Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

EasyEW posted:

drat straight they were. Terminix knows the score:
This is the proest click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Alley Oop

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Judge Parker

Luann

Mary Worth

Office Hours

Reply All

Ziggy

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

i apologized, and i made it clear that i was sorry for mentioning it, not that i was sorry for reading ahead. please stop harping on it. not you, the bloop

I'm just going to come out and say it.

I love you,

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Alley Oop is growing on me. And if that Mark Trail is real, it's also actually great.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Haha, I remember that guy. A live-in butler and chef guy. What a bizarre story arc! Inspired my first avatar choice, too.

Dude was serious about his cooking.

hello next avatar! I'll recaption it to say something about gantt charts!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 25, 2019

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Some Guy TT posted:

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

That irreverence , that wit; I'd recognize it anywhere! Some charlatan has stolen a Mentos ad and passed it off as his own! I can prove it. Quick Elaine, to my archives!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

In today's Corto Maltese: A conspiracy within the conspiracy, or The Faliero referred to here is Marino Faliero, who lead a failed coup against the established Venetian oligarchy in the mid-1300s, or Well, I'm sure these boys won't get up to anything worse in the next decade or so.

Before the next update, can anyone guess who the newest arrival is?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Caped Charlotte is no more.

Behold...Leather Jacket Lottie!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Discendo Vox posted:

Alley Oop is growing on me. And if that Mark Trail is real, it's also actually great.

Launching the reboot with over a week of strips that said "That all didn't happen!/Yes it did!/Wait, explain to me again what the premise of this strip is and has been for decades?" again and again was not the wisest gambit. It's still not great, but it's definitely showing improvement now that it's out of that rut.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Trying to justify the existence and reason for Alley Oop is like trying to have a wine tasting with Capri Sun

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Our IX Lives

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

A Problem Like Jamal

We missed a couple of holiday/Sunday strips because they landed right in the middle of the shooting storyline and I skipped them. Now that everyone's safe at home, I'll post those tomorrow and then come back to this.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

I'm sure this is all based on true historical facts.

Würzburg actually was a central location of European witch trials at the time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C3%BCrzburg_witch_trial

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 25, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

JethroMcB posted:

Launching the reboot with over a week of strips that said "That all didn't happen!/Yes it did!/Wait, explain to me again what the premise of this strip is and has been for decades?" again and again was not the wisest gambit. It's still not great, but it's definitely showing improvement now that it's out of that rut.

Damning with faint praise doesn't even begin to cover it

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gosh, Curtis' dad

d'you think it might have been making a big thing out of the :siren: cookbook :siren: and impressing upon your kids the importance of not complaining that might have given them the idea

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (July 3, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (July 3, 1997)

Johnny Aztec posted:

"I understand that she can't get double pregnant :huh:"

Garfield Classic (July 3, 1987)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Man that's an unexpectedly dark Bizarro.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

9 Chickweed Lane

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

They already have a language that can communicate with the robots 100% accurately without any trial and error. It’s drumming.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

That's not what that phrase means! Why are you so bad at language, Holbrook? :argh:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Evil Mastermind posted:

That's not what that phrase means! Why are you so bad at language, Holbrook? :argh:

To be fair, he is producing content for three separate strips on a daily basis. If I had to poo poo out content for three daily comic strips to maintain the lifestyle to which I am accustomed, you can be drat sure that they would be nonsense by the end of year 2.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

To be fair, he is producing content for three separate strips on a daily basis. If I had to poo poo out content for three daily comic strips to maintain the lifestyle to which I am accustomed, you can be drat sure that they would be nonsense by the end of year 2.

He should really think about lightening that load by never drawing any strip ever again.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

I always pick my battles randomly. This is what makes me such an exciting parent.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I hate almost everything about Rose is Rose but the cherub/battle angel is pretty neat concept compared to typical Christian family strips.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2012 Spiderman

The Amazing Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I am laughing online now that Chickweed is being posted again, remembering how some of Brooke McEldowney's fans unironically refer(red) to him as The Master

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

I am laughing online now that Chickweed is being posted again, remembering how some of Brooke McEldowney's fans unironically refer(red) to him as The Master
Wasn't it "The Honorable Master"?

And now I'm remembering them saying that the couple fooling around under the table wasn't a "sex thing" and anyone who thought that two people playing footsie then diving under the table was about sex had a dirty mind.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech, Redacted Edition

Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Dude, Ziggy constantly goes around pantsless. How much more loving casual could he be?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

drat straight they were. Terminix knows the score:
:stare: Geez if I were that couple I don't know what I would have done, but I doubt it would be stay in that house dealing with this for years.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Caped Charlotte is no more.

Behold...Leather Jacket Lottie!
This is great.
I like this but what is it called?

F Minus

Macanudo

Referring to this.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Oh good let's repeat this conversation.

The Phantom

Ah the cover story. Does the Bangallan president know about the Phantom? I guess he must. Unless he's being the "Unknown Commander" to him, maybe?

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

It's just the flaps and/or landing gear.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Hello Goons, Goonettes and TransGoonders! If any of you who are Weapon Brown fans you may know that I am working on a new project, an epilogue to Weapon Brown called Aftershock.

The opening scene is set in a refugee camp, and I want it to be peopled with comic strip characters I haven't used yet in Weapon Brown. This is tough, because I have exhausted most of the recognizable faces.

There is still room for me to use minor characters from strips I have already lampooned (for instance, I've already spoofed Jon and Garfield, but not Doc Boy). However, I'd like to include players from comic strips I never got around to.

So, if there are any obscure gems or "how could you have forgotten...?" characters that you would like to see featured in Weapon Brown, I am entertaining suggestions!

Previously my theme had been to limit the references exclusively to newspaper strip characters, but I am open to characters from popular webstrips and magazines.

Most important is that the characters have a distinctive look... the more deformed the better! Feel free to suggest what their apocalypse gimmick could be as well.

Here is one of the crowd scenes I want to retrofit with more famous (or non-famous) faces. Presently, most of the people shown are just stock post-apocalyptic dregs. Please help!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Haha is that the propeller-bully from computoon?

If you can fit the seagull from Wallace the Brave in there I would love it, even though that's not really what you're asking for.

Garbage Ape, maybe?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

You need to give some sort of starring role to Modesty Blaise and Willie Garvin.

Edit: Also, while I remember a 9 Chickweed Lane reference with a street sign, I don't remember seeing Edda anywhere, and it doesn't get more grotesque than her.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Edda was in one of the later crowd scenes. She had fat stubby little legs.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Really Pants posted:

Edda was in one of the later crowd scenes. She had fat stubby little legs.

Ah, ok.

I did the recent kickstarter but I should re-read it slower to pay more attention to the background scenes.

I still have all the old original comic books from when it was new, too, plus a Weapon Brown drawing on some sort of card stock.

And besides, Edda should be able to unhinge her jaw like a goddamn toothy snake.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The fat man that nobody loves?

Also is the villain gonna be gilchrist?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Surprised I've never seen this strip in the threads, it was pretty big in some places online for a while, and even got the attention of some big comic people like Jim Davis
Life With Kurami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Those breasts are the biggest I've seen in non-fetish comics, sheesh.