Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
US special counsel's office: Roger Stone arrested in Florida

:getin:

quote:

To: Stars&StripesNE

Stone is scum but this seems ludicrous.

3 posted on 01/25/2019 3:38:42 AM PST by ifinnegan (Democrats kill babies and harvest their organs to sell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

He’d said they’d never get him to turn on Trump; now the Mueller-Weissman gang will threaten him and his family.

6 posted on 01/25/2019 3:43:08 AM PST by ScottinVA (The most urgent gathering threat to America: the Democrat Party.)

quote:

To: ifinnegan

•That's according to special counsel Robert Mueller's office, which says he faces seven counts,
including witness tampering, obstruction of justice, and false statements.

7 posted on 01/25/2019 3:43:09 AM PST by Stars&StripesNE
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

"Hmmm" indeed.

quote:

Trump nearing a deal with the Wall Funding... his aaproval numbers have gone up — and Stone gets arrested. Everyone around Trump gets arrested.

Things that make you go “Hmmmmmmm......”

8 posted on 01/25/2019 3:44:00 AM PST by SilvieWaldorfMD (A Realistically Really Real Housewife)

quote:

“....witness tampering, obstruction of justice, and false statements.”

So, once again....process crimes, not real crimes. Refuse to bend your knee and be destroyed.

The oligarchs don’t even stage show trails anymore....just show plea bargains.

11 posted on 01/25/2019 3:46:59 AM PST by Lowell1775
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Hi Dio! :wave:

quote:

To: SilvieWaldorfMD

if the DOJ is NOT going to arrest the CLinton rapists,
witness murderers, child killers, traitor Uranium1 agents
(let by Mueller), the endless criminal illegals and
MS13 organizers on the left,
then they only have the innocent left. Right?

and NOBODY on the seditious left has been arrested,
let alone HUNG.

14 posted on 01/25/2019 3:49:04 AM PST by Diogenesis ( WWG1WGA)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Hi Bracken! :wave: Man, this news is bringing everyone out.

quote:

Dear FBI Special Agents:

F__k you. You are no more than Stasi goons at this point in history.

15 posted on 01/25/2019 3:49:21 AM PST by Travis McGee (EnemiesForeignAndDomestic.com)

quote:

To: Diogenesis

FBI = Stasi.

16 posted on 01/25/2019 3:49:41 AM PST by Travis McGee (EnemiesForeignAndDomestic.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

To: mewzilla

This is outright sedition.

17 posted on 01/25/2019 3:50:13 AM PST by mewzilla (Break out the mustard seeds.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

But comey, Brennan etc can tell lies and obstruct all. Day. Long.

Muller needs to go. Yesterday

18 posted on 01/25/2019 3:50:49 AM PST by Maskot (Put every dem/lib in prison...like yesterday!!!)

quote:

Reminds me of the old soap opera, As The World Turns. Always some new crap from horseface Mueller every day. Always insinuating that Trump is involved. Just to keep the scam going.

21 posted on 01/25/2019 3:52:54 AM PST by ImNotLying (The Constitution is an instrument for the people to restrain the government...Patrick Henry)

quote:

To: a little elbow grease

Don't any individuals in our government understand that this unending harassment of the President and those around him is a VERY DANGEROUS THING?

Can't anyone see that all this tempest being created around the President is a very dangerous thing.

The world is a dangerous place, and this President does not need all this crap all the time.

I'm just afraid that all these absurd investigations into the President is finally going to wear him down ....... and he may actually make a poor decision that is not good for the country and the world.

I really feel this is a dangerous time!

31 posted on 01/25/2019 4:06:04 AM PST by a little elbow grease (... to err is human, to admit it divine ...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

quote:

To: a little elbow grease; ifinnegan

ifinnegan IMO pretty much nails it.

Stone is unsavory but this is very likely one more farce from the out of control and never should have been named criminal SC.

36 posted on 01/25/2019 4:08:01 AM PST by 9YearLurker
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

Maybe this is about Deep State striking out in a fit of pique because it CAN’T stop what’s about to happen...

37 posted on 01/25/2019 4:08:22 AM PST by mewzilla (Break out the mustard seeds.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

Is... this a trick question?

quote:

So you would rather Fox doesn't report the news? Just imagine if Fox never reported this news?

I shake my head at some of the remarks in here.

Are you looking for a radical right wing CNN? A station that only reports positive news about the GOP?

39 posted on 01/25/2019 4:08:55 AM PST by Stars&StripesNE
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

:thunk:

quote:

To: mewzilla

It is and nothing is done about it because the RINO party is complicit. Two years holding both houses and the WH and the people who SHOULD be arrested are not and instead innocent people are set up and arrested. Read the charges against him. Witness tampering? Obstruction? False statement? That could mean he said he had corn flakes for breakfast when he had eggs. Meanwhile Hillary who violated the espionage act 110 times, who has hardcore evidence against her gets not so much as a parking ticket. Is it going to take a Civil war to stop this BS?

58 posted on 01/25/2019 4:24:15 AM PST by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary walks free, equal justice under the law will never exist in the USA)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

:godwin:

quote:

To: Travis McGee

FBI is worse than the Gestapo. At least Hitler had some control over the Gestapo.

62 posted on 01/25/2019 4:30:14 AM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

:tinfoil:

quote:

To: GrandJediMasterYoda

Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s health must have taken a turn for the worse in the past week. First, target some Catholic schoolkids at the March for Life with the most heinous of lies, tarring their faith and not giving a drat about the consequences to them or their families. Second, stage a raid on Stone and invite your allies from the press to film it as though you are arresting El Chapo, instead of contacting his lawyer and telling him to present Stone at a hearing. That way, the Hillary aides and contributors on Mueller’s team get to silently tar Amy Conen Barrett, the most likely nominee to replace Ginsburg and a devout Catholic, and to tar Trump as someone who has no right to nominate a Court replacement for Ginsburg since the Justices may have to hear his impeachment appeal. It is all cooked up, just like something out of the KGB/Cheka/Stasi - no matter who gets screwed, its the protection of the Establishment that matters - in the words of VI Lenin, “you can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs”. If the “eggs” are some kids from out in the hinterland or someone indicted and publicly shamed over pure process crimes, well so what?

66 posted on 01/25/2019 4:31:58 AM PST by laconic
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 58 | View Replies]

"It's almost as if he isn't a modern day Sun Tzu playing 3D chess 50 moves ahead of everyone else!"

quote:

To: MAGAthon

Trump hired that DC swamp monster Wray and the guy needed to be fired months ago .

When is that Dem plant getting Axed .

Who recommended Wray to Trump ?

I read read the resume and knew he was a DC insider disaster .No one in DC picked up on that ? Really ?

I wonder about all these Awful Hires .

69 posted on 01/25/2019 4:35:12 AM PST by ncalburt (Gop DC Globalists out themselveking/its population here and Canada)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 54 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mouton

Well, WHY has Trump allowed this garbage to go on so long? He should have said “you have two months to put up or shut down” a year ago (at least) but he just lets is drag on and on and on.

It’s like letting a poisonous snake loose in your house and ignoring it figuring it will eventually get tired of being there and just go away.

No, it won’t.

74 posted on 01/25/2019 4:39:22 AM PST by Pravious
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

quote:

To: TheDandyMan

CNN story says a dozen agents “armed with heavy weapons and wearing tactical vests” arrested Stone.

Oh, good grief. Yeah. Stone is sure one hell of a scary guy.

SCUMBAG GOVERNMENT.

PRESIDENT TRUMP... ***DO*** SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

77 posted on 01/25/2019 4:41:53 AM PST by Pravious
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 68 | View Replies]

quote:

Nope, declare martial law and arrest these f_cks for treason.

80 posted on 01/25/2019 4:44:59 AM PST by Hoosier-Daddy ("Washington, DC. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Travis McGee

Donald Trump keeps praising the rank and file of the FBI as great people. I love the President but I find those words hard to swallow.

86 posted on 01/25/2019 4:48:04 AM PST by Spiridon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Spiridon

This is intended not only to get Trump out and punish him and his family over something, which even if whatever it is is true, pales in comparison with what the Clintons did and do on a daily basis and which is uninvestigated by Mueller and his team of Clinton contributors, but also to provide an example to anyone else with money and power who just might decide to expose or challenge the Establishment in the future - don’t do it or else we will bring the full force and power of the corrupt Deep State down on your head, your family, your allies. “The CIA has six ways to Sunday to get back at you”. The one thing that Chuck Schumer ever said that I agree with. This is so far from what the Founding Fathers created and so damned close to the Stasi/KGB/Cheka/Gestapo.

93 posted on 01/25/2019 4:56:18 AM PST by laconic
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies]

:irony:

quote:

Why not? The Democrats have a bunch of networks that only broadcast positive news for liberals.

The media NEVER treated Obama or Clinton like they treat Trump. Never.

Journalism is now a joke. Every journalist is pushing an agenda now. And over 90% of them are liberal.

94 posted on 01/25/2019 4:58:54 AM PST by david1292
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I love the suggestion that things like witness tampering and obstruction of justice aren't "real crimes". It's a tactic admission that they think it's fine.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

It's fine when Trump (or one of his minions) does it. An important distinction.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ This. If it were a Dem they'd be rolling an electric chair to that dude's doorstep. Course they'd do the same for using dijon mustard too

Jagged Jim posted:

Trump nearing a deal with the Wall Funding... his aaproval numbers have gone up — and Stone gets arrested. Everyone around Trump gets arrested.

Things that make you go “Hmmmmmmm......”

8 posted on 01/25/2019 3:44:00 AM PST by SilvieWaldorfMD (A Realistically Really Real Housewife)

What the gently caress numbers are these. Everything yesterday was Donny falling in approval even among Republicans

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
At work right now so can't really post from my phone but the freep tears are flowing hard today over Trump caving on the wall and shut down.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ladies and gentlemen: the salt mines are now open :getin:

vanity Trump caves we have NO ONE now

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3722873/posts

quote:

He caved. America lost.
the democrats plan to use immigration to dilute out conservative voters is still right on track. And now no one is standing in their way.

1 posted on 1/25/2019, 2:33:40 PM by Cubs Fan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: Cubs Fan
Not really but if you really feel that way go off yourself.

3 posted on 1/25/2019, 2:35:14 PM by DarthVader (Not by speeches & majority decisions will the great issues of today be decided but by Blood & Iron)

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
pfffthahahahahhaha!

quote:

To: rintintin
He has played the national emergency card for 5 weeks. It’s just like his threat to declassify all those documents that are still secret. All talk. Nancy and Chuck won folks, deal with it. If you think Nan and Chuck are going to negotiate on the wall keep drinking the Kool-Aid. They won this time and they will win in 3 weeks, and 6 month and 2 years. It was a nice run, but no republic last forever. In 5 years you won’t even recognize this once great country. There is already a judge ready with a restraining order in hand against using a national emergency declaration to build the wall.

I’m not going to say Trump lied about the wall. I just don’t think, as an outsider he understood how unlikely it was he could deliver. The power in this country belong to the Left and their supporters in both parties, the media and schools. That is a hard coalition to defeat.

83 posted on 01/25/2019 11:46:48 AM PST by redangus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: redangus
“It was a nice run, but no republic last forever. In 5 years you won’t even recognize this once great country”

Yup. Those are the facts on the ground. After 8 years of marxist maoists and muslims in charge of the executive branch, for all intents and purposes, the fed govt has been overthrown. Now they’re aiding and abetting the foreign invasion of the U.S.

Can it get anymore absurd?

120 posted on 01/25/2019 11:55:14 AM PST by Electric Graffiti (Cocked, locked and ready to ROCK!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 83 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Cubs Fan
I figured the tactical thinkers would immediately drop to their knees and wail “’tis lost!”

I am not disappointed.

86 posted on 01/25/2019 11:47:04 AM PST by Future Snake Eater (Plans are worthless, but planning is everything. - Dwight Eisenhower, 1957)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Future Snake Eater
It’d be interesting to know how many of them really really allegedly wanted Cruz to win in 2016.

204 posted on 01/25/2019 12:29:07 PM PST by treetopsandroofs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 86 | View Replies ]

Voter fraud! Help me LORD! :byodood:

quote:

To: CodeToad
And we have had, in 2018, a preview of the massive fraud they will employ to take every single seat won by Republicans, and if they don’t take the seat via “vote harvesting” they dem majorities will simply refuse to seat the Republican winner, citing voter fraud. Mr. Trump failed to do anything about the voter fraud before this congress was seated, and now it is too late. We have a short time left to make our souls right with God and place lives under his protection. Do not be blind about this. I do not say we should give up but recognize the battle is lost. God will win the war for us, but for now, it is time to recognize the times for what they are.

94 posted on 1/25/2019, 11:48:50 AM by erkelly

quote:

To: TroutGuy
Exactly. I completely agree. Senatorial support was weakening and he is showing tremendous qualities of long-suffering and patience with those driven by power lust and Hate. Lose the battle to win the war. He is no fool and he is demonstrating that he is willing to go to the nth degree before he has to use emergency powers. It is easy to be cynical these days, but we are to pray for our leaders and I believe the best of President Trump. I am certain that almighty God has put him in this position for this time.p

132 posted on 1/25/2019, 11:58:22 AM by Maranatha7757
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: TroutGuy; All
Are you listening to his speech? “We have no choice but to build a wall”. If no funding, “I will address this emergency”
declare a national emergency after three weeks and is strongly hinting he will. That will not be a cave, and it will be up to a conservative majority Supreme Court to decide if he acted lawfully.

You need to look beyond the issue of who is winning the day’s news cycle. The Dems win today, but I see no reason why he won’t declare a national emergency- the worst that can happen is the courts stop him, but, if that happens, he can still say he tried.

THIS IS THE NEXT STEP. NO COMPROMISE FROM THE DEMS ON A BORDR SECURITY/BARRIER SYSTEM FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS. THEN A POSSIBLE FURTHER SHUT DOWN AS THE SUPER BOWL IS OVER (AND THAT IS AN INDICTMENT OF JUST HOW UNSERIOUS AND SHALLOW AND FECKLESS A LOT OF THE AMERICANS THE DEMS WANT TO ‘REPLACE’ ARE)

Sorry I am not yelling. I hit the drat ‘caps lock’ key accidentally

With the SB out of the way another shutdown even longer and a clear threat of a national emergency declaration. In spite of this being within the President's powers several prog judges on the 9th Circuit or somewhere else will issue an injunction to stop this. Will the President refuse to recognize the injunction as an improper and unconstitutional infringement on executive powers and push ahead. I hope so, but the excrement will hit the fan and parts of the federal bureaucracy including parts of the military departments will either refuse to act or stall by malicious compliance tactics. The dems will certainly use these events as a basis for voting Articles of Impeachment. After that who knows other than it will be a hot summer inside the beltway with huge amounts of media screaming 24/7.

144 posted on 1/25/2019, 12:01:34 PM by robowombat (Orthodox)

quote:

To: frog in a pot
These emergency conditions have existed for years including the last two when he was in power. Now he adds another 3 weeks. He should have acted two years ago when he first took office. His own inaction and delays in declaring, contradict the litany of problems he says constitute an emergency.

151 posted on 01/25/2019 12:03:36 PM PST by morphing libertarian (Use Comey's Report; Indict Hillary now; build Kate's wall. --- Proud Smelly Walmart Deplorable)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 137 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: morphing libertarian
He should have acted two years ago when he first took office.
Yeah, as though day one was simply a walk-through.

Here is a street fighter with
- no legislative experience,
- little political negotiation experience pertinent to the Hill,
- a Congress that either was deceptively and flatly against his agenda or wasn't yet willing to support him in anything verging on the dramatic (i.e., RINOS),
- doubt as to who of those in the WH that he could trust were actually politically savvy
- doubt as to which of those could/would work comfortably with his style of management,
...etc., etc.

Finally, you and I have little or no idea of any larger national or global problems he may have been working on.

Try being the new guy in an unfamiliar profession who is charged with directing the labor efforts of several hundred strong-minded personnel and get back to us.

211 posted on 01/25/2019 12:32:54 PM PST by frog in a pot (Result of many state bailouts? Taxpayers elsewhere in America get to finance the Left's growth.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 151 | View Replies ]
IT'S NOT TRUMP'S FAULT HE'S AN IDIOT :freep:

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Plinkey posted:

At work right now so can't really post from my phone but the freep tears are flowing hard today over Trump caving on the wall and shut down.

This was one of those news stories where my first thought was “I can’t wait for freep.” Love those.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep: Not yelling. I hit the drat ‘caps lock’ key accidentally.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Plinkey posted:

Can you imagine how long it takes them to type out some of these screeds? Head bent over the keyboard, index fingers hunting for the next key to peck... By the time you finish your thought, look up, and realize caps lock was on, 5 minutes have elapsed.

Maybe that's why they never go join what they hope will be the start of the revolution: by the time they're done typing about it the sun is down and they need to get ready for bed.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Plinkey posted:

...Which is why there are no lowercase letters where uppercase ones should be. Totally just accidental Caps Lock.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Chuck Schumer mocks President Trump: "Hopefully now the president has learned his lesson...

Holy poo poo, you know it's bad when Schumer is dunking on you.

quote:

To: E. Pluribus Unum

OMG! To have that supreme PUTZ put down a PATRIOT like TRUMP Chaps my rear end!

2 posted on 01/25/2019 4:04:55 PM PST by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

:smugdon: Curse you Gadget! I'll get you next time! *Slams fist down on console, startling his cat*

quote:

Youtube has a lot of videos of people who begin to celebrate their “victory” too soon. I have no reason to believe this is over.

4 posted on 01/25/2019 4:05:57 PM PST by CIB-173RDABN (I am not an expert in anything, and my opinion is just that, an opinion. I may be wrong.)

quote:

A tad bit premature there, Chuck U.

7 posted on 01/25/2019 4:06:06 PM PST by JPG (MAGA!)

quote:

I also hope Donald Trump “learned his lesson”: never bargain with the Devil.

9 posted on 01/25/2019 4:06:49 PM PST by windsorknot

quote:

Worse than Bush breaking his no new taxes pledge.

11 posted on 01/25/2019 4:07:05 PM PST by Brilliant

quote:

To: Brilliant

Trump is strong and smart.

You’re dust.

43 posted on 01/25/2019 4:18:56 PM PST by coaster123 (Bring back the curtsy.)

No! Ronnie No! :ohdear:

quote:

A rope, tarred and feathered is to good for this despicable scumbag he needs to be drawn and quartered

19 posted on 01/25/2019 4:11:11 PM PST by ronnie raygun (nic dip.com)

quote:

They’re not Democrats, they’re communist traitors. In a perfect world, Schumer will have a massive non-fatal stroke that will reduce him to a drooling, wheelchair-bound lump of slowly-rotting flesh.

25 posted on 01/25/2019 4:12:10 PM PST by Ancient Man

quote:

To: JPG

Whatever.

A zillion people heading towards the border is a national emergency.

A president can bomb the #### out of another country without congress’ permission so I think he can build a wall.

Let it go to the SCOTUS.

27 posted on 01/25/2019 4:12:49 PM PST by dp0622 (The Left should know if.. Trump is kicked out of office, it is WAR!)

quote:

Trump needs to restore law and order. He needs to hire those that can prosecute dem crimes. Without that, THIS is the result.

29 posted on 01/25/2019 4:14:18 PM PST by CodeToad ( Hating on Trump is hating on me and America!.)

Let the tears flow!

quote:

Schumer is right. Trump betrayed us and CAVED on the wall.

Hillary and her entire team are walking around free. A growing number of Trump associates have been arrested. Mueller hasn't been fired. FISA hasn't been declassed...and now Trump caves on the wall.

Talk is cheap.

30 posted on 01/25/2019 4:14:26 PM PST by SENTINEL (Kneel down to God. Stand up to tyrants. STICK TO YOUR GUNS !)

Keep the faith, my brothers!

quote:

To: Brilliant

Worse than Bush breaking his no new taxes pledge.

Bull! The President held them off as long as he could but six traitor Republican senators showed their true colors and sided with Dems. They were going to reopen government either way.

President Trump is still fighting, I wish Americans would help him instead of turning their backs on him. Call your Senator, tweet McConnell, fight with our President before Dems & traitor GOP succeed in locking us out of thee process altogether. That's where we're headed.

37 posted on 01/25/2019 4:16:47 PM PST by Kenny

We also have Trump on video bragging about the shutdown and look where we are.

quote:

To: ronnie raygun

It’s official, Rats are against real border security (a wall) and they do not give a cr@p about the American people.

We have you on video, Schmucky, you nasty leering F***tard!! You care more about illegal aliens, MS13, drug and human traffickers. Glad you made it official.

38 posted on 01/25/2019 4:17:03 PM PST by RooRoobird20 ("Democrats haven't been this angry since Republicans freed the slaves."the reason est were)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

To: RooRoobird20

“Glad you made it official.”

Why does it matter.

He won.

42 posted on 01/25/2019 4:18:53 PM PST by Mariner (War Criminal #18)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Kenny

The problem is that perception is reality.

And it’s hard to come away with a different interpretation that Trump caved.

Pelosi is being praised to the gills, and not just by liberals. People like a leader, even if they don’t agree with them on issues. And Pelosi came out of this looking much more like a leader than Trump.

And it really pains me to the core to say that.

41 posted on 01/25/2019 4:18:51 PM PST by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

quote:

Trump is going to declare the emergency.
The writing is on the wall.
The court battles will test us.
We have too many branches of government now.
Think about it. The war for our sovereignty is here. Time to break out the list.

50 posted on 01/25/2019 4:25:18 PM PST by right way right (May we remain sober over mere men, for God really is our only true hope.)

quote:

To: CIB-173RDABN

It’s not over., Next shut down will be on chcckie and nans head. Watch, they will get totally blamed for it now.

Trump can go in and honestly say he has tried everything and nothing could get by these idiots.

He can now build the wall and give up nothing to DACA or anything else. DACA kids can blame nan now and will. More votes will swing over to Trump.
I just hope he gets around to publishing all her trips expenses with her family on the taxpayers dime.

54 posted on 01/25/2019 4:28:34 PM PST by oldasrocks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

First I heard about Roger Stone then Trump caving in on the same day. Then I thought about Freep for the first time in years and their responses. Gotta say :laugh:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Aww, Ancient Man just wants Schumer vs. Trump to be a fair fight.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

In spite of this being within the President's powers several prog judges on the 9th Circuit or somewhere else will issue an injunction to stop this. Will the President refuse to recognize the injunction as an improper and unconstitutional infringement on executive powers and push ahead.

The constitutional system of checks and balances is actually improper and unconstitutional.

quote:

Here is a street fighter with
- no legislative experience,
- little political negotiation experience pertinent to the Hill,

Trump has no political experience, he's a street fighter, he's gonna get things done because he's not some weenie politician!

Well duh of course Trump failed to get things done, he's a street fighter, he has no political experience, what did you expect?

quote:

We have too many branches of government now.

Dear Mister President, there are too many branches of government nowadays. Please eliminate two. I am not a crackpot.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Jesus Christ:
FReep: We have too many branches of government now

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I know it's because of countless years of rightwing media conditioning, but I still can't get over, how they think Chuck & Nancy are super left wing communists.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Ambitious Spider posted:

I know it's because of countless years of rightwing media conditioning, but I still can't get over, how they think Chuck & Nancy are super left wing communists.

If you sat them down and worked through it they'd probably admit they are not (but maybe they wouldn't). Dems = bad. Communists = bad. Chuck and Nancy = Dems. Therefore, Chuck and Nancy = Communists. There's no deeper thought process involved than that and whatever Rush said over the last week.

I've actually gotten a few people to back off that rhetoric by pointing out that if they were actual communists Pelosi would have had much easier time with the speakership election.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Between cancelling the State of the Union, Stone getting arrested, and now the shutdown ending these have been the best two pages of Freep schadenfreude since, like, Obergefell.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Twelve by Pies posted:

Trump has no political experience, he's a street fighter, he's gonna get things done because he's not some weenie politician!

Well duh of course Trump failed to get things done, he's a street fighter, he has no political experience, what did you expect?

Remember when the talking point was that Obama the community organizer had no experience and wasn't ready to be president yet?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Statement backed by Well-respected Businessman Erik Prince (CEO of Blackwater, from a family of insane evangelical fundamentalists, who thinks his companys spree shootings against Iraqi civilians were permissible because he was on a crusade from God)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Karma Comedian posted:

Jesus Christ:
FReep: We have too many branches of government now

We have to destroy the constitution in order to save it

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I wandered over to freep for a little schadenfreude snack today but it's just so drat BORING and predictable anymore.

80-90 percent of regular posters are still all in on "well this doesn't look great (shutdown cave) but I still have faith that our big fat orange Jesus is playing 11th dimensional chess and will somehow smite our enemies in some way that I can't quite envision right now".

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Zwabu posted:

I wandered over to freep for a little schadenfreude snack today but it's just so drat BORING and predictable anymore.

80-90 percent of regular posters are still all in on "well this doesn't look great (shutdown cave) but I still have faith that our big fat orange Jesus is playing 11th dimensional chess and will somehow smite our enemies in some way that I can't quite envision right now".

Getting impeached to own the libs.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

kik2dagroin posted:

To: CodeToad
And we have had, in 2018, a preview of the massive fraud they will employ to take every single seat won by Republicans, and if they don’t take the seat via “vote harvesting” they dem majorities will simply refuse to seat the Republican winner, citing voter fraud. Mr. Trump failed to do anything about the voter fraud before this congress was seated, and now it is too late. We have a short time left to make our souls right with God and place lives under his protection. Do not be blind about this. I do not say we should give up but recognize the battle is lost. God will win the war for us, but for now, it is time to recognize the times for what they are.

94 posted on 1/25/2019, 11:48:50 AM by erkelly

Yeah, strange all the voter fraud we saw was in red states where Rs won. It's almost like they're the ones doing the fraud

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

No! Ronnie No! :ohdear:

Wasn't ronnie raygun a troll account on Reaganbook?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

Wasn't ronnie raygun a troll account on Reaganbook?

“The Atomic Adventures of Ronnie Raygun” was definitely an entry on the SCP wiki. As for Reaganbook, that got trolled into the ground before it even got rolling. The TeaPartyCommunity protocol, if you will :patriot:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its a 50 year old pun.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Pouring one out for Dale.

Then I'll go lie down in the street and... laugh.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

TRUMP DID NOT FAIL US, WE FAILED TRUMP

I think Freep has reached the bargaining phase now.

quote:

To: Captain Peter Blood

The Republican party had Congress for the first two years of Trump’s admin & didn’t build the Wall. Why would the DemonRats do what GOP traitors wouldn’t do?

2 posted on 01/26/2019 6:04:00 PM PST by Trumpisourlastchance

It looks like some have already skipped ahead to depression though.

quote:

I feel terrible. I will never forgive myself, and I don’t expect God to forgive me, either.

3 posted on 01/26/2019 6:05:35 PM PST by Tax-chick ("Leadership's defining quality is honesty." ~ Maj. Dick Winters)

quote:

It’s not over. Trump always has the option to appropriate funds from where he sees fit.

He’s giving the Democrats an opportunity to either bargain or reveal themselves as unwilling to bargain.

4 posted on 01/26/2019 6:06:10 PM PST by Jonty30 (What Islam and secularism have in common is that they are both death by cultsther)

quote:

To: Trumpisourlastchance

Some of the members of Congress may have had an “R” by their name, but they sure as hell were not republican followers...

6 posted on 01/26/2019 6:08:19 PM PST by JBW1949 (I'm really PC....PATRIOTICALLY CORRECT!!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Trumpisourlastchance

And the Republican Party would not support Trump either, Ryan and McConnell certainly did not want that border wall funding.

9 posted on 01/26/2019 6:12:37 PM PST by Captain Peter Blood
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

We’re not the ones with veto power. Trump is. Could he have held up the tax cuts over the border wall by threatening a veto? Yes. Did he? No. Remember - the globalist wing of the GOP needs immigration restrictionists to get their agenda through.

And yet, when he had majorities in both chambers, he failed to make the wall his #1 priority. The result of Trump failing immigration patriots? He may not be re-nominated, let alone re-elected. This is why he’s flailing around with this theatrical shutdown, which will achieve nothing, because the Democrats don’t have persuadable Congressmen in the house. Whereas, for two years after his election in 2016, Trump could have at least threatened to primary any recalcitrant GOP House members the way he forced Corker and Flake out of their seats. But he never did.

I’m a results-oriented person. I judge people by their results, not by their explanations or excuses. By that measure, Trump has fallen flat on his face re immigration. He has put immigration restriction last on his list of priorities. And that will haunt him in 2020 with the voters who believed his promise to put it first.

11 posted on 01/26/2019 6:14:18 PM PST by Zhang Fei (My dad had a Delta 88. That was a car. It was like driving your living room.)

quote:

Trump worked his rear end off to win a very tough election. The stakes couldn’t have been higher, as Hillary would have killed what is left of our Republic. Trump is as good as we will ever get. These losses and the assault on him, his friends and family must be highly demoralizing. He needs a show of support from his base.

12 posted on 01/26/2019 6:14:54 PM PST by caltaxed

quote:

Spot on. The Uniparty promised us a wall 32 YEARS AGO. It’s ludicrous to blame POTUS for this mess.

14 posted on 01/26/2019 6:15:07 PM PST by lodi90

quote:

We've been vocal and we've been supportive. This goes back to the beginning of his administration when he reluctantly signed Paul Ryan's budget which didn't address the deficit and didn't include Wall funding. He should have sent the Republicans back to include the wall and cut the deficit. He failed us when he didn't issue the EO when the House and Senate took Christmas vacation, showing they had no intention of negotiating a reasonable agreement.

We're BEGGING President Trump to get it right. The nation won't survive if he doesn't get going on border security.....there just isn't any time left. We're being over-run and the gov is being taken over by a new breed of pols that doesn't have a clue about "what could go wrong".

22 posted on 01/26/2019 6:23:24 PM PST by grania ("We're all just pawns in their game")

:catstare:

quote:

“My dream would be 10 Million of us march on Washington D.C. and demand what we know is right and the politicians be Damned.“

#metoo

24 posted on 01/26/2019 6:27:19 PM PST by right way right (May we remain sober over mere men, for God really is our only true hope.)

:rip: America 1776-2008 2010 2012 2014 2016 2018 2019

quote:

As far as I am concerned, we have far greater problems than the wall. The enemy is already here. Many born here but educated in the public school and college systems. The borders on all coasts have been sieves, and the democrats have taken full credit for allowing them in and then giving them sanctuary, homes, food healthcare, these people will never vote Republican. Our federal, state and local governments are laced with Obamaites from the top down. There is so much wrong with this country and I don’t ever see it ever being repaired. Sadly, with what has happened to Donald Trump, I honestly believe the war is over and what Is happening now is mopping up, indicting stragglers and burying the bodies. The real perps like Clinton are walking free and they are not even trying to hide it.

31 posted on 01/26/2019 6:38:56 PM PST by Toespi

quote:

I agree with you! I am with you! I am with Trump! This is the moment. This is it. This is the last chance for the West. If we fail Trump our civilization and our culture is over.

Make no mistake. We are on the knife edge of another Dark Age. May the light prevail. Let us not be the generation that allowed Judeo-Christian civilization to be extinguished.

33 posted on 01/26/2019 6:46:09 PM PST by Toad of Toad Hall (nunquam minus solus quam cum solus)

:smugdon: Ha ha jokes on you, I was only pretending to be retarded!

quote:

To: All

Will everyone just stop please Trump didn’t get where he is by listening to you morons not only will he have the wall built but he will also bring down the deep state it’s going to happen and it’s going to be one hell of a story to to your grandkids. It wasn’t luck that Trump won its supposed to be

35 posted on 01/26/2019 6:48:48 PM PST by VastRWCon (Fake News)

quote:

To: VastRWCon

~ Feb 15 POTUS declares emergency
~ EO goes to court, hopefully quickly
~ Court confirms EO, verifying State of Emergency
~ We have our WALL
~ Court case confirms Deep State’s subversion and lack of concern of the American People for last 50 days

POTUS is playing long ball for the win on multiple fronts.

41 posted on 01/26/2019 7:13:43 PM PST by jeepertrains
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

I for one welcome our new Mexican Overlords.

quote:

Trump was elected to stop the USA from becoming Mexico.

Instead of prioritizing that, he lets the GOPe first get their precious tax bill through. And then their failure theater on Obamacare. Then the House flips.

Nothing significant was or will be achieved regarding campaign promise numero uno. No reduction in third world legal migration. No reduction in illegal migration. No wall.

So we become Mexico.

44 posted on 01/26/2019 7:16:55 PM PST by Dagnabitt ( No wall. No budget. Shut. It. Down.)

Wait, what stage of grief was revenge fantasies, again? Anger? Bargaining?

quote:

He does not have to wait to declare National Emergency.

He does if he wants to solidify public support which is critical to success whether you think so or not.

My dream is about 100 gibbets on the Capitol Mall. I reckon about thirty refills and we have a good start on eradicating most of the treasonous b*stards.

59 posted on 01/26/2019 7:39:51 PM PST by SandwicheGuy (*The butter acts as a lubricant and speeds up the CPU)

I think he forgot what he was talking about halfway through there.

quote:

He can do stuff in his power to do that’s what
Here’s a few
Start by sending the army to the border
Start taxing remittances
Start firing Obola associates
Start arresting public officials that allow sanctuary
Find out if RBG is alive
For crying out loud Sandmann didn’t even
get clock boy status

63 posted on 01/26/2019 7:57:40 PM PST by Phil DiBasquette
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies]

You can't always get what you want.

quote:

The title smakes it seem like we are supposed to work hard and for the benefit of Trump.

Sometimes you can want something really bad. And it still doesn’t come true.

The key is to win more than you lose.

71 posted on 01/26/2019 8:34:24 PM PST by Vermont Lt

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Trump should put a 70% tax on income over $10m to pay for the wall.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

jobson groeth posted:

Trump should put a 70% tax on income over $10m to pay for the wall.

I don't know how many Mexicans earn that much money.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I don't know how many Mexicans earn that much money.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

US Orders Some Diplomats Out of Venezuela; Embassy to Remain Open

quote:

“Noriega redo, anyone?”
Yes. There’s this little thingee called The Monroe Doctrine. Send Maduro packing, along with his props Russia, China, Iran, etc. ‘Raus.

quote:

Pleasant to think that Maduro may be checking out like Saddam or Ceaucescu.
6 posted on 1/24/2019, 7:21:29 PM by Nothingburger

quote:

Since there is ongoing regime change I have a fresh idea.
Let Department of State send Ocasio Cortez for Venezuela President.

Leftists like to say Socialism fails only because wrong people are in charge. With such an expert on Socialism it simply can’t go contrary to the ideal. If the test drive would be ok and Venezuela ends up a model successful socialist utopia fill of happy people at once you can kick the girl upstairs and let her do it in US.

Not earlier, please!

15 posted on 1/24/2019, 10:16:32 PM by NorseViking

quote:

Look up the economics term: “Creative destruction.”

It happens all the time in economic history and people in history adjust to it and reap the benefits of increased productivity. The Cotton Gin put a lot of people out of work because seeds could be separated from cotton with a machine. The automobile put blacksmiths out of business over time. Scanners in grocery checkout lines reduced the need to pay as many checkers. And so on.

Technology does displace people who WERE essential and now they are freed up to do other productive work and society continues to evolve. But this is another discussion...

18 posted on 1/24/2019, 10:42:47 PM by AlanGreenSpam (Obama: The First 'American IDOL' President - sponsored by Chicago NeoCom Thugs)

quote:

Let slip the Dogs of War and issue new ROE for the USMC guard contingent for the embassy. Shoot to kill orders carried out will deter the mob.
20 posted on 1/24/2019, 11:25:26 PM by ExSoldier ("Terrorists: They hate you yesterday, today, and tomorrow. End it, no more tomorrows for them!)
If there's one way Trump can win back/reinvigorate the CHUD Old Guard it's a good old fashioned coup just like Daddy Reagan used to do.

Also this one was just too funny not to include

quote:

Non essential personal, only government hires non essential personal

If you are non essential in the private sector, you get fired.

4 posted on 1/24/2019, 7:16:04 PM by Trump.Deplorable

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 28, 2019

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

420 Gank Mid posted:

Look up the economics term: “Creative destruction.”

It happens all the time in economic history and people in history adjust to it and reap the benefits of increased productivity. The Cotton Gin put a lot of people out of work because seeds could be separated from cotton with a machine. The automobile put blacksmiths out of business over time. Scanners in grocery checkout lines reduced the need to pay as many checkers. And so on.

Technology does displace people who WERE essential and now they are freed up to do other productive work and society continues to evolve. But this is another discussion...

18 posted on 1/24/2019, 10:42:47 PM by AlanGreenSpam (Obama: The First 'American IDOL' President - sponsored by Chicago NeoCom Thugs)

Yeah, we'll just ignore that whole slavery thing
How does any of that poo poo thought work?
The cotton gin made cotton so much more profitable that slavery increased because of it
Blacksmiths were put out of business by automation, not cars.
Scanners didn't reduce the amount of checkers, it just changed the fact they didn't have to punch every item in manually.

How the gently caress does this moron survive?

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 28, 2019

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Also, his assumption that everyone benefits from increased productivity, rather than just management, as seen so well by our current trend of wages matching a huge rise in worker output!

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, we'll just ignore that whole slavery thing
How does any of that poo poo thought work?
The cotton gin made cotton so much more profitable that slavery increased because of it
Blacksmiths were put out of business by automation, not cars.
Scanners didn't reduce the amount of checkers, it just changed the fact they didn't have to punch every item in manually.

How the gently caress does this moron survive?

I mean, less time per item does speed up checkout which does require fewer cashiers (which, with increased accuracy was the whole point), but your point stands.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There real reason there are only so many cashiers at chain stores is the same reason every grocery store has practically the same layout- they have been rigorously studied to maximize profit. They want you in line long enough to impulse buy stuff, either the small items lining checkout isles or by thinking “well, might as well get x while I’m here” after you see there’s a short wait, but not long enough to be annoyed enough to go elsewhere.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There real reason there are only so many cashiers at chain stores is the same reason every grocery store has practically the same layout- they have been rigorously studied to maximize profit. They want you in line long enough to impulse buy stuff, either the small items lining checkout isles or by thinking “well, might as well get x while I’m here” after you see there’s a short wait, but not long enough to be annoyed enough to go elsewhere.

I haven't waited in a line at the supermarket in many years thanks to the self checkout lanes, which further optimize things by letting one cashier monitor six lanes at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I haven't waited in a line at the supermarket in many years thanks to the self checkout lanes, which further optimize things by letting one cashier monitor six lanes at once.

It *always* bums me out to see that.

Hey, you know this lovely minimum wage job you hate? Well now you have to do it standing up six times as fast!