Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Thinking of getting Snipperclips to play with my girlfriend who doesn't play games. I remember it being well regarded at launch, is that game actually good or was it a "launch game that isn't 1 2 Switch" effect?

It's a legit fun game. We even got the DLC when we had plenty of other games to play. Great for a newbie as it's a way more chill puzzle deal than twitchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

FPzero posted:

People were spouting rumors of a Switch Mini coming this year as far back as 2017. Whatever happens, we'll see it when we see it. Not like I'm likely to buy a hardware revision anyway because I already have my Switch and don't want to dump another $250-300 on a new one.

Don't think a mini was anything other than what people wanted because of the 3ds, definitely no real rumors as all the rumors are for a more efficient\powerful version. The switch isn't getting smaller, readability is already on a knifes edge.

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

Mercury Crusader posted:

The numbers don't lie

And they spell "disaster" for you

At the next Nintendo Direct

You say you got an 8 1/3 chance of a price cut at the next direct.

But I, I say we got a 141 2/3 chance of a hardware revision cuz Nintendo KNOWS it's just an oversized portable!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Picked up the Sega Genesis Classics collection, and man this input lag is pretty bad. Makes Sonic almost unplayable, amongst other games. Kinda stinks, but I got it mainly to play Phantasy Star IV on my Switch. I'd really like to think a patch is incoming to fix the lag?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Thinking of getting Snipperclips to play with my girlfriend who doesn't play games. I remember it being well regarded at launch, is that game actually good or was it a "launch game that isn't 1 2 Switch" effect?

Snipperclips is a lot of fun with a partner who doesn’t play many games. Overcooked is not!

Get the version with all the extra stuff included.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Smash Ultimate is a good game, but it has a lot of game breaking glitches in it right now.

Smash Ultimate on release is far more polished and functional than Melee or really any other Smash game was upon release

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Was zombi u called that because it took place in the UK where everything has an unnecessary u

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Was zombi u called that because it took place in the UK where everything has an unnecessary u

It was called that because it was on the Wii U. It was just Zombi on everything else.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

It's good for all skill-levels. Really fun to show a friend, just don't do all the puzzles for them, let them figure poo poo out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Calaveron posted:

Zombi UwU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What colour was the box? Was it wrapped in aluminium foil?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

KingSlime posted:

WiiU was a financial failure so that makes sense but you're right about GCN. 64 got an expansion pack which is kiiinda filling the same niche of a HW revision.

The 64 expansion pack was done as a pack-in by Rareware at their own expense and was a band-aid for the issue that they make Donkey King 64 too memory-intensive and it couldn’t run without crashing on a regular basis. It wasn’t really a proper console revision

There was the 64DD but it only released in Japan, nobody bought it, and it didn’t really get much in the ways of software support.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Augus posted:

The 64 expansion pack was done as a pack-in by Rareware at their own expense and was a band-aid for the issue that they make Donkey King 64 too memory-intensive and it couldn’t run without crashing on a regular basis. It wasn’t really a proper console revision

There was the 64DD but it only released in Japan, nobody bought it, and it didn’t really get much in the ways of software support.

64DD had that rad pseudo Mario Paint sequel and I'm sad we never saw that outside Japan :(

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is it wrong that I respect Nintendo for doing this Prime 4 starting from scratch announcement?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is it wrong that I respect Nintendo for doing this Prime 4 starting from scratch announcement?
Yes you loving weirdo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

punk rebel ecks posted:

Not really, most other big game companies would’ve just pretended everything was fine and strung along the fans for years.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

American McGay posted:

Yes you loving weirdo.

:emptyquote:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

I hope it means we'll get the HD Trilogy soon. HOPE

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Why wasn't Retro doing it in the first place, is what I was wondering.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The same reason the mk team put out dx, retro did tf, to work on another game. Mk team made arms, but we don't know if the retro game was scrapped or finished to the point where they could do this.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Thank you for the feedback, gonna give Snipperclips a try!

Makes me sad that whatever Retro's been doing for the last 4 years is likely another cancelled project. They do great work and they'll have only released one game this decade.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

A huge reason why Nintendo is still one of the few Japanese companies that are still relevant is because they are one of the few Japanese companies that take chances on new developers and are willing to train talent. Remember, Retro Studios was just a random nobody developer before Nintendo took their chance on them developing one of the most important projects for the Gamecube.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had Next Level Games or someone similar work on Prime 4. Actually that would lineup pretty well being that Next Level's previous title, a Metroid game at that, released in the latter half of 2016. Obviously Nintendo had Retro shadow the developer, and both Nintendo and Retro didn't approve of the job they were doing and deduced that the developer of the title just couldn't make the cut. So Retro asked Nintendo if they could step in and make it all on their own, to which Nintendo agreed.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 26, 2019

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KingSlime posted:

It can't do GCN reasonably

then it's worthless

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I thought golf story would be a nice quiet thing for me to play with earbuds in bed with my gf but it literally never stops rumbling

You don't need to rumble when people say things

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Me and my girlfriend were pretty upset about it, even a bit angry

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ignite Memories posted:

Don't tell me how to live my life

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

the wii u is the best console ever for emulation and homebrew and i pity anyone who doesn't have one
it's not handheld, thus it's not even worth considering

I want to play my video games handheld, the only true way to play video games. If I was gonna sit in front of a screen playing video games I'd just emulate them on my computer :colbert:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I emulate exclusively on Google Glass.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

punk rebel ecks posted:

A huge reason why Nintendo is still one of the few Japanese companies that are still relevant is because they are one of the few Japanese companies that take chances on new developers and are willing to train talent. Remember, Retro Studios was just a random nobody developer before Nintendo took their chance on them developing one of the most important projects for the Gamecube.

Retro weren't entirely nobodies, a bunch of early staff there had also worked at Iguana on the Turok games. You can kind of see the lineage from that to Prime. What I really want is for Creative Assembly to do a Metroid game because Alien Isolation was mint.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ignite Memories posted:

I thought golf story would be a nice quiet thing for me to play with earbuds in bed with my gf but it literally never stops rumbling

You can turn off rumble on the system settings, good for late-night gaming

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

jackhunter64 posted:

Retro weren't entirely nobodies, a bunch of early staff there had also worked at Iguana on the Turok games. You can kind of see the lineage from that to Prime. What I really want is for Creative Assembly to do a Metroid game because Alien Isolation was mint.

Survival Horror Metroid would be fantastic.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

jackhunter64 posted:

Okay bad example, but Nintendo is known for taking many more chances with developers compared to other large Japanese companies.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Pikuniku is good and chill and well written.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Augus posted:

Not really, most other big game companies would’ve just pretended everything was fine and strung along the fans for years.

FF7 remake

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

FF13Vs

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

jackhunter64 posted:

Can't wait to see the adventures Samus's daughter had fighting the metroids.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Wondering where that daughter would come from. The way the games have been going, Samus would most likely end up procreating via asexual fragmentation or smth

Can't wait for the wacky family adventures of Samus, Dark Samus, SA-X and uuuh, Young Samus.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Metroid Prime 4 is never coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwSsT8IU0WE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Look, if KH3 could get released...