Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kobayashi posted:

I’d like to see a genuine left analysis of what motivates communities like 4chan, who is behind them, and what their effects are. I feel like troll farm or altright shitheads is too simplistic.

KGB psyops had a slow day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Kobayashi posted:

I’d like to see a genuine left analysis of what motivates communities like 4chan, who is behind them, and what their effects are. I feel like troll farm or altright shitheads is too simplistic.

i mean its not too difficult to parse. capital has a vested interest in keeping the proletariat divided and there is always going to be chuds that have been convinced theyd have a big ol piece of the capitalist elites' pie if not for some out group. demagogues like trump carry water for capital by riling these lunatics up, so there you go.

no war but class war comrade

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kobayashi posted:

Extreme alienation.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My god

https://twitter.com/trtworld/status/1088874383123333120

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Can you imagine the sort of people who take a greap leap at the chance to nark on their neighbors?

I'm sure I read about this sort of poo poo in a book once. Hmm.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

In America the "deadbeats" are the ones who don't have any debt.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Jfc! 'Debtbeat'! It's right there you unimaginative fuckwits!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I hope it leads to riots. That or it'll bug out somewhere along the line.

Otherwise, it'll spread everywhere.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

log into Huntr and send geotagged photos to our enforcement team of people who might have warrants for community points you can exchange for avatar borders and up to 5% off at Menards

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
im p sure the yellow vests are made in china shouldnt be too hard for them to snag a few off the line...

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

this is one of this things where peope claim a dystopian techno panopticon has just been arbitrarily implemented in china but turns out to be some pilot program in rural heinan that doesn't even work i bet

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Frog Act posted:

this is one of this things where peope claim a dystopian techno panopticon has just been arbitrarily implemented in china but turns out to be some pilot program in rural heinan that doesn't even work i bet

Let me tell you about Xinjiang. (that meduza article; most of you read it already)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/muslimbanned/status/1088927661798408193

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Now that testing the purity of your bloodline is popular the next step is keeping it pure.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Just like royalty lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

There was a Redditor recently who took a genetic test and found they were loving a half‐sister.

Their mothers had the same sperm donor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/23andme/comments/af5eex/23andme_has_just_shown_that_ive_been_accidentally/

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Kobayashi posted:

the way most /pol/ dipshits learn about the world is through screenshots of the most carefully chosen annoying buzzfeed and huffington post article headlines

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

There was a Redditor recently who took a genetic test and found they were loving a half‐sister.

https://www.reddit.com/r/23andme/comments/af5eex/23andme_has_just_shown_that_ive_been_accidentally/

lmao nightmare

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Platystemon posted:

I liked the comment that said 'don't worry, if you want kids, you can just find a sperm donor yourselves'.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
My grandparents are from the old country so no one gave a poo poo but there’s like 50/50 chance my paternal grandparents were cousins. My great grandmother apparently got around so no one knows for sure.

Also my wife is from West Virginia so add that to the pile

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i live in a place where by the time I was 18 I was distantly related to about half my friends in school so, uh... i dont know of anybody who even considers 3rd or 4th cousins to really be a relation lmfao. it's like ck2 where eventually instead if nephew or cousin it just says 'kinsman'

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah I think they're so distantly related at that point who gives a poo poo. Finding out you've been loving your half sister after doing a DNA test though lmao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you're supposed to use one of those scandanavian cousin checker apps

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bring back old gbs posted:

you're supposed to use one of those scandanavian cousin checker apps

It's was actually for Iceland since they had almost zero immigrants in hundreds of years of history.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Linguistically, there are languages that really drive the idea of marriagiable cousins home with specific terminology for cross-cousins as opposed to parallel cousins. It gets weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOi2c2d3_Lk

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrEUhlb56qw

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

etalian posted:

It's was actually for Iceland since they had almost zero immigrants in hundreds of years of history.

also because genealogy is really hard with their naming conventions

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Kobayashi posted:

Neoreaction a Basilisk explains it as lack of empathy as cultural bonding point

(there's more, but)

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/npr/status/1089252132363022336?s=21

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jack/status/1089261299073048581

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

its called feeling miserable, it makes the day feel like a slog

you moron

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Flowers For Algeria posted:

its called feeling miserable, it makes the day feel like a slog

you moron

Ironic how a fast makes you slow

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Outrail posted:

Can you imagine the sort of people who take a greap leap at the chance to nark on their neighbors?

I'm sure I read about this sort of poo poo in a book once. Hmm.

My boss got a formal letter from his HOA because he left a mop out on his patio

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm starving myself but it makes me feel weird somehow. Anyone else feel weird when starving? Please like and retweet.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

He takes two hours to eat dinner?

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Kobayashi posted:

Dave Emory termed them the "cyber-wandervogel" and while I initially wrote that off as part of his hateboner for Wikileaks & friends, his analysis eventually panned out:

quote:

The title of the program derives from the Wandervogel, part of a youth movement that wielded considerable influence in early twentieth-century Germany. Like the “Anonymous”/Pirate Bay/Pirate Party adherents, they were seeking a “liberating” perspective on life, and the Wandervogel embraced many elements of youth/hippie culture of the latter part of that century.

A more detailed analysis of the Wandervogel was presented in FTR #629: “ . . . The chief vehicle for carrying this ideological constellation to prominence was the youth movement, an amorphous phenomenon which played a decisive but highly ambivalent role in shaping German popular culture during the first three tumultuous decades of the century. Also known as the Wandervogel, (which translates roughly as ‘wandering free spirits’), the youth movement was a hodge-podge of counter-cultural elements, blending neo-Romanticism, Eastern philosophies, nature mysticism, hostility to reason, and a strong communal impulse in a confused but no less ardent search for authentic, non-alienated social relations. Their back-to-the-land emphasis spurred a passionate sensitivity to the natural world and the damage it suffered. They have been accurately characterized as ‘right-wing hippies,’ for although some sectors of the movement gravitated toward various forms of emancipatory politics (though usually shedding their environmental trappings in the process), most of the Wandervogel were eventually absorbed by the Nazis. This shift from nature worship to fuhrer worship is worth examining. . . .” (Ecofascism: Lessons from the German Experience; by Janet Biehl and Peter Staudenmaier; AK Press [SC] 1995; Copyright 1995 by Janet Biehl and Peter Staudenmaier; ISBN 1-873176-73-2; pp. 9-10.)

Most of the Wanderevogel became Nazis. Despite their “liberationist” perspective, “the Pirate Vortex” has served similar forces, no doubt inadvertently. In future program descriptions about WikiLeaks, we will ruminate about the implications of high-tech and fascism.

The eventual fate of the hippies, where after a libertine decade or so of LSD loving they grew up and voted for Ronald Reagan (but never stopped sucking each other off for shaving 13 frames and half an A button press off the Vietnam War) was a similar though less severe phenomenon.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

all of these Silicon Valley guys are control freaks who refuse to accept the fact that they’re eventually going to get old and die

the bulletproof coffee guy has wasted over a million dollars on pure quackery in the foolish quest to live to 180 years old. he obviously has some sort of hypochondria or health anxiety (hello self-diagnosed fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and chronic Lyme!) but since he also has tech money and connections he turned that into a lucrative business selling other medically illiterate tech people snake oil like “toxin-free” coffee with butter in it and nootropics that give you diarrhea

and of course you have Thiel and his ghoulish unscientific idea that infusions of teen blood keeps you young forever

Rhesus Pieces has issued a correction as of 00:00 on Jan 27, 2019

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhesus Pieces posted:

all of these Silicon Valley guys are control freaks who refuse to accept the fact that they’re eventually going to get old and die

the bulletproof coffee guy has wasted over a million dollars on pure quackery in the foolish quest to live to 180 years old. he obviously has some sort of hypochondria or health anxiety (hello self-diagnosed fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and chronic Lyme!) but since he also has tech money and connections he turned that into a lucrative business selling other medically illiterate tech people snake oil like “toxin-free” coffee with butter in it and nootropics that give you diarrhea

and of course you have Thiel and his ghoulish unscientific idea that infusions of teen blood keeps you young forever

lmao wow:

that fuckin article:stare: posted:

Ten days before I met him at his home in British Columbia, Dave Asprey went to a clinic in Park City, Utah, where a surgeon harvested half a liter of bone marrow from his hips, filtered out the stem cells, and injected them into every joint in his body. He then threaded a cannula along Asprey’s spinal column and injected stem cells inside his spinal cord and into his cerebral fluid

this is just the first half of paragraph 1.

and you know my man be five fingin' in he own cryo chamber:

bring back old gbs has issued a correction as of 00:22 on Jan 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Its gonna be funny as poo poo when this dude dies in a car accident lol