Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

exactly

i was hoping at least trump wouldve been interested in area 51 and let something slip by this point

Man's not a fan of aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Desert real estate, not a whole lot nearby, nothing to catch his eye from a realtor’s perspective.

This is probably closer to the sad truth than I’m comfortable with :(

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
it's impressive how much of the government has depended on the honor system basically

we have no mechanisms to call for early elections for any reason at all

the government can straight up shut down if they can't agree on funding

etc

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Vasudus posted:

it's impressive how much of the government has depended on the honor system basically

etc

I sort of wonder if this goes on long enough if SCOTUS will step in w/ some case law on this issue. Like this could conceivably be a real constitutional crisis if manbaby doesn't relent on asking for his ridiculous wall.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DoktorLoken posted:

I sort of wonder if this goes on long enough if SCOTUS will step in w/ some case law on this issue.

"With Justice Kavanaugh writing for the majority..."

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

facialimpediment posted:

I've always been astonished by how Trump managed to find the shittiest possible people in career government positions, then promote them.

I'm less surprised by the amount of bullshit he manages to pull with the security state. That structure really is dependant on the President actually giving a poo poo about security and/or the future of the country.

But he's building a wall, he's the only one who cares about security!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BigDave posted:

"With Justice Kavanaugh writing for the majority..."

Hahaha yup.

facialimpediment posted:

I've always been astonished by how Trump managed to find the shittiest possible people in career government positions, then promote them.

I'm less surprised by the amount of bullshit he manages to pull with the security state. That structure really is dependant on the President actually giving a poo poo about security and/or the future of the country.

I've been saying for years now that if somebody pulled off a major terrorist attack a la 9/11 while this imbecile is in office, he's going to make the response from the GWB admin looked restrained. I could see him suspending elections indefinitely. I'm deathly afraid of this poo poo man and it's kept me up before.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Clancy scenario: Mattis grows a pair and crosses the Rubicon :getin:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Woodchip posted:

Man's not a fan of aliens.

This needs more love

:boom:

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
State department orders all non-emergency staff and citizens out of Venezuela. Insiders say trump is preparing a national emergency declaration.

I can't help but feel the two are related.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Arven posted:

State department orders all non-emergency staff and citizens out of Venezuela. Insiders say trump is preparing a national emergency declaration.

I can't help but feel the two are related.

Venezuela is becoming hostile, so the need for the wall to keep their military out is imperative.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

McNally posted:

Venezuela is becoming hostile, so the need for the wall to keep their military out is imperative.

The Venezuelan military is a threat?

Half of them would stay behind in Mexico for the high paying jobs, and the other half would surrender at the border to claim asylum.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Senate GOP is getting very, very leaky.

https://twitter.com/pkcapitol/status/1088641682634170368

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1088641728364593152

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
If the turtle is miserable I’m gladdened slightly.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

etc

A 2 party past the post system is supposed to drive the electorate to a consensus position that makes these kinds of occurrences impossible

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

BigDave posted:

The Venezuelan military is a threat?

Half of them would stay behind in Mexico for the high paying jobs, and the other half would surrender at the border to claim asylum.

No, I mean that’s going to be the justification for Trump’s national emergency.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
F-fracturing of the caucus??

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

McNally posted:

But according to the historical documentary "Red Alert 2" it's the Russians who cross the southern border???

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
cuban airborne unit in colorado

texas? *throws whiskey into fire*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
RA2 owns and I really wish they'd do some sort of re-release with some organic multiplayer support but lmao EA

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

mods changed my name posted:

cuban airborne unit in colorado

texas? *throws whiskey into fire*

Thank you for this

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Syrian Lannister posted:

Thank you for this

avenge me

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Hah, finally my idiot senator Ron Johnson did something to make me happy.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Come on, buddies! Come and get 'em! Shoot straight for once, you Army pukes.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

RA2 owns and I really wish they'd do some sort of re-release with some organic multiplayer support but lmao EA
RA2 is supposed to be supported by OpenRA at some point.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mitch McConnel, the gravedigger.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Casimir Radon posted:

Italy is a loving joke.

*eyeballs current events*

Uhhh...

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

DoktorLoken posted:

Hah, finally my idiot senator Ron Johnson did something to make me happy.

Sounds like bullshit political theater to keep Ron Johnson's favorables high. Who the gently caress confirms a confrontation with the news?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
So how long until a handful of GOP senators become "Independent" and Caucus with the Dems?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The wall isn't a popular idea outside of blood red districts and Johnson doesn't want this held against him

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lol Tillis tried to interrupt Romney and got told to promptly shut the gently caress up. I love it :twisted:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uhhh...
A Natzi! I knew it you're in cahoots!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uhhh...

Takes one to know one :shepicide:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Syrian Lannister posted:

Come on, buddies! Come and get 'em! Shoot straight for once, you Army pukes.

What's a flank?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hahaha yup.

I've been saying for years now that if somebody pulled off a major terrorist attack a la 9/11 while this imbecile is in office, he's going to make the response from the GWB admin looked restrained. I could see him suspending elections indefinitely. I'm deathly afraid of this poo poo man and it's kept me up before.

Our enemies have zero reason to attack us right now. We are burning ourselves down.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1088759936207724545

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

gently caress yes

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

From the sounds of it the whole thing was as dumb as you'd expect.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1088763881617608704

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujcjnEO-YKU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

colachute posted:

Our enemies have zero reason to attack us right now. We are burning ourselves down.

I hate to say it, but historically that's one of the best times to sweep in. Divide and conquer.