Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Bolow posted:

There's no good option, but the least poo poo one is probably not enabling some loving fascists so they can privatize the oil reserves after they seize power.

But poo poo this is basically us_latin_america_policy.txt. Gonna loving laugh real loving hard when the pissgolem stands down because daddy told him no though.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1088392989125341184

The opposition aren't fascists and Maduro's already sold most of the oil reserves to China. The idea that the opposition is somehow just as bad is an utter fantasy and displays a deep ignorance about why the country is in the situation that it's in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The opposition aren't fascists and Maduro's already sold most of the oil reserves to China. The idea that the opposition is somehow just as bad is an utter fantasy and displays a deep ignorance about why the country is in the situation that it's in.

So is China gonna invade to protect their interests?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Can finish at least one of current wars before starting a new one?

No, it's fine. I'll explain it again.
You never start a land war in Asia. Unless you start two, then the negative and negative turns to a positive.
Venezuela isn't in Asia. Ergo, victory!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
can you imagine next year when we're getting IED'd to hell and back in both Venezuela and Iran lmao

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
just lol if you think we’ll make it to 2020

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
High School classes learning about the French Revolution must be fuckin' lit right now

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

High School classes learning about the French Revolution must be fuckin' lit right now
You think American kids could find France on a map. That's cute.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Thinking about that dude in Liverpool that went :killdozer: after his pay was two weeks late. Tomorrow Feds will be four weeks late.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

I wouldn't say that about WI, if you for example drive from Chicago to Minneapolis once you go past Madison or Milwaukee the largest town you go through is a small tourist trap.

Ohio is definitely what you say though, you're never too far from a moderately sized city.

Well, the interstate is routed kind of oddly and doesn't go through the cities themselves, but Western WI has Eau Claire and La Crosse which are both in that 100k or so range. But going north or south from Milwaukee there are a bunch of those kinds of places.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

LongDarkNight posted:

Thinking about that dude in Liverpool that went :killdozer: after his pay was two weeks late. Tomorrow Feds will be four weeks late.

if Americans weren't such cowards there'd be mobs of people turning over police cars and burning banks down in multiple cities. Look at France; those fuckers are completely ungovernable over a few cents per liter of diesel in a country where there are usable train networks

instead we're like hmm maybe the 70 year old indian is the bad guy, not the crowd of jeering teens from a private all-white all-boys school also have you heard there might be some black people to blame even though they're not in the video?

Re: midwest cities
I see a few job listings here and there around Minneapolis, so I was kind of considering there after I graduate, but I heard the winters are dogshit which my partner is also very turned off by

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Anyone who thinks a Minneapolis winter is rough is a wimp.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Yeah, windchill is only -17 F today.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DownByTheWooter posted:

winters are dogshit

Not for long

:clint:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

Um you're crazy. Minneapolis is like 10-15 degrees colder than Milwaukee or Chicago in Winter. I'm a lifelong resident of the area and that fact is a huge reason why I don't move to Minneapolis since it's otherwise a really cool city. As to the climate here I wouldn't judge the other midwestern cities by Minneapolis, yes it's cold and it snows but it's not really notably worse than any other northern city like say in New England.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/1088457317945724934?s=20

:patriot:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Bah. Up north during the 13'-14' winter it dropped below zero every night for 2 months. This is pretty weak in comparison.

Admittedly it was starting to make me kind of crazy towards the end.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 24, 2019

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I grew up in Fairbanks. Gets down about -50 F every winter when I was living there.

I do not live there anymore, and would not want to move back. It's loving cold.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

And if the kid had gone untreated and developed a tonsillar abscess that could have turned into a systemic infection and killed them, what then?

What a stupid loving country we live in.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Crakkerjakk posted:

I grew up in Fairbanks. Gets down about -50 F every winter when I was living there.

I do not live there anymore, and would not want to move back. It's loving cold.

Lived there for 3 years, can confirm/agree on all counts (gently caress that place).

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Alaska would be great without all the Alaskans there.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

we're getting a goddamn downpour today and its in the 50's.

last saturday we got about 6" of snow and a fuckload of ice, temps were negative with the wind chill

this winter sucks

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dropping to -2 tonight with a high of 9 tomorrow.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Been a super mellow PNW winter. No snow sadly.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Should be starting to snow in the Springs right now. Calling for an inch or so. About the same we got the other night during that baby blizzard.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
We've had -20 temperatures all week, and it dropped about another foot of snow last night before turning into rain. Supposed to be back around 0 tomorrow night.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Hey I heard you fuckers were bitching about the cold.

It’s -29C out right now get on my level.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Bolow posted:

Maduro loving sucks but Guadio is just straight up loving worse. Imagine you take Bolsnaro's fascist bullshit and then add in a dash of racism and bunch of murder.

https://twitter.com/MikePrysner/status/1088172453233188864

Careful clicking the actual twitter thread because there's a dude being lit on fire in that timeline

They're calling themselves a "anti-imperialist" so I'd say take their claims with a bit of salt, because that's generally a dog whistle for the "SO WHAT if Stalin starved 6 million Ukranians to death! they were kulaks and deserved it! also it didn't happen!" left-authoritarian types.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

It'll be that cold next week in the twin cities. I'm sure it'll be -40 with the wind chill.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Isn't that about the point where you don't have to really specify C or F?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thats why I didn't specify, yes.

(-40 F = -40 C)

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

FrozenVent posted:

no thanks I'm good

I'll stick to my -10c and watch people in their Canada Goose jackets pretend they're on an arctic expedition.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

We got almost that cold for 2 weeks last winter down in MD. Stupid polar vortex.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Whiteface hit -107f because of windchill last week i was told. Even i don't like winter enough to go skiing in that poo poo

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Stravag posted:

Whiteface hit -107f

What the gently caress you call me?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Currently -8 Freedom Units, alegedly feels like -33.

Downtown MNLPS is cool, the sprawl around it is literally the worst.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

pantslesswithwolves posted:

And if the kid had gone untreated and developed a tonsillar abscess that could have turned into a systemic infection and killed them, what then?

What a stupid loving country we live in.

all that potential economic value, squandered

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

hobbesmaster posted:

poo poo's frozen.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LingcodKilla posted:

Been a super mellow PNW winter. No snow sadly.

It did hail in Astoria

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Meanwhile in CA, the flowers on my balcony are growing nicely.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Last week in LA it was 50°F and raining. It has been the WORST winter Ive experienced here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I was in Honduras all last week :smug: