Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i guess priorities are important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Paging Spiffo to the greatest sagas thread. Let's get some real drama in here

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
could we get them both?

RELATIONSHIP COUNSELING THUNDER DOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEE

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

sneakyfrog posted:

could we get them both?

RELATIONSHIP COUNSELING THUNDER DOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEE

Complete with an all-star counseling panel including Two Worlds, Getfiscal and the bloated corpse of Pastor Travis

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Oh, and if I remember right, eventually Nessa made a deal with FYAD where she'd draw them avatars and in exchange got to pick a few to ban/probate. Some of them might still have her avatars?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

sneakyfrog posted:

that would be the lamest loving ban reason

banned for relationship issues

Things my poor decisions have cost me
Marriage
Family
Friends
Vintage SA account w/ p. deece post history

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
how old are these people? i mean granted i was making p bad decisions into my 30s but still.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

quote:

I remember when this happened. Nessa was trying to maker her own Madoka Magica-like webcomic and posting test pages into the CC thread for feedback. FYAD had a thread going at the time making fun of kind of corny/bad art SA posters shared around the forums and Nessa became a recurring feature. Spiffo is her husband, yeah. They were just engaged at the time though. Nessa was justifiably upset when she found out he was making fun of her art with FYAD, and he got banned by FYAD.

That thread has a lot of amazing quotes, especially in light of this new event

k I take it back this is hilarious now. hmm I wonder if finding out her husband was mocking her creative works for fyad cred might have some influence on losing any sexual attraction to him.

hachi machi

purple death ray has a new favorite as of 16:27 on Jan 26, 2019

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmao from the original thread where her husband was laughing at her art

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I seem to remember a pages-long argument about whether brushing ("squee-geeing") the water off yourself after a shower before drying off with a towel was a good use of one's time and that was a dumb argument even by our famously low standards

edit: I actually think this argument happened more than once and what I read was its re-ligitation, which itself is colon psyduck colon to the max

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

purple death ray posted:

k I take it back this is hilarious now. hmm I wonder if finding out her husband was mocking her creative works for fyad cred might have some influence on losing any sexual attraction to him.

hachi machi

everyone involved seems like kind of a prick lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

everytime you mock something online it's going to be at someone's expense. It's up to people if they are happy to take part or not but posting your fianceés stuff to get mocked and joining in is def worse than laughing at people you don't know imo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
agreed. thats loving stone cold.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The best part is that he didn’t even get the FYAD cred he wanted. They loving hated him lmfao

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

...brushing ("squee-geeing") the water off yourself after a shower before drying off with a towel...

Wait, people do this? How does this contribute to the self-drying process in any capacity?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pastry of the Year posted:

I seem to remember a pages-long argument about whether brushing ("squee-geeing") the water off yourself after a shower before drying off with a towel was a good use of one's time and that was a dumb argument even by our famously low standards

edit: I actually think this argument happened more than once and what I read was its re-ligitation, which itself is colon psyduck colon to the max

ah man i always do this, u dry off way friggen faster and u can be gross and not wash ur towels as much. im a boy but i use a hair dryer too which is also faster and its nice.

bring back old gbs has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Jan 26, 2019

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

EmmyOk posted:

lmao from the original thread where her husband was laughing at her art

The dark prophecy. Now. A reality.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

purple death ray posted:

hachi machi

For me, the most worrying part about that moment was her still agreeing to marry him. Finding out your fiancé was vigorously dunking on you with internet people should be an instant :sever: moment, and I've been half expecting this kind of implosion every time someone would post an update to their relationship somewhere on here.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Paladinus posted:

The dark prophecy. Now. A reality.

Really and truly, you are one of my favorites.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

sneakyfrog posted:

how old are these people? i mean granted i was making p bad decisions into my 30s but still.

One assumes the social age and physical ages are different

God knows I am not some exemplar of normalcy but mocking your wife's art online is like, a recursive ouroboros of goonery

Also she seems selfish :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm not going to link because A I'm lazy and B I think it would be too helldumpy, but two other big parts of Nessa's story were that she was currently trying to have a baby with her husband, and that she posted a number of times about how wonderful this friend was in a totally platonic way, he definitely didn't want to be with either of them so he was just being nice because he was nice, she wasn't actually into him as more than a friend, their friendship proved men and women could be normal platonic friends, etc.

I do think men and women can be friends, but their situation specifically sounded like a total timebomb. I didn't think she would post about it blowing up, but I'm not in ladythread (it moves too fast for me). Honestly I'm just super glad that she didn't get pregnant first.

This was the most predictable outcome ever, and I have no sympathy for nessa whatsoever, however I'm trying to limit how much of a dick I am in e/n spaces.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pick posted:

This was the most predictable outcome ever, and I have no sympathy for nessa whatsoever, however I'm trying to limit how much of a dick I am in e/n spaces.

Wuss, unleash the beast. you know you want to.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Wuss, unleash the beast. you know you want to.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

sneakyfrog posted:

agreed. thats loving stone cold.

AND ALSO since I can't let this go, if you're gonna dunk on your fiancee in fyad why would you TELL them that she's your fiancee, that's just calling attention to your overt lack of basic human decency

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Someone being a general good poster should not stop them being laughed at in this thread.

We spent pages laughing at the goon that couldn't stop spending thousands of dollars a month on star wars merch, please help me my family is starving. Also this luncheon meat is good for baby.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

TTerrible posted:

We spent pages laughing at the goon that couldn't stop spending thousands of dollars a month on star wars merch, please help me my family is starving. Also this luncheon meat is good for baby.

Got a link handy?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
she just wanted a cuckshed :(

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hogge getting chain probed is a pretty goddamn hilarious saga of posting between probations

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Len posted:

Paging Spiffo to the greatest sagas thread. Let's get some real drama in here

unfortunately it looks like that he hasn't posted in a few years. or the search is broken

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hogges new av is so good

gently caress

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
fooled me

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Xarbala posted:

hogges new av is so good

gently caress

thanks! someone in byob gave it to me, and i really like it

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pick posted:

After looking at the lady chat thread it's pretty obvious that Spiffo is still an abusive manchild who sees her as a replacement mom/free maid, stalked her texts before this and now sees this as an excuse to seize all control of her means of communication, and is doing his best to emotionally and physically isolate her. I'm not going to barge in there but I hope you guys can talk her into leaving both of the creeps behind and getting years of therapy.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lmao holy poo poo, everyone involved in this is a massive piece of poo poo. They all deserve each other

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nessa has never and will never take advice, ever, because that would be admitting that she can control things that happen around her and that is just not how she perceives reality.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Pick posted:

Nessa has never and will never take advice, ever, because that would be admitting that she can control things that happen around her and that is just not how she perceives reality.

Usually when someone posts about loving up their life the side you get paints them in a good light but she did not make that happen

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I would dump and assassinate any partner of mine who mocked my creative endeavors behind my back. Ride or loving die; hell yeah you'd better not insult my kawaii Hannibal Lecter gay vore inflation Sailor Moon crossover fanart.

I mean, uh, just for example.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
at least own your mockery to your partners face i mean really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

sneakyfrog posted:

at least own your mockery to your partners face i mean really.

Yeah, like, don't leave it for them to stumble onto, like a fart in the bedsheets.