Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Some climate scientists then spoke out against the 12 year "deadline" which the right-wing blogosphere and media loved because they could use it to claim AOC is an alarmist but the scientists who disagreed with the 12 year thing are saying that that number is too optimistic and it's already too late but conservatives don't pay attention to that part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gaybies Nomination: Worst Label

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

"Why don't we just send some of the kids to internment camps"

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Pakled posted:

Some climate scientists then spoke out against the 12 year "deadline" which the right-wing blogosphere and media loved because they could use it to claim AOC is an alarmist but the scientists who disagreed with the 12 year thing are saying that that number is too optimistic and it's already too late but conservatives don't pay attention to that part
I figured it had to be something like this, thanks for clearing that up.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I know it's not the point, but ostriches don't stick their heads in the sand.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

After last year's "Winslow's Family" arc...

how does Winslow's attitude here make any sense?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Raised By Birds posted:

The internet mixed up their folders and meant to draw from Carmen's stock poses.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Ted Rall posted:

Trump Supporters Are the Masters of Zen We All Need to Emulate

All day long the citizens of an anxious nation are checking this and that. Maybe it's time to give up hope.

Tags: weather; smartphone; iphone; technology; traffic; driving; highway; SSP; LIE; siri; Ruth Bader Ginsberg; Supreme Court; SCOTUS; 401(k); stock market; Trump; retirement; climate change; global warming; suicide; teach me;

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ted Rall posted:

Trump Supporters Are the Masters of Zen We All Need to Emulate

Every time I accidentally read something of Rall's, I'm reminded of this fact.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The directory green-shirt man was on seems like it was on-point until he forgot the part where he was supposed to pull magaman over and cut off his head.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cloks posted:

original

His problem is he's an elitist who's trying to pander to an imaginary audience?

His problem is that, in order, the movies are:

1) Movie about blacks, by blacks.
2) Movie about a woman.
3) Movie about a gay man from Africa.
4) Movie about blacks, by blacks.
5) Movie pointing out that rich white man (is adding "Republican" redundant?) is very evil.
6) Movie about gay women.
7) Movie about a black man with a white servant.
8) Movie about Mexicans, by Mexicans.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

7) Movie about a black man with a white servant.

And here I thought Payne was just mad at something green.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Jedit posted:

3) Movie about a gay man from Africa.

A gay middle easterner from Africa. Double the white terror!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I've been wondering - where did the excellent term 'brainworms' originate?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I first became aware of it from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfVtY02hp20&t=87s

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That vocal fry is off the charts, such a great example. Wasn't there a tv show about brain bugs? With some actress with 3 names.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

I know it's not the point, but ostriches don't stick their heads in the sand.

And dinosaurus doesn't becomes petroleum.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Why is it so bad that dystopian litterature is popular at the moment?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Disappointed that trans rights hero Donkey Kong didn't make it into any cartoons

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Help Im Alive posted:

Disappointed that trans rights hero Donkey Kong didn't make it into any cartoons

It hasn't been two weeks yet, has it?
Though I am surprised Garrison didn't jump on it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Alhazred posted:

It's not, he just didn't know that word until this week and decided to make a whole bunch of cartoons about it because he thinks it's like arugula and inherently funny

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pakled posted:

Stonetoss guy must have never been bullied in school.

Lester too.

Well, I hate to make assumptions about people's pasts, but I'm pretty sure you can make an educated guess about those dude's relationship with bullying in their childhoods, given that their entire adult careers are devoted to defending bullies and bemoaning the failure of society to recognize your god-given superiority to any marginalized groups.

Raised By Birds posted:

Winslow has always vacillated between blue conservative and straw-leftist depending on the talking point of the day. This week there's a different straw-leftist to dog on, so he takes the role of the enlightened centrist, while that arc had him as a concern troll suggesting that the actions of the Republican government might somehow be fanning the flames of racism.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Roger stone arrested.
get in
:kheldragar:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1088553488810950659

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well, I hate to make assumptions about people's pasts, but I'm pretty sure you can make an educated guess about those dude's relationship with bullying in their childhoods, given that their entire adult careers are devoted to defending bullies and bemoaning the failure of society to recognize your god-given superiority to any marginalized groups.

Winslow has always vacillated between blue conservative and straw-leftist depending on the talking point of the day. This week there's a different straw-leftist to dog on, so he takes the role of the enlightened centrist, while that arc had him as a concern troll suggesting that the actions of the Republican government might somehow be fanning the flames of racism.

The temporarily embarrassed bullyionare

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

BiggerJ posted:

I've been wondering - where did the excellent term 'brainworms' originate?
Invader Zim maybe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiqTTozWNhA

Granted it's an actual medical condition and I'd rather not link to videos of that too.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

After decades and decades of nothing but compromise, having a smarmy centrist suggest "No room for compromise in your all-or-nothing worldview??? :smug:" can be a quite frustrating experience, AGC

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Here's a good throwback garrison today.

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/1000392747851771904

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Stone does resemble a neanderthal, but it's rude to call him a throwback.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Vib Rib posted:

I've had multiple people tell me the video exonerates the dude somehow and all I can think is they just heard some right-wing media outlet say that it does, clap their hands, and leave it at that.
No one seems to be able to explain how it possibly changes anything and the outlets themselves don't even address what happened in the first clip, they just say "he came at THEM, and he had a DRUM" and "also some very rude black people were there". No mention of the actions and words of the MAGA kids, just total distraction followed by "well, case closed!" and I guess that was enough for their audiences.

There were other people being racist at the first, and as we know, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a racism is a good guy with a racism.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

And it remains one of my favorite most twisted metaphors. YOU OVERTURN THE STONE BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE THING YOU'RE LOOKING FOR IS! HE IS INVESTIGATING IT IS WHAT HE SHOULD BE DOING!

Now someone put me in full cardiac arrest with the Branco Horse to water but the water is obamacare.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

1996:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of mixed metaphors, notice that Mueller's investigation already provoked the fall of Trump in that clumsy cartoon. Because how else could he show NO COLUSION than by having Trump's disembodied head lying on the ground?

DeepSpaceBeans
Nov 2, 2005

Let's build us a happy, little cloud that floats around the sky.

the_steve posted:

Gaybies Nomination: Worst Label

I heard you wanted some labels for your labels

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Ambitious Spider posted:

Roger stone arrested.
get in

Not only that, it was by the FBI, so the people who arrested him were agents who volunteered to do it for free. :vince:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Are there more versions of this video? The one I saw just showed that protester beating his drum while MAGAboi looked like he was trying to hold in a fart and his buddies shouting incomprehensibly.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Ambitious Spider posted:

Roger stone arrested.
get in

Is it time to start talking about arresting "individual 1"? :getin:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I like the idea of Ted rall considering suicide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Alhazred posted:

Because Big Daddy Trump is in charge so obviously everything is going to be fine.

Also in general, most dystopian fiction, or at least the popular ones, tends to associate the dystopian society with right-wing ideals. Unrestricted capitalism is the big one, but you also see nationalism and misogyny as common characteristics of societies in dystopian fiction and that makes conservatives look bad.