Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

He meant a Canadian Wall, not Mexico.
Shutdown back on until Wall built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The great thing about Ann is, despite saying some of the most unhinged poo poo out of all the nuts, she's arguably the most cognizant and intelligent of anyone in RWM. So you get a lot more schadenfreude out of her than the people like Hannity who don't know when they've lost.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Hello, I called you all back because I just thought of an idea. Maybe the Space Force could build the wall. They could build it with moon rocks. That would be very cool. Thank you."

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

ewiley posted:

haha, the president doesn't have to sign a bill to become law, that's amazingly sad from the leader's aide.

Mitch just doesn't want to acknowledge overriding a veto.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I wouldn't bet on it. Most of them are gonna go "Trump's playing Underwater 5 Dimension Space Chess" and say now the Dems HAVE to negotiate with Daddy Big Pants because he gave the worthless Federal Workers their pity money back.

Right, MOST of them, but if even 10% of the diehards are as pissed off as Ann Coulter and Mike Cernovich, that could shave like 3 or 4 points off his approval rating.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

theblackw0lf posted:

So uh.... this thread makes a pretty compelling case that Fox News might also be implicated in all this

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/1088883676425998337

Who knows for sure, but holy crap would it be incredible if this destroyed Fox.

:tinfoil: as gently caress conspiracy: Murdoch is selling off a huge chunk of the profitable part of Fox for money to make sure that Fox News is the only one caught up in the poo poo.

Holy poo poo, the Lizard People are coming, need to run!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

happyhippy posted:

He meant a Canadian Wall, not Mexico.
Shutdown back on until Wall built.

Gotta keep Doug Ford in Toronto.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

TulliusCicero posted:

She has proven herself now and before to be extremely good at what she does, and the left and democrats as a whole need to stop buying into right wing propoganda that she is ineffective

She just emasculated the most pompous, stupid President the US has ever had. If she keeps this up she might be seen as one of the most effective Speakers the country has ever had.

She's not great on policy but boy oh boy is she great on tactical stuff.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1088890887135023104

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

sincx posted:

She's not great on policy but boy oh boy is she great on tactical stuff.

What policy is she not great on?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1088901064076742657

Seems like nothing. Deal's still on.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Maybe dummy just wants the press pool to stand around in the cold a while because he's a petty poo poo.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Young Freud posted:

Gotta keep Doug Ford in Toronto.

I for one don't feel safe knowing the Barenaked Ladies could come down here at any given moment.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1088902380224241667

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yesss.... turn the screws!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

lol Bill wussed out and deleted this

Shook Bill

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Lol wtf is he not done rambling?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I for one don't feel safe knowing the Barenaked Ladies could come down here at any given moment.

IT'S ONLY BEEN ONE WEEK!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

It's the Chicken Lady we really need to worry about

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Not as many as the roast of stone, but Molly is getting there.

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1088899580870168576

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1088900959965720577

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Nancy Pelosi is an absolute savage

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
No Trump just give up I'm not used to feeling good and I'm already feeling like a human being for the first time in forever after taking some real affirmative steps towards an authentic way of life and if you cave TWICE today or like cave then uncave, I never caved, you're the cave I might actually explode.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Did he really call the press back to take 1 question?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Maybe dummy just wants the press pool to stand around in the cold a while because he's a petty poo poo.

Is he just trying to be petty and steal coverage of Pelosi/Schumer?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pelosi has tasted the blood of manchild and now hunts for it relentlessly.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Nancy Pelosi posted:

Our strength is our diversity!

YES!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy poo poo, what a day to be completely closed off from my phone or news.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Crow Jane posted:

It's the Chicken Lady we really need to worry about

But we need Bobby so he can defeat the devil!

Cabbage head should get stopped at the border.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
It can be simultaneously true that:

(1) Pelosi is an incredibly effective leader and is exactly the right person, the most experienced person, to lead the Democrats against Trump right now. Today is a perfect demonstration -- she has been savvy enough to break his loving back over his absolute core, most important, non-negotiable issue.

(2) Pelosi deserves criticism for
- not having done enough to cultivate young Democrats and grow a deep bench of talented, popular politicians both in Congress and all the way down to your local dog catcher.
- Being too centrist, and cultivating a very Middle Of The Road Very Serious Business Dems party which has found itself manifestly unprepared to deal with neofascist populism
- she (and the entire party, until recently) tried to fight "we're gonna crack skulls open and bleed out everyone you hate, and we're gonna do it on live TV!" with mealy mouthed "A better way -- affordable healthcare, in reach of more people" bullshit.

Pelosi is goddamn loving good at her job and is probably the single best equipped person in the United States to walk Trump into boobytrap after boobytrap. I am glad she is speaker. And the absolute loving second the Trump crisis is over, she should retire with fanfare and get the gently caress out of the way of a new leftist democratic party.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

She is almost definitely going to offer a date that is beyond the three week CR expiration so that she can call it off if the gov shuts down again. She knows what President Deals really cares about.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, Pelosi is doing an incredible job.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this is one of those things that makes me enraged when i listen to the ben shapiros of the world talk about "culture" being the cause of black poverty and crime.

https://twitter.com/theferocity/status/1086737594111705088

my dad's the same age. this poo poo isn't ancient history. (emmett till was murdered the year my dad was born.)

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 25, 2019

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Could you imagine the alternate history where Pelosi got usurped by the blue dogs?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Retro42 posted:

Is he just trying to be petty and steal coverage of Pelosi/Schumer?

The networks will just splitscreen or whatever if they're waiting on one while the other is doing their thing, and they have different people to cover, so I don't see how he could.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Ojeda has suspended his presidential campaign, saying he doesn't want poor people to donate to a candidate who cannot win the primary.

He already gave up his seat in the state assembly.

He should run for Senate.

Groovelord Neato posted:

putting on my maga hat and chanting "president deals" at my tv until i stroke out.

All from the dollar menu.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 25, 2019

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I'm pretty sure it was the airport shutdown that did it and not a state of the Union address

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Wicked Them Beats posted:

She is almost definitely going to offer a date that is beyond the three week CR expiration so that she can call it off if the gov shuts down again. She knows what President Deals really cares about.

:vince:

Brilliant.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
btw the_donald has decided that trump is actually good again, crisis averted

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

That Roger Stone footage rules. Posting this again because it also rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aNmosRZWps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Doctor Butts posted:

IT'S ONLY BEEN ONE WEEK!

Can I help it if I think it's kind of funny when Trump's mad?
Trying hard not to smile cause he's real bad
He's the kind of guy who's tweets don't seem real
34% approval rating? Just the Art of the Deal