Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

agreed, we need an app that warns us if a bitcoiner is nearer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

chestnut santabag posted:

today's your lucky day

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

chestnut santabag posted:

it's pretty obvious even without an app, satoshi's witnesses are very evangelical

"have you heard the good news, brother*?"

*they never use the word sister since they don't approach :females:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

...! posted:

boxtuur de meester

:perfect:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Subfolded [score hidden] 3 hours ago

I tried CL for the first time a few weeks ago selling my couch and I happily selected "accepts crypto". I was so excited when I realized I could sell half the crap in my house and collect more crypto!

First two responses to my post were scammers sending Google Voice verification code to my phone and asking me to send them over to them to complete the CL transaction. Immediately closed whole acct.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 [score hidden] 11 minutes ago

False dichotomy. It's not your dream police state where undesirables get sent to "federal entertainment centers" against their will vs. Mad Max.

North Korea has the most "fully functional" state on the planet. Most of their people live in dire poverty, and breathing a critical word about the government will get you sent to "camp" for life or worse.

There are villages in Mexico (here's one, but there are others) that have kicked out the cartels and the federales and seen their murder rates plummet to zero from astronomical levels in very short periods of time.

lovely as they are, the Taliban totally eliminated warlordism (and opium production) in Afghanistan without ever establishing what you would consider to be a "functional state."

We could make the federal government a lot leaner, eliminate the income tax and the federal debt, and everyone would live with more freedom and prosperity. Getting out from under the boot of the slave drivers (bankers) is a big part of this project, especially if we want to get it done peacefully. Bitcoin is all about eliminating the need for banks. See genesis block.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

taliban apologist, lol

dude is also a hardcore anti-vaxxer

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i assume the taliban thing was to attack the other poster’s definition of “functional state”?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
bitcoin is about eliminating banks

bitcoin makes you your own bank

bitcoin is a form of suicide

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

taliban apologist, lol

dude is also a hardcore anti-vaxxer

Hope he dies slowly and painfully of the most easily vaccine-preventable disease.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
i'm writing a bitcoin skeptic piece for The Block

it's uh a lotta work

and its destiny is to attract bitcoin maximalists to my twitter mentions

why am i doing this

oh yeah the filthy fiat

(apparently they pay on time in full, which makes them princes among publications)

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

vortmax posted:

I would love to get an advance reader copy (ARC) in exchange for an honest review on Amazon.

World famous blockchain author Boxtuur de Meester swaggered forth from his famous great big bed made of money to check his crypto chain portfolio account wallet hardware. As he advanced, his dark eyes seemed to scorch the earth before him, radiating a fiery clarity that forecast his reputation for unblinking severity in all matters.

"Boxtuur!" shouted his elegant model big titty human female trophy wife quietly. "The blockchain's ICOed the crypto hacker! We have an intruder!"

It's nearly the millennium. The secret of the blood line of Satoshi has been guarded by nChain for nearly a millennium. A troubled fincel, ...!, has stumbled upon their trail. nChain will stop at nothing to keep their secret, but can the Ethereum Foundation stop them first?

this author lark's easy i could totally do this

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

none of that is true

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

none of that is true

i admit i exaggerated the tiddies for literary affect

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

why would the character have a bed made of money when that money could be put into his crypto chain portfolio account wallet hardware and make a million beds worth of money, it just doesn't make any sense 0/10

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

why would the character have a bed made of money when that money could be put into his crypto chain portfolio account wallet hardware and make a million beds worth of money, it just doesn't make any sense 0/10

it's actually made of tiddies

well, anime body pillows

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Boxturret posted:

bitcoin is money; the character sleeps in his birdbath

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

...! posted:

In exchange for a free advanced reader copy (ARC) of the novel, Street Team members are asked to provide honest review on Amazon once the book launches on February 12th.

please tell me that one of you guys got a copy

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Foo Diddley posted:

please tell me that one of you guys got a copy

uh i'm not giving my email address to some rando bitcoiner

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

uh i'm not giving my email address to some rando bitcoiner

use kevin@pleasure.com

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

but yeah getting a file from a bitcoiner carries a high risk of infection, do not do it without proper protection*

*lots of epoxy

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Together lets collectively brainstorm new creative ideas and uses for bitcoin.. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 4 hours ago * by -Brix

-The tipping bot for example is great

an official bitcoin lottery using lightning?

amazon type marketplace where everyone who accepts bitcoin can list products?

If we put our minds together and get creative maybe we can help bitcoin succeed .. let’s throw out random ideas

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Tough going (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by fid9et

Been a tough year for all, and this latest round of news also seems it will drag on the adoption and understanding. Someone has probably already said it but “the world is not going to change bitcoin, bitcoin is going to change the world” that poo poo going to take some time and old money ain’t going down without a fight. Andraes for President!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Bitcoin seems like a good option, what should I do? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 32 minutes ago by s_p_71

Hi all My grandma jus made me the executor of her estate. Her son (my uncle) died recently and while we all worked through this loss she kept a cool head. Her other kids are dead, and I am the only grandchild out of college with a job. Her estate includes a rather sizable liquid cash account. She has told me to invest 40% of it. I’m thinking of putting it all into crypto, and bitcoin but she is against it. I think bitcoin is going to absolutely go up again, should I do it without telling her so I can impress her later with returns? I know my friend Tanner, who is an entrepreneur, would never lead me astray here.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

Together lets collectively brainstorm new creative ideas and uses for bitcoin.. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 4 hours ago * by -Brix

-The tipping bot for example is great

an official bitcoin lottery using lightning?

amazon type marketplace where everyone who accepts bitcoin can list products?

If we put our minds together and get creative maybe we can help bitcoin succeed .. let’s throw out random ideas

all those were real then they all failed because no one uses bitcoin, maybe a decade after its conception its time to give up?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Let’s start some mass adoption use cases, starting with the US government shutdown (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 3 hours ago * by JeremyLinForever

For those in the US, working without getting paid sucks. It’s even worse and telling that Donald Trump is holding taxpayer money hostage for funding that the taxpayers didn’t even want. To add insult to injury, federal workers and going to work everyday without even getting paid. This is a perfect example of how a government can control your funds (albeit tax funds).

As a case for use adoption, I urge Bitcoin users in the US to show their appreciation to the federal workers by donating small amounts to families, relatives, and those who are affected by the government shutdown. Because at the end of the day, even if governments turn their backs on their own citizens and employees, Bitcoin and humanity will NOT.

Edit: I’m surprised nobody has pushed for this. This is when users need to be the most active and vocal.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

...! posted:

I know my friend Tanner, who is an entrepreneur, would never lead me astray here.
there is no possible way that an entrepreneur named Tanner isn't the most feckless douchebag

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Elysiume posted:

there is no possible way that a person named Tanner isn't the most feckless douchebag

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmfao isnt the current shutdown a good demonstration for them how lean government would function

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmfao isnt the current shutdown a good demonstration for them how lean government would function

yes, airports getting shut down would just be good for bitcoin

also national parks, monuments, and museums being shut down are meaningless to people who never leave mum’s basement

...!
Oct 5, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

yes, airports getting shut down would just be good for bitcoin

also national parks, monuments, and museums being shut down are meaningless to people who never leave mum’s basement

:wrong:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the ussa government is still shut down and bitcoin is still at 3500, did somebody freeze the time or something

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

the ussa government is still shut down and bitcoin is still at 3500, did somebody freeze the time or something

:wrong:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

...! posted:

lovely as they are, the Taliban totally eliminated warlordism (and opium production) in Afghanistan without ever establishing what you would consider to be a "functional state."

We could make the federal government a lot leaner, eliminate the income tax and the federal debt, and everyone would live with more freedom and prosperity. Getting out from under the boot of the slave drivers (bankers) is a big part of this project, especially if we want to get it done peacefully. Bitcoin is all about eliminating the need for banks. See genesis block.
freedom and prosperity were definitely what the taliban are known for spreading.

also they eliminated warlordism and the drug trade through literally establishing a functioning totalitarian state.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

False dichotomy. It's not your dream police state where undesirables get sent to "federal entertainment centers" against their will vs. Mad Max.

North Korea has the most "fully functional" state on the planet. Most of their people live in dire poverty, and breathing a critical word about the government will get you sent to "camp" for life or worse.

There are villages in Mexico (here's one, but there are others) that have kicked out the cartels and the federales and seen their murder rates plummet to zero from astronomical levels in very short periods of time.

didn't the taliban actually just take over all the opium production and ramp it up a ton? i mean i guess they eliminated the *other* opium producers...

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i mean i know for a fact that they were growing all the weed in the world at one point because that scary PSA about how smoking weed helps bin laden do terrorisms told me so

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Shame Boy posted:

didn't the taliban actually just take over all the opium production and ramp it up a ton? i mean i guess they eliminated the *other* opium producers...

They did! This is also a bitcoiners dream.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/amritabithi/status/1089359176659156992

experiencing tooth pain upon witnessing the official bitcoin mascot means they might be the true satoshi nakamoto....

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Shame Boy posted:

wait til he finds out the taliban actually collects taxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

DaTroof posted:

wait til he finds out the taliban actually collects taxes

my god, they really are a terrorist organization