Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I don't know why I thought that she was manifesting a new cultivar of butt-peach.

Which immediately raised the question - could she manifest a new youth restoring butt-peach/plum/apple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The fake out horny magic page followed directly by the direct sex positivity page is nearly peak millennial meta genius

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

M. Propagandalf posted:

I don't know why I thought that she was manifesting a new cultivar of butt-peach.

Which immediately raised the question - could she manifest a new youth restoring butt-peach/plum/apple?

If the Red Art could do that, don't you think Mottom would have just did that?

She uses it for basically everything else.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Also Alison’s brain key looking like an empty dialog bubble is 100% intentional

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

M_Gargantua posted:

The fake out horny magic page followed directly by the direct sex positivity page is nearly peak millennial meta genius
Oh, absolutely. And it turns what would have been a rather played out cliche into proper brilliance

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More lessons with Cio.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

M_Gargantua posted:

We thought Operant was swerving away from the implied direction but NO HE JUST FELT LIKE DOING A SPIN

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Malpais Legate posted:

If the Red Art could do that, don't you think Mottom would have just did that?

She uses it for basically everything else.

Mottom isn't Royalty.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

pseudorandom name posted:

Mottom isn't Royalty.

Royalty would mean you don't want the fruit either.
The fruit cannot just be made because immortality is fundamentally not a Royal desire. It might be a Royal result, but, a side effect.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Joe Slowboat posted:

Well, hold on now.

Is it a tasty fruit?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Fish Noise posted:

Well, hold on now.

Is it a tasty fruit?

Butt fruit seemed decidedly unpleasant.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

As someone who's have quite a few bones in their body, let me just say, not many of them are subtle.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

As someone who's have quite a few bones in their body, let me just say, not many of them are subtle.

Would you like one?

It was right there. I regret nothing

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fish Noise posted:

We thought Operant was swerving away from the implied direction but NO HE JUST FELT LIKE DOING A SPIN

Operant's just doing loving wheelies in the parking lot now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Joe Slowboat posted:

The fruit cannot just be made because immortality is fundamentally not a Royal desire. It might be a Royal result, but, a side effect.

Royalty is immortal not because you don't want to ever die, but rather because you don't feel like dying right now, you've got other stuff to do.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I distinctly remember someone in the thread said that just because Zoss was killed didn't mean he had to die, and Operant responded that this person was closer to Royalty than any of the demiurges.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Operant's just doing loving wheelies in the parking lot now.

Burnouts with tractor tires.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

M. Propagandalf posted:

That's exactly what I thought at first.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I also thought it was a weirdly flavored peach. Which immediately brought this to mind when Cio took a bite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyViuXFyIE4

Apparently, that thought might have also entered Al's mind too.

Pretty psyched about the Allison/Cio relationship. Gonna be interesting to see what happens as Allison draws closer to Royalty and further from Mortality.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
man the comments section for this page is a disaster.

i can't even post anymore, Operant did you just shut it down in a last ditch effort to quench the garbage fire or is it legit broken?

also i did the AND THEN THEY hosed bird post. just wanted to take credit for that while im here

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Let's see why Operant would have possibly closed-

Some Rando posted:

this comic has become a straight white males personal fetishization material
it’s sad because it has cool concepts and world building but the portrayal of this sudden lesbian relationship is entirely and utterly problematic and very much seen through the male gaze

guess after 2 years of reading i’m finally done

...oh.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Let's see why Operant would have possibly closed-

quote:

guess after 2 years of reading i’m finally done

...oh.

to be fair, there are roughly 50 replies owning this person and none supporting them lol

eke out fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 27, 2019

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
that's me! i'm that bird too! haha!

also I think this is my favorite comment in the whole section

k6bd comments posted:

It seems like this is a game they play now. Cio doesn’t want to be too pushy since that is something the old her would of done (remember the comic right before the time jump when her and Allison shared a cig?) but she is also a demon who is likely ALWAYS dtf. I read the “wanna have sex?” In an almost exasperated tone, having in because CIO, being the minx that she is, would continue to not subtly push the subject. It seems like this thing happens often.

I like it. It feels fairly real, mundane and cute.

it's so totally Cio and if i wasn't a dude i'd be so gay for both of them

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

ChibiSoma posted:

Really. I'm going to start magically liking Ciollison and the fact that Tom's ensured we won't get anything resembling a male gaze-free end?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sometimes I get exasperated with people blaming Tumblr for everything, but in this specific case...

I blame Tumblr.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I think the hottest take is the one post that's like "hmmmm, an anti-sjw using sjw language to stir up hate against sjws. nice try"

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
on the opposite side of the coin, /co/s been bemoaning that the comic's become an SJW one since we got Mottom's backstory

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

4chan is right up there with Fox News in "everything is a commie gay liberal plot".

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Honestly, it's true that this kind of scene can easily get self-indulgent but I feel like the double fake-out is a decently clever mean of creating distance. And the comic literally started with a sex scene, it's not like depicting or alluding to it was ever off the table.

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

on the opposite side of the coin, /co/s been bemoaning that the comic's become an SJW one since we got Mottom's backstory

Along with White Chain's gender complications, I imagine.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What really made me roll my eyes at the quote I posted was 'sudden lesbian relationship.'

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, that comments section went bad in a hurry. And it's not even the "oh no problematical" comment, which was pretty well shut the gently caress down. It's the sheer thirst in a lot of comments being more than a lil' creepy.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Dawgstar posted:

What really made me roll my eyes at the quote I posted was 'sudden lesbian relationship.'

It's not like anything along those lines showed up before.

Just imagine every letter in this post was a link to a different strip

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Dawgstar posted:

Not a hint, ever. Not a smidge. Two years of a nice, happy Jesus approved comic and suddenly we're in Gomorrah. Well I'm out. Good day to you sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Mimesweeper posted:

also I think this is my favorite comment in the whole section

Well yeah..Cio herself basically said she "went through" like half a dozen slaves a day. You were thinking she drank their blood or something?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Well yeah..Cio herself basically said she "went through" like half a dozen slaves a day. You were thinking she drank their blood or something?

I figured it was more "working them to death / murdering them for fun / murdering them for their insolence / eating them for their soul flames," that kind of thing.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Poltergrift posted:

I figured it was more "working them to death / murdering them for fun / murdering them for their insolence / eating them for their soul flames," that kind of thing.

Yeah, and I think that's the real implication. Was just trying to make a joke out of it :)

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Yeah, and I think that's the real implication. Was just trying to make a joke out of it :)

Ah, sorry. Hard to tell on the internet.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i like the comic but i'm not really sure i like the words any of you have to say about the comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i like the comic but i'm not really sure i like the words any of you have to say about the comic

oooooooooooooookay?