Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BADMAX
babydaddy garage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

Darchangel posted:

Same styling.

edit: I kinda like the early-'80s T-bird.

That's a much nicer looking car than that baby blue thing. T-Birds are pretty rare down here, and apparently hard to sell.

This car sold unreserved for 58k about 3 months ago. Now being offered (by the same seller) for 150k.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-BLACK-1957-THUNDERBIRD-E-SERIES-ALL-ORIGINAL-RESTORED-BEAUTIFUL-CLASSIC-/153327658035?oid=153265933040

keykey posted:

Jesus, just when I think I escaped those wheels, they come back to haunt me. Those. loving. Wheels.

quote:

Hey! Ansen Sprints (or facsimiles thereof) are classic! (But they need to be deep-dish.)

keykey posted:

There was a period of time in the 80's where every loving car from trade-in/auction had those fuckers on it. They got to be the lovely wheels of the decade,

There was a time in Oz when 'jellybean wheels' were your only alloy option. They were on everything from milk vans to alcohol dragsters.

keykey posted:

much like these were about 10 years ago:

Couldn't go anywhere without seeing these on random vehicles, the distastefulness knew no bounds.

At least the jellybeans suited (some) cars of the day. Those things never looked good on anything. In the age of chromeless cars, the chrome wheels ruled. Shittiness embiggened.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

1999 Subaru Forester

You might have seen this on Nice or CP yesterday.

I’m intrigued by this car. The SC doesn’t seem to be attracted at all, except for the too thin belt going to the A/C.

So many questions.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

There was a time in Oz when 'jellybean wheels' were your only alloy option. They were on everything from milk vans to alcohol dragsters.

I do have a soft spot in my heart for those wheels on an airbrushed van, it's just so malaise and 70's it hurts. :3:

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

Dr.Caligari posted:

I’m intrigued by this car. The SC doesn’t seem to be attracted at all, except for the too thin belt going to the A/C.

So many questions.

The inlet manifold is virginal. Supercharging doesn't work like that. Possibly meth induced.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

The inlet manifold is virginal. Supercharging doesn't work like that. Possibly meth induced.

the manifold isn't modified but there's no reason the outlet of the blower couldn't be plumbed to the TB in those pics considering the stock intake tubing is ABS piped to the SC inlet.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

keykey posted:

I do have a soft spot in my heart for those wheels on an airbrushed van, it's just so malaise and 70's it hurts. :3:

My dad put a set on his '85 F-150 and they were loving awesome.

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

keykey posted:

I know where you're coming from.

It's not here, is it?

https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/1977-chrysler-cl-valiant-panelvan-disturbia-simon-major

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

My folks had a Fairmont wagon when I was a kid. To sound the horn, you had to press inward on the turn signal stalk. A weird car.

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

NumbersMatching320 posted:

the manifold isn't modified but there's no reason the outlet of the blower couldn't be plumbed to the TB in those pics considering the stock intake tubing is ABS piped to the SC inlet.

You can see daylight under the belly of the SC. There is no manifold connecting it to anything, as far as I can see. I'd agree that the intake tubing appears to be plumbed to the SC, but there's no way to see. Probably not by accident.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

Probably not by accident.

Most of the threads/posts on this fine forum are based on accidents.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

keykey posted:

There was a period of time in the 80's where every loving car from trade-in/auction had those fuckers on it. They got to be the lovely wheels of the decade, much like these were about 10 years ago:

Couldn't go anywhere without seeing these on random vehicles, the distastefulness knew no bounds.

I saw the Eagle Alloys version of that on so many "customized" pickups, especially the ones churned out by conversion companies.
Also these:

and my not favorite:

EVERYWHERE, ON EVERYTHING.

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

You can see daylight under the belly of the SC. There is no manifold connecting it to anything, as far as I can see. I'd agree that the intake tubing appears to be plumbed to the SC, but there's no way to see. Probably not by accident.

The outlet on those Eatons is at the rear bottom. Note the pipe coming out of the throttle body and hooking right in the picture - it's going there. The OEM plastic tubing is going to the upper rear of the supercharger, where the original application would have had a throttle body. I question the wisdom of a TB after the blower, but it should still work. There's even a boost controller plumbed in to the supercharger's integrated blowoff valve.

edit: would, BTW. :getin:

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 24, 2019

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Darchangel posted:

WHEELS.JPG'S

Oh holy poo poo yes! Every single one of those was on every SUV in production for a period of time. Seeing that visual poo poo makes me actually miss spinners. :barf:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Man I remember all those terrible wheels. Theyre all sooo 90s. Every 6 cylinder Mustang had those 3 spokers, ugh.

And those swirly alloy ones second down were every S10 and Bronco. Those poor Broncos did not deserve that indignity.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

shy boy from chess club posted:

Man I remember all those terrible wheels. Theyre all sooo 90s. Every 6 cylinder Mustang had those 3 spokers, ugh.

And those swirly alloy ones second down were every S10 and Bronco. Those poor Broncos did not deserve that indignity.

Heh. That picture came from a Blazer forum.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Darchangel posted:

I question the wisdom of a TB after the blower, but it should still work. There's even a boost controller plumbed in to the supercharger's integrated blowoff valve.
I mean turbos do it, and with the bypass plumbed as it is it would prevent overpressure on lift off and thus work more or less fine.

And yeah the outlet is like a 3" square port on the m90 so there's tons of room for a bit of pipe to the visible tube off the TB, and there's a gasket between the blower and the plate. Why would you seal it if you're only looking to fwoosh air at the LH valve cover and make the car look stupid? The visible effort here is far greater than the effort required to weld a pipe to a plate and put a coupler on it which is literally the only difference between Twoogbuk's theory and a working blower.

And yeah, would so loving hard.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 24, 2019

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Aren't the NA motors terrible candidates for forced induction due to high compression and weak rods? I remember wanting to do it to my Baja before I did the swap and the limit is like 6psi before you run into reliability issues and a factory turbo model makes more power than a boosted NA at those pressures.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

The ad notes that the engine has Crower rods, among other things.

edit: JE pistons and custom cams. It's built for it.

edit 2: and I'd remove the hood bulge and hand that blower out in the wind like a heathen.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
same af, but i would put a beefier belt on it if possible. kinda looks stupid with the teenie belt

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

That exact mod has been in my brain for a while. Only I would put a plate directly onto the intake for the blower so it might fit under the hood and then put the throttle body on the back of the blower like it would have been. I got a few intakes and a motor hanging around and those blowers are cheap as hell, just need a tig...

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

shy boy from chess club posted:

I love the Ford 3 spokes. I love all 3 spoke wheels. Especially Cromodoras

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

I don't mean to thread flood ........ this needs to be shared, is about all I have to say

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/albion-park/cars-vans-utes/1977-holden-belmont-one-tonner/1207753425

That poor HQ/HJ/HX/HZ/WB ute :(

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Darchangel posted:

The ad notes that the engine has Crower rods, among other things.

edit: JE pistons and custom cams. It's built for it.

edit 2: and I'd remove the hood bulge and hand that blower out in the wind like a heathen.

My bad, in that case this thing is :getin:

That gen forester it a hoot to drive, with some decent power it's probably cackle inducing fun.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Darchangel posted:

Sorta. The T-bird was a bit bigger, but it *was* still based on the same Fox platform 1980-88 with a stretched wheelbase. Exclusively 2-door. It's Mercury Cougar counterpart actually came in sedan and wagon as well!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Thunderbird_(eighth_generation)

Same styling.

Yeah, thanks. Brings back memories. My grandpa (who one would classify as a cool grandpa) had probably an 80 or 81. Sadly he passed during that time frame while I was just a darn kid. Before then he had the magnificent land yacht known as the Ford LTD.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Before then he had the magnificent land yacht known as the Ford LTD.

Which went on the become known as the Crown Victoria we all know and love. Didn't get a lot smaller over time, either...

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
This thing looks cool, but the seller's description does not inspire confidence.

quote:

I have a 84 merc capri (pretty much a fast back mustang) 5.0 302 5 speed rs model. Needs fuel pump and a main fusible link replaced, flywheel has teeth missing. I've seen and heard it run before the old man passed away. Doesnt have title. And not in the old man's name. Would be perfect for someone wanting to build a race car or drag car I guess. All OG parts and poo poo. Interior is decent. Been sitting most its life so it needs to be cleaned and gone through. Dont have the time, or my license so.
Will sell it, or entrertian me with offers.

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

Darchangel posted:

The outlet on those Eatons is at the rear bottom. Note the pipe coming out of the throttle body and hooking right in the picture - it's going there. The OEM plastic tubing is going to the upper rear of the supercharger, where the original application would have had a throttle body. I question the wisdom of a TB after the blower, but it should still work. There's even a boost controller plumbed in to the supercharger's integrated blowoff valve.

edit: would, BTW. :getin:
Thanks for tolerating my ignorance.
I had considered the above, just didn't think it would/should work like that. It doesn't seem strong enough. I think the lack of both camera angles, and video of the thing running, are red flags, but I'm a notoriously skeptical bastard.
Mind you, I have no working experience with boxer engines, since my Type 3 VW phase 30 years ago, and I didn't supercharge them (regrettably), so I'll shut up now.

I have seen blown Subarus before though. There are a few examples in the below thread, even a Forester or two, iirc.

https://www.rs25.com/forums/f7/t107101-so-you-want-supercharge-your-subaru.html

OK, now I'll shut up.

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

NumbersMatching320 posted:

And yeah the outlet is like a 3" square port on the m90 so there's tons of room for a bit of pipe to the visible tube off the TB, and there's a gasket between the blower and the plate. Why would you seal it if you're only looking to fwoosh air at the LH valve cover and make the car look stupid? The visible effort here is far greater than the effort required to weld a pipe to a plate and put a coupler on it which is literally the only difference between Twoogbuk's theory and a working blower.

And yeah, would so loving hard.

Noted.

In my defense, if not making the car look stupid ever came into the concept of the build, how would you explain that scoop ?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The supercharger is definitely plumbed into an intake, but there is no belt to run it. It just passes air. AC doesn't work in this setup either

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

You Am I posted:

That poor HQ/HJ/HX/HZ/WB ute :(

There is so much wrong with this, you could write a book about it. It's only an hour from me, and I'm very tempted to drive down there and ask

"WTF mate, have you ever seen a '34 Ford?"

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Nitrox posted:

The supercharger is definitely plumbed into an intake, but there is no belt to run it. It just passes air. AC doesn't work in this setup either

Yeah that is basically the automotive equivalent of an Anti-Mad Max. Driven by the engine but produces no extra power.

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

DiggityDoink posted:

Yeah that is basically the automotive equivalent of an Anti-Mad Max. Driven by the engine but produces no extra power.

Disconnecting a/c is an instant hp gain.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

Disconnecting a/c is an instant hp gain.

Only if you're running it.

e; ok, running a not on ac pump maybe takes 2-3 hp

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

DiggityDoink posted:

Only if you're running it.

e; ok, running a not on ac pump maybe takes 2-3 hp

I was being a smart arse, but yeah there is a drag reduction on the crank when an a/c pump is not involved. I doubt the addition of the blower and longer belt will result in any gain though, unless the blower is actually contributing to induction.

I'm starting to think it might be. This is a similar, but much neater, build on an '06 something something. Possibly what inspired the Forester guy.

https://www.rs25.com/forums/f7/t106812-spuds-definition-ghetto-rigged-m90-supercharger-build-thread-lotsa-pics.html

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

Noted.

In my defense, if not making the car look stupid ever came into the concept of the build, how would you explain that scoop ?

looking stupid as a side effect of going fast is a-ok, looking stupid for its own sake ehh not so much
Or to put it another way if it looks stupid and it works...

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Nitrox posted:

That belt definitely wraps around the crank pulley as well.
Jesus do I have to email this guy and get video of it running?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Someone should . It looks like there is still commenting on the Jalopnik article on whether it is functional or not

Maybe he built it to that point and can’t get it to run right?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I really want this.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/austin-1974-vw-baja-bug/6792505965.html

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 25, 2019

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

I really want this.

Goddamn, that's actual gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/rare-shorty-school-bus-first-3200-cash-takes-it/1358531799?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

quote:

First $3200 Cash will own it.
Rare Anniversary year 1958 International, Short School Bus, Rat Rod, Tiny Home. You decide. Awesome easy winter project for the right guy or gal looking for that one super cool ride. Show off your skills and advertise your business with a cool tiny home on wheels, fab shop, rod shop, mobile shop etc.
Wow! Very cool and very hard to find. I don't think you will see another one like it anytime soon. Very Nice Shape for the year and crazy potential. Black Diamond 240 Engine in it now. I was told it did run, never tried so can't confirm. Factory Wheels and engine alone are very sought after for Rat Rod guys. Please Note! This bus is in beautiful shape for the year and is not a rust bucket like most earlier or late 50"S advertised online, this one is very solid and no disappointments, stories or surprises here. You won't find another one like it in this kind of shape for $3200.00
You will need a flatbed or trailer to move it. 141" wheel base, 19 feet long. Super Cool Fun Project for the right guys or gals looking for a rare shorty bus or one cool tiny home on wheels. Any interest just email me. Thanks

Update: to answer some of the email coming in, the bus was made by superior coach 05/58 A-153 Model very rare! and the bug screens seen on the windows can all come out, all glass and windows are in great shape. Small dent in passenger side front fender, missing headlight.

Only registered members can see post attachments!