Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

cr0y posted:

Was Stones twitter suspended before just now?

Nah, he's been suspended for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rinkles posted:

interesting that the indictment says this senior Trump Campaign official "was directed to contact STONE"

gently caress trump, give me the Mercers

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

The best part of waking up...is Roger Stone in cuffs...

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Happy Friday already and it's nowhere near five o'clock.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
"Dumb as a Rock" Stone or "Stoned" Roger Stone.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
The GOP members on the intel committee we just sitting on those transcripts of stone that clearly implicated him in crimes.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1088776096634597376?s=21

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

skylined! posted:

The GOP members on the intel committee we just sitting on those transcripts of stone that clearly implicated him in crimes.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1088776096634597376?s=21

Yeah, what I don’t get and will never understand is why the GOP has been totally OK with sitting on and covering for these crimes. I mean surely at some point before this most of them were just and upright men, but they’ve really gone downhill since Trump was elected.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah, what I don’t get and will never understand is why the GOP has been totally OK with sitting on and covering for these crimes. I mean surely at some point before this most of them were just and upright men, but they’ve really gone downhill since Trump was elected.

no

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Blind Rasputin posted:

Because follow the NRA dark money, the wierd trips to Russia by several GOP Senators and Representatives

A LOT of them are on the take

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I bet a lot of them have a lot of dirty fingers in a lot of pies and they are scared about being caught

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Blind Rasputin posted:

You know Stone worked on the Nixon campaign right

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Blind Rasputin posted:

I mean, no one is born a republican...

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rinkles posted:

interesting that the indictment says this senior Trump Campaign official "was directed to contact STONE"

Unnnhhhhh that's the stuff

*needle hiss*

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I hope he tried to escape out the window and failed :allears:

I hope it was a shot for shot copy of that one scene from Fargo.

If you've seen Fargo, you know the one.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.
Stone is probably the least surprising indictment in all of the indictments, the dude tweeted his goddamn association with wikileaks like 2+ years ago lmao

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

But Roger Stone didn’t force himself down a wood chipper. :(

Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Sitting here this morning like

(could the person doing the directing be junior, and not Trump?)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Blind Rasputin posted:

Because they love power more than they love anything else.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The one where Shep beat the poo poo out of Carl with a belt?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"School superintendent arrested for allegedly using own insurance to help sick student will only get small fine, keep job."

She was originally going to be fired.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Insurrectum posted:

Trump's campaign is a job creator...for FBI agents and DA's

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

"School superintendent arrested for allegedly using own insurance to help sick student will only get small fine, keep job."

She was originally going to be fired.

Good. That woman's a hero.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Insurrectum posted:

e: nm i misread the question

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

CyberPingu posted:

I bet a lot of them have a lot of dirty fingers in a lot of pies and they are scared about being caught

Imagine what else Republican Controlled Committees have sat on or buried. That kind of obstruction should be expellable, given how important to literally the future of your country that kind of information is.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

We know Stone just liked to watch other dirty fingers put into the pie.

E: I shouldn’t have said that. He’s a loving monster and I hope dies in a cage for what he did to his family.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

It also completely ignores that the wealthy are still gonna get good returns on active investments, and probably quite a bit more than 2% a year

If you stick your assets in an index fund and completely forget about them, you'll historically average about 8% per year. Inflation will eat about 2% of that and this will eat another 2%. The bill is basically saying "We're doubling inflation on rich fucks."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

QuoProQuid posted:

the “high-ranking campaign official” that stone coordinated with is probably bannon, btw

https://twitter.com/joshuagreen/status/1088769858249154560?s=21
Please perpwalk the rotting pigman on camera, mueller.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Blind Rasputin posted:

They haven't gone downhill. The GOP is a minority party. They fail with any infighting. They can have charming little fake disagreements, like libertarians versus nazis, but if they don't unanimously agree to cover for each others' crimes, the party will fall from power for good. As Paul Ryan liked to say, "That's how you know we're a family."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Roger Stone leads 'lock her up' chant, standing next to Alex Jones.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

We know Stone just liked to watch other dirty fingers put into the pie.

E: I shouldn’t have said that. He’s a loving monster and I hope dies in a cage for what he did to his family.

You might be thinking of Paul Manafort, who abused his wife and had other men rape her. As far as we know, Stone's wife consented. So cuckold jokes are fine.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Roger Stone
Roger Stone
Forgot to wipe evidence
From his phone

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Insurrectum posted:

Same

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Agreed, but this poo poo was obviously going to come out eventually. You think they would have realized that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin finally

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

QuoProQuid posted:

the “high-ranking campaign official” that stone coordinated with is probably bannon, btw

https://twitter.com/joshuagreen/status/1088769858249154560?s=21

Is it possible Bannon is already cooperating (and has been for awhile)?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1088612489061978112

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Serious question does CNN keep camera crews posted on all Trump associates so they can get video like this when the raid comes?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

ewiley posted:

Serious question does CNN keep camera crews posted on all Trump associates so they can get video like this when the raid comes?

the pigs probably tipped them off

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ague Proof posted:

Roger Stone leads 'lock her up' chant, standing next to Alex Jones.

You might be thinking of Paul Manafort, who abused his wife and had other men rape her. As far as we know, Stone's wife consented. So cuckold jokes are fine.

Aw, you’re right. There are just too many cucks to keep track of.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

ewiley posted:

Law enforcement sources tip them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

kidkissinger posted:

the pigs probably tipped them off

The grand jury convened yesterday. We knew someone was getting indicted today. CNN more than likely parked a bunch of field camera crews by known residences of anyone that could be indicted.