Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they banned donkey kong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
"TRANS RIGHTS, OKAY!" - Donkey Kong, 2019.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

Of course one of the newly accepted champions of trans rights gets banned. Keep on winning Tumblr and modern social media in general.

Hey now the blogs and posts spreading fascist propaganda to teenagers and tweens are still standing!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I started over in MonHunWo because I never saw any of the added stuff and a loving Barroth kicked my rear end. I am shame

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

precision posted:

I started over in MonHunWo because I never saw any of the added stuff and a loving Barroth kicked my rear end. I am shame

Have you looked into how to master your weapon? That's what made a huge difference for me.

e: Oh you've finished it nvm.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah but I never used Switch Axe much before, I used gunlance insect glaive and charge blade so now I'm enjoying new weapons

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

Restarting on PC and starting in GU were a bit of a rude awakening because I had forgotten what it was like for even just some bumps from the monsters to be actual threats.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOHX_VNoZk0&t=720s

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

GUI posted:

Hey now the blogs and posts spreading fascist propaganda to teenagers and tweens are still standing!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wait why is there an umihara kawase survival game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hunger is just hp, i don't know what thirst is but it's not a survival game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I Know What Thirst Is

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

wait why is there an umihara kawase survival game

We already said sayonara to Kawase, so this is Umihara Kawase Survive.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

newer videos have life and hunger bars instead :shrug:

also cotton is in it

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 25, 2019

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am trying to think of the name of a game i played in 2009. It was free to play likely korean arena pvp 3rd person fantasy action game. There were several classes like archer, wizard and i remember assassin most of all. You could block with right click and attack with left click and various WASD inputs. Clicking both buttons would do a throw which I remember being called a grip in the tutorial

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello thread, I bought Beat Saber + PS Move Controllers so me and my mates can chill out tomorrow and play vidya games on Australia Day and get pissed :boonie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIStO2aifE

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
STRAYA DAY

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

while taking my break from DQ Builders, i started ni no kuni 2, i just got to the forest

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

STRAYA DAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRFeTeAPSBc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Hello thread, I bought Beat Saber + PS Move Controllers so me and my mates can chill out tomorrow and play vidya games on Australia Day and get pissed :boonie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIStO2aifE
play this song in one handed mode, its a really fun beat map

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The third option, end up just not even doing anything.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

chumbler posted:

The third option, end up just not even doing anything.

Ah, a fellow depressed gamer.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

currently -9 degrees outside

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I sacked off work today. Gonna finish the Half-Life LP I'm watching and jump straight into Half-Life 2 :getin:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

I sacked off work today. Gonna finish the Half-Life LP I'm watching and jump straight into Half-Life 2 :getin:

you got fired? goondolences

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Hello friends, I am excited to start RE 2 this afternoon but I read somewhere online that there is a 'true' playthrough in terms of the timeline? Something like Leon A Claire B, then reversed? I never played the original one so my question is should I start out with a particular person or how does all that work?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you got fired? goondolences

It's British slang, it means I'm pulling a sickie

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Hello friends, I am excited to start RE 2 this afternoon but I read somewhere online that there is a 'true' playthrough in terms of the timeline? Something like Leon A Claire B, then reversed? I never played the original one so my question is should I start out with a particular person or how does all that work?

Claire A Leon B is considered the 'canon' route by the sequels but it doesn't really matter and makes even less difference in the remake since so much is changed.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

It's British slang, it means I'm pulling a sickie
hope you didn't hurt yourself with that scythe

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

lets hang out posted:

also cotton is in it

cargo pants cotton seems wrong

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Chev posted:

The method to unlock the secret ending this time around is to take selfies with all the in-game hidden mickeys. For real.

I like the sound of that :D Much more relaxing way to unlock things.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

As if Tumblr wasn't embarrassing enough these days

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1088595691956510720

Edit: In the replies, he notes "mostly Donkey Kong material is affected"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chev posted:

The method to unlock the secret ending this time around is to take selfies with all the in-game hidden mickeys. For real.

Oh goddamit a friend of mine is gonna be over the goddamn moon and stars

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that owns I love taking photos of hidden stuff in games

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Beloved of the Anachronox school of RPG design.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So I heard Beat Saber was really really good

Beat Saber is really really really good, and I can't wait to demo it tomorrow to all my friends :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's really cool how Gordon Freeman goes from regular dude to alien-stomping badass over the course of Half-Life. It's rare to see video game protagonists go through that whole journey outside RPGs. And making it all one-take uninterrupted makes everything feel so immediate.

I'm gonna jump into Half-Life 2 now but I still want to check, will I get anything out of hunting down LPs for Opposing Force/Blue Shift or are they skippable?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Storywise I don't think you miss out but there are some pretty amazing fights with black-clad commando ninjas and weird monsters from Xen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Accordion Man posted:

Of course one of the newly accepted champions of trans rights gets banned. Keep on winning Tumblr and modern social media in general.

hwat