Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
People who complain about toxic CIS players in cs should just make a tiny effort to learn a little bit of cs russian and you'll have a loyal friend for the entire match

Call your idiot friend a Dolboeb. Yell, don't just say Horosho bratan when they clutch, sprinkle in an appropriate cyka and blyet here and there, just be a conduit for positive slavic vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypknY6nIDe0&t=247s

Ovo je za moje prijatelje

pover plai muzika

Finska je broj jedan -- VOLIM TE REFU

Slumpy fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 26, 2019

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Kad si ti naucio bosanski

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
*Srpski

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Dipped in for a bit of TDM earlier for the first time in a while. Sad to see Austria and Subzero gone, but Zoo is a very pretty (and educational) map.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
ive no way to play this game during summer break (other hemisphere ftw) and its driving me crazy

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
BIG looked so good on t side cache but what a choke. Cloud9 clutching everything there at the end.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Still love players that yell for full rotation to a based on seeing one guy in mid on inferno. Jesus

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

ilmucche posted:

Still love players that yell for full rotation to a based on seeing one guy in mid on inferno. Jesus

Calling "All <x>" without having literally seen the whites in the eyes of 5 moving bodies should be a bannable offense

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So I've jumped in for the first time in ages, I see nuke and cobble have both had changes. Cobble has changed massively. Will it be coming back into the pro scene any time soon?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

ilmucche posted:

So I've jumped in for the first time in ages, I see nuke and cobble have both had changes. Cobble has changed massively. Will it be coming back into the pro scene any time soon?

Haven't heard much about it. Probably rolled into next big case release or something. It's getting about time for it though.

Caught ViCi getting into the Major vs North. 3-0 in maps overall against them, it was no fluke. kaze and Freeman tore it up. Still, a pretty nuts outcome. Really huge whiff from a team like North, they had every chance. Feel bad for valde, because that guy is extremely nuts and just seems to get better and better. The best Danish player not on Astralis probably.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That Freeman pistol ace was pretty good

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
KazeGod

So much money wasted on North.

Soulex posted:

That Freeman pistol ace was pretty good

https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyPolishedAppleSoonerLater

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

The ViCi and North games were fun. https://clips.twitch.tv/FragileArtsyGoatVoteNay

I remember when they changed cobble a while back but I never played it until last week. Felt like A was much easier to take with the removal of Danger. It's been dramatically simplified.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Abbey is a great fun map I'm really excited to play it in mm

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I like Zoo.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Can't even imagine playing a map that's not in the active duty roster

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i just came back to csgo this month after not touching cs since 2005 and i really miss oilrig and backalley

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

also how are people still bad at cs? i’m not good but i feel like i’m playing with some literal children sometimes who don’t actually know what a and b mean

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

god i love cs

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Casual Encountess posted:

also how are people still bad at cs? i’m not good but i feel like i’m playing with some literal children sometimes who don’t actually know what a and b mean

If you've been away from cs for a decade+, I assume your current matchmaking rank is dog tier, in which case I am incredibly sorry but you probably have half a dozen ranks to climb before the games even starts to vaguely resemble cs

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
ChrisJ and Styko out of mouz, so I guess they must've signed karrigan and someone else? Ideas?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

drat, I've always been a huge fan of chrisJ. Great 'onliner' AWPer that turned himself into a hybrid IGL LAN beast. I hope he ends up on a good team(FaZe chrisJ if AdreN doesn't work out).

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Bohemian Nights posted:

If you've been away from cs for a decade+, I assume your current matchmaking rank is dog tier, in which case I am incredibly sorry but you probably have half a dozen ranks to climb before the games even starts to vaguely resemble cs

as the resident bottom of silver player: people even at the lowest level of comp seem to know how to play the game, they just can't, including me, so i have no idea where the mythical bad players who don't know what points are are hiding

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ungulateman posted:

as the resident bottom of silver player: people even at the lowest level of comp seem to know how to play the game, they just can't, including me, so i have no idea where the mythical bad players who don't know what points are are hiding

I'd argue that most players at silver (including me) don't know how to play the game. Sure, click the mans and whatever, but on site by 25 seconds into every round, no patience, 5 man rotations when the first t is spotted. We all have no idea what we're doing beyond buy gun -> click heads next to torsos

The russian children I play with in every game only know where b is and want to rush it every round. This is every map.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I'm crawling back out of silver as well. Something that has helped me is zooming the radar way out so I can see the whole map. It's improved my game sense a lot since I can see where deaths are happening and if the bomb was actually spotted when someone calls for a full rotation.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I'm wondering if that 7.3m is counting Origin Premier memberships. Every single person I played BFV with paid $15 for a month of Origin Premier and bounced off the game after that instead of the $60 base game cost.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Bohemian Nights posted:

this is going to be fun. i’m trying to assemble a 5 man team to do competitive and everybody else is a cs noob so silver is going to be a wild ride once i have 5 people who know how to click on peoples heads

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

this is going to be fun. i’m trying to assemble a 5 man team to do competitive and everybody else is a cs noob so silver is going to be a wild ride once i have 5 people who know how to click on peoples heads

Getting a full consistent group, regardless of skill level, is definitely the best and most enjoyable way to play!

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

two of the other three aren’t good but listen and communicate well so when they get shot in the face it’s easy to rotate to whatever hole they left

the other guy is mad it isn’t ut99 and frankly i agree but this shootymans has opponents at least

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I recommend that decide on a handful and stick to a limited map pool until your people start learning the call outs and common angles

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Getting a full consistent group, regardless of skill level, is definitely the best and most enjoyable way to play!

I have never had this.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Soulex posted:

I have never had this.

The subio goons play quite a bit of mm, maybe you should join that discord and tag along

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Low silver skill and 150+ ping suuuuucked for goonmans

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
A consistent group is basically the impossible dream beyond a certain age. Having 5 players on a reliable schedule is almost fantasy.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

two of the other three aren’t good but listen and communicate well so when they get shot in the face it’s easy to rotate to whatever hole they left

the other guy is mad it isn’t ut99 and frankly i agree but this shootymans has opponents at least

What is your schedule? I can usually squeeze several games a few times a week. In a world with some semblance of social order and justice goonmans would be running more frequently.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Jeza posted:

A consistent group is basically the impossible dream beyond a certain age. Having 5 players on a reliable schedule is almost fantasy.

At any age, really.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I guess I'm pretty lucky to have played with the same gang of 5-8 scandis for the last four years- participation only wavers around WoW expansions, otherwise it's almost a given that two, three games are played every single day with a rotating crew, half of which I played cs league stuff with for two of those years

I'd probably just quit playing if I didn't have a steady group to play with

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My real life friends stopped playing CS and started playing battle royale games so I started hanging out with goons. I don't know who's living a shittier life to be quite honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

also i just want to clarify i’m certainly not good anymore and i’m struggling a bit with new physics and recoil patterns and especially map tweaks but as somebody who played cs competitively in like 2004 it’s nice to see the game mostly hasn’t changed.

it does feel leaps and bounds above source which i loving hated from go tho