Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I'm actually having a hard time trying to figure out what he's even getting at in that tirade; it doesn't sound good.

(I can't bear to listen to him live anymore, the most I can do is these transcripts.)

edit: tax

Pacra fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Harton posted:

Yeah I’m starting to come around on this, as long as he picks a young progressive VP it could work really well. He could boost that person to the national stage also. Maybe Buttigig? It’s less than 2 years at this point and people are starting to declare. Everyone brings out the “Obama was unknown” but I think it’s a bit silly to have hope these days in general. Even sillier to think we have another Obama waiting in the wings for just the right moment to break out onto the scene.

We really don't need two straight white dudes on a ticket.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Oddly all of the links I found in the responses are dead now.

All the source links in the actual article still work.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tibalt posted:

Okay, so the Travel Office is in charge of making travel arrangements for the white house press...
Wow. That totally flew over my head as a teen. Thanks for the infuriating summary. Christ almighty the press just wanted to be dicked by a Sensible Republican didnt they.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

how much time and money did you waste in the 2018 elections again?
Dude what the gently caress?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I think the moment that pissed me off the most during the 2016 Campaign (and hoy boy were there ALOT of moments) was the infamous Matt Lauer interview of both Clinton and Trump.

With Clinton, Lauer acted as SERIOUS HARD QUESTIONING JOURNALIST and peppered Clinton, non stop, about HER EMAILS. Nothing on policy, plans, ect. He even interrupted her a few times! Whenever Clinton would try detail a plan on a specific policy, Lauer would interrupt her. Of course we now know that Lauer is a misogynistic piece of poo poo (just like Trump!) but still..

Then came Trump..

Trump gets on stage and begins to word-vomit, non stop. Lauer did NOTHING to challenge Trump. Unlike with Clinton, he didn't interrupt him, challenge him on any of his bullshit, ect. He just let Trump ramble on how he was gonna MAGA and that was that.

In all, it was a perfect microcosm of how traditional media in the US is poo poo and will "both sides" themselves out of existence. Thank gently caress we have politicians like AOC now who call them out on their bullshit use alternative means to get her message out. A lesson that Trump, for all his faults, perfected first with twitter.

That this not only happened, but that it was a guy who within a year would be revealed as a fellow sex pest with a secret, automatically closing door in his office like he's loving Quagmire who was firing her questions about HER EMAILS, well that's just peak Trump Era to me.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Koalas March posted:

But if we don't, other straight white dudes might get their feelings hurt :ohdear:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

heyitsamanda posted:

At one point towards the end of her campaign/after the election didn’t it come out that she even ignored Bill’s advice about how to regard/campaign in the Midwest states? I feel like someone posted an article on that in the old Trump thread that was pretty interesting.

So it turns out that she was supposed to campaign in the north, and then she ended up canceling that whole week in the wake of the Pulse shooting. Which, there it is, isn’t it? She never went back, stuck to the schedule, and took Robby Mook’s bad advice.

2016 is the final, terrible indictment about any other tactic but Total War.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Koalas March posted:

Straight white men have a proven history of winning the presidency!

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

BarbarianElephant posted:

Ha, they would have been. And they'd never have admitted it. They wouldn't have got their tax cut or Supreme Court dominance, but they'd have got to play their favorite game of being the Brave Patriots against Liberal Tyranny for another 4 years.

By October 2016 the Republican party had written off Trump and was fully on plan to just control the Senate and Congress for two years, blocking everything Clinton would try to do while running endless investigations. Then in 2018 gain super-majorities in both houses, impeach Clinton for Her Emails, and then crush Tim Kaine in 2020.

Of course then Trump won.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Buttigig isn't straight tho?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I think the moment that pissed me off the most during the 2016 Campaign (and hoy boy were there ALOT of moments) was the infamous Matt Lauer interview of both Clinton and Trump.

With Clinton, Lauer acted as SERIOUS HARD QUESTIONING JOURNALIST and peppered Clinton, non stop, about HER EMAILS. Nothing on policy, plans, ect. He even interrupted her a few times! Whenever Clinton would try detail a plan on a specific policy, Lauer would interrupt her. Of course we now know that Lauer is a misogynistic piece of poo poo (just like Trump!) but still..

Then came Trump..

Trump gets on stage and begins to word-vomit, non stop. Lauer did NOTHING to challenge Trump. Unlike with Clinton, he didn't interrupt him, challenge him on any of his bullshit, ect. He just let Trump ramble on how he was gonna MAGA and that was that.

In all, it was a perfect microcosm of how traditional media in the US is poo poo and will "both sides" themselves out of existence. Thank gently caress we have politicians like AOC now who call them out on their bullshit use alternative means to get her message out. A lesson that Trump, for all his faults, perfected first with twitter.

One of many reasons why AOC (and Pressly, Tlaib, etc) is one of the best things to happen in Congress in a while.

Looking at it from the perspective of 2019, that could have also been a microcosm of how Lauer views women. They're not worthy of his respect, so he hammers them and interrupts when they try to defend themselves, but a known predator like Trump gets a pass.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Peacoffee posted:

All the source links in the actual article still work.

Cool, thanks! Now let me go puke

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

Buttigig isn't straight tho?

Ok two white dudes

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I live in VA, thank you for helping crush the nazi candidate

Dude, you should have seen the special election. We got over a hundred volunteers for canvassing the weekend after Christmas. Enthusiasm is real and good in VA. 2019 could see all chambers flipped in VA Gov. Hit me or Fancy up if you want to get in the trenches :)

We already got a DMV Goon Squad and welcome any newcomers to bash the fash at the ballot boxes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tibalt posted:

The idea that Hillary Clinton expected or would give any quarter to either the radical centralist DC media or the ratfucking Republican party after the last 40 years of her life is the worst take of the 2016 primary in a long string of bad 2016 primary takes.

Hillary Clinton's first act as president was going to be a speech berating the Republican Party for filing articles of impeachment against her before locking Fox News out of the White House and telling Chris Cillizza to lick her rear end when he came to Roger Ailes defense, and half of this thread would have complained about how she was blowing it with her irrational behavior.

What is this

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I live in VA, thank you for helping crush the nazi candidate

VA is solid blue for the foreseeable future thanks in no small part of breathless efforts by posters such as Friendbot and Yourboyfancy and others.

Virginia, HOME of the old confederacy, is now solid blue. Think about how impossible that seemed during the Bush years?

I agree with the sentiment that the "nothing matters" goons can gently caress right off. They made a difference.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Ok two white dudes

Fair. An openly gay VP would be cool as well though imo.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, none of the other candidates are openly non-straight, I think?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Solaris 2.0 posted:

VA is solid blue for the foreseeable future thanks in no small part of breathless efforts by posters such as Friendbot and Yourboyfancy and others.

Virginia, HOME of the old confederacy, is now solid blue. Think about how impossible that seemed during the Bush years?

I agree with the sentiment that the "nothing matters" goons can gently caress right off. They made a difference.

We are so loving close to getting the ERA out of committee if we can flip 2 seats in the House of Delegates. So many people everywhere have woken up and are putting in the work. A lot of goons too like KM scrabbling over barricades in Michigan and people getting involved in being election officials in the Midwest. Good things are coming. Lets ride the wave!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Solaris 2.0 posted:

By October 2016 the Republican party had written off Trump and was fully on plan to just control the Senate and Congress for two years, blocking everything Clinton would try to do while running endless investigations. Then in 2018 gain super-majorities in both houses, impeach Clinton for Her Emails, and then crush Tim Kaine in 2020.

Of course then Trump won.

I still think even though we are in a poo poo show, the silver lining is the Democrats have retaken the House and are on track to take back the Presidency and even the Senate in 2020, and Trump has turned many voters away from the GOP forever by pulling the mask off

We would have never had that happen with Clinton

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this has probably been posted but the interactive chart showing all the contacts in this piece is very good for sharing with friends or family not following the story closely

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/1089209795280683009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Chiming in to say our resident organizers did more in an afternoon last November than like 60% of you (and me) worthless fucks.

Lol "what did your caring do, VA Democrat?" is quite possibly the dumbest take I've ever seen.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

I still think even though we are in a poo poo show, the silver lining is the Democrats have retaken the House and are on track to take back the Presidency and even the Senate in 2020, and Trump has turned many voters away from the GOP forever by pulling the mask off

We would have never had that happen with Clinton

I don't know if we should do the silver lining thing.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

eke out posted:

this has probably been posted but the interactive chart showing all the contacts in this piece is very good for sharing with friends or family not following the story closely

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/1089209795280683009

although it looks to be actually missing some significant contacts - like Manafort was talking to Kilimnik constantly even after he was indicted

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

BarbarianElephant posted:

Obama was NOT unknown. He was about the same level of fame as Harris or Beto. Known, but not one of the “usual suspects.”

I never said I agreed with it, just that people constantly throw that argument out. Hope is dead, we can’t afford to be hoping right now.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Chiming in to say our resident organizers did more in an afternoon last November than like 60% of you (and me) worthless fucks.

Lol "what did your caring do, VA Democrat?" is quite possibly the dumbest take I've ever seen.

It's Kerning Chameleon. He's grating even for a nothing matters poster.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

What is this
How is your username about Benghazi and yet you don't remember a single thing about how Hillary Clinton, the media, or the Republicans handle the entire span of 2012-2016?

Hillary Clinton and the Republican party weren't suddenly going to become friends because of Trump, and the entire derail started because people criticized how the Clintons handle the media. It was not going to be a cordial relationship.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tibalt posted:

How is your username about Benghazi and yet you don't remember a single thing about how Hillary Clinton, the media, or the Republicans handle the entire span of 2012-2016?

Hillary Clinton and the Republican party weren't suddenly going to become friends because of Trump, and the entire derail started because people criticized how the Clintons handle the media. It was not going to be a cordial relationship.

hillary is bad, republicans are bad, therefore they must be friends

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Solaris 2.0 posted:

NoVA has been growing so quickly as spillover from DC and rural VA is still shrinking. I don't see VA going red again for a long time (until the federal govt closes and all the support/contractors/management leave the area)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tibalt posted:

It's Dickeye. I think the name is because someone equated her posting to Benghazi.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Koalas March posted:

I thought he was openly gay? Either way his name was just an rear end pull......:tipshat:.

Seriously though as long as they are younger and have the right progressive politics I’d prefer a POC to be on the ticket. I didn’t even want Bernie at first but I have lost hope and am falling into pragmatism.

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

hillary is bad, republicans are bad, therefore they must be friends

She's still literally friends with Henry Kissinger, most evil of all republicans.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Saagonsa posted:

Related thought: Can't wait for the first non-binary VP or President.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Tibalt posted:

This thread is full of rugged leftist individualists who've never joined anything in their life. A significant percentage of the rest are people involved in organizations that enable their belief that orthodoxy is more important than outreach. I would personally 100% support a lying cheating scumbag who eliminated ICE or nationalized Facebook and other internet public squares. Meanwhile this thread gets mad if a Demmiecrat tells a lie because Republicans are going to get ya!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/tonyschwartz/status/1089147563104702464?s=21

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shifty Pony posted:

Related thought: Can't wait for the first non-binary VP or President.

They could balance the Rubio ticket.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Squinty posted:

She's still literally friends with Henry Kissinger, most evil of all republicans.

There's ... so much credible competition for that slot.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol the section of Buttigieg's wikipedia article talking about his bad work with cops and POCs has been mysteriously deleted :thunk:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pete_Buttigieg&oldid=879832562

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

This guy's life is a Twilight Zone episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Themagicalgoat posted:

This thread is full of rugged leftist individualists who've never joined anything in their life. A significant percentage of the rest are people involved in organizations that enable their belief that orthodoxy is more important than outreach. I would personally 100% support a lying cheating scumbag who eliminated ICE or nationalized Facebook and other internet public squares. Meanwhile this thread gets mad if a Demmiecrat tells a lie because Republicans are going to get ya!

Because everyone knows we can trust lying, cheating scumbags to do the things that they say they will do and to allow the system to function fairly and justly...?