Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It was KM but the gigantic moral debate about it has been done to death so please let's not do it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah! That's wrong!
<slowly replaces trash can lid and sulks off>

Who was that goon that started a gofundme in TGRS to provide relief for minorities, then bought stuff with it because she was a minority?

It was the mod, Koalas March

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It was KM but the gigantic moral debate about it has been done to death so please let's not do it again

Could you link me to an iteration of it? I followed it when it first popped up but didn’t catch the finale.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This was the LF pants guy who turned out to be a complete fake/scammer, right? I don't remember that one all that well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Antivehicular posted:

This was the LF pants guy who turned out to be a complete fake/scammer, right? I don't remember that one all that well.

If memory serves he said he was a homeless muslim guy that needed money to get his life back together and to find a job. He raised maybe $1000 and then bought one pair of pants with it and was just a regular ol' dude who had a job and home and stuff.

The TGRS thing wasn't what most people think it was. A bunch of posters were just venmo'ing money to each other to help. They were originally thinking of making it some sort of actual charity or something and asked for help in the BFC subforum, but for the amounts they were working with it wasn't worth something that official. I think Koala's March was one of the people that got help and was the one that asked for advice in BFC, but that was it. It wasn't some fund that a bunch of people contributed to just to have one person take it all or something.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm pretty sure it was and then the thread was deleted. The FYAD thread was amazing.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It was and it wasn’t. There was a thread where people in TGRS could post if they were in need of money and people could donate. But instead of doing the obvious thing and just having them post a gofundme/Venmo/Patreon or whatever and whoever wants to help them can, it was set up so that everyone would donate to a central fund that KM had control over and would decide how to dish it out. Also KM was one of the people asking for donations.

Eventually they changed it to the obvious thing mentioned above.

FWIW I don’t think she had bad intentions but that was the worst way to set it up and I don’t blame anyone for raising their eyebrows at it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

bradzilla posted:

Can't remember where this started, but goon Nessa posted in various threads about wanting to spice up her sex life with her husband by bringing in their "best friend" in for a 3some. The husband declined. Predictably, she cheated with said friend and the husband found out.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805113&pagenumber=460&perpage=40#post491825034

lol that the first post is just "I'm sorry you're going through that", as if it were not the incredibly predictable consequences of her own actions

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Yeah that was a rough read because Jesus just no don't support that behavior it's awful ):

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

[quote="bradzilla" post="491988788"]
Can't remember where this started, but goon Nessa posted in various threads about wanting to spice up her sex life with her husband by bringing in their "best friend" in for a 3some. The husband declined. Predictably, she cheated with said friend and the husband found out.

I think her husband is also a goon

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=setseen&threadid=3531359&index=3111

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh my. Was gonna kinda ignore that whole thing, but now it might be too good.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

loving :lol: at him photoshopping her bad art and making her cry herself to sleep because of it. That's hilarious.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What am I missing in that thread that ties into cheater goonette?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Len posted:

What am I missing in that thread that ties into cheater goonette?

Looks like Spiffo is her husband. Also has this gem in there:

quote:

wtf why did you edit out the posts making fun of her. pussy

I'm starting to have second thoughts about reading too much into this poo poo show.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's especially hard because, as mentioned several times, Nessa is a good poster. Hell, just being honest about her blowing up her marriage is a fascinating read and I'm glad for her candor.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Being lovely to your SO doesn't become better because you're honest to your internet friends about it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's especially hard because, as mentioned several times, Nessa is a good poster. Hell, just being honest about her blowing up her marriage is a fascinating read and I'm glad for her candor.

her honesty would be more noble if she wasn't opening up to a place that responds to "hey I hosed my husband's friend and now my marital situation is best described by footage of russian nuclear tests" with "wow I'm so sorry for you" and "cheating is a thing that just happens"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Cheating is not a thing that "just happens", and especially not in the way she went about it. You don't slip and fall onto someone else's dick.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
If there's one thing betraying my husband and loving another man has taught me, it's that I give too much, and need to think of myself.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Cheating is not a thing that "just happens", and especially not in the way she went about it. You don't slip and fall onto someone else's dick.

Och laddie, I dinnae how or why me knickers just flew off like that, but errything's fine so long as I dun slip on that banana peel next to me best friend's erect penis

*slips on banana peel*

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I'm not going to link because A I'm lazy and B I think it would be too helldumpy, but two other big parts of Nessa's story were that she was currently trying to have a baby with her husband, and that she posted a number of times about how wonderful this friend was in a totally platonic way, he definitely didn't want to be with either of them so he was just being nice because he was nice, she wasn't actually into him as more than a friend, their friendship proved men and women could be normal platonic friends, etc.

I do think men and women can be friends, but their situation specifically sounded like a total timebomb. I didn't think she would post about it blowing up, but I'm not in ladythread (it moves too fast for me). Honestly I'm just super glad that she didn't get pregnant first.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

cock hero flux posted:

her honesty would be more noble if she wasn't opening up to a place that responds to "hey I hosed my husband's friend and now my marital situation is best described by footage of russian nuclear tests" with "wow I'm so sorry for you" and "cheating is a thing that just happens"

I dunno if you stopped reading after one page, but it didn’t take long for the people in ladythread to start raking her over the coals.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Maybe you haven't.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Maybe you haven't.

I was gonna say

One in a million, my rear end

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

Honestly I'm just super glad that she didn't get pregnant first.
i read a bit more of the thread and apparently her current plan is "keep trying to have a baby" which is notable for being the actual worst possible decision that anyone could make in this scenario

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thst sucks but I want to clarify it sucks only because Nessa was a good poster. If she had been a poor or even middling level quality poster, I would condone all the events in question.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

cock hero flux posted:

i read a bit more of the thread and apparently her current plan is "keep trying to have a baby" which is notable for being the actual worst possible decision that anyone could make in this scenario

oh no gently caress aw geez

oh no

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

forums.somethingawful.com/s/relationships

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The r/relationships thread just had a fun little discussion of that and similar phrases, specifically 'and then one thing led to another' glossing over some rather significant details.

tactlessbastard posted:

That's my favorite, especially when the one thing should never have led to the other at all, like 'and then I found myself alone in the room with my girlfriend's mom and one thing led to another so I was balls deep in her while her dad filmed and her cat was licking my taint'

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm not going to link because A I'm lazy and B I think it would be too helldumpy, but two other big parts of Nessa's story were that she was currently trying to have a baby with her husband, and that she posted a number of times about how wonderful this friend was in a totally platonic way, he definitely didn't want to be with either of them so he was just being nice because he was nice, she wasn't actually into him as more than a friend, their friendship proved men and women could be normal platonic friends, etc.

I do think men and women can be friends, but their situation specifically sounded like a total timebomb. I didn't think she would post about it blowing up, but I'm not in ladythread (it moves too fast for me). Honestly I'm just super glad that she didn't get pregnant first.

All of those things come up in posts after admitting she cheated so anyone who read the trainwreck already got the crash course about how awesome and platonic their relationship was

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it really looks like that this was a decision at the end of a road filled with potholes and speedbumps that both of them have been travelling down for quite some time without either of them stopping to get directions. it's sad to see relationships break like this, but i think it's why it's really important to keep communicating with and challenging each other often so that in the even that you arrive at a destination like this you can make good decisions and get back in the car, or amicably hop on motorcycles. it's not a good metaphor.

also the art is bad and i hope babby not get formed.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

it really looks like that this was a decision at the end of a road filled with potholes and speedbumps that both of them have been travelling down for quite some time without either of them stopping to get directions. it's sad to see relationships break like this, but i think it's why it's really important to keep communicating with and challenging each other often so that in the even that you arrive at a destination like this you can make good decisions and get back in the car, or amicably hop on motorcycles. it's not a good metaphor.

also the art is bad and i hope babby not get formed.

she said that she doesn't like having sex with her husband, what she actually wants is to have him and a boyfriend on the side, and that her current plan is to have kids with him and then go on birth control and hope the side effects make her never want to have sex again

this indicates to me that the this relationship is not heading towards "rough patch followed by reconciliation or reasonably amicable break up" but rather towards "screaming death spiral ending in murder-suicide"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
...... maybe they should talk instead of posting

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The initial terrible decision has already happened and there's really nothing any of us can do except see if it starts a chain clusterfuck reaction, so

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Xarbala posted:

Och laddie, I dinnae how or why me knickers just flew off like that, but errything's fine so long as I dun slip on that banana peel next to me best friend's erect penis

*slips on banana peel*

Dramatisation, may not have happened.

https://soundcloud.com/stanley-swanson-150846885/accidental-cheating

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

this is why anybody who wants to open their relationship needs to sign a waiver stating that they have read at least ten pages of the r/relationships thread.

what a hosed up situation. and honestly if husband takes her back and actually knocks her up after this he deserves anything that happens after that. too bad the kid will suffer all the consequences! hooray!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
maybe they should read each others posts

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

sneakyfrog posted:

maybe they should read each others posts

They should probably consider logging off at some point I mean I'm not a relationship expert but they should consider the risk to their accounts if they get banned for drama

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
that would be the lamest loving ban reason

banned for relationship issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

frankee posted:

bradzilla posted:

I think her husband is also a goon

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=setseen&threadid=3531359&index=3111

I remember when this happened. Nessa was trying to maker her own Madoka Magica-like webcomic and posting test pages into the CC thread for feedback. FYAD had a thread going at the time making fun of kind of corny/bad art SA posters shared around the forums and Nessa became a recurring feature. Spiffo is her husband, yeah. They were just engaged at the time though. Nessa was justifiably upset when she found out he was making fun of her art with FYAD, and he got banned by FYAD.

That thread has a lot of amazing quotes, especially in light of this new event

Surprisingly Dope posted:

forums user spiffo,, i hope you and nessa get married and have kids and make a life together and the entire time the events of this thread hang over it like a spectre.

Swelter Discharge posted:

i hope nessa cucks you spiffo

Seizon posted:

panning shot of Nessa's egg #3
Spiffo (v.o.): It was hard to sleep through the sobs at first, but I had waited years for a chance like this--Fyad cred was at hand.

anne frank fanfic posted:

i dunno about you but when it comes to the pink forum or to my fiance, i choose the one im going to spend my entire life with: the pink forum