Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
remember when media tried to paint up jerad kushner as a savvy genius hahaha

thin blue whine fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The courts are still lawful evil instead of chaotic evil and concern themselves with supporting frameworks that help republicans instead of just deciding individual cases in their favor.

Exactly. If the courts allow Trump to use a state of emergency for his dumb rear end wall it opens the way for Democrat presidents to bypass Republicans to fund their own projects. A ruling in Trump’s favor on a state of emergency would allow presidents to basically bypass other branches of government on a whim and that would be catastrophic for the health of country

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Strange Poon posted:

remember when press tried to paint up jerad kushner as a savvy genius hahaha

http://fortune.com/2016/06/09/donald-trumps-jared-kushner/

quote:

“Every publisher in New York has a role in influencing the political debate, from the tabloids to the broadsheets to the community weeklies,” said Mitchell Moss, a professor of urban planning at New York University and an acquaintance of Kushner. “He’s an intelligent and thoughtful young man and he has now surged to the political top through marriage.”

Mitchell Moss where are you

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Look, some people just deserve to have mansions and yachts and slaves or slave equivalents while the rest of you just need to pitch in and do your part and hope you can put food on the table for your children.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
That OxFam inequality report shows that 26 people each have the same amount of wealth as ~144 MILLION PEOPLE in the poorest half of the planet's population.

:thermidor::thermidor::thermidor::thermidor::thermidor::thermidor:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

26 people wouldn't even be enough to dull the blade of a single guillotine.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/1088618891146919936

i haven't looked at this proposal but it sounds like it loving owns

the brazen bull is too good/too fast for this piece of poo poo.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

the brazen bull is too good/too fast for this piece of poo poo.

I tweeted for the first time in ages, thinking I was doing my part. I was just pissing into flood waters

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

RandomBlue posted:

That OxFam inequality report shows that 26 people each have the same amount of wealth as ~144 MILLION PEOPLE in the poorest half of the planet's population.

Edit this. You're off by more than an order of magnitude. It's 3.8 billion people.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

BrandorKP posted:

Edit this. You're off by more than an order of magnitude. It's 3.8 billion people.

They said each.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

RandomBlue posted:

Well, obviously, they are just 144 million times as productive

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

BrandorKP posted:

144 million EACH.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

CuddlyZombie posted:

They said each.

Fair enough that works out. Just a reminder we could make a list of about 500 people. Tax those people.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

theblackw0lf posted:

This is really the secret to Dems success, as AOC shows, and now we see with Warren.

Come out with a really ambitious plan that people actually will like. Get the right to freak out about it and draw media attention, making the plan even more popular, and showing how out of touch the right is. Rinse-repeat.

And the right will never learn how self defeating they are being.

The best thing is that now that everyone is talking about a 70% marginal tax rate on 10M+ you can now “bargain” down to like 60%. I mean I think it should be much higher than 70%, but my point is 60% is better than nothing should 70% be genuinely too much to pass.

(Alternatively, everyone realizes that 70% over 10M is too low and demand say 50% over 1M because gently caress the rich, and then everybody stood up and clapped and Einstein becomes the next President of United Earth.)

It’s like putting a thing on Craigslist. If you want $100 for it you don’t ask for $100 cause now everyone lowballs you with offers for $50, you ask for $200 and then you “generously” accept $100 because you are “feeling nice” today.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

The best thing is that now that everyone is talking about a 70% marginal tax rate on 10M+ you can now “bargain” down to like 60%. I mean I think it should be much higher than 70%, but my point is 60% is better than nothing should 70% be genuinely too much to pass.

(Alternatively, everyone realizes that 70% over 10M is too low and demand say 50% over 1M because gently caress the rich, and then everybody stood up and clapped and Einstein becomes the next President of United Earth.)

It’s like putting a thing on Craigslist. If you want $100 for it you don’t ask for $100 cause now everyone lowballs you with offers for $50, you ask for $200 and then you “generously” accept $100 because you are “feeling nice” today.

Your experiences on Craigslist have been far different than mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sALru9IJk

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Unironically bring back proscription.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

50% over 10M, recursive.
(So 75% over 20M, 87.5% over 30M, 93.75% over 40M, etc)

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Probably everything's gonna be okay.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Petr posted:

Probably everything's gonna be okay.

Maybe, believe it or not, the failed real estate guy Donald Trump is actually president now, so it might not be.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly this is the first time since the 2018 elections that I've actually started to feel a faint glimmer of hope rather than overwhelming despair when thinking about politics. Sure things still suck but it seems like people are finally getting fed up with it and there are leaders starting to emerge in politics with actual views for the future that don't repulse me.

pseudanonymous posted:

Maybe, believe it or not, the failed real estate guy Donald Trump is actually president now, so it might not be.

The silver lining to Trump being President is that he's going to be remembered as the worst President in modern times, possibly in history.

Imagine how much worse things could be if someone evil and competent had been elected.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

50% over 10M, recursive.
(So 75% over 20M, 87.5% over 30M, 93.75% over 40M, etc)

100% over 10m. gently caress the rich. If you can't survive on 10m a year, go gently caress yourself.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Internet Kraken posted:

The silver lining to Trump being President is that he's going to be remembered as the worst President in modern times, possibly in history.

I think he'll become a Reagan-like icon to at least some right wing figures.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

I think he'll become a Reagan-like icon to at least some right wing figures.

https://politics.theonion.com/i-m-a-trump-era-conservative-says-horrifying-man-25-1819579028

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

The Lone Badger posted:

According to modern monetary policy that is literally what happens to money paid as taxes.

This is one thing about the economic right. They already base their arguments on the MMT observation that taxes destroy money, yet they're adamantly opposed that the government can create anything of value so the rest is a no-go.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/1088618891146919936

i haven't looked at this proposal but it sounds like it loving owns

*further down the thread* Does he think all liberals like Jeff Bezos?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Lycus posted:

*further down the thread* Does he think all liberals like Jeff Bezos?

That twitter feed is a pro-read because it's literally entirely people making GBS threads on that guy. As far as I can tell, all his twitter posts are the same way.

These ghouls just fascinate me, because they legitimately can't understand how anyone else in the world thinks, but they also can't stop talking.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

These ghouls just fascinate me, because they legitimately can't understand how anyone else in the world thinks, but they also can't stop talking.

They all work for think tanks or polling companies, it's literally their job to keep saying this dumb poo poo

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Part of the buy-in for these people is the bone-deep belief that their ideas are so amazing it justifies their horrifically disproportionate wealth. They have to believe their thoughts are worth hundreds of millions of dollars or the whole game falls apart, so naturally, it's impossible for them to ever shut up because they are absolutely certain that whatever say will be mind-blowing and profound.

It's basically the modern manifestation of divine right.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
/\ yeah, A lot of them spend 99% of their time around people who they either pay the salaries of or who directly financially benefit from them so you better believe most of them have zero exposure to serious criticism. Hell, even serious disagreement for that matter

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The apotheosis of course being family-company shitheads like Trump, who have literally been salaried millions since birth, and have never have to interact with anyone but the various Smithers'es and wet-nurses they were foisted upon

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
This has probably been flogged to death already itt, but it's good to see that Gilead is right on schedule

https://twitter.com/AngryBlackLady/status/1088517835800735744?s=19

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

This has probably been flogged to death already itt, but it's good to see that Gilead is right on schedule

https://twitter.com/AngryBlackLady/status/1088517835800735744?s=19

What is the purpose of a woman?

eggs

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Neat. Literally nobody is a woman I guess. What the gently caress external anatomical features are supposed to provide the eggs?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
utah ciswomen got ovipositors huh?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

T.C. posted:

Neat. Literally nobody is a woman I guess. What the gently caress external anatomical features are supposed to provide the eggs?

What, did you get one of those abstinence-only sex ed classes? Real women jam their ovipositors down your throat and lay eggs in your chest like nature intended!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Der Waffle Mous posted:

utah ciswomen got ovipositors huh?

Nah. Nothing that extreme. They can prolapse their wombs when sufficiently threatened or aroused.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Archonex posted:

Nah. Nothing that extreme. They can prolapse their wombs when sufficiently threatened or aroused.

What, like slugs? Dang, and I thought Utah was boring.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Maybe they were thinking of seahorses or something.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/1088647321200541697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Greenwald's husband is going to occupy the seat vacated by the first openly LGBT member of the Congress, who is leaving the county.