Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
He died in the meeting at the start of the game. Freak projector remote control accident. Robin was just hallucinating there being someone following his instructions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah Iiked this level too. It's such a nice cozy little town :3:

Tombot posted:

Does anyone else find it creepy how everyone seems to deliberately ignore us? I mean if I was looking over a balcony and sombody shone a big flashlight at my face, I might be tempted to turn around and look. Even creepier were those weird arm guys in that resturaunt/pub place (who I assumed were watching some kind of sporting match on the televison) who never seemed to take a break from thier repetitive arm movements even when they turned to glance right at us.

The real reason they do this is because the Source engine is really bad with people models

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So when you were powering the castle stuff were you de-powering the houses? If you went back to the party house would they be there, cheering in the dark.

Also looking at the cars waiting at the bridge, I can only assume what happened was the bridge went up and that beater car rear-ended the other one. Some arguing ensued but everyone eventually calmed down when the neighbourhood Good Guy invited everyone to his house to watch the Local Sports Team because they knew that the bridge was going to stay up for a long time because everything in this city breaks the second it has to do anything.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Never seen a two way turnstile before though.
At the same time, it's not something extraordinarily surprising considering the way things are built in this city

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

So when you were powering the castle stuff were you de-powering the houses? If you went back to the party house would they be there, cheering in the dark.

Party house has a generator of their own, so they should be fine.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SSNeoman posted:

The real reason they do this is because the Source engine is really bad with people models

I don't know what you're talking about.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

what the gently caress happened to those mushroom bodies, jesus loving christ, people are making moonshine out of this stuff :wtc:

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
And moonshine is making mushrooms out of them. It's the circle of life.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

In a way that plotline could've made for a decent detective game with a slight horror bent to it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Now imagine investigating the battery store burglary.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
You know this whole game has gotten so weird that the 'Soylent Greenmushrooms is people!' subplot never really even stuck me as very odd. It was more of a "that's kinda freaky" moment then like Mark we moved on, leaving yet another execution chamber in our wake full of water and downed power lines.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Cooked Auto posted:

In a way that plotline could've made for a decent detective game with a slight horror bent to it.

SelenicMartian posted:

Now imagine investigating the battery store burglary.
You eventually come across some sort of kill room and all the power tools are missing their batteries and serial killer is crushed in the secret entrance because someone rearranged all the wiring.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm just picturing Mark going through there. Saying "coming through" as he walks over the pile of hands, watching a bonesaw dance a jig, adjusting the blood vacuuming pumps, and finally taking a picture of a burnt out lightbulb. "Pretty sure that's not supposed to be like that."

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
So when's the crossover with Viscera Cleanup Simulator?

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

90s Cringe Rock posted:

He died in the meeting at the start of the game. Freak projector remote control accident. Robin was just hallucinating there being someone following his instructions.

An "occurrence at owl creek"-type twist would be great.

(Mark's civil war-era ancestor: "I still have 10 minie balls for my rifle.")

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Nuramor posted:

So when's the crossover with Viscera Cleanup Simulator?

That makes ten packs of batteries for the boom box.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I was honestly expecting the twist to be that there is no conspiracy or corruption. Instead, Osmo Olut has been spiking the beer with psychedelic mushroom juice, and the entirety of Stalburg is just high as gently caress 24/7 and doesn't give a gently caress about doing their jobs or maintenance anymore.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

28/ Something as straightforward as a bridge is a nice break at this point.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I think the blue switch said "Control Room," but I'm not certain.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

azren posted:

I think the blue switch said "Control Room," but I'm not certain.

It did as far as I could tell.

And now Mark is working for the traffic department it seems.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Weird, my grandparents used to have that painting at 21:20 hanging in their living room.

I've been wondering: once you insert a fuse, you can't unplug it again, right? Guessing that would make some of the puzzles too easy.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

count_von_count posted:

I've been wondering: once you insert a fuse, you can't unplug it again, right?

No, you cannot.

I don't know why the fuse puzzle was there it does nothing, just makes things drag out more.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Of course the safe has a pack of batteries.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Batteries are precious things you need to keep locked up safely. It's not the sort of thing you'd just toss in the bathroom trash bin!

That "Stay here" drawing either cost £10 or was addressed to Elo. I hope he either gets it or gets paid.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SSNeoman posted:

I don't know why the fuse puzzle was there it does nothing, just makes things drag out more.
Infra.txt

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

The other day I was at the train station during a rain storm. There was a ton of water coming down where there shouldn't have been any.
A pipe had a leak in it.

I took a picture.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Solumin posted:

The other day I was at the train station during a rain storm. There was a ton of water coming down where there shouldn't have been any.
A pipe had a leak in it.

I took a picture.

You're a goon, not a Markku.

Please be doing the needful and post your picture in the OSHA thread or something.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Solumin posted:

A pipe had a leak in it.

I took a picture.

I hope you muttered, "Pretty sure that's not meant to be like that." To yourself as you did.

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013
I hope you made the sound when you get the correct picture. Preferably out loud.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Zeniel posted:

I hope you muttered, "Pretty sure that's not meant to be like that." To yourself as you did.

"That doesn't look right," actually.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Solumin posted:

A pipe had a leak in it.

I took a picture.
Did it drain 10% of your battery?

29/ An old story thread gets an unexpected conclusion.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Speaking from personal experience. If you die in the wasteland from walking to the kill zone, it just restarts the wasteland sequence and you have to wait for the full 5mins again. Incidentally there's also a few secrets hidden in there. There's meant to be a key for that trapdoor you found, although I personally never found it, so I'm still curious what's down there.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I believe the key is in the boxes in the radio tower. It lasts for 5 mins cause there is a lotta weird poo poo to look at in the trap door room

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Zeniel posted:

Solumin posted:

"That doesn't look right," actually.
I hope I never have to take a picture that can be appropriately commented "Looks like things have gotten totally hosed while I was gone."

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Your mention of giving beer away for free reminded me, back when you were playing with the phones, Mark got, what, 12 free cases for complaining about a missing bottle? While an excessive return in this case, that is a semi-viable shopping strategy. For several years, my family wrote complaint letters about a lot of food and usually we'd get coupons for at least 50% off more of the same terrible food (Which was a running joke after a while: "This _x_ is terrible!" "We could complain about it and get more.") It helped stretch our meager budget quite a bit. At one point, we complained about a can of chili and the company sent us a free sampler pack of one of every flavor of chili they made. In a six-foot-long, one-can-wide box.

The potted plants you took a picture of and sounded puzzled by were, in fact, pot plants. Not that they'll be getting any significant yield from them like that, but eco-x groups are almost entirely about merely dabbling in hippie bullshit.

Also on the bookshelf with the money was the Alan Bacon Cookbook, whose title font and style makes it a reference to another game about running around collecting poor-quality batteries.

The wasteland feels like a reference to Metro 2033, but it could be basically any nuclear apocalypse setting or just a :tinfoil: reference to S.N.W.

It's good to know that with everything going wrong in the city, the simple fun of a child's sandbox is completely as it should be. :kimchi:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

This game is taking some rather large and convoluted steps to make the streets and everything be deserted.
Including doors without handles.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Stahlburg might be falling apart, but say two things for it: 1) they know how to party, and 2) they know how to make some tea.

(They don't, evidently, know how to make doors, or roads, or security systems. But pobody's nerfect, I guess.)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You know, isolated and neglected rural or rural-located infrastructure is one thing but when main subway tunnels are collapsing, transformers are burning, blocks are underwater, and city streets are exploding and no one is even around to block it off things are on another level of wrong.

I know this is just game development limits, I just like making fun of Stahlburg :v:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I fixed the electric substation by hitting only two buttons. First 2, then 4. That turned on everything except 4, but I'm not sure if that gave me a credit for repairing a spot, because I didn't finish the game with all act 3 spots repaired. Maybe that is something you could check and see, if repairing the spot by only hitting buttons 2 and 4 doesn't count as repairing it.

The secret basement in the wasteland has a lot of creepy notes half-written in code, but I didn't bother to start translating any of that stuff.

The wasteland also has an unexploded bomb in it near I think, some corrugated metal. If you step on it, you die. Fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

This level felt kind of empty. I mean, sure, there was that puzzle and a couple collectibles, but it was filler.

Also, SelenicMartian, did you get a new recording setup or something? Or.... are you OK? You sound really tired/done with this poo poo in the beginning of the video.