Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Man, I really thought Gordon would be able to handle the heat better than that.

Yeah, you'd think a guy from a country that made it a point to conquer the New World to sate their desire to eat not-poo poo tasting food would have a better palate for spice but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Someone recommended that Behind the Bastards podcast and I listened to most of the episodes on Zuck. He's an absolute oval office and a weirdo, but in a very malevolent way. Not a harmless autistic robot as he's often portrayed but more like a straight-up sociopath. That man being in charge of one of the biggest tech companies in the world, and also in charge of what happens to all our data... it's deeply disturbing honestly.

Chichevache posted:

Does anyone have a good computer rpg to recommend? I'm looking for something in the vein of gothic, kingdom come, or elder scrolls. Real nerd poo poo.

Didn't know anyone else played Kingdom Come. I'm kinda nuts about that game. Still only about 15 hours into it or so.

In terms of that type of game, you seem to be describing large, AAA or AA RPG style games which are either third person or first person and not top-down, and also are more like fantasy than science fiction. There really aren't that many games fitting that description honestly. Those are expensive games to produce. You didn't mention the Witcher 3, which is the only one that fits that description perfectly.

If you're flexible about the setting, the various Fallout games, especially New Vegas and 4, are definitely RPGs. Less so is Far Cry 5, it's a shooter with RPG elements. I think it's very good though if you can handle that. I'm coming up blank beyond that unless you open it up to top down games, games with simpler graphics and shooters.

I just bought a game called Hong Kong Massacre. It's like a better graphic version of Hotline Miami and I'm kinda psyched

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Trump's plan failed with 51 yes votes to 47 nays (Cotton and Lee voted no while Manchin voted yes) so it died on the floor. Dem funding bill (only runs through feb 8th) is being voted on now. Needs 60 votes to pass.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
So apparently Oladipo ruptured the quad tendon in his knee. :stare:

quote:

Most people with a quadriceps tendon rupture will have​ a swelling of the knee and your doctor will be able to feel the torn tendon just above the kneecap. Visually, if the swelling is not too severe, you can often see a divot or gap where the tear in the tendon is located. X-rays can help your doctor determine if the kneecap was damaged. While an MRI is usually not necessary, your doctor may order the test to evaluate for other damage within the knee joint.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Trump's plan failed with 51 yes votes to 47 nays (Cotton and Lee voted no while Manchin voted yes) so it died on the floor. Dem funding bill (only runs through feb 8th) is being voted on now. Needs 60 votes to pass.

https://twitter.com/deirdrekwalsh/status/1088535298559094784?s=21

:mitt:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He voted yes for both.

Neither is going to pass:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/01/24/us/politics/government-shutdown-live-vote.html

Six republicans voted Y on the Dem plan (all also voted Y on the trump plan), but with only 5 votes left, best possible is 56 of the needed 60.
One democrat (you can guess who) voted Y on the trump plan (as well as the D plan).

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 24, 2019

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
52-44 is final vote on dem bill.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

enderal and nehrim are total conversion skyrim/oblivion mods with a lot of polish

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

52-44 is final vote on dem bill.

who are the cowards obtaining?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I haven't seen votes yet from Ds Ron Wyden (Ore.) and Jacky Rosen (Nev) or from Rs Richard Burr (N.C.), Rand Paul (Ky), and Jim Risch (Idaho), but Mr. Nice! has one more counted vote than I'm seeing in the NYT live chart, so one of those has voted Yes (probably one of the dems).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chichevache posted:

Does anyone have a good computer rpg to recommend? I'm looking for something in the vein of gothic, kingdom come, or elder scrolls. Real nerd poo poo.

I just started Dragon's Dogma and it's fun so far but a little slow.

hifi posted:

arx fatalis and two worlds

Two Worlds loving rules

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Neil Armbong posted:

who are the cowards obtaining?

They’re not present. I’m pretty sure Marco Rubio isn’t there.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Play posted:

You didn't mention the Witcher 3, which is the only one that fits that description perfectly.

I'm like an hour into Witcher 3, and it seems like it is going to be extremely my poo poo. Since the main character has an established personality (instead of being a blank cipher for the player to create), the story and interactions have been better than something like Skyrim. Maybe I'll get to hour five and hate it, but right now it's what I'm planning to spend some real time with this weekend.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

They’re not present. I’m pretty sure Marco Rubio isn’t there.

Rubio is down as Y for the trump plan and N for the dem plan. May I ask what site you're using?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Why didn't your family just take out a loan?

I felt my fist involuntary clenching.

For real though we were massively in debt at one point and it made me realize how utterly hosed up the whole credit card industry is.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Every time I get to Skellinge or whatever in Witcher 3 I get insanely bored and stop playing

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Well color me intrigued

https://twitter.com/thejeffbridges/status/1088481555582996480?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Every time I get to Skellinge or whatever in Witcher 3 I get insanely bored and stop playing

So many question marks all over the map.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Super Bowl commercial I bet

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So many question marks all over the map.

I think they changed the UI to avoid this in some patch or other. But the question marks are still there, just unseen.

It's a very long game.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

General Dog posted:

Super Bowl commercial I bet

The Dude has better not endorse anything, besides maybe some sarsaparilla.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

I can't think of any other good ones recently with the first or third person view (unless you somehow didn't play skyrim or witcher 3). Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin or their sequels were all good and super RPGey but they're old school top down gameplay.

I played both of those. Pillars of Eternity was aight, Divinity is one of my all time favorites.

hifi posted:

arx fatalis and two worlds

Two worlds looks good. I'll check it out, maybe download it today.

C-Euro posted:

I just started Dragon's Dogma and it's fun so far but a little slow.

Dragons Dogma is great. I'd recommend it.

Play posted:

Someone recommended that Behind the Bastards podcast and I listened to most of the episodes on Zuck. He's an absolute oval office and a weirdo, but in a very malevolent way. Not a harmless autistic robot as he's often portrayed but more like a straight-up sociopath. That man being in charge of one of the biggest tech companies in the world, and also in charge of what happens to all our data... it's deeply disturbing honestly.

Didn't know anyone else played Kingdom Come. I'm kinda nuts about that game. Still only about 15 hours into it or so.

In terms of that type of game, you seem to be describing large, AAA or AA RPG style games which are either third person or first person and not top-down, and also are more like fantasy than science fiction. There really aren't that many games fitting that description honestly. Those are expensive games to produce. You didn't mention the Witcher 3, which is the only one that fits that description perfectly.

If you're flexible about the setting, the various Fallout games, especially New Vegas and 4, are definitely RPGs. Less so is Far Cry 5, it's a shooter with RPG elements. I think it's very good though if you can handle that. I'm coming up blank beyond that unless you open it up to top down games, games with simpler graphics and shooters.

I just bought a game called Hong Kong Massacre. It's like a better graphic version of Hotline Miami and I'm kinda psyched

I'm ok with TOP down as well. I just want a ton of variety in my crafting and gear. I'm a sucker for anything as variable as Diablo 2. I'm definitely into Fantasy over scifi.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Dude has better not endorse anything, besides maybe some sarsaparilla.

Unless it's the marijuana commercial they are refusing to air.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

Post 2006 at least please. I'm a baby who needs 3d.

Daggerfall is 3D

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chichevache posted:

I'm ok with TOP down as well. I just want a ton of variety in my crafting and gear. I'm a sucker for anything as variable as Diablo 2. I'm definitely into Fantasy over scifi.

You might like Monster Hunter: World. It's extremely Japanese but the crafting system is very very deep. I'm not crazy about it, personally.

That new Far Cry game, New Dawn, will supposedly be the most RPG one ever. You also might like either of the two recent Assassin's Creeds

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Chichevache posted:

Path of Exile?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

That's exactly what happened to me. Still got like 30+ hours out of it or so

Rectal Placenta posted:

Unless it's the marijuana commercial they are refusing to air.

Speaking of marijuana,

"Bloomberg: Trying to legalize marijuana is 'perhaps the stupidest thing anybody has ever done." He calls marijuana a narcotic and draws a connection between it and overdoses... lmao. gently caress that little goblin

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/426560-bloomberg-trying-to-legalize-marijuana-is-perhaps-the-stupidest

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Since you mention Diablo 2 I've heard good things about Grim Dawn, and seen it directly compared to that. But I haven't played it so :shrug:.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Leperflesh posted:

Rubio is down as Y for the trump plan and N for the dem plan. May I ask what site you're using?

I just didn’t hear his name called. Looks like I was wrong.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Path of Exile?

oh god

If you love customization, this is the way to go. The combinations are endless.

Roll a solo, self found character and you're locked in to single player too.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I played the Witcher 3 for the first time last spring and put 130 hours into it beating the main game, first DLC, and getting to the end of the Blood and Wine DLC. And then I just stopped one day and haven’t felt any desire to pick it up again and finish the last couple quests. It would only take me like one more hour or something but I’ve just had enough of it.

That’s my Witcher 3 story. It was good but is vastly overrated

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just didn’t hear his name called. Looks like I was wrong.

oh OK didn't realize you were listening to it live, lol.

Anyway I think it would have been nice to get to 60, but unless Trump decides not to veto, they need to get to 66. It's still good to see six senate republican Yes votes for Pelosi's bill. It shows there's already cracks in the republican wall (heh), and they could spread.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chichevache posted:

Two worlds looks good. I'll check it out, maybe download it today.

It's actually poo poo, but it's a very fun lovely game. I still recommend it, and recommend that you watch the world-record speedrun of the game sometime.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The only good thing about Two Worlds is that it shares the name with an All Time Goon trainwreck.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I played the Witcher 3 for the first time last spring and put 130 hours into it beating the main game, first DLC, and getting to the end of the Blood and Wine DLC. And then I just stopped one day and haven’t felt any desire to pick it up again and finish the last couple quests. It would only take me like one more hour or something but I’ve just had enough of it.

That’s my Witcher 3 story. It was good but is vastly overrated

I played about 30hrs, then realized I absolutely hated the game. Horrible controls, meh story, lovely gameplay. Way overhyped.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Any recommendation for a game on console that's mindless and you don't need sound to play?

Sometimes I like to catch on audiobooks, podcasts, music, and just need something to look at. Diablo 3 is tired, new Madden ruined draft champions so I'm in the hunt for something new.

Nov 6, 2002

Human Fall Flat.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cash Monet posted:

Any recommendation for a game on console that's mindless and you don't need sound to play?

Sometimes I like to catch on audiobooks, podcasts, music, and just need something to look at. Diablo 3 is tired, new Madden ruined draft champions so I'm in the hunt for something new.

everquest project 1999

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cash Monet posted:

Path of Exile on X-box is basically a lot of Diablo 3 married to a lot of Diablo 2.

Beyond that, the new Forza Horizons was great fun as someone who doesn't play many racing games at all.

Dead Cells is a fantastic rogue-like and a drat good game and on switch and ps4 I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

everquest project 1999

Quake II CTF