Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Below the dam is a good song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love the part in Gorgo where we cut back to ireland just so you drat well the guy stealing treasured artifacts is super dead.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Hey Atlanta goons: Joel will be at the center for puppetry arts this Sunday to unveil a new display with the MST puppets. I won’t be able to make it though. :(

http://www.puppet.org/buy-tickets/2018-19/mystery-science-theater-3000-puppet-unveiling/

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/JoelGHodgson/status/1085365757159137280

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Good old Joel. :allears:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

It's beautiful, really need to get to collecting these more thoroughly, only have Volume 1 at the moment(made that one a priority because of Catalina Caper*)

*as I have family over on Catalina Island, come to think of it, I wonder how hard it would be to organize a theatrical showing of that episode over there...

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
There is a Sam Kinison live in Vegas thing on Netflix and I could be wrong but J Elvis plays an audience member whose girlfriend cheated on him.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

CommaToes posted:

Below the dam is a good song.

i think i caught it on a bad day and it bugged me at first, but yes, that song is great and i can't watch without singing along

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I'm watching the Sidehackers episode and had to pause because the song made me laugh too hard to pay attention

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It doesn't hurt to have a low I.Q.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hogama posted:

It doesn't hurt to have a low I.Q.

Sidehackin'll quench your danger thirst
The stupid ones always seem to come in first

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Only love pads the fiiiiilm

I'm two episodes into the second season and it feels like they really hit their stride

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

jungle goddess is a doozy. they rip it apart pretty well

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

jungle goddess is a doozy. they rip it apart pretty well

Thanks, now I'm craving hamburger sandwiches and French fried potatoes.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
At, Jungle Goddess.

I loved how the one white guy just starts killing people indiscriminately, but because he's white and they're not, it's ultimately okay and their reasonable response to a wanton murderer is not portrayed as such in the movie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Does Jungle Goddess have "Clearly, he speaks African" in it or am I thinking of some other movie where they go to stock Africa?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
That may be The Leech Woman, with their British guide.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
I'm pretty sure it is Leech Woman, which also features white people in blackface as African tribesmen and has a cast of characters that are profoundly unlikable even by MST3k standards.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JoeCL posted:

I'm pretty sure it is Leech Woman, which also features white people in blackface as African tribesmen and has a cast of characters that are profoundly unlikable even by MST3k standards.

I have checked and this was accurate on both counts. Especially the profoundly unlikeable part. There is no one to root for.

It is however a very good effort for folks to revisit if they haven't seen it in a while. Favorite obscure riff: "What're ye doin' in a Cocteau film? Go on home, there's a good lad."

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

mala is probably the most likeable, considering she tricks everyone into dying horribly, eventually. grading on a curve, of course

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
Currently rewatching War of the Colossal Beast, and I just wanted to say that the sequence after they capture him, where the various government agencies keep passing the buck on actually dealing with him because giants aren't their department, is probably the single most realistic part out of any film they've ever riffed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So, Village of the Giants. That's clearly Bert Gordon's horny on main movie, right?

Although OH MY GOD that's Toni Basil as the red-headed dancer.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Rewatched The Sinister Urge the other day, and I honestly think it's one of the more underrated MST3K episodes. There's so many good riffs in that one, though that's definitely because Ed Wood gave them so much to work with. :v:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

So, Village of the Giants. That's clearly Bert Gordon's horny on main movie, right?

Although OH MY GOD that's Toni Basil as the red-headed dancer.

Holy poo poo, she is 75!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This is one of my favorite MST things as well. Hmm, maybe it's time for a rewatch of Pumaman.

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1088289308556124160

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Modern architecture: efficient and beauty-free.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Is it weird that I think the Poopie Parade of Values might be my favorite live action segment

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Jet Jaguar posted:

This is one of my favorite MST things as well. Hmm, maybe it's time for a rewatch of Pumaman.

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1088289308556124160
Pu-ma-man, he flies like a moron!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Pumaman is very possibly my favorite episode of all time.

"My mustache makes me fall sideways!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"My name is Pleasance and I am funky!"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

"The Dutch are MEAN!"

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Dawgstar posted:

"My name is Pleasance and I am funky!"
He's like an old baby.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
He has the power to rear-project major cities!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Pee-yeewma-man

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Going through yet another re-watch and caught this risque exchange in The Castle of Fu Manchu:

Man: It was very kind of you to come.
Joel: Well, I didn't mean to, but, uh, the new seat covers..
Tom: JOEL, NO!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

"He comes from a long line of Greidanuses."

Slays me every time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The one that kills me every time in sacrifice is Crow's slightly indignant, "Well MY name is Bill Shtinkwater!"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just realized that Killer Fish joins the pantheon of MST3K movies whose best thing is their soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bNeVW6rBDE

This might be the single most 70s song I've ever heard. As soon you hit play you may spontaneously end up wearing a leisure suit and giant sideburns.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 25, 2019

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I just realized that Killer Fish joins the pantheon of MST3K movies whose best thing is their soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bNeVW6rBDE

This might be the single most 70s song I've ever heard. As soon you hit play you may spontaneously end up wearing a leisure suit and giant sideburns.

Italian movies from that era have some of the best music you'll ever hear in your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jose Oquendo posted:

Italian movies from that era have some of the best music you'll ever hear in your life.

It's why I love them so much.