rule book, but there are 6 or so extra ones in the faction specific boxes, which are pretty useful.

I'm certain you can find them, but technically, sharing them is ~files~. They're useful, but not super important.

For example, in the book, you get the ork specific:
Krump 'em(+1 str)
Gnasher Squig (Orks source for mortal wounds!)
Dakka Dakka Dakka(Shoot twice!)
Just a flesh wound( save a dude on a 4 plus, never used it)
Grot Shield (situational, but i would rather take 1 boy over 2 grots)
Mek's Special Bomb(never used it)

In the box you get those and:
Dead 'ard(save a mortal wound, never used)
'ere we go, 'ere we go (reroll 1 die instead of 2, never used)
INdiscriminate Dakka (extra overwatch, never used)
Pyromaniak (burnas d6 instead of D3, never used)
Joy ride(used once because it is funny)
Waaaaaaaagh!(Most useful tactic for orks +1 move +1 advance, +1 charge)

Team_q fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jan 24, 2019

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

food court bailiff posted:

So the actual branded Kill Team boxes have cards that include a bunch of extra command tactics - is the box the only place these are available? I mean, I am throwing together some teams with old models I have sitting around and I don't really want to be missing anything as gamechanging as the Drukhari "your phantasm grenade launcher can actually kill poo poo".

Currently, yes. The cards and tactics are exclusive to those boxes.

I don't know if GW intends to release them separately at some point like the Necromunda Cards.

AFAIK, other than buying the box or finding someone who is splitting a set and doesn't want them, the only way to get the cards is :filez:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Huh, I was not expecting another GSC vehicle yet here we are.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I dig it. Also, Hybrid Spotter Lady is super cool.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

PierreTheMime posted:

The rules are neat but I think the model is ugly. Same with the big trucks.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PierreTheMime posted:

Cool. Looks great with swappable weapons. The heavy stubbers don’t look added on though.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I like that new vehicle. It's going to be very hard for me not to go all in on GSC when they come out... I just finished painting the GSC half of Overkill too.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The rules are neat but I think the model is ugly. Same with the big trucks.
I like the looks of it, as I'm generally a fan of the "dune buggy aesthetic." I always liked the little buggies that Forgeworld made for the Elysians too.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

This is the time of new fast attack options. I hope I get new Vipers for craftworld.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

PierreTheMime posted:

This is extremely cool and good

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The new GSC stuff all looks so amazing, I'm glad that a squishy/melee-centric force doesn't appeal to me in gameplay terms or I would already have to buy a second army.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Hencoe posted:

Plus Space Wolves and Dark Angels hit those as well. “12 great companies (technically 13)”
“What is a rift cannon”
Or Black Templars and their crusade fleets, there’s plenty of non codex conduct going on. Custom stuff is fun and lets you create a story.
The big one would be "mixed geneseed from multiple legions"

BA, DA, SW, and every other chapter which gets their own codex have deviated from Codex Astartes in one way or another, though.

Hencoe posted:

Going with a pluckfoam tray from someone is probably your best bet.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Rip some panels off and you got yourself a BoomDakka Snazzwagon.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

He said 28mm :v:

:doh: Just assumed Titanicus for some reason.

TheBigAristotle posted:

This is extremely cool and good

I need at least one of these to convert into an IG outrider. It just begs and screams for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Zark the Damned posted:

Currently, yes. The cards and tactics are exclusive to those boxes.

I don't know if GW intends to release them separately at some point like the Necromunda Cards.

AFAIK, other than buying the box or finding someone who is splitting a set and doesn't want them, the only way to get the cards is :filez:

Gross.