Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mp5 posted:

alright i somehow missed the show, how right was our man daikatana

i forgot RE2 came out so somebody probably half assedly played that for about 10 minutes, making the game look like poo poo because they're bad at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
That happened and it was brad playing it btw.
He said of the remake of a 1998 game that had an interconnected level with backtracking and shortcuts you unlock that they made it sort of like a metroidvania this time around.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

ArfJason posted:

He said of the remake of a 1998 game that had an interconnected level with backtracking and shortcuts you unlock that they made it sort of like a metroidvania this time around.

a dark soulsian take on a classic survival horror franchise

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ArfJason posted:

lmfao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
This remake modernizes a classic by introducing the Typewriters, which are clearly inspired by the iconic bonfires of Dark Souls, but misses the mark by coming late to the party after so many games have done the same (Lords of the Fallen, Salt and Sanctuary, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and many more that come to mind). We suggest capcom stop chasing years old trends and focus on the future. Also the claire scenario is identical to leon's. 6/10

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 26, 2019

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ArfJason posted:

This remake modernizes a classic by introducing the Typewriters, which are the iconic bonfires of Dark Souls, but misses the mark by coming late to the party after so many games have done the same (Lords of the Fallen, Salt and Sanctuary, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and many more that come to mind). We suggest capcom stop chasing years old trends and focus on the future. Also the claire scenario is identical to leon's. 6/10

involuntary eye twitching at this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

This remake modernizes a classic by introducing the Typewriters, which are the iconic bonfires of Dark Souls, but misses the mark by coming late to the party after so many games have done the same (Lords of the Fallen, Salt and Sanctuary, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and many more that come to mind). We suggest capcom stop chasing years old trends and focus on the future. Also the claire scenario is identical to leon's. 6/10

lol

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ArfJason posted:

:eyepop:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ArfJason posted:

This remake modernizes a classic by introducing the Typewriters, which are clearly inspired by the iconic bonfires of Dark Souls, but misses the mark by coming late to the party after so many games have done the same (Lords of the Fallen, Salt and Sanctuary, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and many more that come to mind). We suggest capcom stop chasing years old trends and focus on the future. Also the claire scenario is identical to leon's. 6/10

*mindlessly scrolling up and down resetera* Ive heard the REmake can be pretty janky

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

involuntary eye twitching at this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I will laugh forever until my balls explode that they turned their reviews into videos the same year it was revealed the Zuck lied about video metrics eventually causing advertisers & businesses to lose unknown millions

Keeping their videos on their own site and having a subscriber model probably helped save them because they have actual income instead of just hoping advertisers keep overvaluing video content

It's funny/sad how Waypoint basically stopped doing videos entirely after that and now lost their actual studio to some other vice department and has to reserve a conference room to do their podcast. I wonder where they're gonna land

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Definately wicked sad that Waypoint stopped making content

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

Where are people gonna go to get their genderswap rape zelda fanfiction fix now? Guess it’s back to the Let’s Play subforum, fellas...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*clicks tongue sadly* 😔 Looks like ResetEra and Kotaku are ending their collab web series about Civilization 5 with the Brave New World expansion pack.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Looks like it's back to Patrick's Epic Horror Movie Discord for any discussion deeper than a kiddie pool. Laters.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

you can make fun of me for seriousposting about Waypoint but don't loving imply I like patrick

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 26, 2019

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

you can make fun of me for seriousposting about Waypoint but don't loving imply I like patrick

lol, respect

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*backs off, startled*

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

*backs off, startled*

Mmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Looks like it's back to Patrick's Epic Horror Movie Discord for any discussion deeper than a kiddie pool. Laters.

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

*backs off, startled*

Lmao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Wormskull posted:

*backs off, startled*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA&t=102s

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol at the last few pages.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Clearly I remember

Picking on the boy

Seemed a harmless little gently caress

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Clearly I remember

Picking on the boy

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

gnashed his teeth and covered his eyes from the ladies clothed breast, how could I forget

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

gnashed his teeth and covered his eyes from the ladies clothed breast, how could I forget

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Patrick kleptik proves himself better than the rapist 50 yo men who own vice by bwing a 35 yo man who blushes and averts his eyes away feom fully clothed japanese women.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Clearly I remember

Picking on the boy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mysterious loyall X posted:

Patrick kleptik proves himself better than the rapist 50 yo men who own vice by bwing a 35 yo man who blushes and averts his eyes away feom fully clothed japanese women.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
lol