Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think Promised Neverland is really good. Krone's VA in particular is knocking it out of the park. And seeing the early parts again with foreknowledge is giving me new appreciation for stuff I think I missed the first time, like Krone's doll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
gotta say the slime lore is really something https://twitter.com/ToastCrust/status/1087490923494162433

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Let them who would not forsake pants if given ultimate power cast the first stone.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmVmWiXqP38

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Every time I see it it's just too loving much. And it still pisses me off that they cut the Demon Lord meeting since it really does show that Milim is really smart and cunning.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Spiritus Nox posted:

Let them who would not forsake pants if given ultimate power cast the first stone.

Warm and comfy sweatpants and short for hot weather. But yeah, that poo poo would be optional if I had the power and authority to achieve such a thing.

The figure is legit nice and very detailed especially the hair...But yeah. It does helps that Rimuru sees her as nothing more than a hyper active and bratty niece(he actually compares her to his brothers kids from his past life).

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014

Dear anime Jesus, that hair... and bowties on clothing? Is that level of detail normal for anime figurines?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

doomrider7 posted:

Every time I see it it's just too loving much. And it still pisses me off that they cut the Demon Lord meeting since it really does show that Milim is really smart and cunning.

Oh, is that right? Thank Kami-sama, for a minute I was worried the blatant fan service character was vapid instead of a deep and interesting character, not because the latter is more interesting than the former, but because that would make the show too much like those other Isekai I hate so much.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

KomeradeCanadian posted:

Dear anime Jesus, that hair... and bowties on clothing? Is that level of detail normal for anime figurines?

I legit don't know and I'm curious on the price tag on this one given the massive attention to detail.

Captain Cappy posted:

Oh, is that right? Thank Kami-sama, for a minute I was worried the blatant fan service character was vapid instead of a deep and interesting character, not because the latter is more interesting than the former, but because that would make the show too much like those other Isekai I hate so much.

It's REALLY complicated to talk about her without spoiling a LOT of stuff, but suffice to say a rather important scene got cut out that explains the next arc and some details on Milim. She's very smart and cunning and trying to lie to her or get one over her is VERY ill advised, but she's very childish, impulsive, and bored(there are reasons for all of these).

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

ViggyNash posted:

Death Note and Kaiji we're both really good at selling the mind games as dramatic spectacles, which is a large part of their appeal. PN doesnt boast much spectacle at all. It's very matter of fact with the characters' observations and revelations, and the details aren't interesting enough on their own to create that drama.

Where episode 2 succeeded was in reminding us of the stakes with that incredible shot of Mom staring down Emma and really selling the kids' horrified reactions throughout the episode. Episode 3 doesn't do that at all, so it doesn't have much tension to fill the lack of plot drama. The only really interesting thing in episode 3 is the setup of a potential third party in the mix with the assistant Mom.

For me this series is more of a prison break with horror elements, which I quite like. The genre of prison break stuff does tend to deal with things matter of factly. It necessitates a certain amount of breathing room and low action because most of the show is about the plan itself.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

doomrider7 posted:

Warm and comfy sweatpants and short for hot weather. But yeah, that poo poo would be optional if I had the power and authority to achieve such a thing.

doom is my ally now

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

I legit don't know and I'm curious on the price tag on this one given the massive attention to detail.
15,000 yen, so around $135

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Tamba posted:

15,000 yen, so around $135

HOLY poo poo! Ok yeah that price tag makes sense. Goddamn that's a lot of coin and I very well imagine it's gonna sell like CRAZY given how well liked and popular she is for good reason.

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
I'm going to admit that fanservice Sexism is Over child probably is going to blow

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

chumbler posted:

I hope Himote House gets a second season.

:same:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Am I crazy or is $135 like.....not that much for figures.

like I have mostly $50 - 60 ones but still

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

:thinking:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

:thinking:

How about Vaped.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Expect My Mom posted:

It's about normal for higher end figures, from what I've seen.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

The ultimate aniki, The Dragon of Dojima ships at around $160. Best boy Majima is almost a hundred bucks more expensive.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I got into Slime when it was first brought up in another thread as a similar vein to Kumoko as a monster isekai that wasn't going to get rapey.

But the slime limitations end pretty early and I felt betrayed by my expectations, and this bitterness keeps me from enjoying Slime even though it sits in a rough area of stuff I could probably enjoy. rip me.

tl;dr: slime didn't betray me I betrayed myself

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
trust no one

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You can always trust me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only trust your fists

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In the end you can only trust the namtab

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Your friends, your family, the mod, they will all betray you. Only the namtab is your friend

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Only trust your fists

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Don't trust anyone who tells you to trust something.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Wark Say posted:

The ultimate aniki, The Dragon of Dojima ships at around $160. Best boy Majima is almost a hundred bucks more expensive.

I'm actually really disappointed I didn't pick up Majima when they were released. I thought I had more time, but before I knew it they became pretty expensive.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Namtab posted:

In the end you can only trust the namtab

But you had no risky pick this season!

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I'm not sure why anyone would trust namtab when they could mitosis into two, possibly even four Karens at any moment.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Join me in the merch thread where I can answer all about figures and more!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816878

e:

Wark Say posted:

Don't buy figures on amazon

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 26, 2019

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

El Burbo posted:

Join me in the merch thread where I can answer all about figures and more!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816878

e:

Oh god no, sometimes you get bootlegs passed off as authentic and all the time you're paying too much.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

El Burbo posted:

Not even nendos? I bought my Mikasa nendo there. :ohdear:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Wark Say posted:

Not even nendos? I bought my Mikasa nendo there. :ohdear:

I'd say anything over the double digit range that isn't from a verified source is a big no no. If it's something like say $50 and under I see no problem.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

But once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Are you meant to be this confused in Boogipop even after a few episodes or just me?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you should be less confused as each story arc goes on. the first arc explained most of the relevant stuff in ep2, but the current arc still has a good number of holes to fill even after its second episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I feel like I'm basically keeping up with the broad strokes, yeah. The precise mechanics at play and motivations of the more supernatural elements are still a little vague, but I feel like I basically understand what all the...mortal characters - for lack of a better word - want and why they want it, which is enough to keep me basically grounded.