Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

after we've had Detox on the show, my perspective of what looks natural is all off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

alf_pogs posted:

after we've had Detox on the show, my perspective of what looks natural is all off

Natural is overrated anyway

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

angerbeet posted:

Oh, so she's not whining, it's just a slow air leak?

lmaoooooooooooooooo

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Latrice's looks are not on par with the other girls. I love the fringe on her bodysuit for a lipsync outfit, but those boots!? I came into this season wanting her to win it all but now I'm somewhat against her coming back and it did feel like misguided fanservice. Her attitude is not endearing her to me either, as many others have said, but I wonder too how much of that is just trying to produce drama for reality tv - it just seems really out of character for her.

Having two episodes in a row where no one goes home really amps down the stakes... snooze. I also think sidelining two of the strongest queens for a whole episode doesn't make for great tv. I like the idea of this format for the Returning Queens episode, but I think it was poorly executed.

Valentina really killed that lipsync, but uh, where was Farrah? I didn't like that they basically edited her out - what was she doing? Was she any good? It seems clear Val was doing better, but at least let me see what her competition offered, I only saw a few seconds of Farrah the entire time. It also makes it really obvious who's going to win when they do that.

I don't think Latrice has the chops to win a challenge at this point. I wonder if there's going to be another moment where Manila has to decide to send her home - that would be an interesting conclusion to the storyline they've created for Manila about saving her friend.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Gonna chime in and agree with pretty much everyone that I love Latrice, but she totally lost that lipsync and I don't think she deserves to win at this point. I do think she got edited to look more "entitled" (ugh), but regardless of attitude she hasn't done anything over-the-top this season, in terms of either performance or looks.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Stroop There It Is posted:

Gonna chime in and agree with pretty much everyone that I love Latrice, but she totally lost that lipsync and I don't think she deserves to win at this point. I do think she got edited to look more "entitled" (ugh), but regardless of attitude she hasn't done anything over-the-top this season, in terms of either performance or looks.

Yes yes, but how do you feel about lip filler

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

DRT S2E2: That photoshoot idea was amazing, and a lot of it reminded me of Dragula's Wasteland Weekend shoot--Bandit was giving me Abhorra realness, and Genie was definitely on that horror train too. I'm starting to prefer DRT over regular Drag Race now that they're more confident in doing their own thing. Plus I like their Werk Room design more.

e: also calling someone a "sea iguana bitch" is pretty wonderful. Gimhuay, I may repeatedly refer to you as mabuhay on accident, but you're rad

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 22, 2019

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Yeah drt seems to be on a whole other level to America right now

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Drag Race Thailand's challenges consistently crack me up. I loved the challenge last year where there was a photoshoot with two other models that both actively tried to block them from getting a good photo.

I'm cheering for Tormai, Kana (Grown up Shin Chan), Bandit and Katy Killer.

And Panpan. Every loving week Panpan.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm saving DRT for after All Stars but drat is it hard. A friend and I binged the first season over Thanksgiving and I was beyond pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it. All of the challenges were a hit (maybe a bit too many advertisement challenges?) and everything felt so fresh compared to American Drag Race at this point. Can't wait to finally start S2. :kimchi:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Chaotic Flame posted:

I'm saving DRT for after All Stars but drat is it hard. A friend and I binged the first season over Thanksgiving and I was beyond pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it. All of the challenges were a hit (maybe a bit too many advertisement challenges?) and everything felt so fresh compared to American Drag Race at this point. Can't wait to finally start S2. :kimchi:

Same. I can't watch DRT in parallel with US Drag Race, because the contestants in DRT are just so much stronger and held to such a higher standard that it makes RPDR feel like a chore.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm pretty sure RPDR S11 is going to drop more or less immediately after AS4 so don't hold on too long

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

angerbeet posted:

I'm pretty sure RPDR S11 is going to drop more or less immediately after AS4 so don't hold on too long

God I hope they wait at least a month. I love having Drag Race on constantly, but I want a buffer to watch DRT2 in!

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
yeah, the back-to-back seasons exhaust me. Going S9-AS3-S10 all in one go was a lot. I want an off-season to get a chance to get excited about the new crop of queens and look up all the ones I don't know about!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I hope they give us a month, if only to ensure the show ends on Super Pride Weekend as is tradition.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Vh1 :bravo2:: can't have too much of a good thing
Rupaul :boobeer:: hold my beer

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A God drat Ghost posted:

yeah, the back-to-back seasons exhaust me. Going S9-AS3-S10 all in one go was a lot. I want an off-season to get a chance to get excited about the new crop of queens and look up all the ones I don't know about!

Yeah, a lot of my friends have stopped watching because they feel they haven't been given enough time to feel excited about the show yet. I'm still watching, I still enjoy it, but I'm not as excited as I used to be. I used to feel like the 3 months out of the year that we had Drag Race wasn't enough, but now it's like 3 months that we don't have Drag Race, and it doesn't feel as special. Especially with an All Stars every year. Not all of these queens are All Stars.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, a lot of my friends have stopped watching because they feel they haven't been given enough time to feel excited about the show yet. I'm still watching, I still enjoy it, but I'm not as excited as I used to be. I used to feel like the 3 months out of the year that we had Drag Race wasn't enough, but now it's like 3 months that we don't have Drag Race, and it doesn't feel as special. Especially with an All Stars every year. Not all of these queens are All Stars.

:same:

I'm happy to see a lot of the girls back, but it seems really soon for some of them, especially the season 10 gals like Monique and Monet who miss out on the "where are they now" effect that I usually enjoy from AS seasons.

Apropos of nothing, I fell down a garbage hole and started watching Toddlers and Tiaras as my background-noise show, and there's an episode with a Vegas pageant that has Derrick Barry (as Britney) and Coco Montrese (as Rihanna) as judges. It's like, hey, I know you!

IMDB said Shangie was there too but some crazy how I missed her in the episode

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Jr. posted:

:same:

I'm happy to see a lot of the girls back, but it seems really soon for some of them, especially the season 10 gals like Monique and Monet who miss out on the "where are they now" effect that I usually enjoy from AS seasons.

Apropos of nothing, I fell down a garbage hole and started watching Toddlers and Tiaras as my background-noise show, and there's an episode with a Vegas pageant that has Derrick Barry (as Britney) and Coco Montrese (as Rihanna) as judges. It's like, hey, I know you!

IMDB said Shangie was there too but some crazy how I missed her in the episode

Pretty sure Alyssa is on as a coach/dance teacher in a couple episodes, too.

E: Ew, there's also that one family where the parents are obsessed with Ru and openly state that they only had children for the pageants because it was the closest thing to raising drag queens. Also, that they only have two kids because their first was a boy- although he had to do the pageants anyways, and IIRC he had a rattail. Oh God that loving show.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 23, 2019

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Pretty sure Alyssa is on as a coach/dance teacher in a couple episodes, too.

E: Ew, there's also that one family where the parents are obsessed with Ru and openly state that they only had children for the pageants because it was the closest thing to raising drag queens. Also, that they only have two kids because their first was a boy- although he had to do the pageants anyways, and IIRC he had a rattail. Oh God that loving show.

Ugh. Now that I've seen more of it, it's a real rollercoaster between "oh, okay, I guess if everyone's having fun, go for it" and "I want a tubal ligation immediately"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The Season 11 reveal is live now.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can't wait to watch it and pretend to act shocked!

There's a Canadian queen this year so I am defaulting to wanting her to win.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

NINA WEST AAAAAAAAA

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This reveal is an hour and a half of pure awkwardness.

I guess my pony is Honey Davenport?

edit: nevermind, Silky and Yvie happened.

Shneak fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 24, 2019

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Silky ftw

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Jr. posted:

Ugh. Now that I've seen more of it, it's a real rollercoaster between "oh, okay, I guess if everyone's having fun, go for it" and "I want a tubal ligation immediately"

I used to watch it while stoned out of my gourd. While in this state, I would refer to it as "My Pretty Pony" and I stand by this renaming.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I liked Silky a lot before the stream - she's a Chicago girl and I've seen her once or twice - but after mtq I'm absolutely enthusiastic about her.

I Stan. :swoon:

Also, how bad is Adam at interviewing? jeez! they were only good when people tore control away from him!

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

Hug in a Can posted:

Also, how bad is Adam at interviewing? jeez! they were only good when people tore control away from him!

Sport man not good at interviews, a proud tradition. Top comment on Youtube is "why does this seem like it was filmed in someone's basement?" and I'm over here like, inquiring minds want to know.

Takes no one cares about (first impressions, due to time constraints):
A'keria Davenport: legendary family, giving me Charlie Hides supervillain
Ariel Versace has a Naomi face and Vanjie body...
Brooke Lynne Heights lookin' like Alexis Michelle with 150% scaling
Honey Davenport: another Davenport, unique look, I hope she does cool/out-there costumes.
Kahanna: ChiChi + Frisbee
Mercedes Iman Diamond: okay I'm getting name fatigue and am becoming an old lady, but you're not fooling anyone, Jaidynn Dior Fierce
Nina West: giving me Trixie DuJour and I love
Plastique Tiara: THAT'S A WOMAN MAURY
Rajah O'Hara: Monique Zahara Benet
Scarlett Envy: Wowza, that's a bold look. Not in a bad way. Girl knows her brand.
Shuga Cain: Love her style already.
Silky Nutmeg Ganache: HELL YEAH I know I'm gonna be riding that train all season
Soju: I'm getting an exquisite corpse vibe from her outfit, it's like the top, middle, and bottom are from different people
Yvie Oddly: Oh poo poo hell yeah

Faves so far, Shuga Cain, Silky, Nina West, Yvie.

Someone please roll a giant box onstage containing a Shangela

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
As a Canadian who was formerly uninterested I now stan Brook Lynne Heights immeasurably and I will cut a bitch

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I didn't watch the reveal but is that a death becomes her front-butt from silky? I might be in love.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Watching all the Meet The Queens shorts made me so loving excited for half these queens. Also Vanjie's one killed me all the way to death "also, what was the question?"

Silky looks like she's going to be amazing, and Scarlet reminded me a surprising amount of That Bitch Tammy Brown this season is going to get good once them fillers leave

Wungus fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 25, 2019

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

In case you've never seen it:

NINA loving WEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45SZVE86HkY&hd=1

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

angerbeet posted:

As a Canadian who was formerly uninterested I now stan Brook Lynne Heights immeasurably and I will cut a bitch

she can dance the house down I will tell you that much.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

NINA WEST AAAAAAAAA

All of my Columbus gays are freaking out about her.

Which, I'm in DC. I think Columbus is one of the best gay cities in the country.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Takes no one cares about, Berzerker edition:

A'keria Davenport: she's pretty, seems like your standard RPDR contestant
Ariel Versace: okay we get it, you think you're a Bratz doll
Brooke Lynne Heights: she came off reserved in her MTQ but having seen her live I know how she can dance, and I hope she does well
Honey Davenport: how come Monet X Change's mom's makeup looks like season 8 Aja? goddamn the lighting in MTQ this season is awful
Kahanna Montrese: looks like she's wearing Legion of Doom shoulderpads if they were made out of deflating balloon animals wtf is that
Mercedes Iman Diamond: first Muslim queen! that's cool!
Nina West: I'll stan any queen that cites Steve Martin as an influence lmao. a charity queen!
Plastique Tiara: She is gorgeous
Rajah O'Hara: wait her middle name is Davenport? how many fuckin Davenports do we got in here? Also we already had a Raja. and several O'Haras!!! what is this name! anyway she's pretty and seems pretty good!
Scarlett Envy: I don't like her face and did not like most of what she said. pass
Shuga Cain: I also like to eat a lot of candy. She looks amazing for 40 imho
Silky Nutmeg Ganache: omg she is so loving likable!
Soju: She seems nice.
MISSSSSSS VAAAAAAAANJIE
Yvie Oddly: I love her laugh and I can't wait to see her not in these dumb MTQ outfits.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
All these queens have dumb names

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Brooke Lynn Hytes is a good drag name imo

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Silky should just win.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Jr. posted:

Top comment on Youtube is "why does this seem like it was filmed in someone's basement?" and I'm over here like, inquiring minds want to know.

They can design a set but they're still lighting it with fluorescent. Holy madre that ruveal was a hard watch.

spite house posted:

Silky should just win.

Also very this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

esperterra posted:

Brooke Lynn Hytes is a good drag name imo

Yeah it's great. Most of them seem fine to me