Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Ciaphas posted:

god this show was incredibly my poo poo. probably still is, wonder if I should give it a rewatch (never meet yer heroes, etc)

Yes, it is still very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

probably the only disney property I remember in any genuine detail

god this show was incredibly my poo poo. probably still is, wonder if I should give it a rewatch (never meet yer heroes, etc)
Just don't watch the third season and you'll be fine.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
That’s the one where they kicked out Greg Weisman, right?

Guy had the most talent with the worst luck until recently

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Steve Yun posted:

That’s the one where they kicked out Greg Weisman, right?
Yeah.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Accordion Man posted:

Just don't watch the third season and you'll be fine.

I rewatched it last summer and it's still good, and I did skip the 3rd season. Show ends fine at the end of season 2. I hope it comes back someday, there was the Get Out director Jordan Peele reportedly wanting to make a Gargoyles live action, but Disney held off https://www.slashfilm.com/jordan-peele-gargoyles-movie/

quote:

Rushfield suggests that because Peele’s take on Gargoyles doesn’t fit neatly within Disney’s branded silos (live-action fairy tale, Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel), the studio sees it as too much of a risk. He characterizes the company’s lack of decisiveness as being based on the paralyzing fear of not wanting to turn down a project that may turn out to be a great idea.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Spectacular Spider-Man was also really drat good and was my favorite adaption of Spidey until PS4 Spidey and Into the Spiderverse came around.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh hey sunless skies is out on the 31st. Neat. I have one week to finish VC4 I guess but I think I'm pretty close to the end.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

too many puns

i cant take it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I do not trust these KH3 reviews because Kingdom Hearts fans are crazy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My kingdom hearts story: the one time I went to a video game music orchestra event, they played a long kingdom hearts song and showed cinematics from the game(s) on the screens, with goofy and the main anime boy doing flips or whatever, and my very patient girl friend at the time whispered to me, “what is this poo poo” (I’m paraphrasing) and I just shrugged and grimaced

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I do not trust these KH3 reviews because Kingdom Hearts fans are crazy

Honestly it seems like a really hard game to review as a whole package. There's probably plenty to talk about in terms of the combat and level design and how fun that is, but when you need to talk about the story and presentation, it's just... where do you even start? Who is your review aimed at--are you reviewing it from the perspective of a casual Kingdom Hearts fan? Someone totally new to the series who just thinks this game looks like a fun Disney RPG? The diehard Kingdom Hearts fan who knows every name and form Xehanort has taken and exactly where Aqua, Ven, and Terra are now and why you should care? Because all three are totally different things.

I guess the best you can do is review it from your own perspective, but then if you're not a Kingdom Hearts superfan you're just going to get torn up by them because you were insufficiently reverent towards the ~*~deepest lore~*~

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RE2 is a lot harder than the demo had me believe

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Harrow posted:

Honestly it seems like a really hard game to review as a whole package. There's probably plenty to talk about in terms of the combat and level design and how fun that is, but when you need to talk about the story and presentation, it's just... where do you even start? Who is your review aimed at--are you reviewing it from the perspective of a casual Kingdom Hearts fan? Someone totally new to the series who just thinks this game looks like a fun Disney RPG? The diehard Kingdom Hearts fan who knows every name and form Xehanort has taken and exactly where Aqua, Ven, and Terra are now and why you should care? Because all three are totally different things.

I guess the best you can do is review it from your own perspective, but then if you're not a Kingdom Hearts superfan you're just going to get torn up by them because you were insufficiently reverent towards the ~*~deepest lore~*~

They should get the same people who blew up the first two to review it

That is, 14 year old anime fans who are bad at video games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My planned video game schedule was VC4, then hollow Knight, then an rpg of some kind but with sunless skies coming out I gotta rethink the whole thing

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

My kingdom hearts story: the one time I went to a video game music orchestra event, they played a long kingdom hearts song and showed cinematics from the game(s) on the screens, with goofy and the main anime boy doing flips or whatever, and my very patient girl friend at the time whispered to me, “what is this poo poo” (I’m paraphrasing) and I just shrugged and grimaced

lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Guys. I'm incredibly excited to play Resident Evil 2 tonight.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Have fun, I'm probably going to play some more RE4. I just got Ashley and trying to get to the second chopper. No clue what to expect.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Over There posted:

Have fun, I'm probably going to play some more RE4. I just got Ashley and trying to get to the second chopper. No clue what to expect.

The first time playing through Resident Evil 4 is a special time in a gamer's life.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

Guys. I'm incredibly excited to play Resident Evil 2 tonight.

+1

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i played re4 at least 5 times through and though i've also played re5 and re6 (and re2 a million years ago on n64) i have no real desire to pick up the re2 remake because i know in my heart i've already experienced the best the resident evil series has to offer multiple times

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Be careful with your ammo

Don't be like me

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Life is Strange Ep. 2 tonight with the wife, then RE2 when she's in bed. :twisted:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

i played re4 at least 5 times through and though i've also played re5 and re6 (and re2 a million years ago on n64) i have no real desire to pick up the re2 remake because i know in my heart i've already experienced the best the resident evil has to offer multiple times

This post makes me sad.

RE 7 was a treat, and RE 2 is rightly regarded as one of the bests of the series, people have been clamoring for a remake of it for ages. Buuuut if you just want action out of RE and not survival horror, then I guess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i played re4 at least 5 times through and though i've also played re5 and re6 (and re2 a million years ago on n64) i have no real desire to pick up the re2 remake because i know in my heart i've already experienced the best the resident evil series has to offer multiple times

There's room for more

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

video games can't scare me so survival horror holds very little appeal yes

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

Well from that statement, you haven’t played REmake, so you’re wrong

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

survival horror isn't scary and never has been

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

video games can't scare me so survival horror holds very little appeal yes

I like survival horror more for its tension. Like the health and item management, the "oh poo poo do I fight or run" or "do I need to take this item with me or leave it so I have space for something more important" aspects of it. Resident Evil has always been schlocky B-movie horror, I don't necessarily turn to it to be outright scared.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Well look at the big boys who can't get spooked

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I cry at sad games, get scared at horror games and laugh at funny games, embrace your video game emotions

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Life is Strange Ep. 2 tonight with the wife, then RE2 when she's in bed. :twisted:

I'm going to do my best to play RE2 strictly when my wife is around. When I played the demo she had taken an Ambien and said "this is the worst poo poo to see right before taking a sleeping pill" though she did like watching the RE7 playthrough and was mad when I encountered Marguerite without her ("how could you fight a bugvagina woman without ME"). Should be real fun to experience together as Mr. X stomps around the police station.

corn in the bible posted:

survival horror isn't scary and never has been

P.T. to this day is the only game that has given me nightmares. "Look behind you" happened as my brother and I played through the first time and we were both loathe to obey the radio lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kanfy posted:

I cry at sad games, get scared at horror games and laugh at funny games, embrace your video game emotions

Pretty sure a decent proportion of posters in this thread don't have any

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MMF Freeway posted:

Well look at the big boys who can't get spooked

it's like that twitter post about cyber bullying but with "video game scares"

content
Feb 13, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

it's like that twitter post about cyber bullying but with "video game scares"

Video games are pretty much the only medium that can get me genuinely creeped out and I love it.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Cowcaster posted:

Yeah I'm never playing another Zelda game because Link's Awakening is GOAT and they will never make another good Zelda game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not every survival horror game is going to make you piss yourself but the tension of a big dumb tyrant stalking you at every moment is fun and cool. Not enough games have an enemy that relentlessly follows you and "breaks" the feeling of safety in areas you presume to be home-free.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
If you can play Amnesia: The Dark Descent alone, in a dark room, with headphones on and not get even a little scared, welp you miiiiight be dead inside

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s the jump scares that I hate. Such frustratingly cheap and easy way to prompt a reaction

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

videogames aren't real so how can they be scary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Got to first Birkin and decided to call it a night.

RE2 too good.