Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Wuss, unleash the beast. you know you want to.

Yeah! I mean, she's been saying what she needs is a good deep Pickin'!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Yeah, like, don't leave it for them to stumble onto, like a fart in the bedsheets.

What the hell are you eating such that your farts can cause someone to stumble

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Wait, people do this? How does this contribute to the self-drying process in any capacity?

The drying process is about removing water from your body. By wiping off water you have less water on your body and are thus a bit drier than when you started. Now your towel has less work to do.

Your other option is to live here where the sun isn't up yet and it's already 25ºC so you go from wet from shower water to wet from sweat without really having a dry bit in between.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

EmmyOk posted:

lmao from the original thread where her husband was laughing at her art

:eyepop:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

He's a shithead and cheating on him was a good thing to do, but A) own that and B) break up with him afterwards

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

jobson groeth posted:

The drying process is about removing water from your body. By wiping off water you have less water on your body and are thus a bit drier than when you started. Now your towel has less work to do.

Your other option is to live here where the sun isn't up yet and it's already 25ºC so you go from wet from shower water to wet from sweat without really having a dry bit in between.

I see you've lived in S.E. Asia in the summer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The self-own inherent in "I've been with this guy for many years in a sexual relationship but I do not enjoy sex with him and never have, ever" is so profoundly sad that I can't help but feel terrible for her regardless of her being a cheating selfish liar. And how incredibly awful it must be to find out indirectly via forums posts that the woman you love never wanted your body and you've been emotionally traumatizing her for years every time you thought you were engaging in moments of sexual intimacy, and she never had the most basic level of trust in you to tell you, nor did you ever have the level of awareness of her emotions to realize what she was experiencing and break it off.

These are two utterly broken people and they deserve better lives and to be better people and mocking them just isn't very funny even if their behavior would normally be highly mock-worthy. I hope they stop posting and also get a lot of help.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pick posted:

Nessa has never and will never take advice, ever, because that would be admitting that she can control things that happen around her and that is just not how she perceives reality.

Yeah, I got the impression that she'd brush off any wakeup call someone gave her, then bury herself deeper in self-delusions rather than take any effective action, but I want to hope this doesn't end up with her getting murdered by her husband after he has some meltdown over a video game or whatever.

:whitewater:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

The self-own inherent in "I've been with this guy for many years in a sexual relationship but I do not enjoy sex with him and never have, ever" is so profoundly sad that I can't help but feel terrible for her regardless of her being a cheating selfish liar. And how incredibly awful it must be to find out indirectly via forums posts that the woman you love never wanted your body and you've been emotionally traumatizing her for years every time you thought you were engaging in moments of sexual intimacy, and she never had the most basic level of trust in you to tell you, nor did you ever have the level of awareness of her emotions to realize what she was experiencing and break it off.

These are two utterly broken people and they deserve better lives and to be better people and mocking them just isn't very funny even if their behavior would normally be highly mock-worthy. I hope they stop posting and also get a lot of help.

goons shouldn't date goons

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Crocoswine posted:

Please delete my PM then thanks

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

it is funny though that at one point she drew avatars for fyad and although they still ragged on her art they genuinely liked her more than her husband

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Crocoswine posted:

It honestly seems cursed somehow

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Crocoswine posted:

goons shouldn't date

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Slippery posted:

What the hell are you eating such that your farts can cause someone to stumble

Don't b jelusssss bb

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Don't b jelusssss bb

lol, nice

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Crocoswine posted:

I still want GLBL to come back despite the risks just to watch it happen in real time.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

jobson groeth posted:

it sounds like you're just making your hands wetter.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ghostlight posted:

it sounds like you're just making your hands wetter.

but then you have a hands free hand squeegee taped to the wall, its all very simple

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Buy better towels

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Choco1980 posted:

I still want GLBL to come back despite the risks just to watch it happen in real time.

To be fair, the people who have successful goon relationships probably just don't get any attention as they don't create a spectacle to gawk at.
But hey maybe the goon curse is real. I dunno, I met a guy through ok cupid who happened to be a goon. It didn't end well but most relationships don't so :shrug:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Choco1980 posted:

What's GLBL, I either wasn't here or plain don't remember

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I married a goon, but they don't post anymore and forgot their pssword, so now I am alpha goon in the relationship.

We've been together for over ten years, and it's our sick sense of humor that keeps us going. Otherwise we would have probably died off a long time ago.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Slippery posted:

I thought it was GLITBL (goon love is the best love)

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Slippery posted:

Goon Love is the Best Love

It was some kind of goon dating service that was pretty cool in theory. However, it was also directly responsible for at least one sexual assault.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Oh thanks, yeah I totally forgot about that. I can see it being a classic 'odds are good but the goods are odd' situation...

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It was just threads that people made that were basically like newspaper listings for dating that was mod approved/promoted ahead of time. I think they made a temporary subforum for it. I wanna say it was connected to e/n

Edit I was gonna see if there was a SAclopedia entry on it but I don't see one.

Dixville has a new favorite as of 01:08 on Jan 27, 2019

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DicktheCat posted:

I married a goon, but they don't post anymore and forgot their pssword, so now I am alpha goon in the relationship.

We've been together for over ten years, and it's our sick sense of humor that keeps us going. Otherwise we would have probably died off a long time ago.

I dated a very nice person who when I linked some funny poo poo like the dragon island weirdos, and told them I was a goon said, oh yeah, I've dated several.

That was worrisome.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

syscall girl posted:

I dated a very nice person who when I linked some funny poo poo like the dragon island weirdos, and told them I was a goon said, oh yeah, I've dated several.

That was worrisome.

how is elfpr0n doing these days

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I dated someone who frequented 4chan. I remember thinking she was talking about "Fortune" before she linked me to the site.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snow Cone Capone posted:

how is elfpr0n doing these days

six degrees, bichtes

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I found the original thread, I guess it was multiple people posting in one thread per region.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186865&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

drat I can't believe that was almost 10 years ago

I mostly just remember seeing someone post that was in my city at the time and considering responding but then someone more attractive and interesting than me and closer to his age responded so I didn't. I think it was for the best honestly!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i clicked on this thread to see whats up and shiiit nessa...

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The best part is that he didn’t even get the FYAD cred he wanted. They loving hated him lmfao

btw, this is true. I'm pretty sure we all made fun of him immediately on finding out, and yes, Nessa did make avs for some of us.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

I remember when this happened. Nessa was trying to maker her own Madoka Magica-like webcomic and posting test pages into the CC thread for feedback. FYAD had a thread going at the time making fun of kind of corny/bad art SA posters shared around the forums and Nessa became a recurring feature. Spiffo is her husband, yeah. They were just engaged at the time though. Nessa was justifiably upset when she found out he was making fun of her art with FYAD, and he got banned by FYAD.

This is all accurate btw, btw.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
What the hell is going on with Hogge Wild and their chain probations?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
that's lucy's thing, but idk, he probably made an extremely bad post somewhere and she's having fun

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

ArfJason posted:

This is all accurate btw, btw.

hell yeah baby swipe me like a masturbacard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ArfJason posted:

that's lucy's thing, but idk, he probably made an extremely bad post somewhere and she's having fun

"somewhere" in this case being all over the forum for the past 6 years

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

hell yeah baby swipe me like a masturbacard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-rnvqL-r08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Crocoswine posted:

idk I dated another goon for 10 months circa 2011 and while it didn't last, it was nowhere near a shitfest and I have fond memories of that relationship