Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

mcbexx posted:

Maybe Chidi went and left a note in a book "You were in love with Eleanor" for himself to find.
Better check Janet's mouth for scraps of paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Democratic Pirate posted:

gently caress it, cross the streams and put Jean Ralphio in there
That wouldn't be crossing the streams tho

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

LifeLynx posted:

This is a show that stars Anna from Frozen, why's anyone worried about getting the guy from the Breaking Bad prequel every Christopher Guest movie ever?

Not an empty quote.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

LifeLynx posted:

This is a show that stars Anna from Frozen, why's anyone worried about getting the guy from the Breaking Bad prequelthis is spinal tap?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

LifeLynx posted:

This is a show that stars Anna from Frozen, why's anyone worried about getting the guy from the Breaking Bad prequel 1¼ seasons of SNL?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
you haven't seen BCS, i guess.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
I watch BCS religiously and I’m still pretty sure they’d be able to get him pretty easily.

I mean, the man should’ve been a shoo-in to win and yet they didn’t even nominate him for an Emmy.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
he burned to death

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ted Danson was in the most recent Orville episode and it was a real stinker and his guest role was a total waste.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kristen Bell is arguably twice the starpower as McKean which sucks because McKean has been around forever and is one of the hardest working actors in the business. BCS also doesn't seem to have nearly the impact as Breaking Bad for its actors. Its not like people are knocking down the door for Bob Odenkirk like they are for Bryan Cranston.

Kristen Bell going to this show was a huge win for them. She really could have done anything after Frozen which is telling that no one wants Idina Menzel but that's probably because she's notoriously an awful person to work with.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Doltos posted:

Kristen Bell is arguably twice the starpower as McKean which sucks because McKean has been around forever and is one of the hardest working actors in the business. BCS also doesn't seem to have nearly the impact as Breaking Bad for its actors. Its not like people are knocking down the door for Bob Odenkirk like they are for Bryan Cranston.

Kristen Bell going to this show was a huge win for them. She really could have done anything after Frozen which is telling that no one wants Idina Menzel but that's probably because she's notoriously an awful person to work with.

At this point I'm always really suspicious of reports an actress is hard to work with. It's usually code for "has a backbone" and/or "won't sleep with producers".

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It's 'Clue' for McKean for me. He's consistently great. Also, I feel like with the way the show races through storylines, he could effectively only be around like 2-3 episodes before they change it all up again.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

A Sometimes Food posted:

At this point I'm always really suspicious of reports an actress is hard to work with. It's usually code for "has a backbone" and/or "won't sleep with producers".

I’m gonna go with Menzel being a bad actress over her being difficult to work with.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Doltos posted:

I think you're super exaggerating how it works for actors in animations. Nobody's knocking down the door for them no matter how popular that film was, because as far as most people are concerned they're not actually in it.
Voice acting doesn't open the doors that "physical" acting does.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CaveGrinch posted:

I’m gonna go with Menzel being a bad actress over her being difficult to work with.

I haven't actually seen anything with her in it, so you could be right. I was just responding to someone mentioning rumours of her being hard to work with. Said rumours seem to often if not usually be poo poo rapists make up to cover their buddies or get back at actresses rebuffing them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
cut her some slack, she had to work in glee AND the rent movie.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Random Stranger posted:

I love whoever wrote the Hulu episode description:

"Various events occur, in a certain specific order."

I actually write those descriptions for a living. Generally on finales we keep the descriptions ridiculously vague to prevent spoilers.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

A Sometimes Food posted:

I haven't actually seen anything with her in it, so you could be right. I was just responding to someone mentioning rumours of her being hard to work with. Said rumours seem to often if not usually be poo poo rapists make up to cover their buddies or get back at actresses rebuffing them.

Quite the leap because the rumors are that she's a diva that treats her help like poo poo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CaveGrinch posted:

Everything she's been in has been musical theatre, film adaptions of musical theatre, and singing in animated movies. She perhaps is really good at one thing, and that thing doesn't get a lot of work in Hollywood

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just caught up, and...it's over already for this season?

All the shows that last for 22-24 episodes, and this is it after 12-13?

:smith:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

A Sometimes Food posted:

I've known multiple people who have seen her live tour and attested that she was rude as hell on stage, for whatever that's worth

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

I've known multiple people who have seen her live tour and attested that she was rude as hell on stage, for whatever that's worth

I mean rumor is she divorced Taye Diggs the second she thought she could be more famous than him so 🤷🏾‍♀️

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

When rumours of an actor being a piece of poo poo, a rapist, or just plain a pain in the rear end to work with comes up consistently from the crew and working class of the film industry it's generally true. When it's just a few producers/directors complaining about someone, specially a women, it's generally that she did something horrible like question why she was being paid half that of her male co-star.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Koalas March posted:

I mean rumor is she divorced Taye Diggs the second she thought she could be more famous than him so 🤷🏾‍♀️

Taye Diggs noooo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I actually write those descriptions for a living. Generally on finales we keep the descriptions ridiculously vague to prevent spoilers.

If you know the person who writes the Netflix ones can you tell them to stop writing them so lame and cheesy?

Doltos posted:

All I know about Idina Menzel is John Travolta couldn't say her name at the Oscars and then tried to make out with her.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 27, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm generally pretty hesitant to believe rumors that an actress is "difficult" because that's usually code for "actually gives a poo poo about her performance/the way she's being treated on set." I also haven't heard about any of this Menzel poo poo before right now. But from the variety of sources and stories here it's tough to deny that there's probably at least something to this.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Arist posted:

I'm generally pretty hesitant to believe rumors that an actress is "difficult" because that's usually code for "actually gives a poo poo about her performance/the way she's being treated on set." I also haven't heard about any of this Menzel poo poo before right now. But from the variety of sources and stories here it's tough to deny that there's probably at least something to this.

There is a massive, massive difference between giving a poo poo about their performance and how they're treated on set and being a diva. Being famous isn't an excuse for treating people like poo poo and acting like an untouchable god, especially since there's so many famous actors out there that don't act like that despite facing difficulties on set.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
If you all like Michael McKean, get hype because Good Omens is coming out in a few months and he, in some of the most loving inspired casting in the world, plays Witchhunter Sergeant Shadwell.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Doltos posted:

There is a massive, massive difference between giving a poo poo about their performance and how they're treated on set and being a diva. Being famous isn't an excuse for treating people like poo poo and acting like an untouchable god, especially since there's so many famous actors out there that don't act like that despite facing difficulties on set.

I'm saying it's probably true, dude

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Doltos posted:

Quite the leap because the rumors are that she's a diva that treats her help like poo poo

If it's true that sucks, I'm just saying my default is skepticism cause rumours like that about actresses are so often started by rapists blacklisting women that said something or who resisted.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Silly Burrito posted:

Just caught up, and...it's over already for this season?

All the shows that last for 22-24 episodes, and this is it after 12-13?

:smith:

Are you kidding? It's one of the best things to happen to American TV recently. When you have to do 22-24 episodes, you end up stretching too far, delaying stories and payoffs too long, and treading water too often. It's hard on the writers, hard on the actors, hard on the crew. More content solely for the sake of having more content leads to watering down your show, not improving your show.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

ashpanash posted:

Are you kidding? It's one of the best things to happen to American TV recently. When you have to do 22-24 episodes, you end up stretching too far, delaying stories and payoffs too long, and treading water too often. It's hard on the writers, hard on the actors, hard on the crew. More content solely for the sake of having more content leads to watering down your show, not improving your show.

Also I think I remember reading that it's in Kristen Bell's contract that she won't do more than 13 episodes per season because she didn't want to be away from her family for too long.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Will there be a Season 4?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ashpanash posted:

A valid point, but I just want more of this show.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I feel like I'm ready for the plot to start wrapping up, because I always get nervous when shows get longer than three seasons (because then they almost always start getting tired and spinning their wheels).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ashpanash posted:

It's weird that Brooklyn 99 is so funny considering how many episodes they pump out per season.

I agree though a good amount of episodes for a season is 10-13ish.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

OscarDiggs posted:

It’s been renewed.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OscarDiggs posted:

No, that was the ending

Thread closed

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I read in an interview with Michael Schur the other day that they're in preproduction for season 4 already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

OscarDiggs posted:

Read the thread title!