Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1088883900808495104

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

None of this is over. We get to run thru the same drill in three weeks.

Oh it isn't, but the wall is a non-starter at this point. He blew his load and failed.

Dems will almost certainly give him the billions to be super racist in other ways though. Dems lovvvvveeeee 'border security'.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1088883261105942528/photo/1

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1088886891074662401

That will 100% be quoted in the court case against him if he tries to declare an emergency to build the wall

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1088888030901882880

:bisonyes:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

people turning on the trumpster huh?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lmao, Roger Stone out on no bail already.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And he did the Nixon fingers

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

lol disparaging the courage of a still warm corpse of a dude who flew in WW2

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Some brown dude is going to kill someone within the next 3 weeks and President Piss will use it as an excuse to shut down again.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

lol disparaging the courage of a still warm corpse of a dude who flew in WW2

That same bullshit party allowed a pumpkin coward to attack the bravest dude their party has shoved out there in decades.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

lmao, Roger Stone out on no bail already.

And hes already booked for Tucker Carlson lmao

Nov 6, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Wouldn't his lawyer be telling him to keep his mouth shut?

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

That same bullshit party allowed a pumpkin coward to attack the bravest dude their party has shoved out there in decades.

I wouldn't exactly call Jeb "brave".

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love that there's been so much shitposting about Jeb! over the past three years that he's just hilarious now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

seiferguy posted:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I would've clapped for Jeb

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I pass by W. and Jeb's childhood Odessa home on my daily jog, and there are statues of little W and little Jeb outside of it.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Wouldn't his lawyer be telling him to keep his mouth shut?

They've been doing high crimes and the like for so long and getting away with it that they don't think the law applies to them.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

General Dog posted:

I would've clapped for Jeb

These girls sure did.

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dgpsvF5N54

:nws:

Nov 6, 2002

My favorite Jeb fail moment:

quote:

Jeb Bush's campaign never bothered to buy JebBush.com. So the person who owned it, in fall 2015, decided to do something else with it instead: redirect it to Donald Trump's website.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What is the supposed value of bail? I mean, other than a way for the rich to buy themselves out of our awful justice system.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I just got My Girl'd by red ants and now have to drive to daytona.

I dont plan on being coherent the rest of this weekend, so all of yall have a good one, and if I'm posting, oh God do I apologize.

More than normal.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I bought bernie.run months ago but haven't thought of anything fun to do with it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What is the supposed value of bail? I mean, other than a way for the rich to buy themselves out of our awful justice system.

You nailed it. It's a way to keep poor people in jail, and rich people to temporarily get out of it for a fee.

In other news, I was in work training last week, and one of our sessions was on negotiations. The speaker said then that Trump had screwed up the shutdown. Didn't even care about what your politics were, he just mishandled the thing from the get to. Democrats were smart to realize that there was almost no way for Trump to look good coming out of this thing.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

back before computers and gps tracking and coordinated law enforcement it made sense but now with all that plus the hosed up value of the dollar to obscenely rich people...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's bad to just lock people up who are potentially innocent.

You need to be convicted of a crime by a court. Bail is just the conditions you agree to in order to comply with the judiciary process.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lmao they updated with:

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1088901205391110144

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BlindSite posted:

It's bad to just lock people up who are potentially innocent.

You need to be convicted of a crime by a court. Bail is just the conditions you agree to in order to comply with the judiciary process.

The problem is basing on money is going to benefit one group much more than the other.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

CharlestheHammer posted:

The problem is basing on money is going to benefit one group much more than the other.

Yeah, this. There is effectively no limit to the amount Roger Stone can write on a check and sleep at home tonight, but people living paycheck to paycheck have to wait in custody because they can't afford $500 to go home.

Nov 6, 2002

I always wondered how much money I'd be willing to spend not to sit in jail for a month.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

There's a 4 hour documentary coming out about Michael Jackson abusing kids.

Get ready for all Jackson stans greatest hits.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I always wondered how much money I'd be willing to spend not to sit in jail for a month.

You also have to consider how much it would be worth to you not to lose your job, assuming you'd be let go for not showing up for a month straight.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then your system needs adjustment, doesn't mean it's a flawed principle.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BlindSite posted:

Very true

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

BlindSite posted:

the adjustment is getting rid of cash bail. like i hinted at, if the government basically knows where you are at and can freeze your assets then where exactly are you fleeing to

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1088902724840837120

Nov 6, 2002

hifi posted:

the adjustment is getting rid of cash bail. like i hinted at, if the government basically knows where you are at and can freeze your assets then where exactly are you fleeing to

Do they really have the resources to do this for every person charged with a crime in this country? I think bail still has a place.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I've never been more upset that therno blocked me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Do they really have the resources to do this for every person charged with a crime in this country? I think bail still has a place.

it would only be everyone that skipped out though. i can't answer that question for sure but we already have the manpower to prosecute and defend the legal cases and discovery stuff like unlock phones, chase down emails, scan everybody's phone as they come across the border, etc. it's probably just having the banks open up a law enforcement portal or add a checkbox to a currently existing one.