Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

PierreTheMime posted:

Holy poo poo, Kelermorphs are apparently amazing character assassins. They can target characters and have three 2-shot pistols that each generate another shot on successful hits, meaning 6-12 shots per turn. :stare: After murdering a target, all friendly cultists cheer in adoration and get to reroll 1s to hit. Yeah, I'll be taking these.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/25/25th-jan-warhammer-40000-new-charactersgw-homepage-post-1/

That looks like a ton of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Yoink, that's a pretty good dude. If they keep the wording/mechanics on cult ambush, that dude has pretty good chance of delivering a group of melee killers right where you want them, gonna be difficult to screen characters against him too with the 12 inch range. Pistol 2 in 40k compared to pistol 1 in kill-team is also pretty tasty.

Without rerolls, that's going to be a lot of shots on average, bs 2 and all. He'll be right around killing space marine captain on average.

e: vv - surround him with aberrants when you cult ambush them into the back lines :black101:

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 25, 2019

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Looks cool and I love the model, but how the heck are you supposed to keep him out of combat with a 12" range on the pistols? Always be screening I guess?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

IPA Regulations posted:

Looks cool and I love the model, but how the heck are you supposed to keep him out of combat with a 12" range on the pistols? Always be screening I guess?

Once he's assassinated a couple of key characters, who cares?

Realtalk though he's in GSC/Nids, you have plenty of options for chaff to throw down in front of him.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

IPA Regulations posted:

Screen or accept that they'll be melee'd. With a 5++ and 4W you'd need a decent combat character in there to wipe it out before it gets to shoot you in melee 6-12 times in the face. It's a great attention grabbing character to keep pressure of other places. Genestealer Cult seems to really be leaning into the "overwhelm target priority" strategy and I like the look of it.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Harkano posted:

A madman just posted this on Spikey Bit's FB -

Not sure if Manta or Kill Team Board.

I want to believe that the person who made this shed a single tear when it was done and then immediately walked out of an upper story window.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Hold onto your asses everyone

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Kelermorph looking neat. He seems pretty good at mowing down units of light-medium infantry and the like, but with only a 5+ save (unless he gets an invuln we're not seeing in the preview) he's likely to be a one-hit wonder. I like the idea of him popping up behind enemy lines and mowing down Heavy Weapon squads and the like.

I wonder if the full GSC book is going to have something like the KT Tactic where instead of shooting normally he takes a shot at every model in range?

In any case I'm getting pretty tempted by the new box...

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Zark the Damned posted:

Kelermorph looking neat. He seems pretty good at mowing down units of light-medium infantry and the like, but with only a 5+ save (unless he gets an invuln we're not seeing in the preview) he's likely to be a one-hit wonder.

It's in the preview text:

quote:

The quicksilver reflexes that make a Kelermorph such a deadly marksman also help to keep them alive, granting a 5+ invulnerable save, and enable them to pick out enemy leaders even amid the carnage of battle.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I was picking up some paints last night and saw the Urban Conquest box. For $100, the terrain pieces they provide are pretty lame, IMO.

I wish I could just buy the book, but all I saw were box sets.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Tech-Priest ability is pretty cool, but at first I read it backwards, giving 6" to 24" and under weapons and 3" to other, and I kind of prefer that? He would have been a cool support unit to run around with Vanguards in that case. Would have lead to fractional Rapid Fire ranges though, which I guess is a no-no.

I already pre-ordered the KT box he's in though so I'm running him no matter what anyway.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Zark the Damned posted:

Kelermorph looking neat. He seems pretty good at mowing down units of light-medium infantry and the like, but with only a 5+ save (unless he gets an invuln we're not seeing in the preview) he's likely to be a one-hit wonder. I like the idea of him popping up behind enemy lines and mowing down Heavy Weapon squads and the like.

I wonder if the full GSC book is going to have something like the KT Tactic where instead of shooting normally he takes a shot at every model in range?

In any case I'm getting pretty tempted by the new box...

It's a 5+ invlun, but even then it's likely that keeping the Kelermorph alive will be hard to balance out how deadly he will be to valuable characters/troops alive when he's in the neighborhood. T3 and W4 isn't a lot.

I love that his weapon is nothing to write home about - he's deadly because of his natural blessings from the six-armed Emperor. Thematically fitting for GSC.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The Fatman buffing weapon ranges of any Forge World unit seems huge. 54" neutron lasers and 42" phosphor on bots is a big difference.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Deified Data posted:

The Fatman buffing weapon ranges of any Forge World unit seems huge. 54" neutron lasers and 42" phosphor on bots is a big difference.

I probably won't buy the box but I have plenty of Doninuses (Dominii?) to convert.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

Seems way better than the movement buff? I liked the idea of unloading a transport with a chubso and a bunch of electropriests, but only adding 1" to the charge still makes it a risky proposition. I think 9" is as close as you can unload? So you need to roll an 8, which is around 40% probability. Bump it up to 2 or 3" and then it competes.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Just finished reworking my Primaris Uriel Ventris to fix a bunch of stuff that was bugging me about him. I re-based him and re-painted the power sword to keep him more consistent with the rest of the army, gave him a banner that didn't defy physics by swooshing in the opposite direction to his cape, and gave him a suitable bare head instead of the kinda dull helmet. I think he came out much better.

Before:

After:

With best bud Pasanius:

Primarch, Chapter Master and 4th Co. Captain:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Seldom Posts posted:

Seems way better than the movement buff? I liked the idea of unloading a transport with a chubso and a bunch of electropriests, but only adding 1" to the charge still makes it a risky proposition. I think 9" is as close as you can unload? So you need to roll an 8, which is around 40% probability. Bump it up to 2 or 3" and then it competes.

Yeah he's being wasted anywhere he's not within 6" of big guns.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Deified Data posted:

Yeah he's being wasted anywhere he's not within 6" of big guns.

It's interesting that they don't note the effect doesn't stack. Considering the very small list of HQs AdMech has if BigData (it's the only thing I can think of when I see the model) is priced right I imagine seeing more than one at a time.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I really think the new GSC stuff is doing a great job rocking the “insurgent light infantry” thing. It’s really helping the army have a concept distinct from “Guard, only with Genestealers”.

I’m not as much of a fan of the Biophagus, seems like he should be more of a Twisted Helix special character, (purposeful) bioengineering like they describe hasn’t really been a GSC thing, it seems like? The GSC has been more, like, “shaggy religious miner cult” more than “guy with an alembic”?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

PierreTheMime posted:

BigData (it's the only thing I can think of when I see the model)

Thicc-Priest Manipulus.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

These rules all seem pretty tame tbh. I'm a bit sad that the Telemon took a bit or a nerf, but it did get a points drop which should free up enough points in my (40k) Custards list to bring back some other toys. Not sure there are any other things worth looking at. All the new custodian guard options look underwhelming, and not being troops really puts the nail in their coffin for me. Those jetbikes don't particularly strike me as worth taking over the current GW bikes either. The Achilles Dread chould be fun with it's point drop though.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

PierreTheMime posted:

It's interesting that they don't note the effect doesn't stack. Considering the very small list of HQs AdMech has if BigData (it's the only thing I can think of when I see the model) is priced right I imagine seeing more than one at a time.

Right on all points. They'll probably adjust the rule before official release, though.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Going to be hard to resist getting into GSC with the new release. Killteam boxes seem tempting as well.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Cowboy Genestealer cult are best Genestealer cult

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

PierreTheMime posted:

It's in the preview text:

Ahh, I missed that. 5+ not too bad but still a big fragile vs dedicated firepower. Maybe run him with Acolytes for more close range shooting / combat?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Zark the Damned posted:

Ahh, I missed that. 5+ not too bad but still a big fragile vs dedicated firepower. Maybe run him with Acolytes for more close range shooting / combat?

Yeah, I'm assuming GSC also keep unquestioning loyalty which can help. I still like putting him in a group of aberrants though. They are tough enough to protect him pretty well, but also desperately need to get in after ambushing, so his +3 on the roll really is the business. If he manages to snipe a guy, the reroll 1 is also good for them. I still also want a abominant go with them though.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Is it just me, or is Three-Armed Cowboy as thematically awesome and mechanically interesting as BigData is dull and lackluster?

Shoot a thousand times and nearby cowpoke get to reroll 1s vs add a little range to already rather long ranged guns?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Duct Tape posted:

Is it just me, or is Three-Armed Cowboy as thematically awesome and mechanically interesting as BigData is dull and lackluster?

Shoot a thousand times and nearby cowpoke get to reroll 1s vs add a little range to already rather long ranged guns?

Yes but consider the baseline. GSC are awesome everywhere. AdMech are kind of milquetoast.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Edit: wrong thread

They're both cool but even for someone who likes admech, mutant cowboy is way more novel.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah, I like Bellysarius Cawl but all of the new GSC stuff they've shown is really, really cool.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I also love Admech, but I am of course already planning my next army. I was leaning strongly into CSM, but the GSC models are just so tight.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Soviet Commubot posted:

Bellysarius Cawl

:potg:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think part of this is also that GW is kind of getting to build GSC back up from the ground up, whereas making a new model that fundamentally changes how an AdMech army works would be...weird.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Just finished reworking my Primaris Uriel Ventris to fix a bunch of stuff that was bugging me about him. I re-based him and re-painted the power sword to keep him more consistent with the rest of the army, gave him a banner that didn't defy physics by swooshing in the opposite direction to his cape, and gave him a suitable bare head instead of the kinda dull helmet. I think he came out much better.

Before:

After:

With best bud Pasanius:

Primarch, Chapter Master and 4th Co. Captain:

Looking loving fantastic man!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

PierreTheMime posted:

Holy poo poo, Kelermorphs are apparently amazing character assassins.

Model spreads nasty rumors about target character, causing other units to take a -2 Ld when within 6 inches of target model.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Uroboros posted:

Looking loving fantastic man!

Thank you sir!

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
It helps that most of the GSC characters don’t seem that difficult to convert from neophytes and acolytes. The kellermorph is an acolyte with 3 guns and a badass scarf. DJ Stealer has a fancy sound setup. Hologram man is a neophyte next to a fancy console. The only really unique ones are the assassin’s creed ninja, the dual sword cane man, and the invader zim Doctor.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It’s a cool model but it reminds me of Snitch or whatever that old skaven assassin.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
All the GSC stuff is so rad. I love the themes of industrial uprising combined with the lovecraftian dark tones. Can't wait to put together a mining colony that delved too deep.

Just hope I can actually play them outside of a horde configuration because as cool as they are, I'm burned out on 100 model armies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Duct Tape posted:

Someone please convert him to have a hat.