Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Kingdom Hearts has that awful ship shooting thing right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I binged the first 9 stars of Katamari: ReRoll yesterday (maybe that's all the main ones? I didn't see any more). Now I'm going to move on to the constellations.

I have done a couple of them so far but they can be a little frustrating. In particular I tried Ursa Major a few times (the one where you have to pick up a bear) and I kept accidentally running into bears before I could get my Katamari going :(

ursa and taurus are extremely difficult, even with save states getting the largest possible katamari took me a while

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I remember beating KH2 and there's a cutscene after the credits of three people in full plate armor with Keyblades and it's clearly Riku, Sora, and Kairi and I wonder how many times they've re-rendered that scene in the past 13 years to update the resolutions and textures. Most likely it was just ditched as the game continued to morph into whatever strange thing it is now, but I still wonder how much work has been done and scrapped and redone since then.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Over There posted:

I really enjoyed 1+2 but its been just about 10 years since I played them. I'll probably end up checking it out.

the biggest crime of the series is tricking people into thinking the non-numbered games are just side games. what I'm saying is, good luck

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Oxxidation posted:

ursa and taurus are extremely difficult, even with save states getting the largest possible katamari took me a while

Oh there was a little tiny bear under that road cone you rolled over Prince.

No you couldn't have possibly known that.

gently caress you.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I remember beating KH2 and there's a cutscene after the credits of three people in full plate armor with Keyblades and it's clearly Riku, Sora, and Kairi and I wonder how many times they've re-rendered that scene in the past 13 years to update the resolutions and textures. Most likely it was just ditched as the game continued to morph into whatever strange thing it is now, but I still wonder how much work has been done and scrapped and redone since then.

lol at this lack of education

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Been playing Reroll and it’s excellent but man I feel like the difficulty really ramped up a notch with star 6.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I didn't grow up upper class/upper middle class enough to have any Disney nostalgia.

idgi

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Disney Channel cost extra

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

I didn't grow up upper class/upper middle class enough to have any Disney nostalgia.

technically i did but i twigged on pretty early disney singing cartoons were for baby childrens so i never paid much attention to them and now that i'm an adult i'd care less about that but also not having the nostalgia factor means i don't really give a poo poo anyway

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 24, 2019

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Saint Freak posted:

Oh there was a little tiny bear under that road cone you rolled over Prince.

No you couldn't have possibly known that.

gently caress you.

The one that got me most recently is there's a couple bears driving a little moped down the street, so sometimes they'll just ram into your Katamari when you try to cross lol.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Disney Channel cost extra

Oh I didn't realize those shows weren't available on free TV in america. I thought most people saw the big movies at some point at least.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Andrast posted:

Oh I didn't realize those shows weren't available on free TV in america.

Free TV in America consisted of like 8 channels in the 90's.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'd kind of like to get into kingdom hearts but I haven't had time to play through the entire series also Disney does absolutely nothing for me so it's hard

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i never had the disney channel but my uncle did have like six kids of varying ages so when i'd go to grandma's after school she was usually taking care of one of the younger ones and he always included a couple movies they could watch. I think my uncle basically had a wall of disney vhs at one point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

content posted:

Free TV in America consisted of like 8 channels in the 90's.

That's more than Finland had and we still got those :colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I forget at what point VHS tapes became affordable enough to just purchase outright, I remember there was a time when the tapes were like $100 which was why rental places were such a big deal

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Harrow posted:

How'd you hurt your thumb? I had to get stitches in mine a few months ago and had the whole thing wrapped up for like a week and a half so I played a bunch of games I could mostly play with a mouse like Civ 6

Kitchen accident. I should get them out in about a week. It's given me a little more inclination to play fighting games at least, since the part of my thumb with stitches isn't really involved.

lets hang out posted:

I'd kind of like to get into kingdom hearts but I haven't had time to play through the entire series also Disney does absolutely nothing for me so it's hard

The Disney stuff is mostly just window dressing at this point. Embrace the anime.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
The Disney Vault was just code word for its development of the Disney Channel app.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
When I was a kid the only kids channel we had was Nickelodeon, then at some point we moved states and the new cable package also had Cartoon Network and I was beyond stoked. We never had the Disney channel.

A kid down the street did and I stopped talking to him after I came by his house after school to see if he wanted to play outside and he yelled "Not while I'm watching Quack Pack!!" and slammed the door in my face.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I binged The kingdom hearts collection over the last month. Now I'm playing Yakuza Kiwami.

Make Majima a Disney princess.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There is no reason Bayonetta shouldn't be in Kingdom Hearts, really

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

still haven't met goromi, I see

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

she's not a square enix or disney character?

edit: oh i didn't see the post above yours

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bayonetta has been on the Disney Channel when she won at Evo

content
Feb 13, 2014

Andrast posted:

That's more than Finland had and we still got those :colbert:

:capitalism:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bayonetta has been on the Disney Channel when she won at Evo

haha do they really show esports tournaments on the disney channel these days? i know one of the espns had a street fighter thing once

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

haha do they really show esports tournaments on the disney channel these days? i know one of the espns had a street fighter thing once
They did on Disney XD, but I don't know if they still do. They aired stuff like EVO and the Overwatch League.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

Their spin off channel disney dx or whatever shows parts of evo and some overwatch i think

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm gonna wait on KH3 to see if a PC release pops up but I'm not gonna go back and play the old ones first. Like you just gotta accept that you're gonna be lost lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Haha, is that why they had to ban some of the Street Fighter outfits for being ~~TOO SEXYY~~?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have not played a Kingdom Hearts game but maybe one day!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think that was espn's deal but it would make more sense if it were disney i agree

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Saint Freak posted:

Haha, is that why they had to ban some of the Street Fighter outfits for being ~~TOO SEXYY~~?

I'm banned for the same reason

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ESPN and the Disney Channel are both owned by Disney so it was all one big package deal I am guessing

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i think that was espn's deal but it would make more sense if it were disney i agree

friendly reminder that Disney owns espn

e: gosh darn it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah on ESPN. EVen though it was less revealing than the average cheerleader outfit and also a digital render

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

huh i did not know that. outside of videogamery politics i'm pretty in the dark on who owns who.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Does Kingdom Hearts have my favorite childhood Disney property because maybe then I would check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjI0TdvVbqI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

PlushCow posted:

Does Kingdom Hearts have my favorite childhood Disney property because maybe then I would check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjI0TdvVbqI

probably the only disney property I remember in any genuine detail

god this show was incredibly my poo poo. probably still is, wonder if I should give it a rewatch (never meet yer heroes, etc)