Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

keirharder posted:

Short pointless question, do the ps4 releases of the KH1 and 2 share trophies with the ps3 releases? Thinking of buying the set with all games included. Doesn’t really matter just curious.

I want to say mine are separate. And that’s not the new bundle. That’s the two separate releases for both consoles. I may be wrong though and don’t have access to my console right now. When I get a chance I’ll come back and edit this with my confirmation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Pug Rodeo posted:

I want to say mine are separate. And that’s not the new bundle. That’s the two separate releases for both consoles. I may be wrong though and don’t have access to my console right now. When I get a chance I’ll come back and edit this with my confirmation.

You’re right, they are separate. Also the PS4 versions don’t give out any trophies for watching the movies like the PS3 versions did.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tenzarin posted:

I expect some kinda of Kairi and Axel game to happen because they are keyblade users and I don't know about any spoilers yet.

We going to get a game where Axel is turned into a cyborg are we?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dream Drop Distance 2 where Kairi and Axel go through Yen Sid’s strange dream exam to prove they know how to swing a stick.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
EDIT: Oh wait this isn't the spoiler thread lol

Gologle fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 25, 2019

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So do we know what kind of recap/infodump there is for players returning to the series having not played anything since KH2? Didn't Nomura say there would be something to recap players? I know there are links at the start of the threat, but Nomura mentioned there would be something official.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Giant Bomb did a short stream earlier today (they couldn't show certain cutscenes) and according to them there's apparently some kind of recap

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Considering that a coworker pointed out the fact that anyone who's never played a KH game, but decides to play it on the XBOne will have no idea what's going on*, there really should be some kind of recap.

* For whatever reason, NONE of the collections were released for XBox/XBOne, only PS3/PS4.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

It’s because no one in Japan owns a Xbone or cares that it exists.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You misspelled "America"!!!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Arist posted:

You misspelled "the world"!!!!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So in BBS, how you know if you got the 'kill 9999 trophy' since it a internal trophy and not one for the PS4 so no alert. It the only thing I need to get the epilogue in BBS with Aqua, but no real way to know in-game. Also what the best place to probably kill monsters.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rirse posted:

So in BBS, how you know if you got the 'kill 9999 trophy' since it a internal trophy and not one for the PS4 so no alert. It the only thing I need to get the epilogue in BBS with Aqua, but no real way to know in-game. Also what the best place to probably kill monsters.

Highest spawn location is the reactor area in the radiant garden. You can pretty much do it anywhere just load up on thundagas. I got it in my terra playthrough pretty easy but I farmed all the abilities and commands out for him before beating his story.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Probably can do it quickly as Aqua. Dunno why I am having a easier time with her on Proud then I was with Ven and Terra on Normal. Like she blazing through the game using magic like magnet + thunder that usually kills most enemies.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
(barely a spoiler) New iconic image for KH series

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Argue posted:

(barely a spoiler) New iconic image for KH series

Oh no, Sora's becoming genre-savvy!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
You know, I wasn't really hyped about this game, despite really looking forward to it, its always felt really far off despite being out next week, and spending all last year replaying everything, and then I caught a few minutes of the Giant Bomb stream of it and now I'm getting those little adrenaline pangs of pure hype. Kingdom fuckin Hearts III is out on fuckin tuesday! :sora:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I assumed the release date was the 29th but I may be getting the game tomorrow!

Good start to the weekend.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mordiceius posted:

So do we know what kind of recap/infodump there is for players returning to the series having not played anything since KH2? Didn't Nomura say there would be something to recap players? I know there are links at the start of the threat, but Nomura mentioned there would be something official.

One of the patch release notes was that there is a day-one patch that adds recaps for each of the previous games. Hopefully they’re better than the ones in DDD which were way too concise and missed tons of important details.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

The tiny shred of good will that Dream Drop Distance got out of me for Symphony of Sorcery has immediately evaporated as I've come face to face with Anti Black Cloak Nightmare. What loving moron designed this boss? This blows.

(I'll go get some sleep and finish the drat game tomorrow)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mode 7 posted:

The tiny shred of good will that Dream Drop Distance got out of me for Symphony of Sorcery has immediately evaporated as I've come face to face with Anti Black Cloak Nightmare. What loving moron designed this boss? This blows.

(I'll go get some sleep and finish the drat game tomorrow)

The only real advice I can offer is to try to stay in the air as long as you can. I also had to go and grind up like 10 levels to beat him

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I did not read the complete Polygon review of the game, because I wanted to go in as blind as possible, but skimming the first few paragraphs tells me that the reviewer did not care much for the game. To the point where I don't think the epilogue would have changed his mind. Check it out if you are looking for a contrary opinion I guess.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sefal posted:

I’m angry at you now

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008
Oh, the game just released in the biggest videogame store chain in France. Yay for physical releases.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Sefal posted:

It seems like a lot of Dutch retailers ended up breaking the street date and shipping the game early. Not the one I ordered the game from, though. :negative:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Genuinely gutted Gamestop ran every random small games shop out of business here. Again. re-gutted.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay how did this happen AGAIN. I had trouble with Xigbar in Kingdom Hearts II, dying more to him then Xenmas. In BBS I died more to Braig then Vanitas-Ventus or Terra-Xehanort, granted the later was a pain, while Xenmas was just not a problem at all. But why I always trouble with the sniper.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

because he's a dumb gimmick?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

There's a ton of recaps that are just someone going over a plot dump of the series, but are there any that cover why everyone's doing everything? I get what happened, but there's a lot I'm still unclear with poo poo like motivations and reasons.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

motivations??????

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ha, BBS gave me the secret episode even through I didn't do the keyslinger 'trophy' (only had 4000 kills after beating Terra-Xehanort). I got all the balloons for everyone, but I think beating the game on Proud with Aqua made it use the critia for unlocking with Proud instead. That cool since that means I can finish that off and start up DDD tomorrow so I can finish this series off before 3.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

There's a ton of recaps that are just someone going over a plot dump of the series, but are there any that cover why everyone's doing everything? I get what happened, but there's a lot I'm still unclear with poo poo like motivations and reasons.

Xehanort is basically a crazy evil scientist obsessed with darkness and so he and his other selves is doing all that poo poo in service of seeing what would happen after another keyblade war

everyone else going against him thinks that's awful and dumb as poo poo and want to stop him from doing his bullshit, since the last time a keyblade war happened, it caused the apocalypse

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why does every game in this loving series not let you open the menu for like an hour of gameplay

at least let people access the options from the title screen

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

XavierGenisi posted:

Xehanort is basically a crazy evil scientist obsessed with darkness and so he and his other selves is doing all that poo poo in service of seeing what would happen after another keyblade war

everyone else going against him thinks that's awful and dumb as poo poo and want to stop him from doing his bullshit, since the last time a keyblade war happened, it caused the apocalypse

The only motivations that aren't "i want ultimate power to make the anime apocalypse happen because idk it'll be cool lol" and "loving stop that you dick" are Maleficent and Pete desperately trying to become the main antagonists

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

J-Spot posted:

You’re right, they are separate. Also the PS4 versions don’t give out any trophies for watching the movies like the PS3 versions did.

The PS4 versions also changed a few trophies. Playing the games on the highest difficulty gives you the trophies for the lower difficulties, instead of requiring separate playthroughs for each like ps3 did. The requirements for the gummi ship blueprints trophy in KH1 was also reduced from being completely absurd, to only needing a little extra effort from normal play.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I love that Xehanort just adores the idea of destroying the universe in the name of science.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Hard Times is pretty much the best satire news site

quote:

With the highly anticipated “third” installment in the Kingdom Hearts franchise set to release soon, it has if me wondering if I can finally able to jump into the series despite missing out on the seemingly hundreds of previous titles, because I don’t want to read some 2000-page guide on how to play a goddamn video game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Funky Valentine posted:

I love that Xehanort just adores the idea of destroying the universe in the name of science.

his villain arc is literally

'no don't do this, you could destroy everything we have!'

'ha ha sick.'

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gruckles posted:

The PS4 versions also changed a few trophies. Playing the games on the highest difficulty gives you the trophies for the lower difficulties, instead of requiring separate playthroughs for each like ps3 did. The requirements for the gummi ship blueprints trophy in KH1 was also reduced from being completely absurd, to only needing a little extra effort from normal play.

Lol if you didn’t get the gold Gummi crown in Kingdom Hearts you’re a scrub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

A true Kingdom Hearts fan would get a platinum in every KH game on both consoles :colbert: