Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
A 6+ FNP that gives a unit a 6+D6 advance move seems really good for a forward advance vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

A 6+ FNP that gives a unit a 6+D6 advance move seems really good for a forward advance vehicle.

It's not 6+D6 advance, it's just a full 6" without needing to roll for it, I think.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Inspector_666 posted:

It's not 6+D6 advance, it's just a full 6" without needing to roll for it, I think.

Yeah, it would be a bit ambiguous if it didn't include it but the "no dice roll is necessary" is a solid indicator.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I know I've seen similar abilities on other units, I was wondering how the language compared? Pretty sure at least one of them says 'moves an additional 6" instead of rolling' which is a bit clearer.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Speakin' of GSC, have some crosspost painted models:

PierreTheMime posted:

Progress report:
Finally got around to painting some cultists and mutant freaks.

One day I will get my lighting right, but it will not be this day. :smith:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welcome to Hell.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zark the Damned posted:

I know I've seen similar abilities on other units, I was wondering how the language compared? Pretty sure at least one of them says 'moves an additional 6" instead of rolling' which is a bit clearer.

Gotcha, the additional was what was throwing me off, seems kind of unnecessary.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Hustlin Floh posted:

Welcome to Hell.

Those are amazingly goofy.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Hustlin Floh posted:

Welcome to Hell.

These are amazing

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk

Goddamnit, we don't need more of these pieces of poo poo.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

evol262 posted:

These are amazingly bad

ftfy

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Wanted to test this awful app/imgur dealie and also I guess share a minor bit of hobby progress on my steel legion kill team on a sick day from work.

I ordered some 3rd party steel legion-alikes to convert into flamer/special weapon guys. Their left hands were clasping too tight to fit the chunky flamer that I think is from an old catachan kit so I've spliced in the narrower grip from the guns they came with. Also pictured my first attempt at a press mold with oyamaru (unbranded blue stuff) trying to get a copy of the rebreather apparatus from the half painted steel legion sergeant. I used way too much milliput but I figure I'll be able to carve it down after.

If it goes well I will try making a press mold of the modified flamer for future use.

I was also considering removing the canister from the flamer and attaching to his belt or something instead, with a hose to attach to the bottom of the gun, but not sure if I'm bothered.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Don't be so quick to judge, here's the actual image.

oh wait, carry on.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

They really need helmets to work in my meaning, kind of like the DEldar Scourges.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Cooked Auto posted:

They really need helmets to work in my meaning, kind of like the DEldar Scourges.

Helmets would help, as would throwing them in the loving bin

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

I finished the bottle of sotek I was using and when I opened the new one it was a ever so slightly different shade, does not seem too noticeable after washes and highlights though.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corrode posted:

Helmets would help, as would throwing them in the loving bin

Ummmmm... sorry, but according to people on facebook who still use "over 9000" these are actually really good and totally worthy of taking up a release slot that could be used to flesh out the sumpkroc faction.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

richyp posted:

oh wait, carry on.

Why do I have to hate these again?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

I dunno. :shrug: But apparently you have to do it.
They almost have a slight Flash Gordon Hawkmen vibe to them that I can appreciate. Interesting choice not to have them in power armor.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

Because they look like trash and are yet another example of fw releasing random custodes poo poo that doesn't currently have rules rather than continuing to release units that actually have rules but no models. They showed off a dreadnought drop pod months ago and the atomantic pavise at least a year ago, and they still haven't actually released them.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booley posted:

Because they look like trash and are yet another example of fw releasing random custodes poo poo that doesn't currently have rules rather than continuing to release units that actually have rules but no models. They showed off a dreadnought drop pod months ago and the atomantic pavise at least a year ago, and they still haven't actually released them.

The pavaise was literally two and a half years ago

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
You can just hope that the datasheet will be usable instead of random poo poo jumbled together with rules that directly conflict

"gently caress off, kitbash it, but here's another Primaris lieutenant/whatever" has been a pretty solid stance even for 40k. How long since sonic dreads were able to be purchased?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

I see the box poo poo sans models on ebay a lot (or the other way) .
This guy has them frequently - (search for) seller:aa-wargames

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evol262 posted:

You can just hope that the datasheet will be usable instead of random poo poo jumbled together with rules that directly conflict

"gently caress off, kitbash it, but here's another Primaris lieutenant/whatever" has been a pretty solid stance even for 40k. How long since sonic dreads were able to be purchased?

This doesn't even make sense

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Inspector_666 posted:

I love them. I dig the Flash Gordon/Flying Monkey Wizard of Oz kinda theme to them.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ghost Hand posted:

I love them. I dig the Flash Gordon/Flying Monkey Wizard of Oz kinda theme to them.

The heads seem a little incorguous for my image of the Custodes but yeah I think they look cool. I am apparently very out of touch with the FW criticisms at large though, and I plan to keep it that way!

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

The custodes suck rear end

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I thought those were chaos 30k raptors on my phone.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

The criticisms are mostly coming from we humble 30k Players and Collectors who have been playing our doomed game for several years. There are units that have had army listings in-game for many of those said several years, but no models. Forge World keeps releasing new Custodes units (that do not have rules in any previously-published book) for an army that many of us feel is out of place in a game that was supposed to be totally focused on marines fighting each other, and seeing the old, Age-of-Darkness poo poo they carried. There, now you know.

Also they're just boring-rear end golden boys lol

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

evol262 posted:

Going with a pluckfoam tray from someone is probably your best bet.

I havnt seen pluckfoam large enough to hold the weapons let alone parts of the body.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I don't mind the model too much but the fact that FW thinks releasing more Custodes is a good idea is mind boggling.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Hustlin Floh posted:

This doesn't even make sense

Forge World has released models with complete nonsense datasheets multiple times and had to immediately errata them. For example, an admech release which added the terrax drill accidentally blocked the entire admech detachment from actually using canticles.

The other part is that "this has rules but no model" is more common that it should be. It's better than it used to be in the past, but it's not currently possible to get a sonic dreads outsider of sketchy Chinese recasters.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
E: quote is not edit

Hencoe posted:

I havnt seen pluckfoam large enough to hold the weapons let alone parts of the body.

Feldherr has 8x10x3" pluck, which covers weapons. Multiple trays (with 2 plucked and turned face-to-face to make a hollow) might work if the legs can be separated. Warlord is, what, 17" tall?

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

richyp posted:

I have Custodes. I'll pass on these Raptors.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

I thought those were chaos 30k raptors on my phone.

Same here. I assumed they were some kind of new CSM model given their shape language.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

I'd love to see some of the minor chapter characters get models, but my guess is that will never ever happen :(

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I've always thought of Goldar from Power Rangers when I see Custodes, and now my thoughts are reality.

Any requests?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Hencoe posted:

That aside I have an odd request because I have no idea where to start looking, but does anyone make a case or foam for a 28mm warlord titan?

If you're going to pay the price of a small car for the Titan I think it would probably be best you invest in a aluminium hardcase to lug it around in. The cases bands lug their amps and speakers around might be worth a try?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Same here. I assumed they were some kind of new CSM model given their shape language.

3rded. Thought they were buddies of the Vigilus CSM Raptor character.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Cessna posted:

I have Custodes. I'll pass on these Raptors.

There are two armies I've never bought any models from: Tau (obvs) and Custodes. After seeing these budget store Raptors and leggings the count will remain at 2 I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Z the IVth posted:

If you're going to pay the price of a small car for the Titan I think it would probably be best you invest in a aluminium hardcase to lug it around in. The cases bands lug their amps and speakers around might be worth a try?

I put my Warhound in a cardboard box full of packing peanuts, it seemed to work ok (nothing broke off).