Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Original Generation is totally messed up though. I can hardly make heads or tails of it.
Yeah you're right, OG gets a little closer to KH in terms of the weight of its lore over the decades, but I'd still say it's not as bad, despite having more games that it draws plot stuff from.

As far as I can tell KH is deliberately confusing because confusing = cool to Nomura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/25/18197902/kingdom-hearts-3-ps4-pro-gamestop-pre-orders-canceled

Lol at the guy who sold his ps4 just to finance the KH ps4.

Also is it just me or does the design look like crayon scribbles? Like all I see are white scratches.

lol, people are super silly. As always, Gamestop can't know how many units they are going to actually get of a special edition. Pre-order at your own risk and accept that getting that special edition may not pan out, but at least you lose nothing if you don't get it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

My top 2018 game was Overwatch at 69 hours.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nice

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Kilometers Davis posted:

My top 2018 game was Overwatch at 69 hours.

Mine was Ni No Kuni 2 at 69 hours. Granted 10-15 of those hours were just leaving the game on while the town building stuff was progressing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BisterdDave posted:

Mine was Ni No Kuni 2 at 69 hours. Granted 10-15 of those hours were just leaving the game on while the town building stuff was progressing.

Same, but 100+ hours, many of which had a rubber band strapped to the controller so it wouldn't fall asleep.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Fix posted:

Same, but 100+ hours, many of which had a rubber band strapped to the controller so it wouldn't fall asleep.

Insane

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I put like 100 hours into Ni no Kuni 2 but that was like me doing all the content and finishing the skirmishes and the magic door dungeons and such. You get enough money to finish the town looooong before you finish all that content, like I was routinely capped out at max kingsgilders. It's kind of sad and weird that once a building has finished all its research options there's no real point to keeping it staffed so you get all these people who are like "I'd love to come to Evermore and research science!" and then after 10 hours you shove them into a mining camp for better drops.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, it was really too many hours to spend on the thing, but meh. Babby's first plat.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
You guys do know you can stop playing a game once you get the platinum trophy, right? Like, games get boring once you get all the trophies.

I got 31 platinums this year. I have a problem.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

You guys do know you can stop playing a game once you get the platinum trophy, right? Like, games get boring once you get all the trophies.

Yes you do.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If im ever close to getting plat i play something else

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BisterdDave posted:

Platted Spider-Man. Then the DLC's. Still playing.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I only ever got 1 plat and that was for the Sly Cooper 1 remaster on PS3. But that was a super easy plat to get for a really fun game.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I've only gotten two plats, Spider-Man and HZD. Both games I really loved.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

It said I gamed 714 hours last year but that can't be right. Does it count the Plex app? Lol

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Boinks posted:

It said I gamed 714 hours last year but that can't be right. Does it count the Plex app? Lol

Do you suspend games a lot? That’s why mine thinks I played for over 3k.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I absolutely shudder to think of the hours of Souls games I racked up when I was out of work for eight months, holy poo poo. Like easily in the high hundreds

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Ace Combat 7 progress:

Everything has been going smoothly and now that I hit the (Mission 15) total blackout of communications and everything going to hell, the game finally got to that neat political intrigue phase. Although I can't help but wonder if the Belkans are somewhat responsible for every single conflict in this world. Also, in the Princess rescue mission, they play a song through the radio so I guess that is going to be the one getting remixed for the climax.

Also just finished the mission with this playing and it couldn't get more :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg5guTIUhZM

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I absolutely shudder to think of the hours of Souls games I racked up when I was out of work for eight months, holy poo poo. Like easily in the high hundreds

I logged three hundred hours in BB and DS3 each :suicide:

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Trophies are stupid.

My only Plat is Spider-Man and that’s because it was pretty much just play the game trophies.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 26, 2019

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Rad Valtar posted:

Trophies are stupid.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Checkmate. :smuggo:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'll take that over Fallout 76 anyday.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Apparently I played 85 games in 2018 according to that website. :wtc:

Must have popped a lot of poo poo on for 15 minutes and tried a bunch of PS plus games for 30 seconds because by my account I think I played about 20.

Also the time played log is outrageously high. Says I played 1677 (4.5 hours a day) hours when I play about 1-2 hours of games on weeknights and probably 2-4 hours a day on weekends. I don't think I've actually logged 4.5 hours in day more than a few times. Unless it's just logging all of the time I have the PS4 on because I pretty much have it on all evening between streaming, games and just idling while I'm making dinner or whatever.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 26, 2019

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

veni veni veni posted:

Apparently I played 85 games in 2018 according to that website. :wtc:

Must have popped a lot of poo poo on for 15 minutes and tried a bunch of PS plus games for 30 seconds because by my account I think I played about 20.

Also the time played log is outrageously high. Says I played 1677 (4.5 hours a day) hours when I play about 1-2 hours of games on weeknights and probably 2-4 hours a day on weekends. I don't think I've actually logged 4.5 hours in day more than a few times. Unless it's just logging all of the time I have the PS4 on because I pretty much have it on all evening between streaming, games and just idling while I'm making dinner or whatever.

What website is it?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Over There posted:

What website is it?

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/campaigns/2018/wrap-up/

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I can’t stop buying games this year. I really want RE2 ahhhhhhhhhh.

I will remain strong.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

My top game is Fortnite because of my husband :cripes:

At least Bloodborne is because of me.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Kilometers Davis posted:

I can’t stop buying games this year. I really want RE2 ahhhhhhhhhh.

I will remain strong.

I know I'm literally dealing with the same temptation right now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was all pumped to buy Re2 when I got off work today and then I ended up getting stuck there for almost 13 hours and by the time I left I didn't even loving care anymore. Guess I saved myself $60 until tomorrow morning

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I realize I'm going to probably sound like a weird non-gamer person when I ask this, but what is the point of trophies/achievements/platinum on a game? They've never been anything I've chased unless there was some kind of reward tied to them, but they obviously have tremendous appeal to be in almost every game on every platform out there.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I can't believe you guys are having me consider buying a flight game. I haven't played one of then since typing class back in 1997.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Aranan posted:

I realize I'm going to probably sound like a weird non-gamer person when I ask this, but what is the point of trophies/achievements/platinum on a game? They've never been anything I've chased unless there was some kind of reward tied to them, but they obviously have tremendous appeal to be in almost every game on every platform out there.

Dick waving. I'm better than you, see?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Aranan posted:

Some people cant help but complete lists and the trophy system gets in their minds and it creates sales. Like thousands of copies of bad games with easy trophies get sold a day

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

When I beat a game, but I'm still enjoying it and want more, I look at the trophy list for ideas. If it's fun or interesting, I go for it, but if it's bullshit, I won't. I've only ever platinumed two games, Bloodborne and HZD, because their trophies were reasonable and the games fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvbFMGmImg