Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Batman Arkham Asylum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Zelda II. Definitely a top 15 Zelda game

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

tao of lmao posted:

Dragon Quest XI credits but i understand theres some good post game stuff

credits = game. well done man :cheers:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ol yeller posted:

credits = game. well done man :cheers:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I dont like the act 3 story and the awful music is making it hard to continue as well

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Gaben play megalovania and despacito. Yes! Now yiure playing with power

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom. First JRPG of the year, working on that resolution. Took me a little bit to get into it but I fell in love when I did. Combat was fun, the characters were all likable (protagonists and bit players alike), and while it may not have been as aggressively charming as the first game it was still plenty charming on its own. I think I’m going to come back and plat it at some point, and I never plat games. But only eventually, after 65 hours I’m ready to move on for a bit.

My only real complaint is that it didn’t feel much like a sequel. Ding Dong Dell was about the only thing from the first game that made it into the sequel. None of the monsters return (in fact aside from bosses there’s only like 8 monster designs in the whole game that just get recolored and given new elemental abilities when you enter a new area), DDD is the only returning city, there’s no travel between worlds in gameplay and only once in a cutscene at the very beginning, the whole concept of soulmates is only briefly mentioned once, no fairies even though Lofty is clearly meant as a Drippy stand-in, etc etc. Since I really loved the first game that was a big disappointment. I liked all the new stuff and of course a good sequel can’t just retread the first game, but man give me something.

Salute to Bai Gon, Grimm, Helena, and Marlene for saving the world, the dumb little army mini game was surprisingly addictive

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. DQXI
1a. DQXI post game
2. Devil May Cry 2 (Dante and Lucia discs)
3. Full Metal Furies (4p Co-Op)

Fun little co-op game. I think it probably sucks if you play it by yourself, though.

fadam fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 21, 2019

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I heard that game has a bunch of crazy complicated hidden puzzles like Fez or The Witness or something that reviewers and players never noticed when it came out , when really they compose like half the game

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

goferchan posted:

I heard that game has a bunch of crazy complicated hidden puzzles like Fez or The Witness or something that reviewers and players never noticed when it came out , when really they compose like half the game

IDK about half the game, but you get access to a computer that you can punch different passwords into to get access to secret bosses, and some of the passwords are hidden in the level backgrounds like in Fez.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
2. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Resident Evil HD Jill Normal.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

1. Linkle Liver Story. it was ok.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Mystic Warriors 1CC
Tatsujin 1CC

as usual.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

I dont like the act 3 story and the awful music is making it hard to continue as well

QQ more

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2) The Legend of Zelda: Tower of Courage

This is a Zelda Classic quest that I half completed like a year ago and started up again almost on accident. I ended up finishing the rest in more or less 1 sitting. I don't remember much about the first half of it, but the second half was really good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
whats the gimmick of it, just a different map, new items, super hard?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a classic Zelda style game with LTTP/LA graphics and basically everything brand new. It's fairly hype for a fan made thing.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

whats the gimmick of it, just a different map, new items, super hard?

It's a whole new overworld with new dungeons, and the main gimmick is kind of similar to the DS games where the final dungeon is one you make progress in throughout the game. It was pretty hard as I died 60 times but all the dungeons in the latter half were unique and had interesting puzzles. Some of the bosses were a bit much but you get the tools you need to deal with them.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Firewatch

It was a very good story game and looked very pretty. The areas were big and open but there was no real bonus stuff to find despite that. Something like the photos in LiS would have been nice especially when they give you a camera. A great time overall.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

1 Blinx the Time Sweeper

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

1 Blinx the Time Sweeper

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
the book of unwritten tales. occasionally felt as good as an old scumm game

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Armored Police Batrider - Advance Course

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Nice

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

1cc? Thats the hardest raizing game I reckon. Or dimahoo

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

1cc? Thats the hardest raizing game I reckon. Or dimahoo

I'm going to get razzed for this but I didn't 1cc because it's pure quarter feeding bullshit past the highway. I'll retract if that's not good enough. Or I guess that's the basic course

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Final Fantasy IV (SNES) - mah spoon missed zeromus >_>

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm going to get razzed for this but I didn't 1cc because it's pure quarter feeding bullshit past the highway. I'll retract if that's not good enough. Or I guess that's the basic course

Try to 1CC Normal course. it's pretty easy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Normal course usnt bad if u dont spawn envy and use the black dude

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cultist Simulator, standard enlightenment ascension

Early game's difficult, it's hard to maintain a positive cash flow before gaining the lore needed to work for a patron. There really needs to be more options for employment at the start.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
1. Deltarune
2. Smash tv coop

3. Devil May Cry 3 Normal Dante
Got B on every chapter except ch3 where i got a C i dont even know whats in that one. Fun game but the camera is insufferable and every level is brown grey castle. I dont know how useful jumping on enemies heads is but i recall hearing that its an advanced tactic for combo masters. Also some of the inputs seemed to be bugged, especially the ones that involve mashing attack. And with how hectic stuff gets, and the dodge roll being camera based, sometimes when you try to dodge, the enemy's attack makes the camera spin wildly and instead you do the retarded back hop that takes ages to recover from

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

1. Deltarune
2. Smash tv coop

Got B on every chapter except ch3 where i got a C i dont even know whats in that one. Fun game but the camera is insufferable and every level is brown grey castle. I dont know how useful jumping on enemies heads is but i recall hearing that its an advanced tactic for combo masters. Also some of the inputs seemed to be bugged, especially the ones that involve mashing attack. And with how hectic stuff gets, and the dodge roll being camera based, sometimes when you try to dodge, the enemy's attack makes the camera spin wildly and instead you do the retarded back hop that takes ages to recover from

I’ve been playing DMC1 and the camera is the most dangerous enemy in the game. It’s a great game but the fixed camera angles and sudden changes are a terrible idea in such a heavily action-based game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’ve been playing DMC1 and the camera is the most dangerous enemy in the game. It’s a great game but the fixed camera angles and sudden changes are a terrible idea in such a heavily action-based game

honestly thats not the actual problem with that style of control. the problem is your direction changes automatically when the camera does too. youd think they would do it normally where if youre running in a direction you keep running in that direction even when the camera changes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

1. Deltarune
2. Smash tv coop

Smash TV co-op is so fun.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
6) Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - 1/25/19

Forgot how fun Ace Combat games were. Last mission was kind of underwhelming by Ace Combat standards though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Kirby’s Dreamland. This was the first Kirby game I played as a kid but I didn’t know there was an extra game until just recently, so I cleared that this morning. Big thanks to Masa Sakurai and Sunday Rain.